Remove this ad
First  Prev  9118  9119  9120  9121  9122  9123  9124  9125  9126  9127  9128  9129  9130  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime Motivational Posters (READ FIRST POST)
Posted 10/1/12 , edited 10/1/12
There. I've set my account amd e-mail that it won't get message beeps when I get a notification or messaged here. It's not that I don't like being quoted, but it's that when you're too used to keeping your contact info to yourself and a few individuals, you don't really anticipate nor are used to getting random phone notifications at random times. Plus I want to keep my e-mail spam free from crunchyroll announcements.

Since I'm here, I guess that I might as well.



Well certainly the genie is more out of the bottle now. Added in with the MODs actions and now that users are voicing out their opinions without it being shot down so quickly by some make shift refutation, the issue is/was certainly present and now being resolved by the community. The propositions presented by the users on this issues aren't really that unreasonable and now is being facilitated to a more agreeable sense rather than anybody else getting personally burned in the process. This was similar actions as when there was that issue with the episodes being spoiled (Thank you guys for that by the way). The community agreed to some consensual contract not to spoil newer shows because it felts too much of a dick move, and now something is being formed for this issue.

I will agree with you that there is some place for those things, youtube links, ponies, politics, etc., here, but there are other places for that as well and are more tailored to such subjects. It isn't so much that fact that it isn't cool and all, but I thought that a good part of this thread is to try to get your, emphasis on the "your" part, commentary on the Anime shows, culture, and fandom that we all love so much and how some how we can relate that to the others that enjoy similar things. And maybe, just maybe, try to be funny about it.

Again I will say.

I have no problems with ponies and Anime unrelated stuff occasionally, but for the love of /AMP/, take it to another thread if you're going to be pushing it like that in the daily basis.

And from what I've seen from the other users' comments and propositions, there's some pretty good middle ground that can be approached with this matter with such sentiments.

I appreciate the talk, but the rest of matter will now be decided on how the approach is going to be by the other users who are the regulars of this thread and how such problem issues, past and future and maybe present, are going to be kept in check.

I might sound serious, but I do have a fun side as well. But alas, that fun side is very seldom, so that's why I like how some of you guys are really goofy here.



Edit- This will be my last thing about this as I'll leave the solution and issue to the rest of /AMP/, where I think could be better handled with those with more experience now that the subject has now been pried opened.

And for those wondering why I didn't answer MrKaizer's inquiry, it's because I messaged him through the private mail. It's because I didn't want to post without a mot and be obtrusive with the commentary without the mot.
19788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In your heart.
Online
Posted 10/1/12 , edited 10/1/12

lolicon-icon wrote:


i don't think he'd be radiation proof. he's been shown to die quite easily, and he never bothers to dodge. anything at all. he just comes back a few seconds later.

also, as you said, he can move to another place, but it's never far, only a few feet at most, and utsuho's attack has a MASSIVE aoe, so... yeah.
alucard would be in a constant state of dying, unable to move at high speeds.

the blue circle is about the size of a person, likely shorter than alucard. (making him a bigger target.)



just my theory

I don't think Alucard's hardiness can be simply enveloped like that. Alucard uses human souls as his extra lives rather than simply their human bodies so I don't think that his own body has a human's weaknesses(therefore the question is is a Vampire radiation proof?).

Then there's the question of his regenerative powers, is this just Aikawa-Ayumu-Chop-Me-In-Half regeneration or somewhere like the Nothing-Can-Hurt-Purple-Pants-Hulk regeneration, where his cells actually adapt to Cell changes due to radiation.

Also, mind you that he can metamorph into an array of things, for example that mass of darkness everytime he releases Restriction Lock 1, I don't really know the physics of that but I'm pretty sure you can't hurt shadows, but I do believe that holy weapons like silver bullets and scriptures can damage him in this form though I highly doubt a Hell Raven uses a Blessed Boom Stick. On the other hand ooku is no where as tanky as the Big V.T.D., heck even humans with a few powers could stop her.


I'm no expert at this. If it were up to mois? Put them both in a confined restroom, whoever comes out last wins.


My 2 internets.



