First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Broken Blade
17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 8/2/10
Plot Summary: The inhabitants of the continent of Cruzon are born with the ability to freely control quartz. Technology based on this power allows them to perform a great multitude of tasks such as shoot projectiles and pilot mobile suits (called Golems in this society). Rygart Arrow is an un-sorcerer, a rare individual who is unable to levitate even the smallest crystal. Living with his brother on a farm, he receives a letter from an old friend, Hodr, the current king. Close companion of the king and queen when they were students at Assam Military School, Arrow is informed that a war is about to occur. Hodr called him because an ancient type of Golem has been found in a mining shaft. No one has been able to move it and queen Sigyn, an expert engineer, suspects that maybe an un-sorcerer might be the key to activate it.


I just finished watching the first episode of the Cartoon movie known as Broken Blade.

An I must say Its one of the better Mecha anime I have seen. The mecha are not super over powered, yet they have a Xenogears feel to them.

Other than that I am going to refrain from making huge judgments on this show. Some shows have good starts, then by episode 2 or thee sucks balls..

But As of now I like it.
136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F
Offline
Posted 8/2/10
I just watched it this morning and i like it.

i want something more intense for the mecha battle but maybe i expect too much from the 1st movie
53184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / England
Online
Posted 8/2/10 , edited 8/2/10
Ditto, I just finished watching the first movie and it's epically awsum!!!!
2059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Bebop
Offline
Posted 8/2/10
Its coming out at 6 movies isn't it? instead of a series
53184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / England
Online
Posted 8/4/10
Indeed it is, a series of movies if you will.
17072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 8/4/10

rechajulay wrote:

I just watched it this morning and i like it.

i want something more intense for the mecha battle but maybe i expect too much from the 1st movie


Same here. It was good but I was a bit underwhelmed.
243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Port Royal
Offline
Posted 8/4/10
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this.
Nice to see it's getting a good first wave of reviews.
15139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Harrisburg, Penns...
Offline
Posted 10/24/12
anyone know why the second episode isn't available yet?
23139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 10/24/12
Its great but I wish they hadn't changed the ending. I wish more anime would stick to the story rather then opt for different endings
79481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/24/12
^ that would mean more movies....
23058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/24/12
I'm not expecting much from the final episode if it's anything like the 5th. I hated it so bad, my sister and I were yelling at the screen with complaints. A lot of the characters seemed way out of character and came off as distant when faced with certain situations. The story became convoluted near the end and I stopped caring by the end. Also during this episode the military came off as imcompetant and there "elite force" didn't really feel like an elite force.
Since I'm only one episode away from finishing I'll stick through to the end, but I wouldn't call it the best mecha anime I've seen, much less the best ova (Unicorn is a lot better than this IMO) I will say the fights are nice to watch.
20450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Griffin GA
Offline
Posted 10/24/12

Pengwee wrote:

I'm not expecting much from the final episode if it's anything like the 5th. I hated it so bad, my sister and I were yelling at the screen with complaints. A lot of the characters seemed way out of character and came off as distant when faced with certain situations. The story became convoluted near the end and I stopped caring by the end. Also during this episode the military came off as imcompetant and there "elite force" didn't really feel like an elite force.
Since I'm only one episode away from finishing I'll stick through to the end, but I wouldn't call it the best mecha anime I've seen, much less the best ova (Unicorn is a lot better than this IMO) I will say the fights are nice to watch.


i thought it was intresting but thats my OP im on the 5th part
23139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 10/24/12

AnimeKami wrote:

^ that would mean more movies....


that would be a good thing
79481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/24/12

lzymxn wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

^ that would mean more movies....


that would be a good thing


too much of a good thing can be bad
56545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 10/24/12
WEll this one came out about 2 years ago and they released 1 episode a month.

I dont remember how it ended and I was reading the manga too but I think I was disappointed .
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.