First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Getting tired of ecchi in anime
Posted 8/5/10
yeah i'm getting tired of ecchi animes nowadays ...it's good tht they have fanservice, but the plot and the story is another thing... if i want to watch girls who have big boobs and doesn't rly have a story or plot, then i should've watched Hentai instead of ecchi anime
3064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Pilipinas
Offline
Posted 8/5/10 , edited 8/5/10
its nothing but FAN SERVICE

shame on you fan service!!!!!!!!!! shame on you!!!!!!!!!! *voice fading away*
Posted 8/5/10 , edited 8/5/10

iKyuubi wrote:

its nothing but FAN SERVICE

shame on you fan service!!!!!!!!!! shame on you!!!!!!!!!! *voice fading away*


stupid fan service, ruining my moe

13172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 8/5/10
i gotta be honest i don't mind titties jigglin once in a while. if every anime had it I wouldn't mind as long as the plots were still solid.
246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / in your closet.
Offline
Posted 8/6/10
Personally, I don't mind ecchi. Okay I like it so what? What I really like in anime is just either a really good original plot or really good romance. That is all I need in an anime really.

For example, I'd have to say Clannad/Afterstory was my favorite anime. It had no ecchi, although it was a harem anime, well until afterstory, but still one of the best anime I've ever seen.

An example of an ecchi anime that was good Bakemonogatari. One of the most original anime I've ever seen.Also another favorite of mine. It was somewhat weird but I loved it.

Elfen Lied. Need I say more?

Ichigo 100% one of classic romance anime that I loved.
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 8/6/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


iKyuubi wrote:

its nothing but FAN SERVICE

shame on you fan service!!!!!!!!!! shame on you!!!!!!!!!! *voice fading away*


stupid fan service, ruining my moe



I lol'ed mentally
Posted 8/6/10


Thank you. I agree wholeheartedly. I don't mind a little ecchi, but it seems like sometimes they're just doing it because the anime can't stand on its own without it. It's the same with fanservice in my opinion. If it contributes to the plot, then fine. But just putting it in for its own sake? It's literally like the company is trying to sell the anime using a pantyshot instead of having an intriguing story or good characters. I don't understand the fascination at all, and I have ranted about this on many sites and asked the same question. What's the appeal? I asked my boyfriend because he reads Negima (do. not. get. me. started. on. that. one.). He said it's for hilarity, but tell me, without it could the story still stand, and since it's marketed to teenage boys, did they put the fanservice in to help sell or what? I think the story would be fine without the fanservice, kind of like Haruhi, but it seems as if they threw that little extra bit in because they knew it would help sell. It's really starting to get annoying and truthfully the second I see fanservice/ecchi for fanservice/ecchi sake, I immediately stop reading the manga or watching the anime.
897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 8/6/10

Nobue-oneechan wrote:



Thank you. I agree wholeheartedly. I don't mind a little ecchi, but it seems like sometimes they're just doing it because the anime can't stand on its own without it. It's the same with fanservice in my opinion. If it contributes to the plot, then fine. But just putting it in for its own sake? It's literally like the company is trying to sell the anime using a pantyshot instead of having an intriguing story or good characters. I don't understand the fascination at all, and I have ranted about this on many sites and asked the same question. What's the appeal? I asked my boyfriend because he reads Negima (do. not. get. me. started. on. that. one.). He said it's for hilarity, but tell me, without it could the story still stand, and since it's marketed to teenage boys, did they put the fanservice in to help sell or what? I think the story would be fine without the fanservice, kind of like Haruhi, but it seems as if they threw that little extra bit in because they knew it would help sell. It's really starting to get annoying and truthfully the second I see fanservice/ecchi for fanservice/ecchi sake, I immediately stop reading the manga or watching the anime.


Negima is still good despite having some ecchi moments in it though. It actually does have a pretty good story and characters as well and it shifts to more of a focus on action and plot later on in the manga. I do agree with the person you quoted though.