12003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/12


^^^^
I'll be honest guys, that is how I feel right now....
So I think I'm just going to back out for now, since I seem to bug some of you with how I do my business and their irritation has gotten to the point where they have to make a scene about it....

....and to think I thought I would have SOME people on my side, but everyone seems to be in favor of the new guy.....

so...see ya later.


and to you, abrir, I hope you are happy now. You have chased me for one of my few happy activities. So be happy, you won't have to deal with my "youtube cum dumps" for a good long while.
Posted 10/1/12

KamenRiderPantsu wrote:



^^^^
I'll be honest guys, that is how I feel right now....
So I think I'm just going to back out for now, since I seem to bug some of you with how I do my business and their irritation has gotten to the point where they have to make a scene about it....

....and to think I thought I would have SOME people on my side, but everyone seems to be in favor of the new guy.....

so...see ya later.


and to you, abrir, I hope you are happy now. You have chased me for one of my few happy activities. So be happy, you won't have to deal with my "youtube cum dumps" for a good long while.


Just because of that? Are you serious? I think that people like you more than you say, but I bet they have a place for you. You're here longer and should have some kind of respect from your peers. I'm just a person that's passing over. I'm just saying this because it isn't really right in the contrast of the provisions set upon this thread.

I have no personal vendetta against you nor should you think that I'm taking your place because of those. But from what I read, these users like you, just not some of the overly unrelated posts at times. I'm just helping them voice it out.

Don't feel bad just because you think you got punked by someone just like that.

If you really put your identity to this thread just because the youtube links and unrelated posts, then you really should rethink about your place on this thread. I believe that you are more than that. I think that you have a sense of commentary on Anime. I just don't think that you should solely rely on a gimmick like that to try to stand out. I think that you should try to stand out mostly on your work and your opinions.

I didn't set out to personally delve you out of the thread. I'm just saying something that you should rethink on how you post for everyone like what I said in my post. I even said that it was okay to post links and ponies and other stuff like that as long as it is balanced out. I might been a bit harsh into this approach, and I make no apologize for that. But, I did say things that are in favor of you, but it seems that it got drowned because you were too focused in with the stuff that isn't what you want to hear.

Do what you want. It's your internet life. But don't just quit something you like. But remember, you have to play with others, so have bit more care with those links, ponies, and unrelated Anime stuff.




Boy. These are kind of addicting in making. I think this is what you guys call fun.
10508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Moon´s navel
Offline
Posted 10/1/12 , edited 10/1/12

KamenRiderPantsu wrote:



^^^^
I'll be honest guys, that is how I feel right now....
So I think I'm just going to back out for now, since I seem to bug some of you with how I do my business and their irritation has gotten to the point where they have to make a scene about it....

....and to think I thought I would have SOME people on my side, but everyone seems to be in favor of the new guy.....

so...see ya later.


and to you, abrir, I hope you are happy now. You have chased me for one of my few happy activities. So be happy, you won't have to deal with my "youtube cum dumps" for a good long while.

now, don't be sore, sugercube.
Look, I like the new guy, he seems like a really interesting person, but I think everyone overreacted over some minor stuff.

I don't have time to watch anime or play games anymore, the only thing I've watched in the last 2 seasons has been SAO, so does anyone actually recall me talking anything about anime? (SAO is awesome, BTW.)

You see, this forum is the only thing I allow myself for leisure, I look over the pages while chatting with other friends, and stuff. I look at some of your videos, and you provide good news on MLP I wouldn't get otherwise.
I think all the fuss is about you not posting mots, so as I see it, everything would be ok as long as you post an anime mot at the end of (most of) your posts. It's not that they sided with the new guy, it's that he had a valid point in that this is supposed to be about anime motivational posters. I don't really care, but I can see why some people might.

anyway, chill, man. Don't take it to heart. Just take the advice, and keep doing what you were doing only with mots. maybe put up a spoiler like this:

STUFF:


and there you go, whoever wants to open it does or whatever.
I don't think even remotely similar to how most people here do, but I think that's how things would roll smoothly.

