First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Straight Edge
43 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 7/19/10
That sounds horrible, I've never had any respect for drink drivers.

I have a friend who was straight edge, I think it's great, but he's a hypocrite in the sense that he says he's "healthier" and it's "a better lifestyle", yet he drinks 2 or 4 very strong energy drinks a day and eats so many sweets and fatty foods that he'll have palputations or diabetes.

I don't understand why there's a name for it, though, "straight edge", it's normal to not drink or take drugs/smoke, but those people don't refer to themselves as straight edge. My mother, for one. She's 58, I think... Would be wrong to introduce her to someone as, "straight edge" xD

I have respect for you for being so considerate, stay in good health =)
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/10

Tetsuo wrote:


makix wrote:

Being a straight edge just means you have no discipline to control your behavior while under the influence. What the hell are you teenagers(14-18) doing anyways drinking when you barely know how to drive?

Jesus fucking christ, I have no pity for you guys. Only hate.


I'm 21 and most people posting are from 16 - 18. In my country at 16 you can buy an alcoholic beverage at a restaurant and can purchase it from a store at 18 so no I disagree everyone posting should have the right to drink its just The United States is very strict about it. Secondly straight edge doesn't mean you don't have the ability to control it is a lifestyle choice. I personally do not have the ability to control my drinking because of my genetics. I realized that so that also influenced my decision to be straight edge. Don't judge when you clearly don't know anything you are talking about since you made a very poor opinion based off of no facts at all. You just assumed everyone here was from AMERICA and that everyone's drinking age was 21.


Failed assumption is fail.

Nowhere in my post did I mention anything about 21 drinking age. I merely mentioned that 14-18 year olds are stupid in responsibilities and don't even know how to properly drive while sober.

1560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Netherlands
Offline
Posted 7/19/10

makix wrote:


Tetsuo wrote:


makix wrote:

Being a straight edge just means you have no discipline to control your behavior while under the influence. What the hell are you teenagers(14-18) doing anyways drinking when you barely know how to drive?

Jesus fucking christ, I have no pity for you guys. Only hate.


I'm 21 and most people posting are from 16 - 18. In my country at 16 you can buy an alcoholic beverage at a restaurant and can purchase it from a store at 18 so no I disagree everyone posting should have the right to drink its just The United States is very strict about it. Secondly straight edge doesn't mean you don't have the ability to control it is a lifestyle choice. I personally do not have the ability to control my drinking because of my genetics. I realized that so that also influenced my decision to be straight edge. Don't judge when you clearly don't know anything you are talking about since you made a very poor opinion based off of no facts at all. You just assumed everyone here was from AMERICA and that everyone's drinking age was 21.


Failed assumption is fail.

Nowhere in my post did I mention anything about 21 drinking age. I merely mentioned that 14-18 year olds are stupid in responsibilities and don't even know how to properly drive while sober.



You didn't merely mention anything, you said "What the hell are you teenagers (14-18) doing anyways drinking when you barely know how to drive?" In the Netherlands you have to be 18 to drive so your accusation that we are too young drinking and driving is irrelevant. So again you assumed everyone is from America where you can start driving as young as 15. Also go back to 4chan if you are going to use your shitty memes newfag/summerfag.
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/10

Tetsuo wrote:


makix wrote:


Tetsuo wrote:


makix wrote:

Being a straight edge just means you have no discipline to control your behavior while under the influence. What the hell are you teenagers(14-18) doing anyways drinking when you barely know how to drive?

Jesus fucking christ, I have no pity for you guys. Only hate.


I'm 21 and most people posting are from 16 - 18. In my country at 16 you can buy an alcoholic beverage at a restaurant and can purchase it from a store at 18 so no I disagree everyone posting should have the right to drink its just The United States is very strict about it. Secondly straight edge doesn't mean you don't have the ability to control it is a lifestyle choice. I personally do not have the ability to control my drinking because of my genetics. I realized that so that also influenced my decision to be straight edge. Don't judge when you clearly don't know anything you are talking about since you made a very poor opinion based off of no facts at all. You just assumed everyone here was from AMERICA and that everyone's drinking age was 21.


