First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
what japanese words did you learn
611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/20/12

SlimShadyDogg wrote:

Urosai Urosai Urosai (Don't know the proper spelling, also guess what manga/anime it's from lol. hint: red hair plus sword)


Urusaii?

Tabun?
611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/20/12

romifelces wrote:


enerugi = energy


Don't think I've ever heard that one before. Besides, there are a few types of energy. Is it people energy or electricity?
24111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Online
Posted 8/20/12
山ほどの言葉です。 言葉のリストを作ることが辛い。
36349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/20/12
kawaii-cute
aishiteru-I love you
hayaku-quickly (might be spelled wrong)
gomen-sorry
yamero-stop it
ittadakimasu-thanks for the food, let's eat, etc. (again, might be spelled wrong)
doshde-what's wrong? (once again, might be spelled wrong)
soka-I see
shine-die
aho-idiot (again again, might be spelled wrong)
baka-idiot, jerk (similar to word above)
genkireska-how are you? (or something like that)

There are some other words that I can't think of at the moment.
38057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 8/20/12 , edited 8/20/12

haikinka wrote:


pewpewk wrote:

コンピューター
テレビ
ティッシュ
シーディー
エネルギー

バスケットボール

クランチロールポインツ
ネクロポスト

Fixed that for you.


Fixed it for you.


Actually, ティシュー is correct according to http://jisho.org/words?jap=&eng=tissue&dict=edict
Energy is エナジー -- http://jisho.org/words?jap=&eng=energy&dict=edict
And you're right about CD.
611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/20/12
Itadaki is closer to "I partake" and doesn't always refer to food. And you didn't spell ahou wrong, per say, but it means asshole and it's taken directly from the english.
18886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Boston
Offline
Posted 8/20/12 , edited 8/20/12
Hajimemashite dozo yoroshiku


Pleasure to meet you


Cotto matte kudasai

Please wait a moment

Onegaishimasu

Please as in a request

Doko

Where

Dame

Stop

Dai joubu?

Are you alright?

genki desu.

Im fine.
4507 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/20/12 , edited 8/20/12
Not sure if I spelled most of these right but if you say them the way I typed them I bet they sound good enough.

Chic-shou = S***
Baka = Idiot
Onee-chan = Big brother/Sister
Sugoy = Cool
Joto = Hold on
Kaizoku musou ola wa nou = I'm gonna be king of the pirates
Arigatou = Thank you
Daiske = I like you
Oppai = (Self-explanatory)
611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/20/12

pewpewk wrote:


haikinka wrote:


pewpewk wrote:

コンピューター
テレビ
ティッシュ
シーディー
エネルギー

バスケットボール

クランチロールポインツ
ネクロポスト

Fixed that for you.


Fixed it for you.


Actually, ティシュー is correct according to http://jisho.org/words?jap=&eng=tissue&dict=edict
Energy is エナジー -- http://jisho.org/words?jap=&eng=energy&dict=edict
And you're right about CD.


So this online jisho you linked here did a wonderful job at making Japanese equivalents, but not really the exact words. Energy, in the sense that someone is energetic is genki. When you greet someone with "ogenki desuka" you're asking if they're energetic. For electricity it's denki. Like nuclear power is gempatsu denki.

Gembatsu is atomic bomb, BTW. In Hiroshima the Atomic Dome is called Gebaku Domu.
38057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 8/20/12

Kuro_Kiri wrote:


pewpewk wrote:


haikinka wrote:


pewpewk wrote:

コンピューター
テレビ
ティッシュ
シーディー
エネルギー

バスケットボール

クランチロールポインツ
ネクロポスト

Fixed that for you.


Fixed it for you.


Actually, ティシュー is correct according to http://jisho.org/words?jap=&eng=tissue&dict=edict
Energy is エナジー -- http://jisho.org/words?jap=&eng=energy&dict=edict
And you're right about CD.


So this online jisho you linked here did a wonderful job at making Japanese equivalents, but not really the exact words. Energy, in the sense that someone is energetic is genki. When you greet someone with "ogenki desuka" you're asking if they're energetic. For electricity it's denki. Like nuclear power is gempatsu denki.

Gembatsu is atomic bomb, BTW. In Hiroshima the Atomic Dome is called Gebaku Domu.


Right, I'm well aware of this. But my only goal here was to "katakanize" if you will, the same way the OP did.
611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/20/12 , edited 8/20/12

Bleach313 wrote:

Not sure if I spelled most of these right but if you say them the way I typed them I bet they sound good enough.

Chic-shou = S***
Baka = Idiot
Onee-chan = Big brother/Sister
Sugoy = Cool
Joto = Hold on
Kaizoku musou ola wa nou = I'm gonna be king of the pirates
Arigatou = Thank you
Daiske = I like you
Oppai = (Self-explanatory)


Onee is older sister and onii is older brother, if you're referring to someone else's family you add san but if it's your own you can drop chan. Imoutou is younger sister and otootou is younger brother.

Sugoi, does mean wonderful but can also be a negative when you use it to describe personal articles on someone else. Like saying "sugoi kutsu desune" (kutsu is shoes) you're actually insulting the person's footwear.

Daisuki, with an i, Daisuke is a boy's name.

And just tell the people, oppai is women's breasts. More closer to saying boobs.


@pewpewk - I get where you're coming from. I just like being precise sometimes.
38057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 8/20/12 , edited 8/20/12

Bleach313 wrote:
Joto = Hold on


Correctly written in romaji as chotto. It really just means "a moment" and it's matte that actually means a request for someone to "wait". But just saying chotto is usually enough, though you'll also frequently hear chotto matte or matte kudasai for "please wait".
Posted 8/21/12

pewpewk wrote:
Actually, ティシュー is correct according to http://jisho.org/words?jap=&eng=tissue&dict=edict
Energy is エナジー -- http://jisho.org/words?jap=&eng=energy&dict=edict
And you're right about CD.


I'll give you energy since you at least spelt it right this time, but no one says tissue like that. Trust me.
1836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / UK/Japan
Offline
Posted 8/21/12
This thread is great, I like looking at the english spellings xD
3029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
103 / M
Offline
Posted 8/21/12

Kuro_Kiri wrote:

So this online jisho you linked here did a wonderful job at making Japanese equivalents, but not really the exact words. Energy, in the sense that someone is energetic is genki. When you greet someone with "ogenki desuka" you're asking if they're energetic. For electricity it's denki. Like nuclear power is gempatsu denki.

Gembatsu is atomic bomb, BTW. In Hiroshima the Atomic Dome is called Gebaku Domu.


odenki desu ka?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.