First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply G. Craige Lewis
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 1/7/08

InternationalDramaLover wrote:

I still don't see in the ten commandments that hip hop is evil. Like you said he quoted KRS saying that, so what if he said it, I mean, it is wrong for him to say that when he is working with gospel singers, but anyone could of said what KRS said and does that make them in contact with the devil? He has his opinions and so does everybody else, just opinions. I am not a Heavy Metal fan, makes my ears hurt, some of it does sound crazy and act like they posses or something, but I don't think that is it, I just think Heavy metal lets you express the anger in a real loud way, lol.


Honestly at this point in time i think rap/hip hop and R&B/soul are composed of people of all religious beliefs, i respect the minds of all religions except Direct worshippers of Satan....

GCL believes that if your not worshipping God by default your worshiping Satan... & to a certain extent he is correct

....i think that there are a lot of people just living life the way it has shaped them, & it just so happens that we partake in behaviors in our ignorance and dont know the meaning behind it or the origins

Saggin pants originated in prision as a way to ID the gay prisioners that were basically Prison Bitches who got fucked in the ass, i learn this a yr or so ago, but never really was a heavy pant sagger anyway

The point is we do & sing things without full comprehension of why we do them.... that bothers me....

the 5% is a religion, who broke away from the nation of Islam, i personally dont think muslums are working for the devil, in fact i respect them very much, despite the differences of our religions, BUT i refuse to be subliminally preched to by another religion, i could care less if Alicia Keys practices voo doo, Just dont secretly put that shit in my mind.........

CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 1/7/08
i dont know much about metal or rock

but Maryiln Manson pissing on a Bible & tearing it up is enuff reason to say there something satanic about it

backmessaging, Ozzy Osburne callin himself the Prince of Darkness, others idk do sacrificing of animal at shows & talk about all that other shit........

i dont think its JUST angry music... then again i dont listen to it either
46288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 1/7/08

crasyjak wrote:

i dont know much about metal or rock

but Maryiln Manson pissing on a Bible & tearing it up is enuff reason to say there something satanic about it

backmessaging, Ozzy Osburne callin himself the Prince of Darkness, others idk do sacrificing of animal at shows & talk about all that other shit........

i dont think its JUST angry music... then again i dont listen to it either


That is when you say something is wrong with those people, lol.

Superstar Artist
3501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Ewa Beach, HI
Offline
Posted 1/7/08
You aren't obliged to listen to him. Just like he's not obliged to listen to hip-hop.
Superstar Artist
3501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Ewa Beach, HI
Offline
Posted 1/7/08

crasyjak wrote:


InternationalDramaLover wrote:

I still don't see in the ten commandments that hip hop is evil. Like you said he quoted KRS saying that, so what if he said it, I mean, it is wrong for him to say that when he is working with gospel singers, but anyone could of said what KRS said and does that make them in contact with the devil? He has his opinions and so does everybody else, just opinions. I am not a Heavy Metal fan, makes my ears hurt, some of it does sound crazy and act like they posses or something, but I don't think that is it, I just think Heavy metal lets you express the anger in a real loud way, lol.


Honestly at this point in time i think rap/hip hop and R&B/soul are composed of people of all religious beliefs, i respect the minds of all religions except Direct worshippers of Satan....

GCL believes that if your not worshipping God by default your worshiping Satan... & to a certain extent he is correct

....i think that there are a lot of people just living life the way it has shaped them, & it just so happens that we partake in behaviors in our ignorance and dont know the meaning behind it or the origins

Saggin pants originated in prision as a way to ID the gay prisioners that were basically Prison Bitches who got fucked in the ass, i learn this a yr or so ago, but never really was a heavy pant sagger anyway

The point is we do & sing things without full comprehension of why we do them.... that bothers me....

the 5% is a religion, who broke away from the nation of Islam, i personally dont think muslums are working for the devil, in fact i respect them very much, despite the differences of our religions, BUT i refuse to be subliminally preched to by another religion, i could care less if Alicia Keys practices voo doo, Just dont secretly put that shit in my mind.........



Again, i'm not christian. I'm not religious at all. But the way you put this, it sounds like GCL is saying that I'M a worshipper of Satan because I am not a believer of God by default....Am i right?
If so, then I am seriously pissed off, because it means he's making things out of people who aren't what he says. What about Buddhists who don't believe in a God? Does that make them worshippers of Satan? I don't want to generalize, but maybe a Christian might say, "The Devil has brainwashed you into following his plan" because of what I'm saying here, but when i say i dont follow any religion, it means i don't have anything to do with religion, so that offends me a little.