52 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/6/10

LosingOrbit wrote:

It seems that some of the new anime that's coming out this year is not only unoriginal, but has an either large or small amount of ecchi, which I believe could be a good series without it. Let it be known that I have no problem with this particular genre. In fact, I happen to enjoy a good ecchi series from time to time, but it annoys me to no end when the anime is so over-glorified with it that the actual plot is ignored.

It's as if the creators are saying, "Hey, our anime is crap and unoriginal, but look at these titties!"

I just don't understand it, and the people who try to defend the fact that, "It's a good show because of the ecchi!" are illogical. It shouldn't be a good show because of the random "pantsu" shots or nude scenes, it should be a good show because of the plot or the animation or even the character depth, but I guess that's just me.

For example, Seikon no Qwaser . My opinion? By far the worst thing I've seen, and I've seen a lot of things, but it stays popular because of its over-glorified ecchi scenes, and if that's not the reason than I don't know what is.

So please explain, what is it with this obsessive fascination with flimsy 2D characters?


Some People Like Ecchi Anime Coz irs Kinda Funny But kinda perverted also. KissxSis Is one of the Most Perverted show ive ever watched but still kinda funny -.-' But some Sado's Cant watch..... Certian Things..... So they watch Ecchi to please themselves (How sad)
67345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Glendale, AZ
Offline
Posted 8/6/10
Only ecchi I regret watching to a great level is Queen's Blade, Strike Witches, and Chu-Bra because of the yuri implications.
1241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/6/10
Theres a lot of ecchi because OBVIOUSLY it gets peoples attention so they buy it and the author gain more money
The Wise Wizard
99871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 8/6/10

Saotome-Ranma wrote:

Simple solution- Don't watch what you don't want to.

I am personally against indecency, however, seeing as how humans behave very similarly in reality makes me think that the Ecchi in Anime is justified.

Your message reminds me of an interesting point.

While ecchi may be common in anime, sex isn't (outside of hentai, of course). To be clear, I am not talking about explicit sex, but the implication of it. Think of the number of ecchi anime where characters don't even kiss during the course of the series, much less engage in any more intimate behavior.

Despite all the ecchi, the characters are often more pure than their real life counterparts.



3968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / In your sushi...O.o
Offline
Posted 8/6/10
You're right about that, however seeing as how they behave in a slutty manner (a lot of the time) I wouldn't neccisarily use the word "pure" per se, but you do have an interesting point there.
Posted 8/6/10

TheAncientOne wrote:


Saotome-Ranma wrote:

Simple solution- Don't watch what you don't want to.

I am personally against indecency, however, seeing as how humans behave very similarly in reality makes me think that the Ecchi in Anime is justified.

Your message reminds me of an interesting point.

While ecchi may be common in anime, sex isn't (outside of hentai, of course). To be clear, I am not talking about explicit sex, but the implication of it. Think of the number of ecchi anime where characters don't even kiss during the course of the series, much less engage in any more intimate behavior.

Despite all the ecchi, the characters are often more pure than their real life counterparts.





the sad part is "otakus" want there female v/a to be pure not act like sluts. Some go as far to break their shit and issues death threats on the v/a if they "female" or even "male" v/a's have had sex, have bf/gf's and so forth. It ties in to the fact that most otakus are virgins and they want their anime "goddesses" to reamin pure. Also sex in a mainstream because of 2d "waifus" sigh some times I get sick of this sub-culture.
3238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 8/6/10
So if I got this right in the last post....the so-called otakus are ruining today's anime by having tons of ecchi in it and it takes away from the story?

See my thing is, I have no problem wth ecchi as long as it's done right and not in every scene. You gotta let the story thrump the sex because it's not a hentai...and you know damn well most hentai just has straight up sex and little story.

So yeah, the ecchi in new animes need to be toned down. People don't watch anime for sex unless you're this damn desperate and you never get out much and meet a real person.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.