First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Asian Girl White Guy/ White Girl Asian Guy Dating
Posted 8/6/10
you know not all fat ugly white men need to go some where far away and they don't need to have lots of American money to get a girl it's called having a personality and this is shallow I'm going to say that now but to many Asian women follow stupid fads and trends aka dating white men or women or black men or black women or any other race out side of the Asian gene pool just because it's trendy
4377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Dream Land
Offline
Posted 8/6/10
Everyone of every race has their own preference. You can`t really say one race likes a certain one more, because you can`t have possibly witness every dating couple in the world.
34454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 8/6/10
Ye I have noticed that quite a lot now :O but I don't think its bad at all, I think its cool. Slowly killing racism, by being a mixed race.
7290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / bang
Offline
Posted 8/6/10
Who watched Yellow Fever?
I bet TS did. =/
19176 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Western Massachus...
Offline
Posted 8/6/10
I only have one 'Asian' couple under my friends. The others are all half and half! Asian/White, Asian/Black...
I myself am a quarter Japanese, engaged to a Japanese guy.
Most couples I know are biracial!!!
I don't think it is a fashion thing! Parents push less to get married within your race. It is more widely accepted in our society.
My fiance comes from a very traditional family, and at first we thought they would give us a hard time because of my racial background...
But even they had no problems after meeting me!
(Only condition was that we are to be married in Japan and that his Mom is going to live with us for 3 months after the marriage, Something I don't understand since we been living together for over 2 years )
Maybe it started out as a fashion thing, but it is way past that now
1043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 8/6/10
mixed races ftw!
4151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Outside your window
Offline
Posted 8/6/10


This people, is called generalization. Which makes the point invalid. As another person said, you're not looking at all asians. You'r looking at either Asians you know, or presume to know. Or from personal experience.

Its down to personal preference. I do not find Black women attractive, or have yet to find one that is. This does not mean that they are un-attractive or whatever, they just don't appeal to me.
4151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Outside your window
Offline
Posted 8/6/10 , edited 8/6/10


Im presuming this "You get so much girls" is a concept of getting laid on multipul occasions with one or more persons. (Presuming its nothing to do with an actual relationship.) Over here we call them slappers, slags. Etc.

You'll find them in many countries.

And ofcourse, not everyone who is "looking to fill their needs" is anything of the above. Made the comment based on the quote above.
14220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Norway
Offline
Posted 8/6/10

animeluver_22 wrote:

I heard of this.
Personally, I want to date an Asian.
I just find that I have so much more in common with them.


agreed! (=^_^=) and they are hot! lol
71569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / So Cali, OC
Offline
Posted 8/6/10


You are right I am not looking at "all asians" but you have to judge from my experience and my back ground weather if I am making a valid point or not. I was born in Taiwan and move to Iowa when I was 4, so when I was growing up I admit I was very white washed. To me I felt like a white person since all my friends were white there were very few Asian people where I grew up. I move out to California in my teens and from there I live in Shanghai in my early-mid 20's. Everything i say is based off my experience living in 3 different environments in 3 very different cultural back ground but one thing that always bothered me was the way Asian girls treat their own race as appose to what other would treat their own.




The point was trying to make is not about getting "laid" its the fact that many Asian girls have a mind set of "western superiority" in their minds which is very degrading being a Asian man. It feels almost like being a 2nd class. When I was living in Shanghai I noticed a lot of the Chinese natives really frown down upon white man/ Asian girl and to some they wont even talk or offer any services to women who do. Its usually the younger generation which are more accepting of this but to a lot of the older generation they feel like their culture has been compromised.




This is what I mean by white girls are more accepting of Asian men

1355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 8/8/10
who gices a fuck its not a rce thing its individuals. like really and i dont see white girls with asian dudes unless theyre the little nerdy i love everyrthing asian thing. which is almost like a fetich if you look at it.
1142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / PLACES
Offline
Posted 8/10/10 , edited 8/10/10

Rina-San wrote:

I didn't know skin colour was "fashionable" in dating.

If I like them, I date them. If they happen to be Asian then whatever. Am dating because I like them not because they are Asian.



110%. Very much so.

As I said in another thread - Northeast Asian women are the 'it' thing right now (though their popularity is beginning to wane in favor of Middle-Eastern - particularly Iranian - and Indian girls). They have the stereotype of being super sweet ladies that do anything that you want for them to do. (Which I have often dealt with the exact opposite - I dealt with some crazy, insane Japanese girls when I was on homestay in Japan) and are continually marketed by our media (yes, marketed) as the dream girl that you want to sleep with when the white girls are being too 'feminist' and aren't being subservient enough, and second only to white women as marriage material because they're so 'sweet and docile and will never question what the man does.' Notice how South Asian women (Filipinas and Cambodians) aren't considered as beautiful as Japanese, Chinese and Korean women. It's very much so fashionable to date a certain race. For men, having an East Asian woman on their arm, right now, is a trophy.

There are also a fair amount of Asian women that will only date white men. My former roommate is one of those. She claims that white men are more romantic, they're easier to figure out, they tend to be larger size-wise (which I've actually found is BS), they treat her like a queen, etc. She's also one of those geniuses that conflates 'Western' and 'American' with white and has been brainwashed to believe that anything that isn't white is the other.

