First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
14yo Girl Charged With Consensual Sex Under Sharia Law
174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / la la land
Offline
Posted 8/20/10

DomFortress wrote:


kauaimore wrote:



Call me dense but I honestly have no Idea why you're bringing up Brazilian laws. The trial is being done on Abu Dhabi, no? Why would Brazil's law matter here? Please elaborate.
Isn't the girl Brazilian according to her nationality? And if you wanna argue how Sharia law is equally gender biased, you're more than welcome to try.

Yes, but the trial is being done NOT in Brazil, but in another another country (or Emirates, whatever).

Brazil's law mean jackshit here.
Posted 8/20/10

kauaimore wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


kauaimore wrote:



Call me dense but I honestly have no Idea why you're bringing up Brazilian laws. The trial is being done on Abu Dhabi, no? Why would Brazil's law matter here? Please elaborate.
Isn't the girl Brazilian according to her nationality? And if you wanna argue how Sharia law is equally gender biased, you're more than welcome to try.

Yes, but the trial is being done NOT in Brazil, but in another another country (or Emirates, whatever).

Brazil's law mean jackshit here.
And when both legal systems can't justify a real verdict, both are subsequently worthless.
174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / la la land
Offline
Posted 8/20/10

DomFortress wrote:


kauaimore wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


kauaimore wrote:



Call me dense but I honestly have no Idea why you're bringing up Brazilian laws. The trial is being done on Abu Dhabi, no? Why would Brazil's law matter here? Please elaborate.
Isn't the girl Brazilian according to her nationality? And if you wanna argue how Sharia law is equally gender biased, you're more than welcome to try.

Yes, but the trial is being done NOT in Brazil, but in another another country (or Emirates, whatever).

Brazil's law mean jackshit here.
And when both legal systems can't justify a real verdict, both are subsequently worthless.


The point still stands.
You might claim that it's bullshit but that's how they roll there.

Besides the girl has already denied that she was raped and forensics have already concluded that no raping happened.
The case literally went nowhere.
Posted 8/20/10

kauaimore wrote:


The point still stands.
You might claim that it's bullshit but that's how they roll there.

Besides the girl has already denied that she was raped and forensics have already concluded that no raping happened.
The case literally went nowhere.
No, the forensics can't proof that there was a real sexual intercourse because they can't biologically conclude anything happened sexually after 37 days:

The defendants’ lawyers told the court yesterday there was no evidence the incident happened. Lawyers said the girl was tested at the Abu Dhabi Judicial Department’s forensic unit 37 days after the incident.(citation)
Do you think that any real evidence would've still be around after that long period of time, especially when it's from a rape crime victim? As in disaster rape doesn't happen because you can't gather evidences of those cases?
174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / la la land
Offline
Posted 8/20/10 , edited 8/20/10

DomFortress wrote:


kauaimore wrote:


The point still stands.
You might claim that it's bullshit but that's how they roll there.

Besides the girl has already denied that she was raped and forensics have already concluded that no raping happened.
The case literally went nowhere.
No, the forensics can't proof that there was a real sexual intercourse because they can't biologically conclude anything happened sexually after 37 days:

The defendants’ lawyers told the court yesterday there was no evidence the incident happened. Lawyers said the girl was tested at the Abu Dhabi Judicial Department’s forensic unit 37 days after the incident.(citation)
Do you think that any real evidence would've still be around after that long period of time, especially when it's from a rape crime victim? As in disaster rape doesn't happen because you can't gather evidences of those cases?


I don't know, man. I guess they could totally check the girl's hymen is still intact or if any insertions actually happened. I'm not being sarcastic here btw, I really don't know if they can do that or not.

And normally, things like this would leave tons of fingerprints/hair around (especially since most pakistanis tend to be hairy). So unless the meido polished EVERYTHING in the house afterward (which in itself, is pretty stupid) so there should be at least a little bit of evidence to incriminate the guy/
65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 8/20/10
Weather she consented or not Here in the US it would be considered Rape. But he said she said and no proof then it not a case. Sharia law just being with a male not related to her means death.
Posted 8/20/10

kauaimore wrote:



I don't know, man. I guess they could totally check the girl's hymen is still intact or if any insertions actually happened. I'm not being sarcastic here btw, I really don't know if they can do that or not.

