First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Hiding your Religion in the lifestyle form? it will come out so why?
65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Online
Posted 9/11/10
We booth were not around for most of that, enteral and external freedom came with the price of lives given in the war. To many have no clue the gift we have and take it for-granted, freedom comes with responsibilities as well. But I am a libertarian so most would not even try to live by my standards. Being independent of government to chose my own path if I fail I look in the mirror i do not say it's there fault because I failed. Why I do not like Left or Right both mean more of the same trash to me.
10402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 9/12/10

..................................... I AM A MUSLIM AND PROUD ..............................................

YA and i don't hide any thing
so i don't know why
470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 9/12/10 , edited 9/12/10

DomFortress wrote:


tarakelly wrote:

I just find it funny when somebody comes in and defends a group of people but not stating there part of the same group. At first they play devils advocate then they get beat down on like that dose not happen to people on this site. Then go off the deep end quoting whatever book of religion it is. There a saying for guy's you pulled it out then hit with a hammer, something i picked up working in heavy industry and the army.
What's so funny for me to defend women's rights when I'm not a woman? What's so funny for me to abolish slavery when I'm not a slave? What's so funny about me defending the freedoms that I enjoy with my expression? When the price of freedom is eternal vigilance.


This x1000

I don't need to be part of every group to distinguish right from wrong.
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 9/12/10 , edited 9/12/10
I think Tara's point is that if your going to argue religion your own stance is going to come out.

And that it's disingenuous at best, and out right dishonest at worst, to claim a different stance from your own as a way of adding legitmacy to your real position.

and if that's what Tara IS saying, I agree with her.

(edit: I'm still curious to find out who Tara thinks has been doing this though. However I'm a nosy bastard)

Posted 9/12/10

tarakelly wrote:

We booth were not around for most of that, enteral and external freedom came with the price of lives given in the war. To many have no clue the gift we have and take it for-granted, freedom comes with responsibilities as well. But I am a libertarian so most would not even try to live by my standards. Being independent of government to chose my own path if I fail I look in the mirror i do not say it's there fault because I failed. Why I do not like Left or Right both mean more of the same trash to me.
Then by that claim you shouldn't even be having an opinion at all, and yet here you are ranting like a self-entitled anarchist in open public. In other words, you're a rebel without a cause, ready to be span and used as a tool for whatever political agenda disguised itself as war in the name of freedom. Kinda like whatever this one was doing.

You have no knowledge of what freedom is, and insofar whatever you've said in the name of it had only desecrated it.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 9/12/10 , edited 9/12/10

DomFortress wrote:


tarakelly wrote:

We booth were not around for most of that, enteral and external freedom came with the price of lives given in the war. To many have no clue the gift we have and take it for-granted, freedom comes with responsibilities as well. But I am a libertarian so most would not even try to live by my standards. Being independent of government to chose my own path if I fail I look in the mirror i do not say it's there fault because I failed. Why I do not like Left or Right both mean more of the same trash to me.
Then by that claim you shouldn't even be having an opinion at all, and yet here you are ranting like a self-entitled anarchist in open public. In other words, you're a rebel without a cause, ready to be span and used as a tool for whatever political agenda disguised itself as war in the name of freedom. Kinda like whatever this one was doing.

You have no knowledge of what freedom is, and insofar whatever you've said in the name of it had only desecrated it.


Opinions? I have a opinion on everything!
I observe, I take in, and I formalate an opinion, not being part of something does not mean I do not have a opinion on it.
Being a outside party in many Ideals is a good thing.. because I could care less what side is right, so I am able to judge it more precisely.

An I will be the first to point out that democracy is a hypocritical failure of an idea that never really had what was needed for running a country based on freedom.
As you know I have explain better systems for governing.

your not part of the KKK... NOR the Panthers... I don't think... Does that mean doom your not allowed to have a opinion on their actions without it being a entitlement claim.
65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Online
Posted 9/12/10

DomFortress wrote:


tarakelly wrote:

We booth were not around for most of that, enteral and external freedom came with the price of lives given in the war. To many have no clue the gift we have and take it for-granted, freedom comes with responsibilities as well. But I am a libertarian so most would not even try to live by my standards. Being independent of government to chose my own path if I fail I look in the mirror i do not say it's there fault because I failed. Why I do not like Left or Right both mean more of the same trash to me.
Then by that claim you shouldn't even be having an opinion at all, and yet here you are ranting like a self-entitled anarchist in open public. In other words, you're a rebel without a cause, ready to be span and used as a tool for whatever political agenda disguised itself as war in the name of freedom. Kinda like whatever this one was doing.