Failed assumption is fail.

Nowhere in my post did I mention anything about 21 drinking age. I merely mentioned that 14-18 year olds are stupid in responsibilities and don't even know how to properly drive while sober.



You didn't merely mention anything, you said "What the hell are you teenagers (14-18) doing anyways drinking when you barely know how to drive?" In the Netherlands you have to be 18 to drive so your accusation that we are too young drinking and driving is irrelevant. So again you assumed everyone is from America where you can start driving as young as 15. Also go back to 4chan if you are going to use your shitty memes newfag/summerfag.


umadbro?

Lol so your friend who just turned 18 and just learned to drive decided to drink while under the influence? Man your friends are dumber than I thought. Lol at wheelchair.
1560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Netherlands
Offline
Posted 7/19/10

makix wrote:


Tetsuo wrote:


makix wrote:


Tetsuo wrote:


makix wrote:

Being a straight edge just means you have no discipline to control your behavior while under the influence. What the hell are you teenagers(14-18) doing anyways drinking when you barely know how to drive?

Jesus fucking christ, I have no pity for you guys. Only hate.


I'm 21 and most people posting are from 16 - 18. In my country at 16 you can buy an alcoholic beverage at a restaurant and can purchase it from a store at 18 so no I disagree everyone posting should have the right to drink its just The United States is very strict about it. Secondly straight edge doesn't mean you don't have the ability to control it is a lifestyle choice. I personally do not have the ability to control my drinking because of my genetics. I realized that so that also influenced my decision to be straight edge. Don't judge when you clearly don't know anything you are talking about since you made a very poor opinion based off of no facts at all. You just assumed everyone here was from AMERICA and that everyone's drinking age was 21.


Failed assumption is fail.

Nowhere in my post did I mention anything about 21 drinking age. I merely mentioned that 14-18 year olds are stupid in responsibilities and don't even know how to properly drive while sober.



You didn't merely mention anything, you said "What the hell are you teenagers (14-18) doing anyways drinking when you barely know how to drive?" In the Netherlands you have to be 18 to drive so your accusation that we are too young drinking and driving is irrelevant. So again you assumed everyone is from America where you can start driving as young as 15. Also go back to 4chan if you are going to use your shitty memes newfag/summerfag.


umadbro?

Lol so your friend who just turned 18 and just learned to drive decided to drink while under the influence? Man your friends are dumber than I thought. Lol at wheelchair.


Your saying umadbro after you said "Jesus fucking christ, I have no pity for you guys" and bashing my friend for not having proper drunk driving techniques mastered, are you butt hurt or is your period in full swing? First off this was almost 7 years ago, second yeah he is dumb always has been, third he had driven drunk before, fourth it was raining that night which is why he lost control of the vehicle when he swerved, fifth I know it is funny he is in a wheelchair considering he plays wheelchair basketball now. And finally you suck at trolling go back to 4chan.
Posted 7/19/10
I think you should do moar coke.
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/10

Tetsuo wrote:


makix wrote:


Tetsuo wrote:


makix wrote:


Tetsuo wrote:


makix wrote:

Being a straight edge just means you have no discipline to control your behavior while under the influence. What the hell are you teenagers(14-18) doing anyways drinking when you barely know how to drive?

Jesus fucking christ, I have no pity for you guys. Only hate.


I'm 21 and most people posting are from 16 - 18. In my country at 16 you can buy an alcoholic beverage at a restaurant and can purchase it from a store at 18 so no I disagree everyone posting should have the right to drink its just The United States is very strict about it. Secondly straight edge doesn't mean you don't have the ability to control it is a lifestyle choice. I personally do not have the ability to control my drinking because of my genetics. I realized that so that also influenced my decision to be straight edge. Don't judge when you clearly don't know anything you are talking about since you made a very poor opinion based off of no facts at all. You just assumed everyone here was from AMERICA and that everyone's drinking age was 21.