Being a music producer, singer, and lyricist myself...maybe I'm putting my ideas into your head by putting backwards messages in my music.....???NOT. Seriously, I think GCL is just playing with your mind. Don't fall into his trap. And...don't say i'm already a pawn of Satan either...
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 1/7/08

nolrame wrote:


crasyjak wrote:


InternationalDramaLover wrote:

I still don't see in the ten commandments that hip hop is evil. Like you said he quoted KRS saying that, so what if he said it, I mean, it is wrong for him to say that when he is working with gospel singers, but anyone could of said what KRS said and does that make them in contact with the devil? He has his opinions and so does everybody else, just opinions. I am not a Heavy Metal fan, makes my ears hurt, some of it does sound crazy and act like they posses or something, but I don't think that is it, I just think Heavy metal lets you express the anger in a real loud way, lol.


Honestly at this point in time i think rap/hip hop and R&B/soul are composed of people of all religious beliefs, i respect the minds of all religions except Direct worshippers of Satan....

GCL believes that if your not worshipping God by default your worshiping Satan... & to a certain extent he is correct

....i think that there are a lot of people just living life the way it has shaped them, & it just so happens that we partake in behaviors in our ignorance and dont know the meaning behind it or the origins

Saggin pants originated in prision as a way to ID the gay prisioners that were basically Prison Bitches who got fucked in the ass, i learn this a yr or so ago, but never really was a heavy pant sagger anyway

The point is we do & sing things without full comprehension of why we do them.... that bothers me....

the 5% is a religion, who broke away from the nation of Islam, i personally dont think muslums are working for the devil, in fact i respect them very much, despite the differences of our religions, BUT i refuse to be subliminally preched to by another religion, i could care less if Alicia Keys practices voo doo, Just dont secretly put that shit in my mind.........



Again, i'm not christian. I'm not religious at all. But the way you put this, it sounds like GCL is saying that I'M a worshipper of Satan because I am not a believer of God by default....Am i right?
If so, then I am seriously pissed off, because it means he's making things out of people who aren't what he says. What about Buddhists who don't believe in a God? Does that make them worshippers of Satan? I don't want to generalize, but maybe a Christian might say, "The Devil has brainwashed you into following his plan" because of what I'm saying here, but when i say i dont follow any religion, it means i don't have anything to do with religion, so that offends me a little.

Being a music producer, singer, and lyricist myself...maybe I'm putting my ideas into your head by putting backwards messages in my music.....???NOT. Seriously, I think GCL is just playing with your mind. Don't fall into his trap. And...don't say i'm already a pawn of Satan either...


GCL is a Propaganda precher in my opinion, he says other prominent pastors of basically the same faith are out to kill & have put hits on him....

he exagerates YES

but he also is speaking truth....somewhere in there, as far as the not worshiping God thing... thats the Bible.... Christianity preaches if you dont accept Jesus as your saviour you will go to hell..... i dont wanna be a preacher or nothin to you but it is what it is... u choose what to believe..... Though i can tell you this much, just because somebody says their a Christian dont mean they going to heaven, i know there are plenty of ppl in my old church going to hell.....

My analogy

i guess its like if you bet on a sports game, u bet on the wrong team u lose, u pick the right team you profit, you do nothing u profit nothing.... maybe this isnt a good analogy ?
Superstar Artist
3501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Ewa Beach, HI
Offline
Posted 1/7/08
I guess your analogy hits your points as far as what you believe, but u could add a neutral party to that so that the idea is of people who worship God, people who worship Satan, and people who don't believe in either. That to me would make it more accepting.

Aside from that, nothing he says can change my mind about how i feel about hip-hop and r&b. Music is my life. I grew up around music and loving music. Music is alot of other people's lives whom i know as well. What GCL is teaching is basically trying to put away what we love, and the whole past present and future...everything that came with it. If hip-hop is evil and I'm commiting acts of evil, i might as well be the devil himself...but am I supposed to just sit here and accept that? If what raja said earlier about GCL's childhood is right, than we are exact opposites, which explains a whole lot of why our thoughts, interpretations, and actions are exactly the opposite.

You can believe what you want to, but don't change your mind just because someone else says it's wrong. Right and wrong are purely opinions. If our ancestors grew up killing, than wouldn't killing be viewed as right rather than wrong these days? What you should ask this man is what his beliefs of right and wrong are, and especially for me he needs to come up with a better reason of doing away with hip-hop other than to "chase away the devil".
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 1/7/08

nolrame wrote:

I guess your analogy hits your points as far as what you believe, but u could add a neutral party to that so that the idea is of people who worship God, people who worship Satan, and people who don't believe in either. That to me would make it more accepting.

