First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Do you hate god?
Posted 1/6/08 , edited 4/18/08
no..i believe in god..period.
950 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / San Antonio, Texas
Offline
Posted 1/6/08 , edited 4/18/08
No I don't. I don't blame it for my misfortunes at all. I can usually see all the shit before it happens because I know the consequences of things before I do them. A large majority of people who hate God or w/e are idiots that can't see the consequences in many things however, there are those that just hate It because their life sucks. w/e I feel like I have control of my choices and if something happens its just life.
So in short, no.
2955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / some place
Offline
Posted 1/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

macphapie wrote:


chrisbad726 wrote:


macphapie wrote:

wait a minute...if God can do anything why wont he just remove all evil things so we can all be happy?..dont tell me he wants those devils to reconcile with him?!


its what Christians call "free will". God gave us free will to do anything we want


isn't it when eve ate the forbidden fruit that we had free will?..so basically God did not gave us but we took it on our own.



in the Bible eve was tempted by the devil to eat the apple, but you could be right. fyi I'm a Catholic but i don't have a strong belief in it like other people do.
10033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Menzoberranzan
Offline
Posted 1/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

chrisbad726 wrote:


magnus102 wrote:


Apothem wrote:

I'm an Atheist so i don't believe in any type of god. Why would I hate something that dose not exist?


Well I hate the concept of god because even though hes not real religious people do su much dumb shit in the name of Gawd


talk about the crusades.


The crusades were undertaken by the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. No affiliation with Christianity, so your comment their bothers me very little....Actually, not at all.

Cute try, though.
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 1/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

projectcedric wrote:


MEMPHADON wrote:

"The gods can either take away evil from the world and will not, or, being willing to do so, cannot; or they neither can nor will, or lastly, they are both able and willing. If they have the will to remove evil and cannot, then they are not omnipotent. If they can, but will not, than they are not benevolent. If they are neither able nor willing, then they are neither omnipotent nor benevolent. Lastly, if they are both able and willing to annihilate evil, how does it exist?"


You believe in the idea of multiple gods and then question their omnipotence? What kind of thinking is this?


polytheistic gods aren't omnipotent. they are only personifications of natural events. they are in no way described as omnipotent or all powerful
2955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / some place
Offline
Posted 1/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

Geshnurpla wrote:


chrisbad726 wrote:


magnus102 wrote:


Apothem wrote:

I'm an Atheist so i don't believe in any type of god. Why would I hate something that dose not exist?


Well I hate the concept of god because even though hes not real religious people do su much dumb shit in the name of Gawd


talk about the crusades.


The crusades were undertaken by the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. No affiliation with Christianity, so your comment their bothers me very little....Actually, not at all.

Cute try, though.


yeah your right sorry.
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Nashville, Tn
Offline
Posted 1/6/08 , edited 4/18/08
well, i dont hate god..please dont take anything i say personally..
u respected ur thoughts n opinions on my religion...
an didnt take all the trash talk, and discriminate on mine....so
repect mine...please
okey...well, i dont hate him...i just hate how the bible stated that
"if you dont believe in god then you go to hell."
well, f that is true than almost 3/4 of human race is going to hell.
and be put to punish if we believe in wat we believe.
and how thats there's only black and white no other color.
its either ur going to heaven or ur going to hell
depending on if u believe or not...

no offense to the christians but
i think that the bible was made by the government
to keep everyone under control...
i really dont believe in an invisible person up there...
who died for us to wash all our sins away..
and tell us he loves us...
and then if we dont believe
he sends us to the horrible place such as HELL.

and about Adam n Eve thingy...
they were the first to ppl created
then arent we all related...?
if so then that proves the incest thingy was wrong
....

end of my opinions, and if it offended anybody. i am sincerely sorry... there's no wrong in giving onpinion and speaking our minds and sharing our thoughts
2923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

magnus102 wrote:


projectcedric wrote:


magnus102 wrote:

I was bored and made a thread for the freethinkers here since the Christians have their own thread. I mean we all love anime and Japan is very secular. We should all want to emulate the birthplace of anime right ?This is in the same vein only you know for people that are not religious. I find religion to be funny I mean all those crazy nuts like Pat Robertson. Its hilarious! If you hate religion or want to "save us" post your thoughts on atheism/agnosticism here. Its awesome to be able to post this since pretend to "Praise Gawd" in real life since I live in the south.


This is NOT a freethinker/agnosticism thread. A freethinker is neutral. He doesn't admit anything to be true, existence or non-existence of a God, because he admits he doesn't know. A agnostic is one who believe in the idea of a Supreme Being or God but does not follow any one major religion.

What this thread is, is a 100% hardcore atheism, which believes that there is no God. Do not put us agnostics under the same category as you hateful atheists.

Wrong. Agnosticsm is the belief that we can not know if there is a god or not. So I am an atheist and an agnostic since I admit we cannot know if god is real but do not believe in one due to lack of evidence. Also freethinker is a term they use to lump us no religious people together


I misdefined agnosticsm, my bad. But you cannot be an atheist and an agnostic at the same time. Its either you admit that you dont know or you believe that there is no supreme deity. Choose.

66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Nashville, Tn
Offline
Posted 1/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

magnus102 wrote:


projectcedric wrote:


magnus102 wrote:

I was bored and made a thread for the freethinkers here since the Christians have their own thread. I mean we all love anime and Japan is very secular. We should all want to emulate the birthplace of anime right ?This is in the same vein only you know for people that are not religious. I find religion to be funny I mean all those crazy nuts like Pat Robertson. Its hilarious! If you hate religion or want to "save us" post your thoughts on atheism/agnosticism here. Its awesome to be able to post this since pretend to "Praise Gawd" in real life since I live in the south.


