First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Proud to be mean?
4344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / auckland
Offline
Posted 1/7/08 , edited 4/18/08
People don't get the original question of this thread... it's not asking if you are mean or not. It's asking about.. The people that are mean and think this quality of their being as something awesome/cool/to be proud for etc. I was curious at these people's psyche and want to find out why these kind of people have this peculiar mindset.

Also i made this thread to see if some are one of those people, then they would like to share to us as to why they are like that.
9822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Shiz University
Offline
Posted 1/7/08 , edited 4/18/08
I'm not mean, just honest
58 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Lost inside my ow...
Offline
Posted 1/7/08 , edited 4/18/08
It's partially because pessimism and realism are interchangable terms in modern society. I'm proud to be mean because it makes people think. On the other hand, given the recent rise in the popularity of emo, there are also posers who are mean in order to get attention.
49717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Unreachable Dream...
Offline
Posted 1/7/08 , edited 4/18/08
Mean people should stop being mean. I was really mean before, I liked to make people suffer, and now I am suffering, I am dying, because of my meanness. So, being mean isnt something good. You might be proud of it, but you'll regret it later.
4344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / auckland
Offline
Posted 1/7/08 , edited 4/18/08

Poketto wrote:

It's partially because pessimism and realism are interchangable terms in modern society. I'm proud to be mean because it makes people think. On the other hand, given the recent rise in the popularity of emo, there are also posers who are mean in order to get attention.


makes people think what? you're an ass? you wanna elaborate more there?

and yes i agree about the poser thing.. it really does resemble the emo culture. just replace depression with mean behaviours. it's exactly like that
4344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / auckland
Offline
Posted 1/7/08 , edited 4/18/08
^^^^ out of topic.. go away
go PM to sort out your personal problems there
10670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Washington DC
Offline
Posted 1/7/08 , edited 4/18/08
Mean, brutally honest, whatever you want to call it. Anyone that takes pleasure in being mean is childish and needs to grow up. I know a vast number of people on these forums is under 18, so you still have to to mature. If anyone takes these type of attitudes into adulthood with them, chances are high that they will, to quote a common expression, "fail at life."

I have a good education, a high paying job in a good solid field, many friends, lots of contacts in the business world, own my own home, etc etc etc. I didn't get any of that by being mean to a single person. You have to find a way to get along with anyone, even if you don't like them in order to have a chance at succeeding. People need to like you.
SamMan 
3821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Bothell, WA, USA
Offline
Posted 1/7/08 , edited 4/18/08

n_n303 wrote:


SamMan wrote:

I'm mean to those piss me off. But I don't like it. So their some out who I was rude to and I'm sorry.

sheighton
wolzen
Unrefined-Nemesis
lazypower
ShadowGryphon
Your_Typical_Friend
n_n303
projectcedric
magnus102
Gaburiera-chan




hahah! my name is up there. its ok i forgive you, but its funny that you blocked me it wasnt like i was planning to message you. PFFT. if i have anything to say i'll say it on the forums.


Fine with me.

58 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Lost inside my ow...
Offline
Posted 1/7/08 , edited 4/18/08
Generally speaking, I don't often, well, speak, but when I do, I'm mean because I'm trying to get people to realize a mistake. The world has become one large satire.
7801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Pinsnotch2
Offline
Posted 1/7/08 , edited 4/18/08

SamMan wrote:

I'm mean to those piss me off. But I don't like it. So their some out who I was rude to and I'm sorry.

sheighton
wolzen
Unrefined-Nemesis
lazypower
ShadowGryphon
Your_Typical_Friend
n_n303
projectcedric
magnus102
Gaburiera-chan





lol the only one who deserves to be on there is lazypower

i'm not mean i just like seeing peoples reactions by posting retarded things
SamMan 
3821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Bothell, WA, USA
Offline
Posted 1/7/08 , edited 4/18/08

wolzen wrote:


SamMan wrote:

I'm mean to those piss me off. But I don't like it. So their some out who I was rude to and I'm sorry.

sheighton
wolzen
Unrefined-Nemesis
lazypower
ShadowGryphon
Your_Typical_Friend
n_n303
projectcedric
magnus102
Gaburiera-chan





lol the only one who deserves to be on there is lazypower

i'm not mean i just like seeing peoples reactions by posting retarded things


Yea. Well lazypower not coming off. Thanks for info.
15175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / 603407~ thanks BK!
Offline
Posted 1/7/08 , edited 4/18/08
Being mean and judging them mean depends each person.
4554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Lakewood, Califor...
Offline
Posted 1/7/08 , edited 4/18/08
Yes, I am (:

But, don't worry, I use GaiaOnline to be a total bitch ^_^
4344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / auckland
Offline
Posted 1/7/08 , edited 4/18/08

Poketto wrote:

Generally speaking, I don't often, well, speak, but when I do, I'm mean because I'm trying to get people to realize a mistake. The world has become one large satire.


it's still doesn't give a clear reason why you have to be mean about it.. is it necessary to be hurtful to make people realize their mistakes? Nope.. you can still get your point across without being an asswipe about it.

i'm sorry but, all this pretense that you're doing it for other people's sake? yeah nah i don't buy it.
1902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / most likely in bed.
Offline
Posted 1/7/08 , edited 4/18/08
I don't think being mean is anything to be proud of but I think the reasons for being mean sometimes depend on the person and the situation. There are also people who are constantly mean because they need to put someone down in order to feel superior or to feel like they are a part of a superior group.

Edited
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.