First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Life in general
1365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Beyond
Offline
Posted 6/1/07

skygod333 wrote:


Acer2110 wrote:


skygod333 wrote:


Zero20 wrote:


skygod333 wrote:

you know god exists, and ill tell you why:the one thing hes ever done for me is save me at birth.the doctor was a fuckup, no one was gonna help me,no one could help me and my mother we were an inch from our seemingly immenent dooms.but somehow we began to get better and it was not from the medicine of a doctor but the grace of god. thats the only favor i got or will ever get from god so stop saying god does not exist



AAAAHHHHH that is so sweet of god to tell u the truth it was u not god.



it wasnt me, how could i have saved myself?i was an infant.it was through god only that i lived. there is no way i would have survived if there had been no god?no doctor could help me and no doctor did



Can I ask why would this so called god save you and not the millions of others dieing? What makes you worth saving?

If he can make worlds and what not then really there is no reason he'd need people to worship him. Infact, he wouldnt want any one to worship him. Think about how smart this "god" would be, would he not think that everything was equal since he created us all? Why make it so his creations have to kill each other to live?


why not save me? maybe i have some great or terrible unforseen potential that needs filling...i dunno...all i know is that i lived and i shouldnt have.


So you're saying that a thousand of other babies who get aborted every year are worth getting aborted? When you say you have "great or terrible unforseen potential" you're equating a million of other unborn children as just a statistical occurence?
He must be extremely benevolent to kill these other kids and save you. I mean heck when millions of people pray and die, your prayer gets answered and some people who may or may be more or less deserving than you die? Hallelujah! That's amazing!
On the other hand Hitler had a lot of potential. Maybe it was God's plan to control the population of the planet, huh?
No single life form can deem itself more important than any other life form on this planet. It's the same way that when you get shot by 200 bullets or a bum gets shot by 200 bullets or an Executive of a multi-billion dollar company gets shot by 200 bullets die.
COINCIDENCE? YOU DECIDE!
Posted 6/1/07
The Theory of Evolution is just a theory. It hasn't been proven to be fact. Though a lot of things may make sense by explanation of such a theory, not everything, regarding life, could be explained by the theory of evolution. I recall my brother telling me that when Darwin first introduced his Theory of Evolution, it was rejected by the learned men of his time.
1832 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / 626
Offline
Posted 6/1/07
I live life to the fullest ;]
1365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Beyond
Offline
Posted 6/1/07
^Many learned men? Wait, are you talking about the creationists? These are the very same people who refuse to view hundreds of physical, genetic evidence just to push that their religious belief is true. They scoff at the idea saying that those who believe in evolution believe that we came from rocks. They'd rather believe that the human species magically poofed into the planet to eat Coco Crunch everyday and believe that once upon a time man and dinosaur lived together. They don't want to accept this since they refuse to believe that life in itself can be considered a possibility (they call it an "accident").
I believe they've heard of the term amino acids but they refuse to see it in that way that our very essence of life came from that.
Posted 6/1/07
This thread is a bit crazy.


Life, in my opinion, is like a dream. I feel like we can wake up one day, and wonder "What the hell is going on?" I think life can disappear suddenly, one day, I know it will. So that's why I do as much as I can in life.
Posted 6/1/07

Deviance wrote:

^Many learned men? Wait, are you talking about the creationists? These are the very same people who refuse to view hundreds of physical, genetic evidence just to push that their religious belief is true. They scoff at the idea saying that those who believe in evolution believe that we came from rocks. They'd rather believe that the human species magically poofed into the planet to eat Coco Crunch everyday and believe that once upon a time man and dinosaur lived together. They don't want to accept this since they refuse to believe that life in itself can be considered a possibility (they call it an "accident").
I believe they've heard of the term amino acids but they refuse to see it in that way that our very essence of life came from that.


I was waiting for someone to point out that those learned men were mostly, I suppose you could label them as, Creationist. But being learned men, they would've debated and reasoned about the Theory of Evolution.

With the complexity of life, life cannot be a simple matter of being some sort of chance or accident. I have read that evolution was more prominent among smaller creatures such as microbes but less so among larger creatures. There was also an article that I've read about an experiment that tried to replicate the create of life or those amino acids by using common base chemicals. The experimenters failed to find any trace of possible life signs from that experiment.

