First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
the facts "truth" about how to read the Qur'an and how it is different than other religious text.
Posted 7/31/10

maffoo wrote:



I'm not sure if it will go as far as killing Muslims, but there does seem to be a growing anti-Islamic sentiment in Europe. France is looking at banning the veil, I gather that the Dutch are concerned about Islam, and there are fairly regular flare-ups in the UK about "hate preachers", the veil, Sharia law etc. Here in the UK the debates tend to be shut down as "Islamophobic" but the tensions are simmering away, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were a backlash .

Here in Canada, the radical Islamic expressions and behaviors are being treaded legally as either "hate crime" or "honor killing" by the Canadian legislation respectively. So we're sending a message and setting an example that uncivilized discrimination is not welcomed here.
Posted 7/31/10
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/29/florida.burn.quran.day/index.html?hpt=Sbin
well here in America were going to burn Muslim text, oh it makes me so proud i knowing that were going to piss off about 1.5 billion people. Sorry for the sarcasm but we might as well through a few bibles on that pile as well.
Posted 7/31/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/29/florida.burn.quran.day/index.html?hpt=Sbin
well here in America were going to burn Muslim text, oh it makes me so proud i knowing that were going to piss off about 1.5 billion people. Sorry for the sarcasm but we might as well through a few bibles on that pile as well.
And that guy was allowed to lead a congregation, why? He's behaving like he's reviving the KKK for goodness sake.
Posted 7/31/10

DomFortress wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/29/florida.burn.quran.day/index.html?hpt=Sbin
well here in America were going to burn Muslim text, oh it makes me so proud i knowing that were going to piss off about 1.5 billion people. Sorry for the sarcasm but we might as well through a few bibles on that pile as well.
And that guy was allowed to lead a congregation, why? He's behaving like he's reviving the KKK for goodness sake.


to put it simply "we" don't care about other people's faith or culture as long as we can keep ours intact. This guy is an a-hole and something should happen to stop it but it won't.
Posted 7/31/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/29/florida.burn.quran.day/index.html?hpt=Sbin
well here in America were going to burn Muslim text, oh it makes me so proud i knowing that were going to piss off about 1.5 billion people. Sorry for the sarcasm but we might as well through a few bibles on that pile as well.
And that guy was allowed to lead a congregation, why? He's behaving like he's reviving the KKK for goodness sake.


to put it simply "we" don't care about other people's faith or culture as long as we can keep ours intact. This guy is an a-hole and something should happen to stop it but it won't.
Confirmation bias hitting too close to home. There's a Japanese proverb that says a lighthouse can't see what's directly underneath itself.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 7/31/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/29/florida.burn.quran.day/index.html?hpt=Sbin
well here in America were going to burn Muslim text, oh it makes me so proud i knowing that were going to piss off about 1.5 billion people. Sorry for the sarcasm but we might as well through a few bibles on that pile as well.
And that guy was allowed to lead a congregation, why? He's behaving like he's reviving the KKK for goodness sake.


to put it simply "we" don't care about other people's faith or culture as long as we can keep ours intact. This guy is an a-hole and something should happen to stop it but it won't.


Book Burnings can be a political statement and thus fall under the first amendment. Anyone can hold a book burning of any book/s. Unless you don't believe in free speech.
Posted 7/31/10

Allhailodin wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/29/florida.burn.quran.day/index.html?hpt=Sbin
well here in America were going to burn Muslim text, oh it makes me so proud i knowing that were going to piss off about 1.5 billion people. Sorry for the sarcasm but we might as well through a few bibles on that pile as well.
And that guy was allowed to lead a congregation, why? He's behaving like he's reviving the KKK for goodness sake.


to put it simply "we" don't care about other people's faith or culture as long as we can keep ours intact. This guy is an a-hole and something should happen to stop it but it won't.


Book Burnings can be a political statement and thus fall under the first amendment. Anyone can hold a book burning of any book/s. Unless you don't believe in free speech.


I am all for free speech but lets twist and burn some bibles as well, i am all for that. One thing I am not for is pissing off 1.5 billion Muslims for no reason what soever just to get a point across, all this is going to do is entice more violence and cause the cycle of hatred to continue.
Posted 7/31/10

Allhailodin wrote:



Book Burnings can be a political statement and thus fall under the first amendment. Anyone can hold a book burning of any book/s. Unless you don't believe in free speech.
Then the US is a religious state just like the Middle East Muslims, how fitting.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 7/31/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/29/florida.burn.quran.day/index.html?hpt=Sbin
well here in America were going to burn Muslim text, oh it makes me so proud i knowing that were going to piss off about 1.5 billion people. Sorry for the sarcasm but we might as well through a few bibles on that pile as well.
And that guy was allowed to lead a congregation, why? He's behaving like he's reviving the KKK for goodness sake.


to put it simply "we" don't care about other people's faith or culture as long as we can keep ours intact. This guy is an a-hole and something should happen to stop it but it won't.


