First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Why do dramas almost always have weird names?
2064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Edmonton, Alberta...
Offline
Posted 1/11/08

anime_otaku-nerd wrote:

Um, actually most drama's don't really have much of a weird title, its just that its weird to us because we don't understand Japanese...


Not all dramas are Japanese...
29511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/12/08
^ True, but still, most original titles that are used are titles in different languages.
596 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / us
Offline
Posted 1/12/08

vfanrz wrote:

bad translations?
haha, some of the time.


haha agree=D bad translation
1957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Texas:D
Offline
Posted 1/12/08
i think is becuz they like it that way or maybe the name means sumthin ?
1031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 1/12/08
b/c the "weird" name has a big meaning to the drama
sometimes the dramas don't even refer tot he title till like th last episode
219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F
Offline
Posted 1/18/08

callmecrazy wrote:

like coffee prince or something. maybe its related to the story (i dont really watch dramas so i dont know) but it just seems wierd ~_~


Lol that's the title of the drama because Coffee Prince is the name of the coffee shop that they work at...it's not weird at all, if you watch the drama you'd understand
6921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / philippines
Offline
Posted 1/19/08

CloudedMinded wrote:


callmecrazy wrote:

like coffee prince or something. maybe its related to the story (i dont really watch dramas so i dont know) but it just seems wierd ~_~


Lol that's the title of the drama because Coffee Prince is the name of the coffee shop that they work at...it's not weird at all, if you watch the drama you'd understand


what about spring waltz,,? do you know why it is titled like it..?

219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F
Offline
Posted 1/19/08

ygirl07 wrote:


CloudedMinded wrote:


callmecrazy wrote:

like coffee prince or something. maybe its related to the story (i dont really watch dramas so i dont know) but it just seems wierd ~_~


Lol that's the title of the drama because Coffee Prince is the name of the coffee shop that they work at...it's not weird at all, if you watch the drama you'd understand


what about spring waltz,,? do you know why it is titled like it..?



well...I'm just guessing here, but Spring because it is part of the Endless Love series with the four seasons...I think that it is called Waltz because the main male character is a famous pianist and a Waltz is not only a type of dance, but it is also a type of music and that has to do with the piano...so I'm guessing that's how the title fits...this is just my own guestimation though, I could totally be wrong...
18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 1/19/08
yes bad translater
唐心风暴.
= HEART OF GREED?
MAKES NO SENSE.
6921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / philippines
Offline
Posted 1/20/08

CloudedMinded wrote:


ygirl07 wrote:


CloudedMinded wrote:


callmecrazy wrote:

like coffee prince or something. maybe its related to the story (i dont really watch dramas so i dont know) but it just seems wierd ~_~


Lol that's the title of the drama because Coffee Prince is the name of the coffee shop that they work at...it's not weird at all, if you watch the drama you'd understand


what about spring waltz,,? do you know why it is titled like it..?



well...I'm just guessing here, but Spring because it is part of the Endless Love series with the four seasons...I think that it is called Waltz because the main male character is a famous pianist and a Waltz is not only a type of dance, but it is also a type of music and that has to do with the piano...so I'm guessing that's how the title fits...this is just my own guestimation though, I could totally be wrong...


i think so too..i just wnt a second opinion..or some1 to agree w/ me..thnks...
2280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / LA~~→came from Ja...
Offline
Posted 1/20/08
well because i understand japanese, the names doesn't sound weird...
i think they all have naming sense...!
130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Michigan
Offline
Posted 1/20/08
I don't think most of them are weird. But like someone else said, because of translation and cultural differences, the titles don't always make sense to you.
Posted 1/20/08
I Dunno Lols I Thin KThey Want To Make Sure It's Speacial
Posted 1/20/08
Great Man !!!!
162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 1/20/08

bizziebubblez wrote:

It's cute to have nicknames like pokpok and boknat.
i dont think they're actually weird considering most of my cousins
in the philippines have weirder names!

and what drama exactly has weird names?


Haha, I guess you're referring to Sana Maulit Muli. That's a cute show.

I think the drama names suit the show. + they want to make it original, something new that will divert the viewers to their show other than another. Do I make sense?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.