This is NOT a freethinker/agnosticism thread. A freethinker is neutral. He doesn't admit anything to be true, existence or non-existence of a God, because he admits he doesn't know. A agnostic is one who believe in the idea of a Supreme Being or God but does not follow any one major religion.

What this thread is, is a 100% hardcore atheism, which believes that there is no God. Do not put us agnostics under the same category as you hateful atheists.

Wrong. Agnosticsm is the belief that we can not know if there is a god or not. So I am an atheist and an agnostic since I admit we cannot know if god is real but do not believe in one due to lack of evidence. Also freethinker is a term they use to lump us no religious people together


agnostic- when you believe in whatever...
atheist- when you hate religions
706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dublin, Ireland
Offline
Posted 1/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

Geshnurpla wrote:

Alright, I'll make a thread called:

"Do You hate Atheists?" Then we'll call it even.

Ignorance...typical, man.


Idiocy! Typical Christian.
4769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

Ashamaru wrote:


Geshnurpla wrote:

Alright, I'll make a thread called:

"Do You hate Atheists?" Then we'll call it even.

Ignorance...typical, man.


Idiocy! Typical Christian.


AMEN!!!!!!!!!!
1902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / most likely in bed.
Offline
Posted 1/6/08 , edited 4/18/08
Maybe I'm a bit slow but this Thread is about people who hate something that doesn't exist? What is it exactly that you hate? the idea/concept? religion? religious people?Or is it just anything that has anything to do with the belief in higher being.
To answer your question, I don't hate God but as I grow older I start to dislike organised religion.
706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dublin, Ireland
Offline
Posted 1/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

cookies_n_coke wrote:


magnus102 wrote:


projectcedric wrote:


magnus102 wrote:

I was bored and made a thread for the freethinkers here since the Christians have their own thread. I mean we all love anime and Japan is very secular. We should all want to emulate the birthplace of anime right ?This is in the same vein only you know for people that are not religious. I find religion to be funny I mean all those crazy nuts like Pat Robertson. Its hilarious! If you hate religion or want to "save us" post your thoughts on atheism/agnosticism here. Its awesome to be able to post this since pretend to "Praise Gawd" in real life since I live in the south.


This is NOT a freethinker/agnosticism thread. A freethinker is neutral. He doesn't admit anything to be true, existence or non-existence of a God, because he admits he doesn't know. A agnostic is one who believe in the idea of a Supreme Being or God but does not follow any one major religion.

What this thread is, is a 100% hardcore atheism, which believes that there is no God. Do not put us agnostics under the same category as you hateful atheists.

Wrong. Agnosticsm is the belief that we can not know if there is a god or not. So I am an atheist and an agnostic since I admit we cannot know if god is real but do not believe in one due to lack of evidence. Also freethinker is a term they use to lump us no religious people together


agnostic- when you believe in whatever...
atheist- when you hate religions


FAIL!!!

Agnostic- You believe in the possibility of God or a higher power.
Atheist- You do not believe in any higher power what so ever.
2923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

MEMPHADON wrote:


projectcedric wrote:


MEMPHADON wrote:

"The gods can either take away evil from the world and will not, or, being willing to do so, cannot; or they neither can nor will, or lastly, they are both able and willing. If they have the will to remove evil and cannot, then they are not omnipotent. If they can, but will not, than they are not benevolent. If they are neither able nor willing, then they are neither omnipotent nor benevolent. Lastly, if they are both able and willing to annihilate evil, how does it exist?"


You believe in the idea of multiple gods and then question their omnipotence? What kind of thinking is this?


polytheistic gods aren't omnipotent. they are only personifications of natural events. they are in no way described as omnipotent or all powerful


Then why are were you questioning their omnipotence? If you already put a parameter that there is more than one god, omnipotence is already out of the question.
10033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Menzoberranzan
Offline
Posted 1/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

cookies_n_coke wrote:

well, i dont hate god..please dont take anything i say personally..
u respected ur thoughts n opinions on my religion...
an didnt take all the trash talk, and discriminate on mine....so
repect mine...please
okey...well, i dont hate him...i just hate how the bible stated that
"if you dont believe in god then you go to hell."
well, f that is true than almost 3/4 of human race is going to hell.
and be put to punish if we believe in wat we believe.
and how thats there's only black and white no other color.
its either ur going to heaven or ur going to hell
depending on if u believe or not...

no offense to the christians but
i think that the bible was made by the government
to keep everyone under control...
i really dont believe in an invisible person up there...
who died for us to wash all our sins away..
and tell us he loves us...
and then if we dont believe
he sends us to the horrible place such as HELL.

and about Adam n Eve thingy...
they were the first to ppl created
then arent we all related...?
if so then that proves the incest thingy was wrong
....

end of my opinions, and if it offended anybody. i am sincerely sorry... there's no wrong in giving onpinion and speaking our minds and sharing our thoughts


The only problem I have with that is the government part. Christianity is one of the few religions with little to no bearing on the government. Although, I would wish it otherwise. Furthermore, at the time and place Christianity started it was an extremely controversial idea. In fact, even the Roman's (rulers of Israel at that time) had their own religion and didn't much care for Christianity. The facts just don't add up.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.