Aside from that, nothing he says can change my mind about how i feel about hip-hop and r&b. Music is my life. I grew up around music and loving music. Music is alot of other people's lives whom i know as well. What GCL is teaching is basically trying to put away what we love, and the whole past present and future...everything that came with it. If hip-hop is evil and I'm commiting acts of evil, i might as well be the devil himself...but am I supposed to just sit here and accept that? If what raja said earlier about GCL's childhood is right, than we are exact opposites, which explains a whole lot of why our thoughts, interpretations, and actions are exactly the opposite.

You can believe what you want to, but don't change your mind just because someone else says it's wrong. Right and wrong are purely opinions. If our ancestors grew up killing, than wouldn't killing be viewed as right rather than wrong these days? What you should ask this man is what his beliefs of right and wrong are, and especially for me he needs to come up with a better reason of doing away with hip-hop other than to "chase away the devil".


i believe that just becuz u dont worship God, doesnt mean u worship satan DIRECTLY, its more indirectly i suppose.... like i said by default, its a lil hard for me to explain


But eventually i will come to some conclusion, about GCL msg, i just know that music is like my 2nd heart it dictates my moods & is essential to my life as is religion, but my head is slowly becoming less & less confused
Superstar Artist
3501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Ewa Beach, HI
Offline
Posted 1/7/08
LOL what a hard and deep topic this is, huh?
Superstar Artist
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 1/8/08
I still believe his teachings as PURE BS!!!!!!
Backmasking, an audio technique in which sounds are recorded backwards onto a track that is meant to be played forwards, produces messages that sound like gibberish to the conscious mind. Gary Greenwald, a fundamentalist Christian preacher, claims that these messages can be heard subliminally, and can induce listeners towards, in the case of rock music, sex and drug use. However, this is not generally accepted as fact.

And i doubt that Jay-Z rapping "666, murder,murder Jesus" will make me just want to go and just start worshipping the devil......you are still the decision maker of your life.....You know whats right and what's wrong......Rap music hasn't done shit for my life except allow me to dance.......and that's all it is....I don't believe that the artist this man claims does this and that and the other are true!

Now in the article he said that he would not risk his life for money.......to me that's a damn lie....50 cent risked his life on stage for money and Pres. Bush risks his life for money (i.e. oil companies and non-enviromental initiatives)

Some groups have made claims that subliminal messages can be found in various forms of popular entertainment, such as the supposed use of "backward messages" in rock and roll songs.

Many of these purported messages are Satanic; for example, if the Led Zeppelin song "Stairway to Heaven" is played backwards, lyrics including "Oh here's to my sweet Satan" can supposedly be made out.

Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust" is also supposed to contain a pro-marijuana message: "It's fun to smoke marijuana".
Why the hell would Queen put that in their song? Are they even dealing drugs? How would putting certain subliminal messages help to get people to do certain things?
These two messages have not been confirmed by the artists, and have not been proven to exist.

These are the questions I have!
How am i worshipping Satan when i am listening to music? How am i worshipping false idols in Hip-Hop? What are these false idols? Why didn't GCL tell us the name of the song he played backwards by Jay Z? What do you mean by worshipping God by default.....if you pray everyday don't you worship God? What type of music are we supposed to listen to? What if Gospel Music had the same messages in it....?

And last but not least what the message says on the back of the CD.....Read it if you dare and it's a break down of what it meant.....this is what Bone Thugs and Harmony said.......but you know mind you isn't that what gangsta rap was supposed to be............:

In conjunction with the backward Ouija Curse, one can follow the map. The directions are as follows:

"I FOUND MYSELF WITHOUT MORALS WHERE IT ALL BEGAN"
Start at the X. (X marks the spot) It is on S. Eazy Street--Eazy started Bone's career.

"LOOKING ON THE PLACE WHERE WE ALL WANT TO LIVE"
Face Eternal (we all want to live eternally). This could also be interpreted as meaning "we all want to live on easy street", thus you look down S. Eazy Street.

"I STOPPED TO SEE FOREVER NOT WANTING TO SEE WRONG I CONTINUED"
Travel to Eternal (forever), and turn right (opposite of wrong). Symbol here: B.

