First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Voice Actress Pisses Off Otaku
Posted 8/7/10 , edited 8/7/10
So the voice actress any hirano wants to do more things with her life and become something more than just a voice actress. Below is some information about her.


"Voice actress Aya Hirano doesn't seem to want to be a voice actress anymore. The 22-year-old is trying to make the leap to mainstream celebrity and ticking off her rabid fan-base in the process.

Hirano is best known for voicing schoolgirl character Haruhi Suzumiya in the animation adaptation of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. She has also voiced schoolgirl character Konata in the Lucky Star anime. In Japan, voice actors and voice actresses are generally a big deal among anime fans and gamers.

Hirano has also done plenty of voice work for games, including the Haruhi and Lucky Star games, Luminous Arc, Magna Carta II, Yakuza 4, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 and the Japanese voice location for Assassin's Creed II."



The Tidbit below is what's really pissing otakus off the most:

"In a recent appearance on "Goût Temps Nouveau", a Japanese program for women, Hirano has confessed to liking and dating older men, talked about her ex-boyfriend who cheated on her and dating with several different partners at the same time."


So for those of you that don't get it, it's not the fact that she no longer wants to be a voice actress it's the fact that she has had sex and even with multiple partners at the same time. Due to the out rage "otakus" have broken there merchandise and even issued death threats against her because that she is no longer a virgin "pure". Below is some of the ragedom




This is not a new thing to happen in japan with female and yea even male vocal actors. So what are your thoughts and opinions on this? I think that this is sad state of affairs that people act in this manner.

http://kotaku.com/5606155/voice-actress-pisses-off-otaku
4216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/7/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

So the voice actress any hirano wants to do more things with her life and become something more than just a voice actress. Below is some information about her.


"Voice actress Aya Hirano doesn't seem to want to be a voice actress anymore. The 22-year-old is trying to make the leap to mainstream celebrity and ticking off her rabid fan-base in the process.

Hirano is best known for voicing schoolgirl character Haruhi Suzumiya in the animation adaptation of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. She has also voiced schoolgirl character Konata in the Lucky Star anime. In Japan, voice actors and voice actresses are generally a big deal among anime fans and gamers.

Hirano has also done plenty of voice work for games, including the Haruhi and Lucky Star games, Luminous Arc, Magna Carta II, Yakuza 4, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 and the Japanese voice location for Assassin's Creed II."



The Tidbit below is what's really pissing otakus off the most:

"In a recent appearance on "Goût Temps Nouveau", a Japanese program for women, Hirano has confessed to liking and dating older men, talked about her ex-boyfriend who cheated on her and dating with several different partners at the same time."


So for those of you that don't get it, it's not the fact that she no longer wants to be a voice actress it's the fact that she has had sex and even with multiple partners at the same time. Due to the out rage "otakus" have broken there merchandise and even issued death threats against her because that she is no longer a virgin "pure". Below is some of the ragedom




This is not a new thing to happen in japan with female and yea even male vocal actors. So what are your thoughts and opinions on this? I think that this is sad state of affairs that people act in this manner.

http://kotaku.com/5606155/voice-actress-pisses-off-otaku

what? that's that chick's business

Posted 8/7/10

what? that's that chick's business


To them it's not "otakus" can not stand to watch anime if there actress are not pure hell some will not even watch a series if they found out that the heroine is not a virgin. It has to do with the sub-culture there.
4216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/7/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


what? that's that chick's business


To them it's not "otakus" can not stand to watch anime if there actress are not pure hell some will not even watch a series if they found out that the heroine is not a virgin. It has to do with the sub-culture there.


if they are that comitted to moving pictures with sound they should be comitted to a mental ward
1036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
ಠ_ಠ
Offline
Posted 8/7/10
fuck, that really irritates me. i can understand that the culture over there is really different from here, but there's no excuse for acting like that. when you strip it all down, it all comes down to one thing: sex is sex. and sex is personal. it's healthy, natural, and she's not any less of a person for having it.

i mean, jesus christ, death threats? what is wrong with these people?
4216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/7/10

gilmour wrote:

fuck, that really irritates me. i can understand that the culture over there is really different from here, but there's no excuse for acting like that. when you strip it all down, it all comes down to one thing: sex is sex. and sex is personal. it's healthy, natural, and she's not any less of a person for having it.

i mean, jesus christ, death threats? what is wrong with these people?


i know they need to get there own life why should ppl care what an cartoon voice or anyone else for that matter do in there spare time
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/7/10 , edited 8/7/10
how come theres no fat guy with glasses that is good with guns?

i guess i read too fast
----------bar of seperation----------------

-.- thats a little extreme

i remember when hideki anno got death threats for eva and put them in death and rebirth i lold

but yeah its its its past the line of being extreme when u send death threats


LMAO i found this comment on there

So this is what LeBron going to Miami is for Otaku?

At first I was going to mock people for getting so upset over this, but then I remember that this happens with all celebrities


--------------ok yeah same thing happened with metallica and the napster thing people made bonfires and burned their stuff but that was understandable----------

i forgot she is a celeb(some sort) it does happen all the time
91108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 8/7/10
some people just take things too personally, though she probably should have kept her personal life to herself, what person would break, tear, or destroy something they paid good money for that they could have sold of if they didn't want it anymore.
Posted 8/7/10
Well I feel alarmed for her safety so I hope nothing bad happens to her, and those crazy "fans" need a reality check. She doesn't belong to you, and stop obsessing.
Posted 8/7/10
Why is she SUPPOSED to be a virgin? Did she lie about it or her character is a virgin?
Not her fault fat middle-aged blokes with glasses don't get any. Why should she be like them?
37656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 8/7/10 , edited 8/7/10
Haha typo, Aya Hirano. (:

EDIT: Woah that's /messed/
71569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / So Cali, OC
Offline
Posted 8/7/10
Future porn star?
Posted 8/7/10

LadyVertz wrote:

Why is she SUPPOSED to be a virgin? Did she lie about it or her character is a virgin?
Not her fault fat middle-aged blokes with glasses don't get any. Why should she be like them?


do you really want to know because i have no problem telling you, they want her pure and simple. Japan is old fashioned on the whole "purity thing" and they take it to this extreme. Some go as far to have 2d "waifus" which i am sure your more than aware of because they are lonely. I take some offense to what you say since i am fat have glasses
Posted 8/7/10 , edited 8/7/10

Yohannbear wrote:

Future porn star?


If true I will be be pre-ordering her "JAV" Japanese adult video
71569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / So Cali, OC
Offline
Posted 8/7/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


Yohannbear wrote:

Future porn star?


:lol: If true I will be be pre-ordering her "JAV" Japanese adult video


I will too my friend...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.