Russian Democracy
Posted 7/31/10 , edited 7/31/10
It was with Boris Yeltsin that communism seen its end in Russia, then Vladimir Putin began to destroy what he hoped to create. Russian history is one of immense turmoil, and her procession towards an uncertain future remains a constant to this day. With the edge the world teeters on, it may be so that if Russia collapses again, it my never get back up. With democracy as the system supported properly by more of Russia's people, there will yet be hope for a decaying nation. The hammer and scythe have long been no more for Russia, and her government by and for the people needs positive growth. A strong people such as the Russians deserve a brighter future.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 7/31/10
Well by that logic couldn't you say that communism died after the 1991 coup failed against Mikhail Gorbachev ? The Russian Federation was birthed because of that, and it wouldn't exist today without it. But I wouldn't call communism dead. Not by a long shot.
Posted 7/31/10
The Russian-Canadians at my local community center are rather down-to-earth. My old boxing coach was in fact Russian with a very cheerful work ethic. If they are to become more democratic, then I would think more crackdown on corruption may be the result.
65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 8/1/10
There no such thing as a working democracy majority rule. and that's the end off it Republic last longer unfortunately we are going down this silly road. With out states rights the Federal government can shove BS legislation that many state do not want.
8742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Scotland, Aberdeen
Offline
Posted 8/4/10 , edited 8/4/10
Russian democracy is an oxymoron. It is on par with the Lochness monster when it comes to hiding itself. And not unlike the latter, the former is alleged to exist mainly by gullible people.
1142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / PLACES
Offline
Posted 8/4/10
Russian democracy does exist, but in a different way.

I identify as Russian in part. I 110% agree with the OP, though. Russia is an amazing country with awesome people - it deserves better than what it gets.
65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 8/8/10
If the Russian democracy is set up like post WW1 Germany it will fall into a dictatorship soon all they need is hard economic times a group to hate or to blame and the Russian Democracy will fall like a house made of cards.Vladimir Putinis a hard liner from the past he has the means and will to topless everything. If he has ties to under world in Russia which I am sure he dose people that oppose him will start dieing off or go missing or just leave politics.Now can he whip the Russian people into a frenzy that the big question. 20 % of the population well armed will intimidate the other 80%. They not a real working model of a large scale democracy, that lasted. most were small and stayed around two hundred years. Please do not piont at the USA for a working we are a republic but now were pretty much a democracy and were going down fast.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 8/11/10
Russia is such a special country. Yet , it just doesn't have the tradition nor the culture to develope democracy. It is sad to see that the deterioration of this counry is getting worse.
Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 8/14/10
OP's request for a lock.

~Locked
You must be logged in to post.