• Don't know what to watch? Try a random show!
First  Prev  10429  10430  10431  10432  10433  10434  10435  10436  10437  10438  10439  10440  10441  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime Motivational Posters (READ FIRST POST)
12003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/4/13

Megaflaem wrote:


KamenRiderPantsu wrote:

Garland Tries to Explain the Truth to Chaos
LINK


Dude, could you STOP now? It's obviously been a problem if you've been in an argument with a shitload of people AND mods over your linking problems. Just go about motting like normal, chatting with other people. Just. STOP. LINKING. URLS. So please, for the sake of everyone's enjoyment of this really wonderful thread, JUST STOP.




so I should sacrifice part of my happy for the sake of others?
sorry, but I'm not a main character of a shonen series
95761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 2/4/13 , edited 2/4/13
this reminds of that one time, the thread was so full of porn it was closed because not of the porn.

the thread was closed because users lack understanding that posting porn was not allowed.

if we do some math here, links = porn, users are still users, mods are mods.

lets replace porn with link of the previous

this reminds of that one time, the thread was so full of links it was closed because not of the links.

the thread was closed because users lack understanding that posing links was not allowed.

~~~

tbh i don't mind the links good cr drama, good ol' amp

the never ending battle between ampers and mods versus ampers




KamenRiderPantsu wrote:


so I should sacrifice part of my happy for the sake of others?
sorry, but I'm not a main character of a shonen series


do you want to be the main character of a shounen series??? pun seriously intended, i also think you intended it as well

I have always defied the mods... not giving you any encouragement, here I am today defiant as ever.
95761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 2/4/13 , edited 2/4/13
it has come to my attention that the link url is present, now why is that there if no one wants us to link

second: what about them amv, threads??? links spam those threads all the time, those are ok?? not bursting anyones bubble, but hypocrisy is obviously apparent.



edit: also that quotes thread has them links....
11477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Rotting away, stu...
Offline
Posted 2/4/13 , edited 2/4/13
Coat Quotes incoming!

Lyphaen wrote:


Heck, sometimes I wanted to be a doctor/med student just for that. I mean, I already have[/] the cool black scarf, I just lack the white cape.

Something I counter with by having two black jackets (you guys have seen me before wearing one, when I cosplayed the Dark Flame Master) and a black coat. Which, unfortunately, I rarely ever use. But that looks freaking awesome.


Med is worth it just for the coat of doctoryness.
I'm not entirely sure how that would work, two black jackets.... wouldn't that get really, really hot? Or maybe it's just my body that makes too much heat and makes sweat at the slightest of provocations.


JDRV wrote:
IKR! Now get a super awesome black scarf and you'll be good to go... LOL


I would, but it's never cold enough here to warrant a scarf...or never cold enough for me *LOUIS.ARMSTRONG*... But seriously, I start sweating with just my coat on, and this one's not even the real, heavy doc coat, it's just a temporary fix for us given by the uni. So I don't think I'll be wearing more warm things anytime soon, not unless my job takes me to UK, Alaska or Antarctica...



JDRV wrote:



Well, why not do it? LOL, it's worth it just for that privilege... and I mean it...


My reasons for doing med were two-fold. One of them was the coat. The other was, like I've said a few times now, that I get to cut people up and not get taken to an insanitarium.

12003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/4/13
15855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Unadministered Pl...
Offline
Posted 2/4/13
6615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 2/4/13 , edited 2/5/13

AnimeKami wrote:

it has come to my attention that the link url is present, now why is that there if no one wants us to link

second: what about them amv, threads??? links spam those threads all the time, those are ok?? not bursting anyones bubble, but hypocrisy is obviously apparent.

edit: also that quotes thread has them links....


well i think links itself aren't the problem (the rule says something about no advertising links or for promotion), but the problem is that krp posted TONS of links (and most of them offtopic some you could understand for self promotion etc) + the mods and other people, like me, got into arguments over it (i suggested that he spoiler his links so people can easy ignore it), but he showed zero understanding for proposed compromise or anything others said...
in the end there is no other way to handle somebody this unreasonable, and that is to use rules.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


KamenRiderPantsu wrote:
so I should sacrifice part of my happy for the sake of others?
sorry, but I'm not a main character of a shonen series


yes, you should, it is called social consideration. the same thing why you shouldn't post spoilerish stuff from actual shows. it is just consideration for other people.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and a mot for mr buttlove

12003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/5/13 , edited 2/5/13
and yet even when I put them in spoilers
or even when I put a corresponding mot
I still got my head chewed off.

I tried to show consideration, but Dman (or whatever his name was) kept making it an issue.

and now I'm the only one who gets chewed out, even when it's ONE measly link



things I have tried;

cutting down on the amount

grouping similar links together

spoilers

squishing links between TWO mots like a sandwich

making corresponding mots
6615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 2/5/13
you never put them consequent into spoilers.
you did it when you thought you have to, but never in a consistent way. sometimes you did it and one week later you stopped it without any reason etc (the same with spoiler mots, that is not you, but the same case, it seems people think a new season and they don't have to spoiler stuff anymore...)

95761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 2/5/13 , edited 2/5/13
the thread has 4.1 million views granted zendude probably has 4 million, so only 100 thousand views that counts, still a lot

again, no one has a gun to your head saying you have to click the links.

Every time I click my internet browser I know the risks of going on the internet, I sincerely hope everyone does, I'm giving kmr the benefit of the doubt he isn't advertising porn.