Book Burnings can be a political statement and thus fall under the first amendment. Anyone can hold a book burning of any book/s. Unless you don't believe in free speech.


I am all for free speech but lets twist and burn some bibles as well, i am all for that. One thing I am not for is pissing off 1.5 billion Muslims for no reason what soever just to get a point across, all this is going to do is entice more violence and cause the cycle of hatred to continue.


Lets just burn the Christians instead. Once the fires get started you can add the bibles if you want. You can burn all the bibles you want but one can always just make more bibles. Lol jk
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 8/1/10

DomFortress wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/29/florida.burn.quran.day/index.html?hpt=Sbin
well here in America were going to burn Muslim text, oh it makes me so proud i knowing that were going to piss off about 1.5 billion people. Sorry for the sarcasm but we might as well through a few bibles on that pile as well.
And that guy was allowed to lead a congregation, why? He's behaving like he's reviving the KKK for goodness sake.


In America we have freedom of speech. He's allowed to do what ever he pleases as long as he doesnt resort to violence. And i respect his beliefs, i dont agree with them, but i respect them. He is doing what he believes is right, reguardless of how twisted it is.

That is the beauty of freedom of speech. Does it give a bad name for everything and everyone he represents- hell yes. Does it cause serious issues when the government cant regulate people like these from starting organizations? hell yes. No other organizations have suffered more than Christianity,Democracy, and Taekwondo because of people like him. His beliefs end up getting people hurt down the road. People like him lead other people astray. The the hell of it is, its impossible to stop it. His actions cant be regulated. Mcdojos, Mc religions, Mc churches, mc governments are recognized both legally and publicly as thier real counter parts. I dont like his beliefs. Call it a true Scottsman Fallacy if you want, but it's the best way how to describe this situation.

But do u see any parralels in his beliefs? I thought u would aggree with him... Dont u hate all religions as well? peace over war
Posted 8/1/10

JJT2 wrote:


In America we have freedom of speech. He's allowed to do what ever he pleases as long as he doesnt resort to violence. And i respect his beliefs, i dont agree with them, but i respect them. He is doing what he believes is right, reguardless of how twisted it is.

That is the beauty of freedom of speech.
Does it give a bad name for everything and everyone he represents- hell yes. Does it cause serious issues when the government cant regulate people like these from starting organizations? hell yes. No other organizations have suffered more than Christianity,Democracy, and Taekwondo because of people like him. His beliefs end up getting people hurt down the road. People like him lead other people astray. The the hell of it is, its impossible to stop it. His actions cant be regulated. Mcdojos, Mc religions, Mc churches, mc governments are recognized both legally and publicly as thier real counter parts. I dont like his beliefs. Call it a true Scottsman Fallacy if you want, but it's the best way how to describe this situation.

But do u see any parralels in his beliefs? I thought u would aggree with him... Dont u hate all religions as well? peace over war
Objection Gavel!

And there will not be "freedom of speech" for the likes of you, who don't question the policy nor politic of others. Thereby you oppressed your own freedom with your own "political correctness", when you choose to respect something that you don't agree.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 8/1/10

maffoo wrote:


JJT2 wrote:

If it is, i dont see oppression. I see Europe letting them in, letting them have free speech, letting them breed, and letting the radicals do what ever they want to even though the moderate are telling the European government to stop them. This is what it means to be a free country, have free speech, and have no immigration polocy. Multiculturalism at its best. They asked for it and now they will reap what they sow!!
If you give people rights, they will use them. Who am i supposed to feel "passion" for? If Europe truly hated this, then they would change thier laws, make being muslim illegal, take away free speech, and kill them all. Perhaps the KKK had the right idea?


I'm not sure if it will go as far as killing Muslims, but there does seem to be a growing anti-Islamic sentiment in Europe. France is looking at banning the veil, I gather that the Dutch are concerned about Islam, and there are fairly regular flare-ups in the UK about "hate preachers", the veil, Sharia law etc. Here in the UK the debates tend to be shut down as "Islamophobic" but the tensions are simmering away, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were a backlash .