But if you really think about it, all of us, when we die, return to the earth. This is the same with plant life and wild life. And this is fact the all living matter decomposes back to the earth. Now since all living things must return to the earth wouldn't that mean that at one time we came from the earth? If that is so, than all living things are actually made out of the earth. When we eat any vegetables and meat, we are actually eating earth but earth in a different form. So the big question is, how did the living things proceeded from the earth?

Some may say by bacteria and fungus of course, correct? But how were bacteria and fungus introduced into the world so that all of this evolution occurred to where finally, larger life forms came to be? We could go on and on but it's not going to be definite. Things will only get more complicated. Through it all, there will only be more theories which aren't even definite. They may be adequate solutions for awhile til something more viable comes along.

Evolution is not a viable solution in how life came to be nor is it a viable solution to explain the natural laws. I strongly believe that life did not occur by chance or was it any accident due to the complexities of life and the laws that governs all forms of matter.
2585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / well at the computer
Offline
Posted 6/2/07
Okay are we talking about micro-evolution which is the theory that creatures adapt and change to their environment over time or macro-evolution which is very similar to the Big Bang theory?

Micro-evolution is most accepted by both scientists and theologists (I know that's not spelled right but it's 2 am and my brain is too tired to spell correctly right now) because it's not talking about man from monkey or the universe was created from a collision of matter and gravity.
1698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / ⊗◡ O
Offline
Posted 6/2/07

vajmichael wrote:

Evolution is not a viable solution in how life came to be nor is it a viable solution to explain the natural laws. I strongly believe that life did not occur by chance or was it any accident due to the complexities of life and the laws that governs all forms of matter.



That is why it's a theory.

No one can prove it right, but no one can prove it wrong. There are always holes in theories, but despite that evolution has a lot of scientific evidence to back it up. The giant holes just keep it from being a law is all.

Not that I believe in evolution or anything...
Posted 6/2/07
That is a good point indeed.
1365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Beyond
Offline
Posted 6/2/07

vajmichael wrote:


Deviance wrote:

^Many learned men? Wait, are you talking about the creationists? These are the very same people who refuse to view hundreds of physical, genetic evidence just to push that their religious belief is true. They scoff at the idea saying that those who believe in evolution believe that we came from rocks. They'd rather believe that the human species magically poofed into the planet to eat Coco Crunch everyday and believe that once upon a time man and dinosaur lived together. They don't want to accept this since they refuse to believe that life in itself can be considered a possibility (they call it an "accident").
I believe they've heard of the term amino acids but they refuse to see it in that way that our very essence of life came from that.


I was waiting for someone to point out that those learned men were mostly, I suppose you could label them as, Creationist. But being learned men, they would've debated and reasoned about the Theory of Evolution.

With the complexity of life, life cannot be a simple matter of being some sort of chance or accident. I have read that evolution was more prominent among smaller creatures such as microbes but less so among larger creatures. There was also an article that I've read about an experiment that tried to replicate the create of life or those amino acids by using common base chemicals. The experimenters failed to find any trace of possible life signs from that experiment.

But if you really think about it, all of us, when we die, return to the earth. This is the same with plant life and wild life. And this is fact the all living matter decomposes back to the earth. Now since all living things must return to the earth wouldn't that mean that at one time we came from the earth? If that is so, than all living things are actually made out of the earth. When we eat any vegetables and meat, we are actually eating earth but earth in a different form. So the big question is, how did the living things proceeded from the earth?

Some may say by bacteria and fungus of course, correct? But how were bacteria and fungus introduced into the world so that all of this evolution occurred to where finally, larger life forms came to be? We could go on and on but it's not going to be definite. Things will only get more complicated. Through it all, there will only be more theories which aren't even definite. They may be adequate solutions for awhile til something more viable comes along.

Evolution is not a viable solution in how life came to be nor is it a viable solution to explain the natural laws. I strongly believe that life did not occur by chance or was it any accident due to the complexities of life and the laws that governs all forms of matter.