~~~~

The thread has been through worst shit than this, trust me. I understand moderators do his and her jobs, the problem is the 14-17 year old that look at this thread, with no contribution and they report good fellows like kmr...

How many people(that post in the thread) actually care about linking? if there isn't a consequence.



btw zwolf i saw your mal account watch more anime...
15855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Unadministered Pl...
Offline
Posted 2/5/13
People, if you have the energy to complain about posting links, can you please prevent anymore graveyard shifts from happening?

95761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 2/5/13 , edited 2/5/13
Let me tell you guys a story.

Back in the day there was a group of bashers that always starts pickings fights on the forums, and they would always break down each argument piece by piece, use all the quote features, highlight every fucking thing and bash you. Of course I was part of that group, people moved on, myself and another GoPlayGo whom I entirely respect, we always made our arguments simple and clean, so we came up with this saying.

Good bashers always write good essays, but it takes genius to write it in one sentence.

I've always stuck to this, always.

So... what am I getting at, someone write me an essay saying why linking is bad, and I will write you one sentence saying, you're wrong.

15855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Unadministered Pl...
Offline
Posted 2/5/13
95761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 2/5/13
Guardian of A/M/P
63454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 2/5/13 , edited 2/5/13

KamenRiderPantsu wrote:

edited due to the fact youtube links piss people off for some reason

back to lurking then before I piss more people off
(but I guess it's to late)


If no one said anything, you would've just restarted doing what you were doing again because you think that it's okay, and it will again escalate to something. So let's just escalate now so that we can get it out of the way.

The "piss off" is because of the blatant display of arrogance despite what the mods and the users say about it after the change. Also, it goes relatives to what is not allowable by the other rules and respect for the other users who are abiding. In layman's term, it's because you can't get a hint.

At least four people already openly refrained from posting links because of the change, and they seem to have complied and just going with things regularly.


AnimeKami wrote:

second: what about them amv, threads??? links spam those threads all the time, those are ok?? not bursting anyones bubble, but hypocrisy is obviously apparent.


This thread gets a bit of a different treatment because of the crap that can go on here, and plus, there's a couple of things that allows to exist the way it is; it shouldn't be here in the first place anyways. This is presented by the past two thread that was taken down. History has shown that the mods doesn't like to deal with this thread, so anything to minimalize the problem would be the ideal solution.

That AMV thread isn't really disallowed just like the "General Link Thread" that's sticked in the "General" section. Though, they are still subject to the "linking" provisions set by the rules.


AnimeKami wrote:

So... what am I getting at, someone write me an essay saying why linking is bad, and I will write you one sentence saying, you're wrong.


Well, posting links is not bad in the same way posting three images in a post isn't bad. Though, we are playing in someone's house, and obviously, you can't do whatever you want in someone's house unless otherwise stated by the owners. Since somethings are stated, we just have to comply to them if we want to keep staying over.




Something:
First  Prev  10429  10430  10431  10432  10433  10434  10435  10436  10437  10438  10439  10440  10441  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.