First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
A.C.T.A. internet censorship copywrite law READ!!!!!!!!!11111111
5137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAA...
Offline
Posted 8/6/10 , edited 8/6/10
It is time again to stand up and fight for our Internets.


At first, China's internet got censored. We laughed.
Australia was next. We laughed too.
Now, it is our turn. USA, Canada, Europe, Mexico. We are all affected.

ACTA allows them to block websites deemed "unacceptable". This means 4chan.
ACTA allows them to search your iPods and computers at random, without reason.
ACTA allows them to confiscate your iPods and computers without reason.
ACTA will ban p2p clients, like uTorrent
ACTA will allow ISPs to PERMANENTLY Ban you from using the internet, without a trial.
ACTA will allow ISPs to spy upon what you do online.

Set aside our differences for a second. Set aside our stereotypes and cynical attitude.
Think. If ACTA is passed, who's to say that we will not suffer?
Who's to say that 4chan will be spared in the mass crusade against free thought?
Internet censorship must be stopped. Before it's too late.


We must stop this


http://n0v4.com/irc.web.php?channel=antiactaplanning

tl;dr: ****ING READ IT
5137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAA...
Offline
Posted 8/6/10
bumpu
11313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/6/10
Such a law as internet censorship won't pass, at least not in the United States. The government benefits too much from some of the things that are being done over the internet and such a law is highly unlikely to ever pass without hardcore support and much convincing and even then the law would not be stable due to the amounts of petitioning, law cases, etc.
7313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 8/6/10
I don't get it O_O;;
Posted 8/6/10
I don't believe that law will pass in America. Our country benifits too much from the internet, besides, it would be pretty hypocritical, since it would be going againts the First Amendment.
Posted 8/6/10

LosingOrbit wrote:

I don't believe that law will pass in America. Our country benefits too much from the internet, besides, it would be pretty hypocritical, since it would be going against the First Amendment.


it wouldn't surprise me if did though, most politicians do not care about the constitution anymore all they care about is full filling their own agenda to appease the masses and win votes. Look at repbulicans that want to repeal the 14th amendment. All i can say is row row fight da powha. That's the meaning of that song in the 1st place, fight back agiasnt tyranny and oppression.
10694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/6/10
i doubt this will get passed in america. the ACLU would go bananas over this since it would strike down the precedent set by Reno v. ACLU which ruled that the internet is protected by the free speech provision of the first amendment.
Posted 8/6/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:

I don't believe that law will pass in America. Our country benefits too much from the internet, besides, it would be pretty hypocritical, since it would be going against the First Amendment.


it wouldn't surprise me if did though, most politicians do not care about the constitution anymore all they care about is full filling their own agenda to appease the masses and win votes. Look at repbulicans that want to repeal the 14th amendment. All i can say is row row fight da powha. That's the meaning of that song in the 1st place, fight back agiasnt tyranny and oppression.


Yet democrates are the ones trying to go around the constitution and "re-interpret everything". The power isn't 1 party. It's the whole lot of the supposed "Lawmakers" that are screwing us up.
738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/6/10
man.... what they're really want....?
that law will create more jobs?
but it is an unecessary position
hire people to watch us....
they really think that will make us purchase more goods?(books, videos...)

Posted 8/6/10
It'd be funny it does pass in America. No more porn for perverts. but I don't like the thought of having my computer searched randomly (even though I thought they did that already). It won't happen though because of rights here.
Posted 8/6/10

mystic17 wrote:

It'd be funny it does pass in America. No more porn for perverts. but I don't like the thought of having my computer searched randomly (even though I thought they did that already). It won't happen though because of rights here.


it's not just porn mystic it's also the rights of what you have on your computer at any given time, what you look at online 24/7 what you say can be held against you "say you don't like obama or this country is socialist" The internet is suppose to be the lase median or free speech out there where people can express themselves freely without having to be punished for it.
Posted 8/6/10

varnlestoff wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:

I don't believe that law will pass in America. Our country benefits too much from the internet, besides, it would be pretty hypocritical, since it would be going against the First Amendment.


it wouldn't surprise me if did though, most politicians do not care about the constitution anymore all they care about is full filling their own agenda to appease the masses and win votes. Look at repbulicans that want to repeal the 14th amendment. All i can say is row row fight da powha. That's the meaning of that song in the 1st place, fight back agiasnt tyranny and oppression.


Yet democrates are the ones trying to go around the constitution and "re-interpret everything". The power isn't 1 party. It's the whole lot of the supposed "Lawmakers" that are screwing us up.


well here is some of my free speech "Biden is in bed with the RIAA" so this is no big surprise to me.
Posted 8/6/10 , edited 8/6/10
Well it's kinda like that what you may call it(Memory Box?) Were every thing we typ,texs,call is being recorded. Dont believe me? You could destroy all your onfo on your computer and other computers but theres a 100% that stuff is still stored some were. Just watch a couple of cop show and you'll know what I'm talking about,or the new. But ACTA

Weres you facs to back it up?Website?
Posted 8/6/10
Is it really anyone's business what we do on the internet? Everyone has searched something they're not suppose to.... but does it really matter? I don't think this is going to happen.
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/6/10
push for net neutrality kiddies
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.