As there are simple states of objects slowly they are able to improve over time. Thus there would be evidences of a more primitive form of complex functioning systems in other species. Natural selection isn't what you would deem choice but would mean a random adaptation (trial-and-error) on the account of the further generations (which would take a number or so of years to fully change). From simplicity, you could call it a 'possibility' (chances denotes more of a pessimistic form of speech) that their systems would try to find the most suitable way to adapt to their further needs.
People take comfort in the idea that everything has been planned out and that there's always a system for everything that occurs around them. Though as much as we'd love to believe that, the world doesn't always run in a linear form.
Allow me if you may, another theory (yes, another theory as much as you say it can't be proven or disproven, let me explain the flow of how the possibilities occur):
The Chaos Theory: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory (I'm too lazy to make a detailed explanation)
and
The Butterfly Effect: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect
If you take both into account, you may see that one of the possibilities (of the progression of life) is the initial simplicity and the sensitivity to variations in accordance to simple variables that may affect it. This behavoir may lead to further changes in a system of phenomena that may be caused by this initial incident. Thus these innumerable varaitions may now be viewed not as a divine act by an outside force but a possibility that occurs within nature.
That's how I view it anyway. I can't explain Evolution in ways that a scientist might since my line of study lies is that in Literature and not in those related to Science nor Mathamatics but that's possibly one of the more reasonable constructive theories on how the appearance and progression of life on the planet.
1151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
66
Offline
Posted 6/2/07
life in general...?
mxpx's album ^______________^
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/2/07

Deviance wrote:


skygod333 wrote:


Acer2110 wrote:


skygod333 wrote:


Zero20 wrote:


skygod333 wrote:

you know god exists, and ill tell you why:the one thing hes ever done for me is save me at birth.the doctor was a fuckup, no one was gonna help me,no one could help me and my mother we were an inch from our seemingly immenent dooms.but somehow we began to get better and it was not from the medicine of a doctor but the grace of god. thats the only favor i got or will ever get from god so stop saying god does not exist



AAAAHHHHH that is so sweet of god to tell u the truth it was u not god.



it wasnt me, how could i have saved myself?i was an infant.it was through god only that i lived. there is no way i would have survived if there had been no god?no doctor could help me and no doctor did



Can I ask why would this so called god save you and not the millions of others dieing? What makes you worth saving?

If he can make worlds and what not then really there is no reason he'd need people to worship him. Infact, he wouldnt want any one to worship him. Think about how smart this "god" would be, would he not think that everything was equal since he created us all? Why make it so his creations have to kill each other to live?


why not save me? maybe i have some great or terrible unforseen potential that needs filling...i dunno...all i know is that i lived and i shouldnt have.


So you're saying that a thousand of other babies who get aborted every year are worth getting aborted? When you say you have "great or terrible unforseen potential" you're equating a million of other unborn children as just a statistical occurence?
He must be extremely benevolent to kill these other kids and save you. I mean heck when millions of people pray and die, your prayer gets answered and some people who may or may be more or less deserving than you die? Hallelujah! That's amazing!
On the other hand Hitler had a lot of potential. Maybe it was God's plan to control the population of the planet, huh?
No single life form can deem itself more important than any other life form on this planet. It's the same way that when you get shot by 200 bullets or a bum gets shot by 200 bullets or an Executive of a multi-billion dollar company gets shot by 200 bullets die.
COINCIDENCE? YOU DECIDE!


Actually I do believe that Hitler, and abortion, and all these other evil things in the world, from the war in Iraq to the endless hurricanes that keep on spanking the hell out of Florida, are things God has left us to. Why? Not out of cruelty. For the first part we have all chosen through our sins to suffer and exist with death and devastation. It was Human choice! So please don’t blame God.

The second reason is because Humans are aliens here on earth. Our home is, in my belief, heaven. God lets these twisters, tornados, earthquakes, and wars conquer our world so we don’t grow too accustom to earth and then feel out of place in heaven.

It’s like C.S Lewis said in one of his Screwtape letters.


Deviance wrote:

^Many learned men? Wait, are you talking about the creationists? These are the very same people who refuse to view hundreds of physical, genetic evidence just to push that their religious belief is true. They scoff at the idea saying that those who believe in evolution believe that we came from rocks. They'd rather believe that the human species magically poofed into the planet to eat Coco Crunch everyday and believe that once upon a time man and dinosaur lived together. They don't want to accept this since they refuse to believe that life in itself can be considered a possibility (they call it an "accident").
I believe they've heard of the term amino acids but they refuse to see it in that way that our very essence of life came from that.


