• Don't know what to watch? Try a random show!
First  Prev  10444  10445  10446  10447  10448  10449  10450  10451  10452  10453  10454  10455  10456  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime Motivational Posters (READ FIRST POST)
30451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / ! / Betelgeuse Seven
Offline
Posted 2/6/13

Asobi ni Ikuyo
16569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / United Arab Emira...
Offline
Posted 2/6/13

Holynight6 wrote:


Smoking_Bombs wrote:
(A cohesive and reasonable argument)


Exactly. I mean it specifically says in the general forum rules that linking to stuff is perfectly fine, as long as you genuinely like it, it's not spam and it's not advertisement. I don't understand why after 1 person complains to a mod they decide to ban it for a specific thread. Either the mods actually hate us (quite possible) or they're complete pushovers.
If the 2nd one is the case, can I report every one of KRPs posts that don't have a lot of links, cause I think he's being bullied and it's ruining my fun. (I wont actually do it )


Let me check the rules once again as stated in that place that I can't link because I don't want to get this post deleted on a blind rage:

1. Please refrain from linking to websites that share Anime, Manga or Drama illegally.
We don't do that obviously. Unless you count Youtube which is NOT used for that but rather to short clips and other related stuff.

2. Crunchyroll’s forums are PG-13
PG-13 that oddly includes butt love, rape train, bikinis, yuri, yaoi, etc...

3. Adult content of any kind has no place in the forums.
Restating what I just mentioned with #2

4. Multiple accounts are not allowed.
Yet there were some who got away with it for a long time

5. Trolling, flaming and flamebaiting are discouraged
Obviously WE are the ones getting trolled by "Mr. 1 Post Sniper" over and over and the Mods get the easy method by yelling at US

6. Don’t Spam (including chainletters).
Linking to other sites is NOT the same as chainletters!

7. Please be respectful of other users.
We're trying our best. Honestly.

8. Please try to use the appropriate forum for your thread.
Irrelevant since the majority of us are pretty much here and don't venture to other sections that often and we do ask for help from each other and it wasn't a problem..... yet.......

9. Type legibly. Avoid posting multiple images, double posting or creating quote pyramids.
Yeah yeah, we know this drill

10. Always report bugs you experience on Crunchyroll to the Staff
Been there, done that

11. Only Submit Valid Information To Crunchyroll’s Library
As far as I know I only post to /AMP/ Groups with their relevant content

12. Only Premium Members can suggest Anime/Drama/Music
Irrelevant here

13. When in doubt, use common sense!
We're trying, but sometimes chaos takes the better of us.


Now, to the extended rules say about "Inappropriate Links":

~ Pornographic, racist or illegal materials
We don't do that.

~ Profit sites or referral link games. These are sites that earn the poster a profit/commission or sites that give points for incoming links.
We don't do that. And the only games we link are the safe ones for giggles like the name-based ones

~ Links to sites that host potentially illegal content. This would include direct downloads and streaming sites that have videos and music that were uploaded without consent of the copyright holders.
Not sure about personal streaming channels...

~ Any form of advertising. You may post links to sites you like, just as long as you genuinely endorse it and don't post it multiple times.
Now THIS is what you're referring to, right? What does KMP usually link? The sites he likes. He doesn't advertise his own sites or anything, just fun stuff from his favorite ones that are relevant to our hobbies. If that's okay according to these rules, then why not here? It doesn't say "Doesn't apply on /AMP/ thread" or so!



I also went back to the old /AMP/ and here were the rules:

1. No spamming.
2. Keep the thread PG-13 (no sexual images)
3. No flaming.
4. Two images are only allowed per post. However, the limit of the images allowed may be removed if and only if the images will be put under the spoiler tag.
5. Anime-related images only.
6. Have fun. This thread's purpose is solely for entertainment.


And that's it! Nothing as complicated as how it is here!





12003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/6/13
found this

30451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / ! / Betelgeuse Seven
Offline
Posted 2/6/13

SHINOBI-03 wrote:

~ Links to sites that host potentially illegal content. This would include direct downloads and streaming sites that have videos and music that were uploaded without consent of the copyright holders.
Not sure about personal streaming channels...

~ Any form of advertising. You may post links to sites you like, just as long as you genuinely endorse it and don't post it multiple times.
Now THIS is what you're referring to, right? What does KMP usually link? The sites he likes. He doesn't advertise his own sites or anything, just fun stuff from his favorite ones that are relevant to our hobbies. If that's okay according to these rules, then why not here? It doesn't say "Doesn't apply on /AMP/ thread" or so!



Really, Youtube can have potentially illegal content as well. And streams are a grey area as well. It's a hard one really.

It wasn't the fact that it was done, its the fact that it was done so much to be too much. You don't seem to understand this. It was the volume at which it was done, not the fact that it was done.
It can seem like he treated this as his personal blog with the attitude he had and his reluctance to admit he was in the wrong.


If you don't like the rules as they are now. Talk to the mods, it's why they are there. Remember, they are people like us too. They get annoyed as much as anyone else.




