First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Career tests
5025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / No where
Offline
Posted 1/7/08 , edited 1/7/08
Well
i just got back from school and we took a career test
to see which careers are best for us
i am an asian nerd at my school and my top results
were...
member of the army
announcer
stenographer
sign language interperter
scientist
appraiser
data entry clerk
real esetate appraiser
inventor
and illustrator
any one else get weird jobs when doing these tests?
Posted 1/7/08
creak

no... I pretty much expected to get what I got...
some kind of engineer or something w/ electrical ¯\(o_°)/¯

*goes back to lurk mode*
5025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / No where
Offline
Posted 1/7/08

n_n303 wrote:

i dont know where you live but in canada they usually send us to a site called "careercruising" where you take a survey with a bunch of stupid question and you get a whole list. Its not bad, some are accurate to what i want to get into..


yeah
we went to the same place
Posted 1/7/08
Porn Star....?

Just kidding.

Those aren't too weird. Did you took a personality test along with it?

I took one (Myer-Briggs one) to determine what careers that might be suitable for me. The results came back as an ISTP but mine were so very near the middle, I could've been an ENFP depending on my mood lol. Then again, I could be all sort of combination. One person said this made me unique but I dunno how that would help with determining a suitable career choice lol.

But from what I recall, a career in military, entrepreneurship and so on. I forgot but still have the results somewhere.
7185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 1/7/08
i took a career test too it's in a website called b-live.....i pretty much got some relevant jobs to what i want but hey- i might change my personality to suit a different job ( i got something to do with security/government stuff )
5025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / No where
Offline
Posted 1/7/08

vajmichael wrote:

Porn Star....?

Just kidding.

Those aren't too weird. Did you took a personality test along with it?

I took one (Myer-Briggs one) to determine what careers that might be suitable for me. The results came back as an ISTP but mine were so very near the middle, I could've been an ENFP depending on my mood lol. Then again, I could be all sort of combination. One person said this made me unique but I dunno how that would help with determining a suitable career choice lol.

But from what I recall, a career in military, entrepreneurship and so on. I forgot but still have the results somewhere.


well it was a personality test
there were questions like do you like driving....working with kids... taking directions and all that sort

2382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 1/7/08
I took one a few months ago. I didn't get it back yet, since the administration and the teachers seem to have no communication skills. They probably gave me some type of technical/computer related job.
5025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / No where
Offline
Posted 1/7/08
i know a guy who got bee keeper 0.0"
Posted 1/7/08
Ah yea. Those types of questions.

My advice for ya, if you enjoy something now or you know you're good at doing something now, just pick that as your career and do that for the rest of your life or most of it. Or if you feel strongly convicted to go into a certain field go for it. Figure that out and you're set for college. Then you won't be switching majors causing you to end up in college longer.

Trust me, the last thing you want to do is doing something unfulfilling. I'm just glad you are starting early with this whole career thing. Wish I would've done so right off the bat. It would've saved me some time. Last bit of advice, please make sure you research well into the career that you have chosen so that you know what you're getting into. Most times people think doing something would be fun and then found out it wasn't what they expected.

Anyway, live and learn.
1443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / earth
Offline
Posted 1/7/08
I've never taken a career test...but it sounds interesting to get the results.
x3
4355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / =P
Offline
Posted 1/7/08
We took a test like that but the result didn't say the exact job but only the career fields or areas.
I hated my results. I had a 'low' for art, when I am absolutely in to drawing. :rolleyes:
Aaaaand in literature too! Lawl. But I absolutely love reading and writing. Hahaha.
I got high in: science, medicine, law, math, electrical stuff and craft stuff. They all got the same results equivalent to an A. But they don't matter. Since All I want was Art and Literature.
2953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / some place
Offline
Posted 1/7/08
never took one.
Posted 1/7/08

chick_hen wrote:

We took a test like that but the result didn't say the exact job but only the career fields or areas.
I hated my results. I had a 'low' for art, when I am absolutely in to drawing. :rolleyes:
Aaaaand in literature too! Lawl. But I absolutely love reading and writing. Hahaha.
I got high in: science, medicine, law, math, electrical stuff and craft stuff. They all got the same results equivalent to an A. But they don't matter. Since All I want was Art and Literature.


I like pictures books too but .... LOL. j/k

I've heard that making money with classical art is though but rewarding if you get big. Graphic design is hot stuff. Also, people are always in need of someone with a good sense of art such as in game artwork, advertising and so on.

I dunno much about reading but you could brush up on your grammar skills and make money proof reading. A career in technical reading lol. Or a professional reviewer?
4355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / =P
Offline
Posted 1/7/08

vajmichael wrote:


chick_hen wrote:

We took a test like that but the result didn't say the exact job but only the career fields or areas.
I hated my results. I had a 'low' for art, when I am absolutely in to drawing. :rolleyes:
Aaaaand in literature too! Lawl. But I absolutely love reading and writing. Hahaha.
I got high in: science, medicine, law, math, electrical stuff and craft stuff. They all got the same results equivalent to an A. But they don't matter. Since All I want was Art and Literature.


I like pictures books too but .... LOL. j/k

I've heard that making money with classical art is though but rewarding if you get big. Graphic design is hot stuff. Also, people are always in need of someone with a good sense of art such as in game artwork, advertising and so on.

I dunno much about reading but you could brush up on your grammar skills and make money proof reading. A career in technical reading lol. Or a professional reviewer?

Wow. Everything you actually suggested sounded fun and exciting!
Thanks
5025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / No where
Offline
Posted 1/7/08
lol i put like
doesnt matter for like all 39 questions
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.