That goes both ways. There are countless scientists who refuse to accept, despite the logical necessity, that there is something that exist outside of time. An entity or a happening or an event of some sort had to start time before there was time. By the very rule of time itself there must be a beginning. This isn’t a matter of opinion, but rather logical fact.

Yet scientists all over the world refuse to believe it simply because it’s above their comprehension. They completely discredit –all- religious ideas despite the fact that many of these have strong evidence supporting events within their beliefs.

The truth is wee see supper natural things all around us. As I mentioned before I don’t think God is a magic chimera fairy. I think he/she/it is an entity in which all these things are scientifically possible. He/she/it simply follows scientific rules that we cannot comprehend. I love to use this comparison so I will use it here. God is to us like sight is to a man born blind. Because of this the deity is not bound by physics or time he is to us very hard to comprehend. Thus these narrow minded scientists refuse to believe that there is a God.

Whenever somebody who’s been blind all his life and is suddenly given sight, medical coincident. Whenever a child is saved during birth it’s a matter of chance. Whenever a half suffocated girl who’s body has turned gray, and who’s heart stopped beating twenty minutes ago, and who’s tiny body has been devastated, makes a full and almost instant recovery after a swarm of prayers… The doctors are heroes. No way there can be something divine! Uh-uh!

Everybody trashes religious people for being narrow minded against science, but it’s okay to be the other way around?

Evolution is an incomplete –theory-. It’s not fact. It’s supported by fact, but so are many religions…


9063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / vegass
Offline
Posted 6/2/07
geez, i go and get drunk for one day and i missed out on everything. deviance has pretty much summed up the argument.
1365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Beyond
Offline
Posted 6/2/07

SeraphAlford wrote:

Actually I do believe that Hitler, and abortion, and all these other evil things in the world, from the war in Iraq to the endless hurricanes that keep on spanking the hell out of Florida, are things God has left us to. Why? Not out of cruelty. For the first part we have all chosen through our sins to suffer and exist with death and devastation. It was Human choice! So please don’t blame God.

The second reason is because Humans are aliens here on earth. Our home is, in my belief, heaven. God lets these twisters, tornados, earthquakes, and wars conquer our world so we don’t grow too accustom to earth and then feel out of place in heaven.

It’s like C.S Lewis said in one of his Screwtape letters.


That goes both ways. There are countless scientists who refuse to accept, despite the logical necessity, that there is something that exist outside of time. An entity or a happening or an event of some sort had to start time before there was time. By the very rule of time itself there must be a beginning. This isn’t a matter of opinion, but rather logical fact.

Yet scientists all over the world refuse to believe it simply because it’s above their comprehension. They completely discredit –all- religious ideas despite the fact that many of these have strong evidence supporting events within their beliefs.

The truth is wee see supper natural things all around us. As I mentioned before I don’t think God is a magic chimera fairy. I think he/she/it is an entity in which all these things are scientifically possible. He/she/it simply follows scientific rules that we cannot comprehend. I love to use this comparison so I will use it here. God is to us like sight is to a man born blind. Because of this the deity is not bound by physics or time he is to us very hard to comprehend. Thus these narrow minded scientists refuse to believe that there is a God.

Whenever somebody who’s been blind all his life and is suddenly given sight, medical coincident. Whenever a child is saved during birth it’s a matter of chance. Whenever a half suffocated girl who’s body has turned gray, and who’s heart stopped beating twenty minutes ago, and who’s tiny body has been devastated, makes a full and almost instant recovery after a swarm of prayers… The doctors are heroes. No way there can be something divine! Uh-uh!

Everybody trashes religious people for being narrow minded against science, but it’s okay to be the other way around?