Nobody's banishing you or anything. I think what they did is the equivalent of a football team telling their forwarder to pass the ball more.

abrir: You look like an interesting dude, you should hang out here a bit more.


now sleep. Need to be up in 4 hours

6407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 10/1/12

Megaflaem wrote:


Okay, maybe younger senpai sounds weird, but older kouhai I'm perfectly fine with. So, hi again!
Also, I see. You should submit your application soon then.



Well, at least older Kouhai has a weird but interesting ring to it.
Well, I know I said I was not exactly stressing over it and the application, but now is a better time than later to start, so I shall....this weekend. When I am playing Pokemon White 2 after buying it and have the time to do some decent work. For now, watch the Colbert Report and laugh my ass off.

Unrelated:
Posted 10/1/12
Things are getting angsty so lets just listen to some soothing anime-related music:

http://youtu.be/K-XOtqjqHio



959 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Salemburg, Aincrad
Offline
Posted 10/1/12

KamenRiderPantsu wrote:





I've been gone for a couple days and missed probably most, if not all, of what has been happening, but isn't there a way we can reach some level of agreement that we won't have to "pick sides"? AMP is supposed to be a place where we can share different aspects of the genre(s) we all, or personally, enjoy. No matter who's at fault or in the right, can't we all just let bygones be bygones?

KRP, I know you are a pretty cool dude. So when I say I'm not taking any sides, I also mean I'm not against you either. I will be the first to admit that 90% of the links you post don't really apply to me or my interests, but there have been quite a few links you provided that I genuinely enjoyed and appreciated and I'm sure the same applies to others as well. However, if there are at least multiple users finding the links/multiquotes to be irritating and unnecessarily packed (due to few people using the links at all), I can't actively defend your case when I, myself, don't use many of those links. I personally am not irritated by the links. Maybe whenever ANY USER decides to dedicate a single post to 10+ quote replies, but not your links. Again, you DO share some interesting things that I and some of my non-AMP friends appreciate, but if the way and amount of links is frustrating (for reasonable cases, not from irrational trolls), then maybe there's a way you can post links that won't make it seem like a "dump". Maybe you can reduce the links so it would only be subjects AMP will really like to see and/or probably haven't heard of yet and, in the case of new stuff you want to introduce, only show a little bit and don't post constantly updated information unless it's either REALLY important or requested by the users.

These are just some suggestions. I'm not telling you how to do things. I just don't want any long-time and well-intended member(s) of AMP to think they are not welcome or can't express their interests.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I'm off again. Got an acting skit to practice AND a huge theology exam coming up so I'll probably be restricted to lurking AT BEST. I'll be back on the weekend!

Here's a Kyonko raw I found:
14415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Unadministered Pl...
Offline
Posted 10/1/12
26534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / your bedroom
Offline
Posted 10/1/12


the dawn is awesome. lolicard just cracks me up.

it all depends on how alucards powers work.
if his regeneration allowed him to respawn elsewhere, alucard would win. i've just never seen him respawn more than his body's distance away. (excluding the first anime series, i'm going by manga, here, hope you were too.)




it's all how he regenerates. it never clearly explains how he does it, just that he uses human lives. he says that he has as many lives as he has taken, which i took to imply that he has a mortal body, just with a shit-tonne of 1ups. as far as being stopped by humans, alucard said the same thing about himself. it takes a man to kill a monster. i took this to mean one who does something for themselves, rather than a dog who does it because they were told or a monster who does it for shits and giggles. okuu doesn't blindly follow orders. she's easily tricked, but she doesn't do what others tell her simply to obey, she does it because she thinks it's a good idea. in other words, her simple mind is a good thing when up against big red.

for the darkness bit, what happens if you shine a flashlight on a shadow? it disappears. okuu has a HUGE fucking flashlight. (not recommended for use as a flesh light)

and for the battle, that's awesome.





RPGaholic wrote:


lolicon-icon wrote:

super human samurai cyber squad.


Ahem... Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad. The lead was one of the Lawrence brothers. The one guy turned out to be an alien, and was replaced by a surfer dude. One episode had some pseudo-basketball star pilot because the virus was locking out the arena or something.

