First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
One Language to Rule Them All~!!!
Posted 8/13/10 , edited 8/13/10
“If you could remove all languages, except one language, and instantly download "that one language" into everyone’s minds, would you? and what language would it be?”


“What would you say is the one language, that won’t die out, and everyone in the world will eventually know? (support your answer)”


“What language is most dominate in our world today? considering such factors as How many speak the language, how many know the language as a second language, and is backed by/ and used by the strongest country or countries in the world.” (all these factors combined! not just one)


The point of this thread is strictly for curiosity and opinions to be shared. Don't post if you haven't answered my three questions!!! You may only list one language for each question!!! And no country bashing!!!!!!!

If you can't answer these questions, and not bash, then you clearly already have an answer to these questions. Whether you hate the answer and are in denial, because you can't stand the answer isn't your spoken language, or you are simply too immature for this discussion.

Let the discussion begin!!!
My answers:

Question 1: Not sure if I would, but since my native language is English, that would be the language I would pick if I did.

Question 2: English, Since America and Britain are powerful countries, and many countries are teaching students English as a second language.

Question 3: English, Native speakers of this language + second-language speakers of English, seem to out weigh the rest of the worlds other languages. Also America and Britain are amongst the most powerful of countries, if not the most powerful. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers
388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / somewhere in asia
Offline
Posted 8/13/10
Body language or Chinese(China has a big population)
Posted 8/13/10

trc_lover wrote:

Body language or Chinese(China has a big population)


You didn't answer the questions X_X
75126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/13/10

trc_lover wrote:

Body language or Chinese(China has a big population)


Body language is different everywhere some places a nod ho the head means yes others if means no.

Chinese is not a language its a nationality the two languages are Cantonese and Mandarin.

I would have to agree with the OP English on all accounts even though I'm bias. It is spoken as a primary or secondary language in many places or even a third in some countries. English evolves and changes with time unlike Newspeak that is the only language that gets smaller with each passing year. Also many languages are similar to English and even those that are not adopt English words.

I'm for English because its doubbly good.
1077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/13/10
“If you could remove all languages, except one language, and instantly download "that one language" into everyone’s minds, would you? and what language would it be?”

I'd pick English. It's already the most popular chosen language to learn. It has international use in many areas. Even though it's got some awkward things to learn, spelling is not phonetic and some pronunciation is hard for learners, it's still easier to learn than many other languages. English is already a mixed language with lots of influence from other popular languages.

“What would you say is the one language, that won’t die out, and everyone in the world will eventually know? (support your answer)”

I'd say there are three main languages English, Spanish and Chinese. Chinese is very hard to learn and is in fact a large group of languages Cantonese being the biggest I believe but not sure. Spanish is very popular, though some areas are Portuguese speaking. It has a large number of speakers, but doesn't cross borders and cultures as easily as English. For this reason I think English will keep spreading. That is if it is purely assessed on language, by population growth I think Spanish would be the most popular. China is growing more and more as a world power, so Chinese language will be more important over time. But regardless of these things more learners choose English and enjoy the culture and literature they access through English.

“What language is most dominate in our world today?

Answered in the other points I think.
1276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Secret Base
Offline
Posted 8/13/10

MikeN427 wrote:

Question 2: English, Since America and Britain are powerful countries, and many countries are teaching students English as a second language.



I lol'ed. No offense but I live in Britain, and let me assure you we are anything but powerful. America maybe, but I hear they have severe problems recently too...
Posted 8/13/10
cave men era with all their grunts.
11313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/13/10
If I had to pick only one then Arabic followed with a close second choice of Japanese.
2212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / ~*~somewhere in t...
Offline
Posted 8/13/10

blue_banana wrote:


MikeN427 wrote:

Question 2: English, Since America and Britain are powerful countries, and many countries are teaching students English as a second language.



I lol'ed. No offense but I live in Britain, and let me assure you we are anything but powerful. America maybe, but I hear they have severe problems recently too...


You don't know the half of it....
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 8/13/10
English obviously, the internet is one of the biggest inventions of mankind and its in english because it was invented in UCLA an American university (Also my dream school! )
23034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / boys locker room
Offline
Posted 8/14/10
oh I couldn't do that! But I guess I'd leave German because it's easy to learn, and cause I like the 'ch'!

CH!CH!CH!CH!
423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Afterlife
Offline
Posted 8/14/10

MikeN427 wrote:

“If you could remove all languages, except one language, and instantly download "that one language" into everyone’s minds, would you? and what language would it be?”


“What would you say is the one language, that won’t die out, and everyone in the world will eventually know? (support your answer)”


“What language is most dominate in our world today? considering such factors as How many speak the language, how many know the language as a second language, and is backed by/ and used by the strongest country or countries in the world.” (all these factors combined! not just one)


The point of this thread is strictly for curiosity and opinions to be shared. Don't post if you haven't answered my three questions!!! You may only list one language for each question!!! And no country bashing!!!!!!!

If you can't answer these questions, and not bash, then you clearly already have an answer to these questions. Whether you hate the answer and are in denial, because you can't stand the answer isn't your spoken language, or you are simply too immature for this discussion.

Let the discussion begin!!!
My answers:

Question 1: Not sure if I would, but since my native language is English, that would be the language I would pick if I did.

Question 2: English, Since America and Britain are powerful countries, and many countries are teaching students English as a second language.

Question 3: English, Native speakers of this language + second-language speakers of English, seem to out weigh the rest of the worlds other languages. Also America and Britain are amongst the most powerful of countries, if not the most powerful. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers


Sorry to say this but you talk to much...and I think you should become a philosopher or a priest maybe.By the way this is a Crunchyroll FORUM not a World Meeting.And don't go ordering people what they should write or what question should they answer.This is not a provocation >>>Peace over War ;)<<<
34454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 8/14/10
English, it's become the universal language I think.

The most dominate, Chinese. The fact that they are the most populated people in the world.
400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 8/14/10
OMG I would never do that...why?, I'm a Translation Major hahaha. Languages are my life and they will be my job hahaha So there's no way I can dream of that.

On the other hand, l don't wanna sound too selfish so I'll say I couldn't dream of that not only because I'm planning to become an interpreter but I also think Languages are culture. If there were just one language, multiculturalism wouldn't exist. You're not just wishing a language away but a whole culture to disappear.

Anywho, I know this is just for fun hahaha don't think I'm taking it seriously. I just had to answer it on my way xD
Posted 8/14/10
We need a new language.

I'll call it Terranese. To say how are you today? would go ou saa lu elay?
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.