Evolution is an incomplete –theory-. It’s not fact. It’s supported by fact, but so are many religions…




There are lots of other things that aren't left up to choice - aborted babies for one (as I've already mentioned) have no choice in what happens to them. Victims of rape as well didn't really want to be raped now did they? Sins? What "sin?" is there something sinful about being human? There's no such thing.
Choice is one of the biggest paradoxes you can involve the idea of god plan-free will in. Let me get this straight, a person has free will; but god has a plan for him which of course has a 100% working possibility provided we have no free will- but we are advertised that we do, so let's work around that shall we?
The staple idea of god is that he is omnipotent and omniscient, am I not right? Then if he were to have a plan for me then I would follow it, right? So say I want to be selfish and follow my own desires and do it is whatever I wish beside all signs pointing me in a different direction. What then? Eternal Damnation? Provided he knew about what would happen to me anyway but decided to let me be... but remember he has a plan and I didn't follow it- wouldn't that be stupid? I mean for an all-knowing being he sure puts up quite flair in making plans that never really happen.
The term all-powerful itself is a self-defeating paradox. Example?
Creating a boulder so big he can't lift it.
Creating an object so small that he can't see it.
--Sick of these reasons? Here are others:
Stopping the possibility of something from occuring.
Making himself completely forget something.
Nullifying reality-relational existence.
See, being All-Powerful isn't as all-powerful as you first thought it would be. Forget scientific rules, he can't even follow basic rules of logic. Funny, no matter how you look at it, there's no such thing as surpassing even these simplest logic. Saying that he/she/it transcends it... is like giving a lame excuse for not breathing.
As for medical feats; there's this thing that really baffles me: provided that a divine power can cure cancers and save a dying suffocating girl from death; here's something I learned:
Why won't god heal amputees?
Why not place it in a circle and let all the living, breathing, prayer capable Christians, place the devout, god-fearing amputee in the circle, and make all the believers pray to let him grow back his amputated limb? Reviving dead people from the grave wasn't a problem, why should this, right? Tell you what; I'm feeling generous, I could go along and pray as well with all of my heart (don't worry I know how all your prayers go, I used to be Christian too.) for him to heal. Then since I'm semi-believing it, semi-critical about the would idea; we could even place a bet if the guy would heal! What do you say?
Science is a study- an ever changing process, theories are continously being proven and disproven (your science teacher should have taught you that by now), it would be normal for evolution not to be apparent since as by definition - it is a process that takes a long time. The Law of Gravity on the other hand had been much easier to demonstrate due to its constant "availability" to study.
I'm not a sciencemonger, but compared to basing my view of the world upon the Abrahamic scheme of thought does not make sense to me.

Edit: SeraphAlford, I've seem to notice that you noted in your previous post that you're speaking from a wide religious point of view. Care to note that under religions the far eastern religions stray far away from all your arguments? Buddhism, Shintoism, Taoism, Paganism all derive arguments far from yours.
There's also this belief called Deism on the other hand that takes to account the detachment of a god upon the universe and is considered to be simply a creator.
Frankly here's the main idea if you still haven't recieved it yet: the only belief your defending and arguing with is not other people's but your own.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/2/07

Deviance wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:

Actually I do believe that Hitler, and abortion, and all these other evil things in the world, from the war in Iraq to the endless hurricanes that keep on spanking the hell out of Florida, are things God has left us to. Why? Not out of cruelty. For the first part we have all chosen through our sins to suffer and exist with death and devastation. It was Human choice! So please don’t blame God.

The second reason is because Humans are aliens here on earth. Our home is, in my belief, heaven. God lets these twisters, tornados, earthquakes, and wars conquer our world so we don’t grow too accustom to earth and then feel out of place in heaven.

It’s like C.S Lewis said in one of his Screwtape letters.


That goes both ways. There are countless scientists who refuse to accept, despite the logical necessity, that there is something that exist outside of time. An entity or a happening or an event of some sort had to start time before there was time. By the very rule of time itself there must be a beginning. This isn’t a matter of opinion, but rather logical fact.

Yet scientists all over the world refuse to believe it simply because it’s above their comprehension. They completely discredit –all- religious ideas despite the fact that many of these have strong evidence supporting events within their beliefs.

The truth is wee see supper natural things all around us. As I mentioned before I don’t think God is a magic chimera fairy. I think he/she/it is an entity in which all these things are scientifically possible. He/she/it simply follows scientific rules that we cannot comprehend. I love to use this comparison so I will use it here. God is to us like sight is to a man born blind. Because of this the deity is not bound by physics or time he is to us very hard to comprehend. Thus these narrow minded scientists refuse to believe that there is a God.

