Twenty Questions to Ask Yourself
Let's play 20 questions: Get to know yourself better by contemplating these queries!
by eHarmony Staff
Twenty Questions to Ask Yourself
Whether matching socks or common interests, it helps to know what to look for. The challenge of establishing a healthy, enduring relationship is first and foremost the challenge of studying yourself and becoming well aware of all the special features that make up who you are.
With this in mind, we recommend that you write a few lines in response to each of the following questions:
1. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
2. What is the one dream for your life you most look forward to achieving?
3. Who has the capacity to make you angrier than anyone else in your life, and what in particular does he or she do to make you so angry?
4. Who has the capacity to make you feel loved more than anyone else in your life, and what in particular does he or she do to cause you to feel so lovable?
5. How do you feel about yourself—physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually?
6. When do you feel inspired? How does it feel when you are inspired?
7. What is the most important thing in the world to you?
8. If you had one day to live, how would you want to spend it?
9. When do you feel most afraid?
10. If you could accomplish only one thing during the rest of your life, what would it be?
11. What bores you? Why is this?
12. How important is money to you? How much time do you spend thinking about it?
13. What is the role of God in your life? Do you believe there is a God, and if so, what is God like in relation to you?
14. What three interests are you most passionate about?
15. Who is your biggest enemy, and precisely how and why did this person become your enemy?
16. How important is food to you? Do you feel disciplined when it comes to eating?
17. Does the idea of being married to the same person for the rest of your life sound appealing to you—or not so appealing? What is there about it that you would especially like or not like?
18. Do you consider yourself emotionally healthy? In what ways are you especially healthy, and in what ways could you use improvement?
19. Do you argue very much with the people closest to you? How does it usually turn out?
20. What specifically would you like your closest friends to say about you at your funeral?
If someone could hear your answers to these questions, they would come to know you well. But, of course, it’s most important that you understand yourself. If you thoughtfully and honestly ponder these questions, you’re sure to gain a wealth of insight toward finding a person who loves what you love.
Wow these are some tough ones. Okay well here goes nothing.
6. I feel inspired when I listen to an inspiring song or read/watch something that inspires me. I feel like I can do anything if I try hard enough.
8. I think I'd try to tell people things that might help them or inspire them to do what they want to do.
10. Make a big difference in someone's life who would go make in a difference in someone elses and so on.
12. I think it's important but I don't really spend much time thinking about it.
13. Well I belive in God 100%.
16. I think food is important and as for the second part....errr I don't really get it.
17. It sounds appealing if it's the right person it was meant to be.
19. Yeah kind of a lot. It just turns out where we both get frustrated and let it go.
20. I would want them to not wear black and wear bright colors first of all. And I'd want them to say I was a unique person and a free spirit.