You have no knowledge of what freedom is, and insofar whatever you've said in the name of it had only desecrated it.


what ever you say . If you want freedom yo have fight to keep it. Very simple and watch are government is also a pat of freedom The right to bear arms I think was to keep the government honest. but that me a rambling on. take it or leave it. Then your a government junky, and think your government should make everything fair.
Posted 9/12/10 , edited 9/12/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


tarakelly wrote:

We booth were not around for most of that, enteral and external freedom came with the price of lives given in the war. To many have no clue the gift we have and take it for-granted, freedom comes with responsibilities as well. But I am a libertarian so most would not even try to live by my standards. Being independent of government to chose my own path if I fail I look in the mirror i do not say it's there fault because I failed. Why I do not like Left or Right both mean more of the same trash to me.
Then by that claim you shouldn't even be having an opinion at all, and yet here you are ranting like a self-entitled anarchist in open public. In other words, you're a rebel without a cause, ready to be span and used as a tool for whatever political agenda disguised itself as war in the name of freedom. Kinda like whatever this one was doing.

You have no knowledge of what freedom is, and insofar whatever you've said in the name of it had only desecrated it.


Opinions? I have a opinion on everything!
I observe, I take in, and I formalate an opinion, not being part of something does not mean I do not have a opinion on it.
Being a outside party in many Ideals is a good thing.. because I could care less what side is right, so I am able to judge it more precisely.

An I will be the first to point out that democracy is a hypocritical failure of an idea that never really had what was needed for running a country based on freedom.
As you know I have explain better systems for governing.

your not part of the KKK... NOR the Panthers... I don't think... Does that mean doom your not allowed to have a opinion on their actions without it being a entitlement claim.
What I meant is that without freedom of expression and freedom of information, there's no democracy based on people thinking and making independently informed choice individually. In a sense your ideal form of people govern by them making civil decisions via electronic voting couldn't be made possible, without the source information being openly accessible and debatable via public scrutiny.

However, there's a flaw in that ideal government body of yours; the reality of human reactive intuition based on emotions, it's as irrational as how biologically speaking we make quick guts decisions based on habituation, and yet most laypeople don't understand the ways and thinking of the professional, intellectual,or the philosophical. In other words, most of us aren't good with neither science or whatever that matters in our hearts. But we all got this autopilot mode known as the subconscious selves, and that part of our minds is subjective to social mechanism. Not cold logic.

And no, I'm a Trekkie under the fandom of Jean-Luc Picard.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 9/12/10

DomFortress wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


tarakelly wrote:

We booth were not around for most of that, enteral and external freedom came with the price of lives given in the war. To many have no clue the gift we have and take it for-granted, freedom comes with responsibilities as well. But I am a libertarian so most would not even try to live by my standards. Being independent of government to chose my own path if I fail I look in the mirror i do not say it's there fault because I failed. Why I do not like Left or Right both mean more of the same trash to me.
Then by that claim you shouldn't even be having an opinion at all, and yet here you are ranting like a self-entitled anarchist in open public. In other words, you're a rebel without a cause, ready to be span and used as a tool for whatever political agenda disguised itself as war in the name of freedom. Kinda like whatever this one was doing.

You have no knowledge of what freedom is, and insofar whatever you've said in the name of it had only desecrated it.


Opinions? I have a opinion on everything!
I observe, I take in, and I formalate an opinion, not being part of something does not mean I do not have a opinion on it.
Being a outside party in many Ideals is a good thing.. because I could care less what side is right, so I am able to judge it more precisely.

An I will be the first to point out that democracy is a hypocritical failure of an idea that never really had what was needed for running a country based on freedom.
As you know I have explain better systems for governing.

your not part of the KKK... NOR the Panthers... I don't think... Does that mean doom your not allowed to have a opinion on their actions without it being a entitlement claim.
What I meant is that without freedom of expression and freedom of information, there's no democracy based on people thinking and making independently informed choice individually. In a sense your ideal form of people govern by them making civil decisions via electronic voting couldn't be made possible, without the source information being openly accessible and debatable via public scrutiny.

However, there's a flaw in that ideal government body of yours; the reality of human reactive intuition based on emotions, it's as irrational as how biologically speaking we make quick guts decisions based on habituation, and yet most laypeople don't understand the ways and thinking of the professional, intellectual,or the philosophical. In other words, most of us aren't good with neither science or whatever that matters in our hearts. But we all got this autopilot mode known as the subconscious selves, and that part of our minds is subjective to social mechanism. Not cold logic.

And no, I'm a Trekkie under the fandom of Jean-Luc Picard.

I am not a fan of Jean-Luc at all. I did not believe he was rational enough to be in a leaders role.
Posted 9/13/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


I am not a fan of Jean-Luc at all. I did not believe he was rational enough to be in a leaders role.
Hey, when most youths in the Western world are behaving more or less like James T. Kirk on acid, I'm sticking to my gun by me bringing the intellectual(and sexy) back.