Failed assumption is fail.

Nowhere in my post did I mention anything about 21 drinking age. I merely mentioned that 14-18 year olds are stupid in responsibilities and don't even know how to properly drive while sober.



You didn't merely mention anything, you said "What the hell are you teenagers (14-18) doing anyways drinking when you barely know how to drive?" In the Netherlands you have to be 18 to drive so your accusation that we are too young drinking and driving is irrelevant. So again you assumed everyone is from America where you can start driving as young as 15. Also go back to 4chan if you are going to use your shitty memes newfag/summerfag.


umadbro?

Lol so your friend who just turned 18 and just learned to drive decided to drink while under the influence? Man your friends are dumber than I thought. Lol at wheelchair.


Your saying umadbro after you said "Jesus fucking christ, I have no pity for you guys" and bashing my friend for not having proper drunk driving techniques mastered, are you butt hurt or is your period in full swing? First off this was almost 7 years ago, second yeah he is dumb always has been, third he had driven drunk before, fourth it was raining that night which is why he lost control of the vehicle when he swerved, fifth I know it is funny he is in a wheelchair considering he plays wheelchair basketball now. And finally you suck at trolling go back to 4chan.


yeah, u mad
2170 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / hell
Offline
Posted 7/20/10
yup, i get high off of life. hahahaha jk that was cheesy. i dont do drugs but i drink a little alcolhol every now and then. i prefer wine though
13799 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / That place
Offline
Posted 7/20/10 , edited 7/20/10
Driving drunk is always stupid... pretty stupid for people saying giving up alcohol as a consequence of trauma is stupid. That's an informed choice, not irreversible like dying in a car crash... As for me I smoke and drink, but it would never cross my mind to drive drunk.
5180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 7/20/10

Umm...maybe I can clarify a bit of what he said.

The 14-18 thing refers to your first post(you being 14 and your buddies being 18), not to the people that have posted on this thread.

And the whole "What the hell are you teenagers(14-18) doing anyways drinking when you barely know how to drive?"
That most likely refers to since they were only 18 at the time they didn't have that much real life experience driving a car and when I say experience I mean like 5+ years at it, which if you do get a license at 18 means they really didn't have experience at driving, let alone driving under bad conditions.

Anywho, I am straight edge pretty much always have been. My friends bugged the hell out of me to drink on my 21st bday(I'm in the US) and I nearly gagged on it, I can't stand the taste of alcohol way too bitter. And in regards to drugs...they just never interested me, seemed like too big of a waste of money for an experience that chances are I wouldn't even remember.
64879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / broadcasting from...
Offline
Posted 7/20/10
i smoke pot habitually and i drink for recreation. its all about control if you are doing any thing and you lose control of it then it becomes a problem and people get hurt and the goes for eating, gambling, anything when i drink i drink around people i can trust nobody drives without convincing everybody that they are sober nobody leaves the house unless in a group and nobody is allowed to overdo it to the point of hospitalization (theres never enough booze for that any way) almost none of my friends smoke pot besides me i dont do any other drugs and i cant stand the people who do because they tend to have no control
36018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Pluto
Offline
Posted 7/20/10
i think i'll be :0 i don;t drink (mostly cuz i can't stand the smell to try it)
6499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 7/20/10
i'm pretty much straight edge, i don't drink (don't like the taste), don't smoke, don't do anything that harms my body.
i'm not hardcore like trying to avoid caffeine. but i do drink as little caffeine as possible lol
Ghost
AHTL 
91564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 7/20/10
No, I am not straight edge. However, I do not drink myself stupid and lose control. Getting drunk and driving is beyond moronic, it is suicidal.

That is my harsh thoughts about it.
1350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / nowhere
Offline
Posted 7/20/10
I have been straight edge all my life.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.