Whenever somebody who’s been blind all his life and is suddenly given sight, medical coincident. Whenever a child is saved during birth it’s a matter of chance. Whenever a half suffocated girl who’s body has turned gray, and who’s heart stopped beating twenty minutes ago, and who’s tiny body has been devastated, makes a full and almost instant recovery after a swarm of prayers… The doctors are heroes. No way there can be something divine! Uh-uh!

Everybody trashes religious people for being narrow minded against science, but it’s okay to be the other way around?

Evolution is an incomplete –theory-. It’s not fact. It’s supported by fact, but so are many religions…




There are lots of other things that aren't left up to choice - aborted babies for one (as I've already mentioned) have no choice in what happens to them. Victims of rape as well didn't really want to be raped now did they? Sins? What "sin?" is there something sinful about being human? There's no such thing.
Choice is one of the biggest paradoxes you can involve the idea of god plan-free will in. Let me get this straight, a person has free will; but god has a plan for him which of course has a 100% working possibility provided we have no free will- but we are advertised that we do, so let's work around that shall we?
The staple idea of god is that he is omnipotent and omniscient, am I not right? Then if he were to have a plan for me then I would follow it, right? So say I want to be selfish and follow my own desires and do it is whatever I wish beside all signs pointing me in a different direction. What then? Eternal Damnation? Provided he knew about what would happen to me anyway but decided to let me be... but remember he has a plan and I didn't follow it- wouldn't that be stupid? I mean for an all-knowing being he sure puts up quite flair in making plans that never really happen.
The term all-powerful itself is a self-defeating paradox. Example?
Creating a boulder so big he can't lift it.
Creating an object so small that he can't see it.
--Sick of these reasons? Here are others:
Stopping the possibility of something from occuring.
Making himself completely forget something.
Nullifying reality-relational existence.
See, being All-Powerful isn't as all-powerful as you first thought it would be. Forget scientific rules, he can't even follow basic rules of logic. Funny, no matter how you look at it, there's no such thing as surpassing even these simplest logic. Saying that he/she/it transcends it... is like giving a lame excuse for not breathing.
As for medical feats; there's this thing that really baffles me: provided that a divine power can cure cancers and save a dying suffocating girl from death; here's something I learned:
Why won't god heal amputees?
Why not place it in a circle and let all the living, breathing, prayer capable Christians, place the devout, god-fearing amputee in the circle, and make all the believers pray to let him grow back his amputated limb? Reviving dead people from the grave wasn't a problem, why should this, right? Tell you what; I'm feeling generous, I could go along and pray as well with all of my heart (don't worry I know how all your prayers go, I used to be Christian too.) for him to heal. Then since I'm semi-believing it, semi-critical about the would idea; we could even place a bet if the guy would heal! What do you say?
Science is a study- an ever changing process, theories are continously being proven and disproven (your science teacher should have taught you that by now), it would be normal for evolution not to be apparent since as by definition - it is a process that takes a long time. The Law of Gravity on the other hand had been much easier to demonstrate due to its constant "availability" to study.
I'm not a sciencemonger, but compared to basing my view of the world upon the Abrahamic scheme of thought does not make sense to me.

Edit: SeraphAlford, I've seem to notice that you noted in your previous post that you're speaking from a wide religious point of view. Care to note that under religions the far eastern religions stray far away from all your arguments? Buddhism, Shintoism, Taoism, Paganism all derive arguments far from yours.
There's also this belief called Deism on the other hand that takes to account the detachment of a god upon the universe and is considered to be simply a creator.
Frankly here's the main idea if you still haven't recieved it yet: the only belief your defending and arguing with is not other people's but your own.



All this argument you are offering is based off of a common misconception of the Christian image of God.

I’m going to clarify a few things. We are not puppets. God has plans for us but they do not always happen, as you will find if you read the bible. He knows what’s going to happen but often (more often than not in fact) wants something else to happen. Now he adds in circumstances to get the end result of the rapture and what not, but mostly he leaves us to our own devices.

Think of it like this: You plan to go to this temple at the top of a cliff. One of the monks however goes on a rampage and pushes you off the edge of the cliff. So your plan fails. Meanwhile you know your going to hit the ground. That doesn’t mean you wanted to hit the ground. You just wanted to rub a golden Buddha belly.