33345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / your bedroom
Offline
Posted 2/6/13


just three corrections, one, pg13 is debatable. for example, the world is not enough had a sex scene that had a nipple slip, and it was pg. however, i'm going to be a bit harsher in my thoughts on this one. the way i see it, it's only r if it has nudity, graphic sex (nudity or otherwise) or a select few words that you really shouldn't use anyways.

two, linking sites is not chain letters, but including is not only. chainletters are not the only type of spam. for example, tripple posting, or even double posting. or posting a post with the same thing many many times, just to keep the page number rising. or posting something completely unrelated to the thread topic just to get attention. for example, posting a "what did you guys think of the last chuunibyou" in the vampire knight thread. it's off topic.

and three, the main problem wasn't that he was posting a few links that he likes. it's that he's posting hundreds of links, almost none with anything that can possibly be used for this thread. example, the one with the women with surgery for breast cancer. we can't use any of the pictures or even make a mot about it. and most of the times when a news story is posted has an accompanying image, it's just of somebody facepalming, and it's usually the same image. and it's done so much it's spam.

16569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / United Arab Emira...
Offline
Posted 2/6/13 , edited 2/6/13

Rocketman_Matt wrote:

If you don't like the rules as they are now. Talk to the mods, it's why they are there. Remember, they are people like us too. They get annoyed as much as anyone else.


Why not discuss it here in public so we can all read it instead of private mail?

Dear Moderators. As you can obviously see, we can't settle on a solid decision.

You say "Don't post links", but we want to.

You say "The /AMP/ rules says no linking allowed", but we say "The CR rules do say it's allowed up to a point".

So, all what I ask for is: Please let us share links. However, you may decide once and for all how will it be done. Once decided and both parties agree on them, then there's no excuse left. Once these new rules are broken, it won't be tolerable and that includes everybody here INCLUDING KMP.

So for now, this is what I suggest:
- Make it 1 link only per post, and that's it. No link walls, no multitude of links for different topics that have no relevant to each other, and no links in spoiler boxes.

- MOT Should be relevant to the link one way or another, and it must be a different MOT each time and not just an "Obligatory Link MOT" that get reposted over and over again.

- Must add header or a description for the link so you don't force users to click it only to get something not of their interest.

- Links can be for anything, but it's better if they are anime-related.

- Link discussions or comments should be in a spoiler box in case it wasn't anime-related.


If you want to add or change something, just type it. We're all reading it. You want /AMP/ to go back to the fun times? Be supportive and contribute your ideas so we can all be satisfied. Yes, even Pro-Linking are welcome to give their suggestions and see what can be done.




EDIT: It's past 12:00 here. Must go to bed
12003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/6/13
Magical Suite Prism Nana PV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeufC4AAga0
24076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Realm of Darkness
Online
Posted 2/6/13
the link argument is still going on? seriously?
a mod directly asked us to avoid posting links and now you're trying to find loopholes in the rulebook?
is it really that hard to shut up and do as you're told?

unrelated mot
596 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 2/6/13 , edited 2/6/13

SHINOBI-03 wrote:



Really?
Are you not having fun any more, since you can't post any links?

To me it seems that some people are acting like children who got their lolly taken away. Or an /AMP/er who got his loli taken away. Same difference.
I don't really like this new policy either. But it's not exactly destroying the purpose of this thread, or is it? So is it really a good idea to come running to the MODs, who installed this rule in the first place, to possibly annoy them even more?
Call me obedient or opportunistic but if I have the choice between risking /AMP/ by pissing off the MODs and just accepting the new rule for the time being, I choose the latter, thank you

Did I really just partake in this *...* agument...? Must be monday




Edit:
Really?
Taroni 
50123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / NS,Canada
Offline
Posted 2/6/13 , edited 2/6/13

KamenRiderPantsu wrote:

Magical Suite Prism Nana PV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeufC4AAga0




Not seeing Akiyuki Shinbo or Gen Urobuchi on this so hope people ain't expecting a Nanoha or a Madoka here, though with SHAFT and their mindfuck attempts we can only see...



lolicon-icon wrote:
pg13 movies have sex scenes with nipples


Wonder if that is just a Canadian standard. . .
Guardian of A/M/P
62708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 2/6/13 , edited 2/6/13

Holynight6 wrote:





On the sniper and multiple accounts comment- There are at least 400 people looking at each page each day. I know because I did the stats for it. I'm not going to say that I'm defending the snipers and multiple user accounts, but there's bound to be some overflow there somewhere. The mods has no time to be checking up on each and everyone of them; the only case would be of actual abuse like flaming, actual bully and not just some butt hurt feeling because someone did not like my post, sexual harassment, and other much serious charges. The "Report" button is there because the mods expect someone to use it, and that's actually their system of monitoring the threads. They scarcely look at forums in detail unless someone marks the posts, and they rely on the forum regulars who know the rules to tell them which one to take care of. I've looked into the averages of the mods, and actually only do the minimum because they too have lives. Again, you can't expect the mods to do something too time consuming as they are just there to scrape the icicles. Additionally, you can't really expect the "unknowns" to stop because they actually part of this thread in some way, and there is really no way of directly consulting with them with the exception that they are reading these posts.

