First  Prev  11875  11876  11877  11878  11879  11880  11881  11882  11883  11884  11885  11886  11887  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime Motivational Posters (READ FIRST POST)
Posted 9/8/13
17979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Realm of Darkness
Online
Posted 9/8/13 , edited 9/8/13
13815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United Arab Emira...
Offline
Posted 9/8/13 , edited 9/8/13
SAO episode 24



Opinion added
20286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In your heart.
Offline
Posted 9/8/13
Woah, woah, woah.

This is bull. It was MEGUMI. She's fluffy as fuck.
How does that even go? Who votes at these things?
I am so gonna set an orphanage on fire.




13815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United Arab Emira...
Offline
Posted 9/8/13

And it's over......... So what do I think of an anime all I've heard about is being one of the worst ever? HATERS GONNA HATE! I enjoyed it. It's fairly good and watchable. It's not perfect, but it's not terrible either. I know there were some flaws (especially the rushed pacing at the beginning) but it got over it as time went on.

I also liked the second part more than the first. Mainly because I liked the setting more (despite not giving us an in-depth look as in SAO) and I liked how Kirito got something personal in it as opposed to an adventure to beat the game as soon as possible. I liked the random adventures and encounters in SAO, but I also liked having a set goal in AOL and just going there and not waste time on stat grinding.

Fight scenes were from okay to excellent. I liked the sword styles in SAO and liked the flying and magic in AOL.

Main and recurrent characters were cool and enjoyable, and I also liked the "one character per episode" style in early SAO and it gave more variety within the plot (even though most / all of them didn't do anything after their episodes)

Overall, I think this is an underrated series. As I said, there were some flaws in the structure and story telling, but it got better to me as it went on and I say give it a try and watch it. You might end up liking it as well.

8/10
17979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Realm of Darkness
Online
Posted 9/8/13
6235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 9/8/13 , edited 9/8/13

SHINOBI-03 wrote:
SAO


Underrated? The Show is/was hyped like fuck.

I always say about SAO "The show got many little logical failures and how much you like it depends on how much you miss or ignore these failures."
I think i rated it 6/10 in the end, because i can't ignore logical failures (and i don't want to). + I'm somebody that finds a whole lot more than the average viewer.

652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 9/8/13 , edited 9/8/13

SHINOBI-03 wrote:

Well, 8/10 is the best score you can reasonably give this one. Afterall the first half is actually good, despite its pacing. I personally can't say the same about the second cour and most people seem to agree it's bad. I laughed my ass off through the "final battle", I've seen better villains in Power Rangers. Other than that, the imouto romance was just silly. However, I simply adore Guilty Crown so I guess I'm no one to say you're wrong prefering the latter half.

Unrelated:


17979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Realm of Darkness
Online
Posted 9/8/13

Mauno wrote:

Other than that, the imouto romance was just silly.


Oh, you joker. For a moment I thought you were serious.

unrelated mot
Taroni 
48939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / NS,Canada
Offline
Posted 9/8/13
16564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Online
Posted 9/8/13




unrelated
17979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Realm of Darkness
Online
Posted 9/8/13
Posted 9/8/13

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


Touché.
6417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 9/8/13

SHINOBI-03 wrote:


Under-rated? What part of the internet were you residing in? SAO was one of the most hyped anime of 2012. Its novels sold 2 million copies in 2012 and it's become mainstream to the point where it is airing on Toonami and its Light Novel was licensed for distribution in English (something which is incredibly rare for light novels). If you consider this under-rated, then you need to get a dictionary and look that word up again. It is exactly the opposite of under-rated. It is possibly one of THE MOST over-rated series I have ever seen.

You're right that it's not the worst. It is in no way the best. However, upon a second look, I can say the following:
a) The characters are stale. Kirito, for example, is the equivalent of Jesus and is even more so perfectly attuned to that than [Destiny] Kira Yamato.
b) The story is all over the place. I have no problem with the one character per episode style. However, the sense of urgency is barely transient in both the SAO and ALO arcs.

While I in no way hate it, I can definitely say that it does not deserve the hype it gets.
---------------
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/8/13 , edited 9/8/13


Stay with 2D, it's much better >_>
First  Prev  11875  11876  11877  11878  11879  11880  11881  11882  11883  11884  11885  11886  11887  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.