What happened to Aoi Hana?
ryett 
58010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 8/25/10
I was just wondering whats the status on Aoi Hana? I just noticed its no longer on the site which is unfortunate. I enjoyed this little series a lot and was planning on showing it to friends at some point. Will it be back soon?
Ronin
94039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/26/10

ryett wrote:

I was just wondering whats the status on Aoi Hana? I just noticed its no longer on the site which is unfortunate. I enjoyed this little series a lot and was planning on showing it to friends at some point. Will it be back soon?


The contract for this show expired so we no longer have the right to distribute it here. Sorry.
The Wise Wizard
99915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 9/5/10 , edited 9/5/10

BasouKazuma wrote:
The contract for this show expired so we no longer have the right to distribute it here. Sorry.

I am curious why the entire section for this show was nuked, as it appears CR typically removes the videos for shows they no longer have the rights to, but leaves the remainder intact. Sora No Otoshimono and the first Strike Witches series are two examples I can cite.

FYI, on a different, but related topic, while checking for another example of this, I found one series and its sequel that despite no longer being on the list of anime at CR, and both having a banner across the top that states they would no longer be available after March 1, 2010, I can still watch the episodes.
tzivya 
51177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / F / Brisbane, Australia
Offline
Posted 9/5/10
I'm sad to see it go, but I am glad CR had it as long as they did. This is the show that brought me here, and I love the chance to support legal subtitled fast-release anime. =)
Ronin
94039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 9/5/10 , edited 9/5/10

TheAncientOne wrote:


BasouKazuma wrote:
The contract for this show expired so we no longer have the right to distribute it here. Sorry.

I am curious why the entire section for this show was nuked, as it appears CR typically removes the videos for shows they no longer have the rights to, but leaves the remainder intact. Sora No Otoshimono and the first Strike Witches series are two examples I can cite.

FYI, on a different, but related topic, while checking for another example of this, I found one series and its sequel that despite no longer being on the list of anime at CR, and both having a banner across the top that states they would no longer be available after March 1, 2010, I can still watch the episodes.


I'm not sure why the Aoihana page was privatized so I'll see if it can be unprivatized.

And what series are you talking about that say they are unavailable but are still able to be watched? Are you referring to how they still list episodes and allow you to go to the video page? If so, the video shouldn't actually play. Though, the Episode tab shouldn't show up to begin with so we'll have that fixed.

Example:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/gravion/episodes

Edit: After typing this, it became apparent that the Aoihana page was most likely privatized due to the Episode tab error I just mentioned.
The Wise Wizard
99915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 9/5/10

BasouKazuma wrote:
I'm not sure why the Aoihana page was privatized so I'll see if it can be unprivatized.

And what series are you talking about that say they are unavailable but are still able to be watched? Are you referring to how they still list episodes and allow you to go to the video page? If so, the video shouldn't actually play. Though, the Episode tab shouldn't show up to begin with so we'll have that fixed.

Example:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/gravion/episodes

Edit: After typing this, it became apparent that the Aoihana page was most likely privatized due to the Episode tab error I just mentioned.


I was hesitant to actually mention the name, as if it was a mistake, and anyone was in the midst of watching the series when it was pulled, they would probably want to skin me alive if they later came across my message tipping off CR.

Indeed, when I typed the reply earlier this morning, I had already verified I was able to view episodes from both series. Now, I when I click on some videos for Gravion, I get the following, even though I am logged in:




You must be logged in to post.