First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Did Lelouch Kill Euphie to Gain Japanese Support?
Posted 8/26/10
wth, its an accident ryt?
Posted 8/26/10
You really aren't going to give it a rest, are you? Let it go mate, really. Or at least agree to disagree. I don't mind if you have some delusion about mere fiction, outing your distorted view on the world while you're at it. But don't try and push it anyone. Also, the conspiracy theory story won't do you much good. He's most likely right, Code Geass and Gundam 00 are all part of a bigger scheme involving television programs


We few, we lucky few, who can think rationally about ethical issues.


Well, this comment is a cheap one isn't it. Yet it is amusing claiming this after pointing out you're repulsed by television and more or less depressed for 2 whole years due to a single tv show. Highly rational indeed.


In 1860-61 the only ones who wanted to revolutionize society were the Republicans, but the only ones who used violent revolutionary methods were the conservative Southerners.


So... this is commonly known as civil war, and a very bloody one at that. Bloody conflict to change society. Doesn't matter who the instigator was, conflict was there, which was my point.


And of course slave revolts or serf revolts tend to be extremely violent and almost 99 percent unsuccessful.


Research has shown that unless a revolting movement is not sizeable enough, but most importantly, does not have some form of elite backing, it will fail just about every time. (Code Geass : wide acceptance and support, elite backing (Kyoto 6, Lelouch).


Yes, I do realize the statement I made about history. I'm very much aware of the possibilities of major change in historical reality, much more aware than you for that matter, unless you study history as well at a university level? I pointed out that major shifts in societies in the short run have always happened by means of unconventional, sudden and mostly violent events, such as revolutions. You can not change society and the system from the inside without participating in it first, thus becoming an agent of said system. One person alone is also unable to change a system from the inside, simply because there are many more agents who don't desire change. The point is not whether changes of society are possible from the inside. The point is the timeframe of which you speak. Internal changes take several decades to occur, which is not what Lelouch is going for. Neither are the Japanese, who are practically slaves. Not even Suzuka would be willing to wait that long, which is why he appears as such an idealist dick, eventually turning out as a big hypocrite, realizing he was wrong. So no, this is not humiliating for me at all, as I do know what I'm talking about. The numbers in your new post added to your hypothetical historic events and the questions you direct at me are merely foolish. I did not write anything about that and will refrain from it, as there it is irrelevant to do so, and it would take me too far.


Reread my quote. I never said anything about the poor slave's inability to gain social status. I pointed out his inability to make changes in society. I know it's very hard for you, as you have proven several times now, but read what it says, not what you want it to say. Checking the historical events you quoted are irrelevant to the entire discussion. I'm also not going to discuss all the things you've missed about Gundam 00. I have fead the tr0ll long enough now. You don't honestly think I'd spend that much time trying to convince someone of how wrong he/she is? You can believe whatever you want, I don't really care that much. If you refuse to see reason, then that's your problem, definitely not mine

So in short, as I should've been 2 posts ago, I'm done. I pointed out all the things I wanted to point out, fed the tr0ll for a bit and has some amusement from reading your posts. Enjoy the rest of your seemingly very unfortunate existence. Although it doesn't seem that easy a thing to do for you.
Posted 8/26/10

WrepardME wrote:

D00d Infinity, wtf r u doin on these forums


Wasting time and internet bandwith
1047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Unknown.
Offline
Posted 8/26/10 , edited 8/26/10

Yuno_Gasai wrote:

You really aren't going to give it a rest, are you? Let it go mate, really. Or at least agree to disagree. I don't mind if you have some delusion about mere fiction, outing your distorted view on the world while you're at it. But don't try and push it anyone. Also, the conspiracy theory story won't do you much good. He's most likely right, Code Geass and Gundam 00 are all part of a bigger scheme involving television programs


We few, we lucky few, who can think rationally about ethical issues.


Well, this comment is a cheap one isn't it. Yet it is amusing claiming this after pointing out you're repulsed by television and more or less depressed for 2 whole years due to a single tv show. Highly rational indeed.


In 1860-61 the only ones who wanted to revolutionize society were the Republicans, but the only ones who used violent revolutionary methods were the conservative Southerners.


So... this is commonly known as civil war, and a very bloody one at that. Bloody conflict to change society. Doesn't matter who the instigator was, conflict was there, which was my point.


And of course slave revolts or serf revolts tend to be extremely violent and almost 99 percent unsuccessful.


Research has shown that unless a revolting movement is not sizeable enough, but most importantly, does not have some form of elite backing, it will fail just about every time. (Code Geass : wide acceptance and support, elite backing (Kyoto 6, Lelouch).


Yes, I do realize the statement I made about history. I'm very much aware of the possibilities of major change in historical reality, much more aware than you for that matter, unless you study history as well at a university level? I pointed out that major shifts in societies in the short run have always happened by means of unconventional, sudden and mostly violent events, such as revolutions. You can not change society and the system from the inside without participating in it first, thus becoming an agent of said system. One person alone is also unable to change a system from the inside, simply because there are many more agents who don't desire change. The point is not whether changes of society are possible from the inside. The point is the timeframe of which you speak. Internal changes take several decades to occur, which is not what Lelouch is going for. Neither are the Japanese, who are practically slaves. Not even Suzuka would be willing to wait that long, which is why he appears as such an idealist dick, eventually turning out as a big hypocrite, realizing he was wrong. So no, this is not humiliating for me at all, as I do know what I'm talking about. The numbers in your new post added to your hypothetical historic events and the questions you direct at me are merely foolish. I did not write anything about that and will refrain from it, as there it is irrelevant to do so, and it would take me too far.