If you study the Christian religion we believe God has a standpoint similar to this one. In our beliefs. (This may vary from sect-to-sect, but I’m a nondenominational Christian in that I simply follow what God tells me. Sometimes through the bible sometimes through other methods. A preacher, an event, ext.)

You asked about the staple of God. Well in most religions that may be true, but in Christianity the key-note to God is not wisdom or power. In fact he actually has angels to represent such things. God is love, and love is his corner stone.

But what about all the pain and suffering in this world? Well I’ve already explained that and wont put you through the redundancy of repetition. This time.

Now the age old “Can god make something greater than him,” or “Can God microwave a burrito so hot not even he can eat it” or “Can God make a man so ugly not even he can look at him” questions. The answer is, by my personal (though not at all the exact Christian belief because this is never directly mentioned in our bible.) no. He cannot. Why? Because as I said God is simply an entity in which these things that we are calling miracles are possible. He is bound by supper natural scientific laws that we cannot comprehend. However, he is on the highest level of this, and the only way for him to make something he can’t lift is to create another level higher than his own. This being said God is at the highest reality can reach. You understand? He’s so high you can’t go higher.

Let’s look at this from a different view point. By our human logic the answer is still no. Energy cannot be created. It can only be transformed from one form to another. Matter is the same thing. Therefore God cannot make something with more energy than he already has. This being said he made existence because existence takes less energy than he has available. Though I don’t think it is at all that simple you can now asses those ridiculous questions from an intellectual standpoint.

Come to think of it those silly questions do actually limit God in a way he’s not limited. If this is an omnipotent and omniscient entity don’t you think it is at all possible for him to do something that we cannot comprehend? Remain all powerful while still making something he can’t look at, see, lift, eat, or punt? It may be possible in a way that is above our understanding with our fickle little foolish minds.

Beyond this, as I said, religion itself does not necessarily suggest that the God is an constant being. Take Greek Mythology for example. The founding “God” was Chaos, a black whole which spit all existence out, screwed Gaia and made the sky, and then poof. No more mention of Chaos. For them the first “deity” was an event. Not an entity. Do I need to clarify that better? I feel like I’m giving a poor presentation of my ideas, as they’re kind of abstract, but I really don’t know how to further simplify. If you need me too I will -try- to but that may take a moment or two of thought…

About that medical stuff. Your debate is flimsy. (not trying to be insulting here. You’re completely welcome to your beliefs and all that jazz.) Why? Because once again you don’t know enough about the religion in which you argue against. The Christians belief (coming from a nondenominational stand point that just believe what God said, and not the other added stuff of different sects) is that sometimes God says no. Plain and simple. If we do that circle thing we get a no, because we are not supposed to test God. He does not allow himself to be manipulated.

The aborted babies? Some of them he lets die, others he save but we don’t know it. (For obviously obvious reasons. ) I wonder how many more would die if God didn’t answer prayers. Now this goes to that thing we were talking about earlier. Are we puppets? Does this prayer argument counter act what I said before? Not at all. The bible says God only comes into our lives as much as we let him. So if you ask him to do something but have a subliminal block in the far reaches of our mind, said thing wont happen. Even if we don’t have a block he may still say no. A large reason he says no is actually to breed doubt. Why would he do that? “You have seen and believe so you are blessed, so how blessed are those who have not seen and do believe?” Believing in God without proof is all the more admirable. It’s faith, and God rewards it. See, there is a difference between knowing and believing.


In the bible God has been known to do ‘cruel’ things for the greater good. Now you may not consider it the greater good, but he does, and Christians trust his judgment so for us it is the greater good. However political unpolished and incorrect that may seem. Of course we’re trash for it. We’re ignorant fools, but whatever. No matter what we do we’re always going to be lesser to all the smarter and generally better atheists.

In your edit you mentioned my earlier comment. You misunderstood me. Perhaps that my fault. I meant at the mentioned time I was referring to religion in general, not that I am doing that altogether. I’m afraid I’m not willing to further this because I honestly don’t know enough about all the worlds plethora of religions to hold a respectable debate on them.

Thanks for the thought provoking argument, I await your next argument. But, I must request, put a small area between your paragraphs because that post made me glaze…

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.