Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Gundam Collection
42752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 1/23/14

Orehcursor wrote:

My RG freedom just came in yesterday so hopefully it will end up swell!


to answer your question yes the paint is metallic to give it a shinny effect

34 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 1/24/14
I totally will post some pics when Im done. Its been slow going since I dont exactly have an abundant amount of free time.

I have one question though. What are your guys opinions on stickers. I went on google just to see any general advice on how to put them with good precision but incidentally I keep running across people saying how they avoided stickers and usually for other methods like dry decal. My question is- should I really avoid stickers or can they still come out stunning if Im careful and patient enough? Will these stickers last or will they be flimsy when I put them on and eventually just fall off from the "harsh" of nature?
10423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/24/14

Orehcursor wrote:

I totally will post some pics when Im done. Its been slow going since I dont exactly have an abundant amount of free time.

I have one question though. What are your guys opinions on stickers. I went on google just to see any general advice on how to put them with good precision but incidentally I keep running across people saying how they avoided stickers and usually for other methods like dry decal. My question is- should I really avoid stickers or can they still come out stunning if Im careful and patient enough? Will these stickers last or will they be flimsy when I put them on and eventually just fall off from the "harsh" of nature?


I can only talk about foil stickers, as I haven't used any other kind of decal. I only use them for the eyes. (and sometimes the camera lens.) Only one of my kits has had the sticker somewhat fall off, and that's because I messed up applying it the first time. So if you apply it well the first time and don't need to take it off to re-apply it you should be good. I wish I could help you with waterslides or dry transfers though. But I haven't used them yet.
42752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 1/25/14

Orehcursor wrote:

I totally will post some pics when Im done. Its been slow going since I dont exactly have an abundant amount of free time.

I have one question though. What are your guys opinions on stickers. I went on google just to see any general advice on how to put them with good precision but incidentally I keep running across people saying how they avoided stickers and usually for other methods like dry decal. My question is- should I really avoid stickers or can they still come out stunning if Im careful and patient enough? Will these stickers last or will they be flimsy when I put them on and eventually just fall off from the "harsh" of nature?


Imo i go with paints paint around the eyes with a dark black then clear green for the eyes that way it glows dry transfers can be tricky the best are water decals but you gotta be care full that they don't stick together clear stickers are fine but i only use the MG ones cause there smaller for details i can recommend paints if you want il post what i use in the next post if you want i can take pictures in closer details so you can see.
42752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 1/25/14 , edited 1/25/14
My tools






34 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 1/26/14 , edited 1/26/14
x_x; I dont think Im hardcore enough to go with paints. My hands are super steady except when it comes to paint.
42752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 1/26/14
Well that's only for MG the eyes are easier to pain than RG
42752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 2/5/14
Started clipping the model today



10423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/20/14
Ladies and Gentlemen, it's finished. I present to you, a snapfitters build of the Sazabi Ver. KA.
42752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 2/26/14

DistorteDContacT wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's finished. I present to you, a snapfitters build of the Sazabi Ver. KA.


Nice did you paint it cause i see no nub marks.
10423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/26/14

TheShadowofHearts wrote:


DistorteDContacT wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's finished. I present to you, a snapfitters build of the Sazabi Ver. KA.


Nice did you paint it cause i see no nub marks.


It's completely unpainted. I did miss some nub marks on the legs because I wanted to finish it so badly. I'm planing on going back and cleaning it up and adding more panel lines some time.
Netjak 
8250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7 days ago
Here's a couple photos of my MG Infinite Justice. I haven't done any panel lining to it yet.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.