• Don't know what to watch? Try a random show!
First  Prev  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  Next  Last
Post Reply Most Hated Anime Character!
17463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 5/17/14


Oh I just noticed you are a female. I'm not trying to be sexist or anything. But when I talk about school days, all the girls say Makoto was ultimately the bad one. And all the guys say it's Sekai
15470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/17/14

FkYouBish wrote:

Oh I just noticed you are a female. I'm not trying to be sexist or anything. But when I talk about school days, all the girls say Makoto was ultimately the bad one. And all the guys say it's Sekai


Is that really how it is? I hadn't known there was such a divide on the subject.

The facts seem to lend themselves pretty strongly to Makoto being the one with illicit motives, though it is my opinion that he got more than he had coming. Even though the things he did were awful, even though Sekai, Setsuna, and Kotonoha were the victims of his actions, he was still just a young boy. He didn't fully grasp what he was doing, and lacked the capacity to make rational decisions about the consequences of his decisions. And even if he had fully grasped what he was doing, even if he had been able to make those decisions rationally:

17463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 5/17/14

BlueOni wrote:


15470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/17/14

FkYouBish wrote:





It is fair to say that I sympathized with Sekai, but I sympathized with Setsuna most of all. So we're coming at this thing from two very different angles. It's no surprise we've come to different conclusions.
1585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 5/17/14

BlueOni wrote:


FkYouBish wrote:

Oh I just noticed you are a female. I'm not trying to be sexist or anything. But when I talk about school days, all the girls say Makoto was ultimately the bad one. And all the guys say it's Sekai


Is that really how it is? I hadn't known there was such a divide on the subject.

The facts seem to lend themselves pretty strongly to Makoto being the one with illicit motives, though it is my opinion that he got more than he had coming. Even though the things he did were awful, even though Sekai, Setsuna, and Kotonoha were the victims of his actions, he was still just a young boy. He didn't fully grasp what he was doing, and lacked the capacity to make rational decisions about the consequences of his decisions. And even if he had fully grasped what he was doing, even if he had been able to make those decisions rationally:



It's definitely not that divided.

Everyone knows Makoto is an *ss. It's a common lesson for youngsters these days in the Anime community who dream about being a Harem master. Us older people just tell them "School Days," and crush their fantasies.
15470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/17/14

essex1 wrote:

It's definitely not that divided.

Everyone knows Makoto is an *ss. It's a common lesson for youngsters these days in the Anime community who dream about being a Harem master. Us older people just tell them "School Days," and crush their fantasies.


I don't know about all that, but it's funny to imagine anyway.
cje225 
12504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 5/17/14
I have been waiting for a post like this...I have a top 3 standing douche bag list.

3. Manabu Itagaki from Hajime No Ippo. In the anime the character was tolerable...the anime made me lost all respect for him. I know he is one of the protagonists...but I hate that guy.

2. Nobuyuki Sugō from SAO. This guy is the sum of what scum is...hate this guy...and he's not even cool enough to be a likable villain. He is just a d-bag.

1. Makoto Itou from School days. The only MC that I can think of that I hate on all levels. He got what he had coming.

***HONORABLE MENTION***

Mitsuki Hayase from Rumbling Hearts. This chick is cold hearted, a BZ and a bad friend. While I can understand her line of thinking and understand how and why she does what she does...she flat pisses me off. She reminds me too much of my ex-gf xD
2046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/17/14
If you think people deserve to die because they cheat on people, you might want to talk to a therapist and then turn yourself into a mental home. It's like chopping off someone's legs for littering.
8609 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/17/14 , edited 5/17/14
Shinji Ikari and Renton Thurston... those two make me want to break things. Raki from Claymore (anime) was also a close contender.

EDIT: On a separate note from the crybaby characters up above. I had nearly blocked him from my memory, to preserve my own sanity, but Shou Tucker from FMA:Brotherhood. One of the few times I have thought a character was a truly despicable person.
10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / North East England
Offline
Posted 6/4/14
Hanamiya Makoto from Kuroko no Basuke. Don't get me started on that *insert every cuss known to man here*
54043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Whoooooosh
Offline
Posted 6/4/14


Poor Sakura...
196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 6/4/14
sakura... my god
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/4/14
Geegee 11 eyes had the worst
4305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 6/5/14
The Sea God from Nagi no Asukara is quite a douchebag.
43879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 6/5/14

outerheaven139 wrote:
The Sea God from Nagi no Asukara is quite a douchebag.

Wasn't the Sea God dead before the series started though? Those were just his emotions trapped in the ocean.
First  Prev  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.