First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
14yo Girl Charged With Consensual Sex Under Sharia Law
55159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 9/1/10
It happen in Saudi Arabia some years back the religious police had something to to with it. Muslim do what the want they ill each other off . Personally I find many religion and especially Islam to be for the emotionally disturbed. Then I also figure if people fer other belief maybe the religion really is more a lifestyle for the limp of mind and body. Nothing but the same old stuff if it was not for oil it would be still a back water pit to live in, my mistake it still is a back water dump.
267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / In lalaland~
Offline
Posted 9/2/10

tarakelly wrote:

It happen in Saudi Arabia some years back the religious police had something to to with it. Muslim do what the want they ill each other off . Personally I find many religion and especially Islam to be for the emotionally disturbed. Then I also figure if people fer other belief maybe the religion really is more a lifestyle for the limp of mind and body. Nothing but the same old stuff if it was not for oil it would be still a back water pit to live in, my mistake it still is a back water dump.



So it just "happened in Saudi Arabia some years back". What proof do you have of this incident? That's the thing, you don't. You've probably just heard it from someone, who heard it from someone else.
LOL a back water dump?? Have you ever BEEN to any of the more successful Muslim countries? You just judge these countries from all of what you've seen on TV. I've been around the world and no place have I found more advanced than some of the Muslim countries here.
55159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 9/2/10
You do realize the Saudis have a religious police force do you not? where the proof if I remember I look it up that and old story.
267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / In lalaland~
Offline
Posted 9/2/10

tarakelly wrote:

You do realize the Saudis have a religious police force do you not? where the proof if I remember I look it up that and old story.


Saudi Arabia has a religious police in Makkah and Madina. Do you know what they enforce?? That women in mosques and during prayer time wear proper covered clothing and that people who are performing pilgrimage maintain order. How do I know this? Because I've actually been there.
67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 9/2/10

gal69lag wrote:


tarakelly wrote:

You do realize the Saudis have a religious police force do you not? where the proof if I remember I look it up that and old story.


Saudi Arabia has a religious police in Makkah and Madina. Do you know what they enforce?? That women in mosques and during prayer time wear proper covered clothing and that people who are performing pilgrimage maintain order. How do I know this? Because I've actually been there.


From what some of my fellow nurses who've worked in Saudi Arabia have said, either you are being a little disengenius about the pervasiveness and authority of these armed agents of the church. Or there are an exceptional number of these religious police who (like an unfortunate minority of cops all over the world) who abuse and exceed their authority.

Of course the very idea of "armed agents of the church" is anathema to any secular western country and has been pretty much since the 30 years war.


267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / In lalaland~
Offline
Posted 9/2/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


gal69lag wrote:


tarakelly wrote:

You do realize the Saudis have a religious police force do you not? where the proof if I remember I look it up that and old story.


Saudi Arabia has a religious police in Makkah and Madina. Do you know what they enforce?? That women in mosques and during prayer time wear proper covered clothing and that people who are performing pilgrimage maintain order. How do I know this? Because I've actually been there.


From what some of my fellow nurses who've worked in Saudi Arabia have said, either you are being a little disengenius about the pervasiveness and authority of these armed agents of the church. Or there are an exceptional number of these religious police who (like an unfortunate minority of cops all over the world) who abuse and exceed their authority.

Of course the very idea of "armed agents of the church" is anathema to any secular western country and has been pretty much since the 30 years war.





Well I don't really know if there are any "armed agents of the church" in secular westen countries or not, but I do agree with you that there definitely are police that exceed their authority, but I don't think that those individuals should represent the entire 'force' that actually follows orders, regardless of whether they are in the minority.

The nurses you have mentioned might have witnessed violence, but in my personal experience, I haven't seen any kind of violent acts in Saudi Arabia, at least in the cities that I've been to. (lol sorry for the dumb moment, but this is what you were implying, right? )
67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 9/2/10

gal69lag wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


gal69lag wrote:


tarakelly wrote:

You do realize the Saudis have a religious police force do you not? where the proof if I remember I look it up that and old story.


Saudi Arabia has a religious police in Makkah and Madina. Do you know what they enforce?? That women in mosques and during prayer time wear proper covered clothing and that people who are performing pilgrimage maintain order. How do I know this? Because I've actually been there.


From what some of my fellow nurses who've worked in Saudi Arabia have said, either you are being a little disengenius about the pervasiveness and authority of these armed agents of the church. Or there are an exceptional number of these religious police who (like an unfortunate minority of cops all over the world) who abuse and exceed their authority.

Of course the very idea of "armed agents of the church" is anathema to any secular western country and has been pretty much since the 30 years war.





Well I don't really know if there are any "armed agents of the church" in secular westen countries or not, but I do agree with you that there definitely are police that exceed their authority, but I don't think that those individuals should represent the entire 'force' that actually follows orders, regardless of whether they are in the minority.

The nurses you have mentioned might have witnessed violence, but in my personal experience, I haven't seen any kind of violent acts in Saudi Arabia, at least in the cities that I've been to. (lol sorry for the dumb moment, but this is what you were implying, right? )


(Emphasis: mine)

It wasn't a case of violence, except the violance of spirit contained in being outnumbered and out-massed by uniformed authority with guns. I meant that their stories as I understood them implied that the religious police were gun toting individuals who got right into the faces of the ladies themselves over their mode of dress out side of a mosque. and quite possibly outside of Mecca or Medina. At least neither city was ever mentioned as part of the story. To that extent my own anecdotal evidence suggests that these religious police are nowhere near as constrained as your statement ( that I made bold) strongly implies.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.