First  Prev  9453  9454  9455  9456  9457  9458  9459  9460  9461  9462  9463  9464  9465  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime Motivational Posters (READ FIRST POST)
6423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 11/4/12 , edited 11/4/12


Question:
How exactly is Nanoha an allegory to the pride before the fall? Wouldn't Light Yagami be a better representation?
The 16th Arcana is the Tower, which represents "an overly arrogant, prejudiced and authoritarian organization". Or...is it meant to have the generic representation of doom in this case?
I mean, this one was the first one I noticed since Nanoha stuck out to me like a sore thumb to me.

Unrelated
80607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / somewhere in cybe...
Offline
Posted 11/4/12 , edited 11/4/12
Its Finally Here!

and i'm talking about chapter 2. for those who don't know what i'm talking about, i'm referring to this: http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/321agemo/pages/Chapter1



Chapter 2 - Connection





Personal Note: sorry that i couldn't fit in KRP, Semajj and Taroni in the original storyline, i just couldn't find a way to fit them in. though they might get mentioned in chapter 3. originally, i was going to do another competition in which the storyline where it had to do with bunday and caturday again, but inspiration lost me. in the end, i used the competitors of this contest to establish more cast. anyway, i'll probably end up having an origins explanation chapter soon, to explain some major events and stuff, but for now that's all.

anyway, thats one of three task done. next is this:



a mini halloween collage to the people who participated in my challage. it also includes me and Acidk since we "kind of" submitted one (albeit an instant forfeit).


and finally, the winners:

To be honest, Smaragdos won me already with that design but for the sake of neutrality (and i said i would mainly judge on the summary) here's who won:

In 1st place: Smaragdos (Great Design, good summary that goes well with the halloween theme)

and in 2nd place: oish2011(Anything cute and deadly goes well with me XD )

EDIT:so congrats to these two. however, it seems oish2011 already has full premium so..... guess that does to third place, Superaesing
21194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In your heart.
Offline
Posted 11/4/12 , edited 11/4/12

hiss13 wrote:



Question:
How exactly is Nanoha an allegory to the pride before the fall? Wouldn't Light Yagami be a better representation?
The 16th Arcana is the Tower, which represents "an overly arrogant, prejudiced and authoritarian organization". Or...is it meant to have the generic representation of doom in this case?
I mean, this one was the first one I noticed since Nanoha stuck out to me like a sore thumb.


I leaned towards Nanoha's White Devil nature on this. Crash, Burst, Chaos, Destruction are some of the key words I liked...Though the arcana doesn't really represent her personality, I think it's good enough to define her Means-to-an-end, listen-or-be-shot, destructive nature. And it does have the representation of looming doom, well because, who wants to see the white devil hovering around your house.

Besides, an upside-down tower may mean "To be destructive for something good" or something like that. That's just how I read it though(Bear to mind, I am not a very good tarot reader).(--,)

Unrelated:
80607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / somewhere in cybe...
Offline
Posted 11/4/12
6423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 11/4/12 , edited 11/4/12

smaragdos wrote:


I leaned towards Nanoha's White Devil nature on this. Crash, Burst, Chaos, Destruction are some of the key words I liked...Though the arcana doesn't really represent her personality, I think it's good enough to define her Means-to-an-end, listen-or-be-shot, destructive nature. And it does have the representation of looming doom, well because, who wants to see the white devil hovering around your house.

Besides, an upside-down tower may mean "To be destructive for something good" or something like that. That's just how I read it though(Bear to mind, I am not a very good tarot reader).(--,)


Point taken. I'm not exactly all to knowledgable about each Arcana and what they represent so I had to look that up. So, I'm not sure what they mean when they are read upside down.
Oh well.

Unrelated:
21194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In your heart.
Offline
Posted 11/4/12 , edited 11/4/12

321agemo wrote:

Its Finally Here!

and i'm talking about chapter 2. for those who don't know what i'm talking about, i'm referring to this: http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/321agemo/pages/Chapter1



Chapter 2 - Connection





Personal Note: sorry that i couldn't fit in KRP, Semajj and Taroni in the original storyline, i just couldn't find a way to fit them in. though they might get mentioned in chapter 3. originally, i was going to do another competition in which the storyline where it had to do with bunday and caturday again, but inspiration lost me. in the end, i used the competitors of this contest to establish more cast. anyway, i'll probably end up having an origins explanation chapter soon, to explain some major events and stuff, but for now that's all.

anyway, thats one of three task done. next is this:



a mini halloween collage to the people who participated in my challage. it also includes me and Acidk since we "kind of" submitted one (albeit an instant forfeit).


and finally, the winners:

To be honest, Smaragdos won me already with that design but for the sake of neutrality (and i said i would mainly judge on the summary) here's who won:

In 1st place: Smaragdos (Great Design, good summary that goes well with the halloween theme)

and in 2nd place: oish2011(Anything cute and deadly goes well with me XD )

EDIT:so congrats to these two. however, it seems oish2011 already has full premium so..... guess that does to third place, Superaesing


Wheeeew. I get to have a star!
Woah, what are these /AMP/ stories? 1st that I have known of them... Maybe I'll do art based on them some time. >=D

Unrltd:

Posted 11/4/12


21198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Realm of Darkness
Online
Posted 11/4/12


who's the one the Death card?

unrelated mot



21194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In your heart.
Offline
Posted 11/4/12

Xylrot wrote:



who's the one the Death card?




Enma Ai AKA Hell Girl AKA Jigoku Shoujo.


Guardian of A/M/P
58746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 11/4/12

321agemo wrote:

[STORY]




smaragdos wrote:

Woah, what are these /AMP/ stories? 1st that I have known of them... Maybe I'll do art based on them some time. >=D





I guess that I and my antics over the last 9000 pages are just that overpowered to make anything interesting to add to that tapestry.



Anywho:
21198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Realm of Darkness
Online
Posted 11/4/12

smaragdos wrote:


Xylrot wrote:



who's the one the Death card?


Enma Ai AKA Hell Girl AKA Jigoku Shoujo.


now that you say it, with the black kimono and that flower it was pretty ovious
maybe I should rewatch it

unrelated mot
Posted 11/4/12
6399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/4/12
Posted 11/4/12
Taroni 
49589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / NS,Canada
Offline
Posted 11/4/12 , edited 11/4/12

zendude wrote:


321agemo wrote:

[STORY]




smaragdos wrote:

Woah, what are these /AMP/ stories? 1st that I have known of them... Maybe I'll do art based on them some time. >=D





I guess that I and my antics over the last 9000 pages are just that overpowered to make anything interesting to add to that tapestry.




I believe it's cause your the Great Old God of /AMP/ and using your name in a story may end in some sort of End of The World Blasphemy



Also a belated birthday to the Great God Mod, ATHL (Sorry working nightshift weekend tend to skip some pages.)
First  Prev  9453  9454  9455  9456  9457  9458  9459  9460  9461  9462  9463  9464  9465  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.