Some of the mods actually have no way of looking into the IP address, and if they do, they need more of a probable cause to do something about it because in fear of their own "Privacy Policies". As mentioned before, it would actually need to be some kind of more a serious offense, and people actually reporting actual rule breaking isn't really putting the reporter in any kind of hot water with the mods, with the exceptiong that the mods just click "delete" on the post.

As for the "Flaming", I don't really see a sniper cussing someone out there. I don't know how that is relative, so that makes "Flamebaiting" out of the picture. It can probably be seen as "Trolling", but again, the people who seem to be reporting knows their crap that the mods actually play with them.

As for the "probationary" account, that would take time and money to change their system that they probably aren't going to spend on this system any time soon. It's not that it's not doable, but they put the rules and system there in good faith that they will be used in keeping the system they have. If they are going to do that, they should first put the "Term of Service" wall of text at the sign up sheet to make sure that everyone understand the provisions set upon this site; to why they don't it, well they probably did it so to not scare away customers. Alas, if you do look at the forum, some people don't know the rules and break them without knowing, and some people, anonymous or not, know the rules let's the mod know about them. It's not a perfect system, but it's a hell of a better than chaos that was happening years ago.

Lastly, this thread have been made an exception because of the all the crap in the past. For the meanwhile, we'll just have to go with IN THIS THREAD:


Rules of the thread:
7. No posting links or advertising


I know it sucks, but someone ruined it for everybody. The thing that you learn from the past thread is that when you start stating which rules we want to follow, well, you get a big mess like the last thread. I'm not talking about the thread being closed down or anything but it becoming a cess pool of doing what they want that derails the thread from the original intent. It become a place of thread ego, sour piss, and vinegar.

Adding this little comment here:


Something:


12003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/6/13





just helped my nephew with a few fraction problems...
I suck at math. Always have.
I'm surprised my brain was even able to recall info so quickly.
Taroni 
50123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / NS,Canada
Offline
Posted 2/6/13


Yen press calls them creampuffs, so I am going creampuffs,
Guardian of A/M/P
62708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 2/6/13

SHINOBI-03 wrote:




Can I go back to my old old /AMP/? The one where I can post pubes, double posts, and post more than three images at a time. Nope, I still can't. Either we deal with it and find something else or just go somewhere else do something there. Face it. Somebody ruined it for everyone, and now to minimalize somethings to keep things in somewhat of a happy medium for the users and mods, somethings have to be changed.

I can't obviously go back as fun as that was, but I'm learning to have fun here. Just because one thing is taken away doesn't automatically take away all the fun. It just means you have to find it somewhere else. The old thread self destructed because they thought that their fun was taken away. In some ways, their fun was taken away, but they didn't give finding something else as fun a chance in the first place.

I sometimes got grinded on some of the stuff that I post here; yes, even me, the one who knows the rules like the back of his hand, get these at time. Yeah, I do do get reported and PMed about my stuff because it's a bit too much and gets too offensive- racist and such. Though, I've complied to their requests and try to sway from those things. I'm not making a big case out of it because it's just one post, and there's a lot more post that I can make.

I remember when I posted a poster here with a character having band aid as a covering for their pubic area to test the waters of this thread when I got back. I got noted about it, so I editted and noted that I shouldn't do that again. That fun was taken away from me but I found something else to replace it.

Following the new rules is just returning the favor for everyone else on the thread.

Also, you're forgetting "No double posting" on that list. By the way, it's just two images only per post now strictly, spoilers included, now. They did update the forum rules a couple weeks back.




KamenRiderPantsu wrote:


Holynight6 wrote:




THANK YOU!!!
ThankYou!ThankYou!ThankYou!


Just because somebody agrees with you doesn't automatically mean things go back to the way things are before. It's just not fair for everyone. Deal with the change and just play nice with everyone.

Read my comment above.

Again, following the new rules is just returning the favor for everyone else on the thread.



TO EVERYONE WHO THINKS OTHERWISE-
There's no point in being a bunch of defiant users. It just brings bad blood to everyone else. Before you say something to me, please review the last 15-20 or so pages of the last thread and see what they accomplished with being a bunch whiny users who couldn't deal with it.
SPOILER ALERT: They didn't like change so they spammed to close down the thread for everyone accomplishing nothing, and /AMP/ and motivational poster threads were actually banned on the crunchyroll forum that the mods even made a special rule about it.

History repeats itself you know. It seems to be happening now. Sure it wouldn't mean the closure of this thread, but becoming a bunch of pissy natives isn't good either. It make this place a warzone like it is now and probably become will become uninhabitable because of all the bad blood. I've been in that stage of /AMP/, and it is no fun for everyone. If you need to take a break from this place to get over all that, then do so. I know I did at the past when I was all pissy and beligerent, and I did it because I don't want to snap at someone for the something random.

Now let's just stop this mess, deal with the change, and just keep motting and enjoying each others' company as the mods have originally intended. "SMILE_LAWL"




Something:
Taroni 
50123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / NS,Canada
Offline
Posted 2/6/13
First  Prev  10444  10445  10446  10447  10448  10449  10450  10451  10452  10453  10454  10455  10456  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.