First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Do you want to do manga as a job!
62 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Patra
Offline
Posted 1/14/11

Hiibird wrote:


athanasoula wrote:

well, that's my goal in life. To become an mangaka. Right now i'm making a 50 chapter manga named WitchCraft.



:O
PRO


Well, i still can't do movements well and some time i screw it all up. that didn't had much movement so it was easy.
But thanks anyway
3064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Pilipinas
Offline
Posted 1/15/11
back then when I knew very little about it... I was like heck I want to!... but after reading Bakuman and assuming its close to reality... ehhh... leave it to the experts...
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Unknown
Offline
Posted 1/15/11

athanasoula wrote:


Hiibird wrote:


athanasoula wrote:

well, that's my goal in life. To become an mangaka. Right now i'm making a 50 chapter manga named WitchCraft.



:O
PRO


Well, i still can't do movements well and some time i screw it all up. that didn't had much movement so it was easy.
But thanks anyway


I can't do reactions well. And movement too... ... I just don't see how people show you what the character's movements are in a battle =_=
1241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Beautiful British...
Offline
Posted 1/16/11 , edited 1/16/11
HECKS YES.

But it doesn't pay as well as many other jobs in real life, and its a risky profession; you have to have lots of positive attributes to really make it (ex. talent, perseverance, passion, and LUCK.), or else your entire life is pretty much screwed... ;_;
1639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Right Behind You!!!!
Offline
Posted 1/17/11
It's kinda like acting. Only the small percentage make it big, while the rest are working for small companies or working as a supporter.
96 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / South Kackalacky
Offline
Posted 1/17/11 , edited 1/17/11
Must resist temptation to troll. Instead, I shall explain why becoming a comic artist is an extremely uncertain and difficult job.

1) I know some of you young/aspiring artists might not think so, but you DO have to learn something about the basics of art before you just start drawing manga. What makes good talent great is a solid reinforcement of artistic background. If you're serious about it, go buy some books on anatomy, study up on color theory and perspective. Or better yet, go to school! And don't knock the classic stuff.

2) Even if you are a wonderful artist and you have all the experience neccessary, you have to have an almost unbreakable work ethic to actually go through with making a comic. As an artist (not claiming I'm a professional, but in my experience), I can't even muster the effort to go through with a whole comic. I'm a fast worker, but at an hour or more per page, for a 10-25 page chapter? With deadlines? No thank you, I'll stick with my stand-alone illustrations and character design commissions.

3) Ever heard the starving artist stereotype? That could be you faster than you think. In order to even get picked up by a publisher, you have to be able to convey your ideas effectively and persuasively in a pitch. Pitches usually contain a synopsis, character bios and information, sample art and pages. And you know what? A lot of the time your ideas won't be good enough. And even if it is; you really won't be paid much for what you're doing. Newcoming manga artists in Japan make about 1,000 yen per page. That's about $12 USD.

4) You are not the best artist in the world. No matter how good you are, there will always be someone better and there will always be things for you to improve upon. This is a good mindset to have. Be humble and be ready for defeat. Nobody has any obligation to you to treat you like you're special. You have to earn the respect of those around you in order to be a successful artist.

EDIT: Also; it is doubtful you will ever actually move to Japan and be a manga-ka. It is a very expensive place to live and they do not take very kindly to foreigners.
62 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Patra
Offline
Posted 1/18/11

Hiibird wrote:


athanasoula wrote:


Hiibird wrote:


athanasoula wrote:

well, that's my goal in life. To become an mangaka. Right now i'm making a 50 chapter manga named WitchCraft.



:O
PRO


Well, i still can't do movements well and some time i screw it all up. that didn't had much movement so it was easy.
But thanks anyway


I can't do reactions well. And movement too... ... I just don't see how people show you what the character's movements are in a battle =_=



Well, in my manga series i intend to make the characters movements to show(backflips, karate movements ect.) That's why i told you that i can't do movements well, 'Cause i' m still an emature!!!
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Unknown
Offline
Posted 1/18/11

athanasoula wrote:


Hiibird wrote:


athanasoula wrote:


Hiibird wrote:


athanasoula wrote:

well, that's my goal in life. To become an mangaka. Right now i'm making a 50 chapter manga named WitchCraft.