"I CONTINUED I STOPPED NOT RIGHTLY TO CLAIR MY HEAD FOR A MOMENT"
Stop at St. Clair Street ("clair my head"). Turn left ("not rightly"). Symbol here: 1.

"AND TRAVELED ON THREE WEEKS"
Go up three streets to E.98th Street. Symbol here: D.

"AT THE THIRD WEEK I LOOKED TO MY HEART TO SEE LOVE"
Face left toward the heart symbol on the map. Another interpretation is to face your heart, which in the human body is on the left side.

"AND SO I FOLLOWED SO MANY BATTLES I FOUGHT PAIN IN MY LEFT HAND LOOKING FOR PEACE IN MY RIGHT EXTENDED OUT"
Travel down E.98th Street till you get to Truce Blvd. (peace). Symbol here: E.

"I HAVE WALKED AWAY FROM MY HEART AND CROSSED THE LAST DAY"
Follow up Truce across E.1999 (the last day). You are walking right, which would be away from your heart (which is on your left in your body). Symbol here: M.

"I LOOKED RIGHT INTO THE VALLEY OF EVIL"
Turn right on Valley Blvd. Symbol here: 0.

"AND FOUND THE HOME OF THE BEAST TO NO MY ENEMY"
Go down Valley Blvd until National Ave. (which would be 666th Avenue, and 666 being the sign of the devil, National Ave. would be the home of the beast.) Symbol here: N.

"I HAVE DONE WRONG THROUGH TO THE LAND OF THE HEARTLES"
Turn left (wrong, not right) on National Ave. to the "land of the heartles(s)", which is a term Bone uses for Cleveland, i.e. Cleveland Blvd. Symbol here: R.

"I CAN DO WRONG NO MORE"
Turn right at Cleveland Blvd. (don't do wrong, do right).

"I SEE THE DEVIL AND HE BINDS ME BUT ARENT DEVILS MERELY ANGELS TEARING AWAY YOUR GUILT"
You would see the Devil in his home, Hell. Turn down Heller Drive. Sybmbol here: 4.

"I STOPPED ON THE LAST DAY OF THE LAST MONTH OF THE LAST YEAR"
Travel down to E. 1999 (the last day of the last month of the last year, at least in some Apocalyptic beliefs). Symbol here: 1.

"AGAIN I HAV FOUND MY HEART MY LIFE MUST BE RIGHTEOUS AND A PLACE UNKNOWN SO I CAN REST MY SOUL WHERE IT ALL BEGAN"
Look to your left (your heart is on your left). There is an arrow pointing down to E.98th Street. Travel on to that street, which is also known at Wrightwoods Dr. Wright is a play on words of righteous. There is a ? at the area of the map where you now find yourself: a place unknown. Wright is Eazy-E's real last name (Eric Wright), thus, you rest your soul where it all began, with Eazy-E.

The symbols, in order of appearance, (and excluding the "x" in the beginning) are: B 1 D E M 0 N R 4 1. Each of these letters corresponds to a key on a telephone. The code spells out a phone number, 213-360-6741, which at one time may have greeted callers with a special message.

And as A Side note why they had the ouija board on the album
Behind the CD in the jewel case is an image of the group with an overlay of a circular pattern flanked by skeletal hands in the corners. The image is representative of a Ouija board, with the words "Invoke" and "Suppress" found around the circle and one hand possessing a very long index finger extending into a smaller circle, probably representing the planchette (pointer) used in spelling out words on a Ouija board. Written along the left and right folds of this insert (one what is the opposite side of the long, thin edge of the CD where the album name and artist are usually printed) are the following: "Don't Give Props To The Devil" (left) and "Believe in the Last Day" (right). This style of hidden text is repeated on Eazy-E's posthumous album, Str8 Off Tha Muthaphuckin Streets of Compton, which bears the phrases: "Thou shalt not kill" and "You find yourself without morals."

Enjoy this .............I'll pray over you!
Superstar Artist
12460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M
Offline
Posted 1/8/08
I don't even want to waste my time watching this guy.

He must've forgot how Hip Hop even started.

That is all made from the hate of Hip Hop.

He can do all the homework he wants, but he should make sure to do it from ALL perspectives.

(sigh)
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 1/8/08

And i doubt that Jay-Z rapping "666, murder,murder Jesus" will make me just want to go and just start worshipping the devil......you are still the decision maker of your life.....You know whats right and what's wrong......Rap music hasn't done shit for my life except allow me to dance.......and that's all it is....I don't believe that the artist this man claims does this and that and the other are true!