People in this thread go on and on about 'I have more in common with Asian people.' You actually don't have much in common with all of them at all - it's a generalization to say that you have more in common with Asian people. A lot of Japanese women after a certain age aren't into manga and anime anymore. There are those that aren't into the boy groups (which I found is more common with teenagers, rather than collegiate-aged Japanese women) and all the stuff that the people on the forum are into.

That, and most of the morons in here conflate race with CULTURE, which are two totally different things.

Asian women were in their prime for dating up until recently - largely because too many Americans are on a mission to 'protect' and 'liberate' women in Islamic countries, and now they're being sold as exotic and beautiful (largely due to the fame of the Kardashian sisters) and the 'newest' thing with dating.

Also, I've actually found that most white girls who are into Asian guys have some interest in Asian culture. Asian guys have it only a little bit better than black women in terms of dating, and that's because East Asian cultures are popular right now. Notice how in the 80s, it wasn't entirely easy for Asian Men to get dates because they had to contend with the then-popular 'Long Duk Dong' stereotype. Now there are Animes and Dramas, and people are starting to notice Asian men a few more - though generally only people in those fandoms. Outside of these fandoms, Asian men are usually seen as being too feminine. (With black women seen as being too masculine)

Believe me, preferences/prejudices do not come in a vacuum. If that were the case, more people would be huge on the 'I would date anyone, regardless of race' bandwagon.

Grash - you're full of crap. You just called one person out on making a generalization, yet you claim that you don't find black women attractive to you? You do realize that you ALSO have just generalized an entire race yourself.
71569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / So Cali, OC
Offline
Posted 8/10/10

angrierchick wrote:


Rina-San wrote:

I didn't know skin colour was "fashionable" in dating.

If I like them, I date them. If they happen to be Asian then whatever. Am dating because I like them not because they are Asian.



110%. Very much so.

As I said in another thread - Northeast Asian women are the 'it' thing right now (though their popularity is beginning to wane in favor of Middle-Eastern - particularly Iranian - and Indian girls). They have the stereotype of being super sweet ladies that do anything that you want for them to do. (Which I have often dealt with the exact opposite - I dealt with some crazy, insane Japanese girls when I was on homestay in Japan) and are continually marketed by our media (yes, marketed) as the dream girl that you want to sleep with when the white girls are being too 'feminist' and aren't being subservient enough, and second only to white women as marriage material because they're so 'sweet and docile and will never question what the man does.' Notice how South Asian women (Filipinas and Cambodians) aren't considered as beautiful as Japanese, Chinese and Korean women. It's very much so fashionable to date a certain race. For men, having an East Asian woman on their arm, right now, is a trophy.

There are also a fair amount of Asian women that will only date white men. My former roommate is one of those. She claims that white men are more romantic, they're easier to figure out, they tend to be larger size-wise (which I've actually found is BS), they treat her like a queen, etc. She's also one of those geniuses that conflates 'Western' and 'American' with white and has been brainwashed to believe that anything that isn't white is the other.

People in this thread go on and on about 'I have more in common with Asian people.' You actually don't have much in common with all of them at all - it's a generalization to say that you have more in common with Asian people. A lot of Japanese women after a certain age aren't into manga and anime anymore. There are those that aren't into the boy groups (which I found is more common with teenagers, rather than collegiate-aged Japanese women) and all the stuff that the people on the forum are into.

That, and most of the morons in here conflate race with CULTURE, which are two totally different things.

Asian women were in their prime for dating up until recently - largely because too many Americans are on a mission to 'protect' and 'liberate' women in Islamic countries, and now they're being sold as exotic and beautiful (largely due to the fame of the Kardashian sisters) and the 'newest' thing with dating.

Also, I've actually found that most white girls who are into Asian guys have some interest in Asian culture. Asian guys have it only a little bit better than black women in terms of dating, and that's because East Asian cultures are popular right now. Notice how in the 80s, it wasn't entirely easy for Asian Men to get dates because they had to contend with the then-popular 'Long Duk Dong' stereotype. Now there are Animes and Dramas, and people are starting to notice Asian men a few more - though generally only people in those fandoms. Outside of these fandoms, Asian men are usually seen as being too feminine. (With black women seen as being too masculine)

Believe me, preferences/prejudices do not come in a vacuum. If that were the case, more people would be huge on the 'I would date anyone, regardless of race' bandwagon.

Grash - you're full of crap. You just called one person out on making a generalization, yet you claim that you don't find black women attractive to you? You do realize that you ALSO have just generalized an entire race yourself.



Soo true... The media generates a dating stereotype most people don't even realize it.

10817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Wales, UK
Offline
Posted 8/10/10 , edited 8/10/10
gosh mannnnnn!!!!
I've learned a lot reading some of these comments... when u date someone u don't date them because of what race the are lol...
i thought when ur going out with someone your supposed to like them for who they are as a person.. where does race come into it???
well that how it is for me anyway...
i would hate for someone to date be because of my race.. im a mix anyway lol
dad - south African
mother - French Caribbean
grandma - Caribbean
1142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / PLACES
Offline
Posted 8/10/10

gabsgobygab wrote:

gosh mannnnnn!!!!
I've learned a lot reading some of these comments... when u date someone u don't date them because of what race the are lol...
i thought when ur going out with someone your supposed to like them for who they are as a person.. where does race come into it???
well that how it is for me anyway...
i would hate for someone to date be because of my race.. im a mix anyway lol
dad - south African
mother - French Caribbean
grandma - Caribbean


That's something that they tell people to make them feel better. Not many people actually date others that they like as a person - they become friends with them.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.