:O
PRO


Well, i still can't do movements well and some time i screw it all up. that didn't had much movement so it was easy.
But thanks anyway


I can't do reactions well. And movement too... ... I just don't see how people show you what the character's movements are in a battle =_=



Well, in my manga series i intend to make the characters movements to show(backflips, karate movements ect.) That's why i told you that i can't do movements well, 'Cause i' m still an emature!!!


Ur not the only one
cough cough
<-------------------------------------------------------------there is one right here
32177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Finland- The Cave...
Offline
Posted 1/18/11 , edited 1/18/11
IF, the only talent I am lacking wouldn't have been art, I'd change the entire industry.

Seriously, I am ambidexterious, got near genious level IQ, my body recovers from fatique in athlete rates although I don't exercise, I don't get stuck with fat although I eat like a pig, I remember almost everything I see and hear, I can read people's gestures like open book, I can sing and dance and am overally the god damn epitome of "jack of all trades". Literally.

Hell even my old school mates who used to play DnD said they can't imagine me with any other class than "bard" as I am so damn versatile.

EXEPT

I can't bloody draw.

I just can't, I can imagine the most glamorous settings in my head, colors and stories that would make most artists cry, but I can't paint or draw well no matter how I try >.<

And its the only damn thing in my life I ever wanted to do well.



So I cheer for you guys, if you can draw keep at it and go for the manga artist's dream. I can't do it, you can ^^
62 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Patra
Offline
Posted 1/19/11

Hiibird wrote:


athanasoula wrote:


Hiibird wrote:


athanasoula wrote:


Hiibird wrote:


athanasoula wrote:

well, that's my goal in life. To become an mangaka. Right now i'm making a 50 chapter manga named WitchCraft.



:O
PRO


Well, i still can't do movements well and some time i screw it all up. that didn't had much movement so it was easy.
But thanks anyway


I can't do reactions well. And movement too... ... I just don't see how people show you what the character's movements are in a battle =_=



Well, in my manga series i intend to make the characters movements to show(backflips, karate movements ect.) That's why i told you that i can't do movements well, 'Cause i' m still an emature!!!


Ur not the only one
cough cough
<-------------------------------------------------------------there is one right here



What's your manga called? Do you have pictures for uploading? I really want to see it!!!!!
62 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Patra
Offline
Posted 1/19/11

Doomdancer wrote:

IF, the only talent I am lacking wouldn't have been art, I'd change the entire industry.

Seriously, I am ambidexterious, got near genious level IQ, my body recovers from fatique in athlete rates although I don't exercise, I don't get stuck with fat although I eat like a pig, I remember almost everything I see and hear, I can read people's gestures like open book, I can sing and dance and am overally the god damn epitome of "jack of all trades". Literally.

Hell even my old school mates who used to play DnD said they can't imagine me with any other class than "bard" as I am so damn versatile.

EXEPT

I can't bloody draw.

I just can't, I can imagine the most glamorous settings in my head, colors and stories that would make most artists cry, but I can't paint or draw well no matter how I try >.<

And its the only damn thing in my life I ever wanted to do well.



So I cheer for you guys, if you can draw keep at it and go for the manga artist's dream. I can't do it, you can ^^




KEEP TRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They say that practise makes perfect!!!!!! Even me, six years ago, couldn't draw very well. But now i'm able to draw more good than six years ago!!!!!!!!!!
3354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Laval, Quebec
Offline
Posted 1/19/11
Yes!!!!! That's my dream I'll DO ARTS!!!!!!!!!! but ill not write...
1043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Las Noches
Offline
Posted 1/19/11
noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
6202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In another world....
Offline
Posted 1/22/11
OF course i want to be a manga artiest >o< like thats my dream thing XDD
Posted 1/25/11
i would but .....its only possible if your in japan
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.