And normally, things like this would leave tons of fingerprints/hair around (especially since most pakistanis tend to be hairy). So unless the meido polished EVERYTHING in the house afterward (which in itself, is pretty stupid) so there should be at least a little bit of evidence to incriminate the guy/
The point is, just like any other traditionally patriarchy society that makes sexuality a culturally shameful and guilty taboo, women are being victimized whereas men OTOH are getting away with them sexually objectifying women.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 8/21/10 , edited 8/21/10
Sickening as it is to our sentiments, other countries do have similar, if not lower, age of consent. France, for one, has an age of consent of 15, for both hetero- and homosexual activities.
Posted 8/21/10

longfenglim wrote:

Sickening as it is to our sentiments, other countries do have similar, if not lower, age of consent. France, for one, has an age of consent of 15, for both hetero- and homosexual activities.
And what's that got to do with the relative gender inequality within France? Are you somehow suggesting that by redefining the legal age of consent, we could achieve a fairer gender equality, thus reduce rape crime altogether? If so, why?
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 8/21/10

DomFortress wrote:


longfenglim wrote:

Sickening as it is to our sentiments, other countries do have similar, if not lower, age of consent. France, for one, has an age of consent of 15, for both hetero- and homosexual activities.
And what's that got to do with the relative gender inequality within France? Are you somehow suggesting that by redefining the legal age of consent, we could achieve a fairer gender equality, thus reduce rape crime altogether? If so, why?


Well, from what I understand of the original topic, it is about statutory rape, the disgustingly low age of consent as prescribe by the Sharia Law, and how everyone is supposed to be in awe about how disgusting those primitive Mahometans are. But, I am probably wrong.
Posted 8/22/10

longfenglim wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


longfenglim wrote:

Sickening as it is to our sentiments, other countries do have similar, if not lower, age of consent. France, for one, has an age of consent of 15, for both hetero- and homosexual activities.
And what's that got to do with the relative gender inequality within France? Are you somehow suggesting that by redefining the legal age of consent, we could achieve a fairer gender equality, thus reduce rape crime altogether? If so, why?


Well, from what I understand of the original topic, it is about statutory rape, the disgustingly low age of consent as prescribe by the Sharia Law, and how everyone is supposed to be in awe about how disgusting those primitive Mahometans are. But, I am probably wrong.


how is the age of consent 15-16 sick? Sigh would argue about it but in some countries the youngest is 12, at-least most girls at his age are developed "physically" Instead of looking like some little child.. hell the age of consent in my state is 16 and to be honest people do not change that much in 2 years.
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 8/22/10

longfenglim wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


longfenglim wrote:

Sickening as it is to our sentiments, other countries do have similar, if not lower, age of consent. France, for one, has an age of consent of 15, for both hetero- and homosexual activities.
And what's that got to do with the relative gender inequality within France? Are you somehow suggesting that by redefining the legal age of consent, we could achieve a fairer gender equality, thus reduce rape crime altogether? If so, why?


Well, from what I understand of the original topic, it is about statutory rape, the disgustingly low age of consent as prescribe by the Sharia Law, and how everyone is supposed to be in awe about how disgusting those primitive Mahometans are. But, I am probably wrong.


I think it's less about the age of consent, although it's obviously a factor, rather then the shocking idea that a 14 year old girl can be guilty of anything when presumably taken advantage of by a man old enough to be her father. At least that's what I gathered was supposed to be the issue.


Posted 8/27/10
There really is no "win" situation here, it's a lose-lose. If the guy is telling the truth and she really did seduce him but the courts don't believe him he is going to be falsely labeled as a rapist, which is a horrible thing to be accused of if it's not true. Sleeping with a minor under ANY circumstances is wrong, but if it was not forced it cannot be called rape. However the only other option is that this girl really was raped which is a horrible thing to happen to anyone. Personally I believe the girl consented to it, the evidence against her points to that scenario, especially if the prosecutors really did find text messages then that pretty much proves it was consensual. But then again consensual or not this 28 year old man had sex with a underage girl half his age, he needs to at least lose his job as a bus driver.
30256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Davao
Offline
Posted 8/31/10
I am so thankful I'm not born in that country and I won't have to live with their crappy laws.
267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / In lalaland~
Offline
Posted 9/1/10

tarakelly wrote:

You will fine many more stories Like Muslim school burnt to death be the religious police would not let them out because they did not have there head covered.



LOOOLL PUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA where did you get that off from anti?
Theres no such thing! GOD you guys probably think we live in tents and ride on camels! But seriously, did you know only women are supposed to cover their heads? So the males died too 'cuz they didn't? XD
and there is no such thing as the 'religious police' it's probably extremists..because no government of any country in their right mind would allow the burning of children to death


This happened so long ago....The girl and the bus driver had a "thing" going on for a really long time and they even exchanged valentine gifts and whatnot, the girl claiming that she loved him, and when they did it, the dad said it was rape. She invited him over to her house when she was all alone. Even if it was rape, it was stupid on behalf of the girl. Why would a girl invite a 28-year old to HER HOUSE were all the other 14 year olds dead? And the girl is 14 not 4 I'm pretty sure she wasn't inviting him over to play Barbie. I guess these guys are only trying to stop girls for taking the easy way out, having sex, then framing the person they fucked for rape. Even though, I do believe it's wrong to have her tried as an adult but then in countries where she had not been tried as an adult, and in fact did give her consent or even initialized the entire thing (and please no "how can a 14 yo initialize that" we all know its all just a competition these days to who can get laid first), and then claimed the guy raped her, wouldn't it be unfair for him? He'd be in prison for god knows how many years for committing a crime he didn't commit.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.