It was one of my guilty pleasures.


i dont remember much about it, but the action figures kicked ass.
i remember the basketball one, as well. don't remember anything about no surfer, though. i was quite young. (six years old)

12003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/12

abrir wrote:


for someone how claims to have no issue with me then why do I have for notifications in a row from you from around the same time, and why did you bother to get a handful of my posts deleted for such small reasons?

and my links and such aren't my "gimmick". I'm not a pro-wrestler of something. I just post things to share and wait and see if anything sticks. like how my posts of Ponies and Doctor Who got two people interested in those shows.

yes I'll admit some of my link lists are rather long, but that's usually because I amass a stockpile of tabs. So to cut back on the amount of tabs sometimes I toss the link onto the comments here and keep looking at each link before I post it, and I end up forgetting to break up my lists and spreading them out over a couple posts.

as for lack of MOTS, to quote Cartoon Link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM


I usually have things I want to share (such as my links) or I have a question to ask as a group, but I don't always have a new mot to stick on my post, and I can't always think of something, whether it relates to the rest of the post or not. So, sense A image is better then NO image, I just slap an image to it and call it a post.

now as for what is really getting under my skin, how you chose to arrive on the scene.
You could of been like most of us, and just gave us a nice "Hello, I'm new here and I look to having fun with you all."
But NO! YOU CHOSE to make come in and first thing you do is take verbal issue with how I have done MY posts, and even bothered to get a MOD to delete them! Why? Because they bugged you and you wanted to make a point?
And what's more, as they have already said themselves, Zwolf and I already had a similar argument not to long ago. So you just suddenly showing up and doing what you did, you more or less just furthered a past issue and poked at still fresh wounds.
Now I was willing to just let it slide and go about my business as usual, but your talk ended up convincing a few people to your point, and I thus felt alienated and passed over by people I called "friends" and comrades not to long ago! Heck, me an Semajj were even in a few pics together thanks to our shared friend Taroni.

So ya, you've irritated me big time. And since I have almost pretty much no one backing me in this issue, it's my loss. I lose! Happiness gone. Why stick around when chances are the same issue will come up again?





JDRV wrote:






why you gotta talk ta me like AJ? now I can't be mad.




darthfrodo7 wrote:



I TRY not be be "excessive" but sometimes it just happens
Posted 10/1/12
This was a fun day and playing with you guys, but alas, I think I'll be making myself scarce for the most part. If I maybe shift my schedule around, I might be able to make some mots and interact. Though, today was just a fluke and is not likely to happen in a while. Again, I want to thank you guys for the company and for the fun time.

It seems that these are popular with the bed time, so I guess I'll make one just because.


Just in case someone asks or something unlikely to happen, that's Mukurou from Katekyo Hitman REBORN!
26534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / your bedroom
Offline
Posted 10/1/12 , edited 10/1/12





for the record, i'm not taking any particular side to this. i'm on my own side.
my take on this whole fiasco.

now, don't get me wrong, i like MLP and doctor who, and i don't mind your link dumps, as the others have said, there are solutions to the issue, and simple ones at that. i would like to see more mots from you, though. what bothered me was that one remark for some reason, sorry if i overreacted, but it kinda bugged me, as i've seen numerous people do that and the only person you've said that to in recent pages was semajj.



the reason i like abrir is because he says what's on his mind and doesn't give a fuck what others think of it. i see that as manly. he seems interesting and he's got some fire in him.

also, he backs what he says and stands by it, without being a fucktard about it like a certain asshole who doesn't belong on this thread, and i won't name any names because you all know who i mean, who posts bastardizations of other peoples ideas and follows it up with bad insults and excuses. (just so you're aware, it's not krp, who i don't mind)



unrelated
26385 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / ! / Betelgeuse Seven
Offline
Posted 10/1/12

Touhou



Also i was viciously attacked by a cat this morning. It somehow got into my room and sat on me.
26534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / your bedroom
Offline
Posted 10/1/12

Rocketman_Matt wrote:


Also i was viciously attacked by a cat this morning. It somehow got into my room and sat on me.


First  Prev  9118  9119  9120  9121  9122  9123  9124  9125  9126  9127  9128  9129  9130  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.