Im just trying to make a point.I was exaggerating. If you let them in your country and let them do what ever they want, why complain? They believe in freedom of speech, freedom of this, that, and the other. That's all those muslims are doing. Doing what they have the right to do. So why complain? Its not political correctness, its getting what you asked for. You ask for freedom of speech and u got it. It goes both ways, from the stuff u dont want to hear, to the stuff u do. That was all i was trying to say. I have no problem with people from a different culture running all around in my country. I like learning from different culture. Im on an anime site . But if i truly beleive in freespeech, i cant "truly" be against them. I think this contriversy is silly. If u dont want foreigners having freedom in your country, dont let them in. peace over war
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 8/1/10

DomFortress wrote:


JJT2 wrote:


In America we have freedom of speech. He's allowed to do what ever he pleases as long as he doesnt resort to violence. And i respect his beliefs, i dont agree with them, but i respect them. He is doing what he believes is right, reguardless of how twisted it is.

That is the beauty of freedom of speech.
Does it give a bad name for everything and everyone he represents- hell yes. Does it cause serious issues when the government cant regulate people like these from starting organizations? hell yes. No other organizations have suffered more than Christianity,Democracy, and Taekwondo because of people like him. His beliefs end up getting people hurt down the road. People like him lead other people astray. The the hell of it is, its impossible to stop it. His actions cant be regulated. Mcdojos, Mc religions, Mc churches, mc governments are recognized both legally and publicly as thier real counter parts. I dont like his beliefs. Call it a true Scottsman Fallacy if you want, but it's the best way how to describe this situation.

But do u see any parralels in his beliefs? I thought u would aggree with him... Dont u hate all religions as well? peace over war
Objection Gavel!

And there will not be "freedom of speech" for the likes of you, who don't question the policy nor politic of others. Thereby you oppressed your own freedom with your own "political correctness", when you choose to respect something that you don't agree.


I forgot what red herring means... Freedom of speech also means freedom to be quiet. It takes courage to stand up and speak, as it does to sit down and listen.

Thereby you oppressed your own freedom with your own "political correctness", when you choose to respect something that you don't agree

You just might be right about this. Perhaps i am oppressed by the very thing i disaggree with. That makes me really sad to even ponder such a possibility. .Maybe i am a slave to my own beleifs. Perhaps i can't see the forrest for the trees. Perhaps i am traveling on an ox, looking for an ox.

But respect and tolerance for all (even of the unrespectful and intolerant) is a part of who i am. I wouldnt want to be anything else. Some people claim respect needs to be earned,tolerance is limited to the tolerant, but in the same breath they also claim everybody deserves to be respected, be open-minded on everything.

As a kid i was bullied my entire childhood and throughout middleschool. If i wasnt in 3 different highschools, i probably would have been bullied thier to. It was in that time i learned that if people aren't respected or tolerated, they are usually bullied, killed, raped, ect. So I figured if i just tolerate everything and respect everyone, maybe just one less person will have to go through those things.

And if i can save one life by being this way, its worth it. There was a story i heard in philosophy class. It was about a Buddist Monk who never spoke for decades. People thought he was mute. But one day he spoke and his followers asked him why has he been silent all these decades? He responded "because there was nothing to say". peace over war
65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 8/1/10
When Muslim kill the violet ones i may start to think that they maybe ok . The celebration on 9-11 makes me very angry.
Posted 8/2/10

JJT2 wrote:


I forgot what red herring means... Freedom of speech also means freedom to be quiet. It takes courage to stand up and speak, as it does to sit down and listen.

Thereby you oppressed your own freedom with your own "political correctness", when you choose to respect something that you don't agree

You just might be right about this. Perhaps i am oppressed by the very thing i disaggree with. That makes me really sad to even ponder such a possibility. .Maybe i am a slave to my own beleifs. Perhaps i can't see the forrest for the trees. Perhaps i am traveling on an ox, looking for an ox.

But respect and tolerance for all (even of the unrespectful and intolerant) is a part of who i am. I wouldnt want to be anything else. Some people claim respect needs to be earned,tolerance is limited to the tolerant, but in the same breath they also claim everybody deserves to be respected, be open-minded on everything.

As a kid i was bullied my entire childhood and throughout middleschool. If i wasnt in 3 different highschools, i probably would have been bullied thier to. It was in that time i learned that if people aren't respected or tolerated, they are usually bullied, killed, raped, ect. So I figured if i just tolerate everything and respect everyone, maybe just one less person will have to go through those things.

And if i can save one life by being this way, its worth it. There was a story i heard in philosophy class. It was about a Buddist Monk who never spoke for decades. People thought he was mute. But one day he spoke and his followers asked him why has he been silent all these decades? He responded "because there was nothing to say". peace over war
Then here's something you must agree for your own lack of self-respect that, in doing so, you ended up saving nobody with your choice of none-expression. Not even yourself.

BTW, a "red herring" is a logical fallacy of not "saying it like it is", just as how you mistaken "freedom of expression" to "right to remain silent".
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.