First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
What do guys see in anime girls?
17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 7/1/11
What do we guys see in anime girls? In the most broadest sense, a picture of ideal beauty. Humans usually perceived anything that is symmetrical as beautiful and anime girls are perfectly symmetrical creatures therefore we perceived them as beautiful.

Personality preference is another issue but they can easily found on anime girls and most of them are blatantly obvious. In contrast, discerning the personality of a RL girl is really difficult.
The Wise Wizard
99921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 7/2/11

Maou068 wrote:

What do we guys see in anime girls? In the most broadest sense, a picture of ideal beauty. Humans usually perceived anything that is symmetrical as beautiful and anime girls are perfectly symmetrical creatures therefore we perceived them as beautiful.

Speaking of symmetry, have you noticed that the clothing of anime girls is often decidedly asymmetrical?


Personality preference is another issue but they can easily found on anime girls and most of them are blatantly obvious. In contrast, discerning the personality of a RL girl is really difficult.

There is also a trait they share with their live action media counterparts: We get to see them in the unguarded moments, and sometimes hear their thoughts. The former can get you arrested in real life, and the latter is impossible.

37335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 7/2/11
Probably the same thing that girls see in anime guys.
3088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/2/11
Hot, nice ass, unskankiness, not slutty, less whorie. No herpies. they value their body, unlike real girls.

Real girl probably had their first kiss at age 12? maybe younger. MOST of the real girls replace their boyfriend as if she is replacing her shoes.

Anime girl probably had their first kiss at age 14 or 15 or 16? Anime girls tend to stick with a single guy.

Basically, what I like about anime girl is that most of them are loyal and fateful to the first person they love. Unlike the stereotypical girl in America that probably have a different boyfriend every month or ever year, and make out with multiple men in a single day. Well most of them anyway.
17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 7/2/11

TheAncientOne wrote:




Speaking of symmetry, have you noticed that the clothing of anime girls is often decidedly asymmetrical?


I'm not particular about the character's clothing but I kinda noticed their asymmetrical fashion sense. It might be a fashion trend at the time.


There is also a trait they share with their live action media counterparts: We get to see them in the unguarded moments, and sometimes hear their thoughts. The former can get you arrested in real life, and the latter is impossible.


Yeah, I often see this sort of situations in live action shows especially Densha Otoko. But I supposed it wouldn't be much fun if we could just hear the opposite gender's thoughts. Frustrating at times but fulfilling.
2528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / America
Offline
Posted 7/2/11
Most of us here are brooding male teenagers.
Posted 7/2/11
As many others have mentioned already - perfection: Something that doesn't exist in the real world.
135470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/2/11
The ones I like in anime are super nice and sweet. While in real life, women and love are more of a game.
3238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/11

iLoveBoobies wrote:

Hot, nice ass, unskankiness, not slutty, less whorie. No herpies. they value their body, unlike real girls.

Real girl probably had their first kiss at age 12? maybe younger. MOST of the real girls replace their boyfriend as if she is replacing her shoes.

Anime girl probably had their first kiss at age 14 or 15 or 16? Anime girls tend to stick with a single guy.

Basically, what I like about anime girl is that most of them are loyal and fateful to the first person they love. Unlike the stereotypical girl in America that probably have a different boyfriend every month or ever year, and make out with multiple men in a single day. Well most of them anyway.



Oh my goodness this post is full of truth, and let me add to it if I may.....

When was the last time you saw an anime girl....even the bustiest most flashy ones...ever drawn with tramp stamps or percings in any places besides ears? (I might be wrong on the latter...) Have you ever seen them...even the bubbly-types ever tlak about places like a nightclub?

I mean you get where I'm going with this. It's so sad that this is mostly fact, because it is so hard to find a girl in RL that is truly different and truly stands out. Instead, it's too many me-too kim kardashian/paris hilton/etc etc types that now make up the norm. And there are many factors that has made this happened, but I don't want to go off-topic.

Having said all this, I'm not expecting the woman I find to look like Love Hina's Mutsumi, but I hope that she has alot of Mutsumi's individual traits and personalities that make her truly stand out from the crowd.

And I know I'm not the only guy in here that has that viewpoint. I know there are females here that think the same way. But again, it's hard to find the girl that truly stands out, because the maunstream media/hollywood/society complex has lowered the standards of a girl to the bottom of the pit.
48420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/11
Looks like I'm an odd one out. My favorite female characters tend to be so because of their character and emotional strength. This is easier to see in fiction because their challenges and how they live through them are clearly presented, but such strength can definitely exist in real life — and be even more beautiful for its reality.

I have a couple of examples, but there are some serious spoilers that are worth avoiding for those who haven't seen the shows:

Clannad:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni:
1055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/2/11

TheAncientOne wrote:


Maou068 wrote:

What do we guys see in anime girls? In the most broadest sense, a picture of ideal beauty. Humans usually perceived anything that is symmetrical as beautiful and anime girls are perfectly symmetrical creatures therefore we perceived them as beautiful.

Speaking of symmetry, have you noticed that the clothing of anime girls is often decidedly asymmetrical?


Personality preference is another issue but they can easily found on anime girls and most of them are blatantly obvious. In contrast, discerning the personality of a RL girl is really difficult.

There is also a trait they share with their live action media counterparts: We get to see them in the unguarded moments, and sometimes hear their thoughts. The former can get you arrested in real life, and the latter is impossible.



What a delightfully educated response! Especially the part about how we hear their thoughts and we see their weaknesses. This basically sums it up; as much as physical appearance is concerned, anime girls are pretty perfect, that much is a given. But possibly something more attractive is the fact that they are understandable and predictable.
312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 7/3/11
Hmm..well basing on my guy friends that obsess insanely over anime (enough to have insane crushes on certain anime girls), the idea of a naive, big-breasted, "perfect" girl appeals to them. I guess they just wouldn't get over the fact that a random girl with huge boobs in a school uniform is going to fly from the sky running away from a monster with eyes the size of plates would fall for them and end in "hot aftermath".

But hey, anything to escape the hell we call reality, eh? Can't blame 'em..people in animes are so fucking attractive it makes me go crazy that guys can't be that hot IRL. *shrug*
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.