Reread my quote. I never said anything about the poor slave's inability to gain social status. I pointed out his inability to make changes in society. I know it's very hard for you, as you have proven several times now, but read what it says, not what you want it to say. Checking the historical events you quoted are irrelevant to the entire discussion. I'm also not going to discuss all the things you've missed about Gundam 00. I have fead the tr0ll long enough now. You don't honestly think I'd spend that much time trying to convince someone of how wrong he/she is? You can believe whatever you want, I don't really care that much. If you refuse to see reason, then that's your problem, definitely not mine

So in short, as I should've been 2 posts ago, I'm done. I pointed out all the things I wanted to point out, fed the tr0ll for a bit and has some amusement from reading your posts. Enjoy the rest of your seemingly very unfortunate existence. Although it doesn't seem that easy a thing to do for you.

Hey yuno, how come dis guy just wont stop his long posts?

13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 8/26/10
holy shit...SOMEBODY loves code geass a little TOO much
Posted 8/26/10
i read some earlier posts...


wth
Posted 8/26/10

WrepardME wrote:
Hey yuno, how come dis guy just wont stop his long posts?



Due to his inability to see reason, his psychological issues, his inability to comprise information in a small format that contains the essence of what he means and my stupidity in the form of several replies, thinking it would make some sort of difference other than amuse myself greatly
660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/15/10
sorry guys i can't raed that long posts so i can't argue with you. but there's my opinion:

Nope, he didn't kill Euphie to gain Japanese Support.
He just had no other way. 'Cause Euphie would kill everyone.
52770 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The great not so...
Offline
Posted 9/15/10

Shinubeki wrote:

sorry guys i can't raed that long posts so i can't argue with you. but there's my opinion:

Nope, he didn't kill Euphie to gain Japanese Support.
He just had no other way. 'Cause Euphie would kill everyone.


Don't waste your time he is a troll he is trying to convert everyone to hate Code Geass and Lelouch solely because he is butthurt that Euphie was killed so its best just to ignore his topics cause arguing with him will go nowhere ok.
Member
219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Dallas, TX
Offline
Posted 1/26/11
This is ridiculously silly. Why can he not accept that Lelouch just did not behave rationally or ethically at that moment? His fictional mistake as a fictional character horrified him this greatly? He acts as if Lelouch is evil to the core, while every incident that commits him to do extreme evil were unprecedented accidents, whereas all of his good actions were completely due to his own good will. There were plenty of scenes that portray Lelouch's good will. To call someone absolutely evil over one incident is just bad judgment.
132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/19/11
Did Lelouch Kill Euphie to Gain Japanese Support?
First off, after the slaughters were committed, would it really make a difference whether Euphy was alive or dead?

If Euphy was alive:
1. Japanese would hate her
2. She would try to kill more Japanese
3. She might even try to kill Suzaku

If Euphy was dead:
1. Japanese would hate her
2. She wouldn't be able to kill more Japanese
3. She wouldn't be able to kill Suzaku

The accident already happened. The only rational way I could come to the topic's conclusion is if
1. The geass was intentional.

Why did Zero even bother to talk to Euphy? Because he needed to see if she was genuine, if her plan was true. Lelouch needed reassurance that this was the way to go, to throw away all his other plans. And he was going to go along with it! And then the incident happened.

My opinions as to why Lelouch kills Euphy as opposed to capturing her:
1. To stop her from killing any more.
2. It pains him to see her lose her innocence (in name, since she can't remember any of this).
3. He doesn't want her to find out what she did.
4. To save the lives of people
5. To hide the secret of Geass from Britannia, and/or the Black Knights.
6. To continue the plan.

7. To continue the plot (breaking the 4th wall)

As for the politics, that's already done. Killing/capturing Euphy doesn't make any difference at that point.

I went into the episode thinking, "If this plan takes place, then the story will have ended successfully, with only minor fixes needed." Fortunately, Euphy was sacrificed so that the plot could continue, and more human issues could be discussed. You have to realize at this point, she's not real.
Posted 4/19/11
OK THIS IS WAY TOO OLD




someone, delete this topic please?
132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/19/11
Not everyone has a chance to finish every series at the same time.
Plus some people might need therapy after watching that series, and this forum could help, at least a little.
16677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Shibuya-ku Japan
Offline
Posted 4/25/11

fallingouch wrote:

Not everyone has a chance to finish every series at the same time.
Plus some people might need therapy after watching that series, and this forum could help, at least a little.


I agree...

in response to this thread... uhmm.. well Lelouch accidentally had his geass on, or rather he did not have the control...
257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / omniverse
Offline
Posted 3/13/12
lelouch did that to ensure "lelouchpotence" and get more fans to wank him even more
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.