Why didn't GCL tell us the name of the song he played backwards by Jay Z?


Well if i havent already mentioned Jay-Z didnt do that it was DJ Dangermouse, & the it was on the Grey Album, when played forward it WAS gibbersh, & the song is called Lucifer.... many of my friends have said that this isnt real, but idk


Now in the article he said that he would not risk his life for money.......to me that's a damn lie....50 cent risked his life on stage for money and Pres. Bush risks his life for money (i.e. oil companies and non-enviromental initiatives)


Would you skydive outta an airplane for $5,000 - Yes
Would you roll up on a group of lions in the wild & tryta beat them with a big stick - HELL NO


Some groups have made claims that subliminal messages can be found in various forms of popular entertainment, such as the supposed use of "backward messages" in rock and roll songs.

Many of these purported messages are Satanic; for example, if the Led Zeppelin song "Stairway to Heaven" is played backwards, lyrics including "Oh here's to my sweet Satan" can supposedly be made out.


it has been proven that the brain is able to subconciously decipher subliminal messages, in music & in visual media, & It Proven that Music is one of the only things that can enter both hemispheres of your brain .... becuz its resistant to certain brainwaves or something

i know youve seen the: If you can raed tihs, study, - you cant possibly convince me that our minds can decipher subliminal msgs, We only use about 10% of our brains anyway so whats the rest doing?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------============================================================
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


How am i worshipping Satan when i am listening to music?


1. it depends on the condition of your heart, but pleaz understand You can worship God & Satan indirectly,

ex. Stopping to help a disabled motorist is way to worship God by showing love & compassion toward others

ex. Any type of sin we comitt is an indirect way of worshiping Satan

Dont take the meaning of "worship" so literall, its not the same meaning of worship as sacrificing animals & going to church


How am i worshipping false idols in Hip-Hop? What are these false idols?


Honestly you may not be, an Idol is any person or thing (from the gods of ancient greece to your brand new mercedes...i wish lol) an idol is something that you love equally or more than God, in other words -- i like Lil Wayne but if he started a religion i would have to say that nigga is crazy



What do you mean by worshipping God by default.....if you pray everyday don't you worship God?


Pretty much theres Good & Evil only the 2 exist in the afterlife, on Earth there is inbetween, in fact i think Earth is a form of purgatory... but thats just me thinking
If you pray that is worshiping God, but i pray & go to church etc, but i commit sin everyday sometimes without knowing or thinking


What type of music are we supposed to listen to? What if Gospel Music had the same messages in it....?


Listen to wat you want, youre an adult with free will, if Gospel has backmessages in it then i havent heard them, but most churches i have been to SING & play insturments LIVE, so.... thats unlikely

hope ive help u somewhat
Superstar Artist
12460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M
Offline
Posted 1/8/08
He has indeed done his homework, BUT......

He showed ignorance when calling Hezekiah Walker a "fag".

I don't know if I can listen to a man who's willing to downgrade someone like that in such a public and immature manner.

My thoughts on Hip Hop have NOT changed.


His words against them are NOT of God.
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 1/8/08

Marcell2aG wrote:

He has indeed done his homework, BUT......

He showed ignorance when calling Hezekiah Walker a "fag".



I agree thats why im hesistant to fully believe him & in the article hes says he believes T D Jakes has put a contract out on him........ >_>

He admits to growing up with Kirk Franklin but say what hes doing (taking gospel into mainstream & more attractive for younger generations) is wrong

Hes also overly critical of Yolanda Adams for pretty much the same reason

He also critizes christian hip hop, which is utterly stupid

GC Lewis is ignorantly wrong for all of that... regardless of what i think of him personally beneath all the bullshit i believe he's on to something
Superstar Artist
12460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M
Offline
Posted 1/8/08

crasyjak wrote:


Marcell2aG wrote:

He has indeed done his homework, BUT......

He showed ignorance when calling Hezekiah Walker a "fag".



I agree thats why im hesistant to fully believe him & in the article hes says he believes T D Jakes has put a contract out on him........ >_>

He admits to growing up with Kirk Franklin but say what hes doing (taking gospel into mainstream & more attractive for younger generations) is wrong

Hes also overly critical of Yolanda Adams for pretty much the same reason

He also critizes christian hip hop, which is utterly stupid

GC Lewis is ignorantly wrong for all of that... regardless of what i think of him personally beneath all the bullshit i believe he's on to something



Exactly.

Something about him isn't right at all.

Those who follow his cause are JUST AS foolish as he is.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.