And no, having someone like Tara as some sort of role model really doesn't cut it.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 9/13/10

DomFortress wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


I am not a fan of Jean-Luc at all. I did not believe he was rational enough to be in a leaders role.
Hey, when most youths in the Western world are behaving more or less like James T. Kirk on acid, I'm sticking to my gun by me bringing the intellectual(and sexy) back.




And no, having someone like Tara as some sort of role model really doesn't cut it.


I don't have to agree with her.. I just don't agree with the other side as well.

Nor am I in the middle, as I am a firm believer that an agnostic agnostic stance, is the stance of a hypocrite. No matter what the topic is about. I have my own beliefs and Ideals.

Anyhow wen I think Borg I think Religion, or America's two party system and their mentality.
People need to learn to think Outside the CUBE (yeah trek humor.)

As for captains I believe Data would make for a good captain.

Posted 9/13/10 , edited 9/13/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


I don't have to agree with her.. I just don't agree with the other side as well.

Nor am I in the middle, as I am a firm believer that an agnostic agnostic stance, is the stance of a hypocrite. No matter what the topic is about. I have my own beliefs and Ideals.

Anyhow wen I think Borg I think Religion, or America's two party system and their mentality.
People need to learn to think Outside the CUBE (yeah trek humor.)

As for captains I believe Data would make for a good captain.
Well at least you didn't object my critical analysis about your belief of an ideal system of government, which I would contribute that to my choice of personal role model. Who nonetheless knows when to tell Data to just STFU and get to work on something productive/protective/preventable.

Compassion trumps logic, woot!

EDIT: As an afterthought, what you and I just demonstrated with either of our own personal preferences about Picard or Data, is itself awfully similar to what religious individuals would do when they describing their own God(s):

The final study involved functional magnetic resonance imaging to measure the neural activity of test subjects as they reasoned about their own beliefs versus those of God or another person. The data demonstrated that reasoning about God's beliefs activated many of the same regions that become active when people reasoned about their own beliefs.

The researchers noted that people often set their moral compasses according to what they presume to be God's standards. "The central feature of a compass, however, is that it points north no matter what direction a person is facing," they conclude. "This research suggests that, unlike an actual compass, inferences about God's beliefs may instead point people further in whatever direction they are already facing."(citation)
It's by no means I'm implying that both of us are religious, but I'm just saying that other than us individual preaching the wisdom of Picard or Data, there's really no difference between us and the religious individuals. In fact, I'm more than willing to say that they're only justifying their actions by them thinking that they would be treated in favor of their own God(s) because of it. And that's really what the nature of entitlement claim is.
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 9/14/10

tarakelly wrote:

DomFortress , your an atheist but you believe in government control over people that = communist in my book. plus you play innocent when you complain to the moderators about a post. Your skilled at arguments until you find the tide turning then it a cheap shot. But one day you may or may not grow up. Living in a world of make belief is fun. In some case's maybe to much. You like to pull fragment out of a statement then turn them backwards. I think thy protest to much is fitting for you By the way communism can also be classified as a religion of non religion


This post has been reported to the moderators? Dom if you did that then I think you're being a little cheap. I may not agree with Tara but I don't see how her shot at your is any more offensive than a number of your rants have been. Come on.


Posted 9/14/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


tarakelly wrote:

DomFortress , your an atheist but you believe in government control over people that = communist in my book. plus you play innocent when you complain to the moderators about a post. Your skilled at arguments until you find the tide turning then it a cheap shot. But one day you may or may not grow up. Living in a world of make belief is fun. In some case's maybe to much. You like to pull fragment out of a statement then turn them backwards. I think thy protest to much is fitting for you By the way communism can also be classified as a religion of non religion


This post has been reported to the moderators? Dom if you did that then I think you're being a little cheap. I may not agree with Tara but I don't see how her shot at your is any more offensive than a number of your rants have been. Come on.
Still the fact that the post got struck-down remains to be true, I might have something to do with the fact that it got reported, but the fact remains that the report itself was made anonymously. While nothing in Tara's post had anything to do with her OP, whereas I OTOH made relevant contributions with my last post.

And you can try to deny that fact if you want, but what's that got to do with her being off-topic on her own thread anyway? Is that even the proper approach to prove that she was right about me lying about my "religion" or "lifestyle"? When her false accusation about my civil and political viewpoints still got nothing to do with her OP.
65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Online
Posted 9/14/10
. But weather it Islam Buddhist Christianity it will show in the post. it just funny to watch and just proves my point muslim lie. When I stated if we broke the back of Islam, that there would be far more peace in the world or at least less excuses for genocide. I caught some flack which i knew I would.- Now there is a religion of non region called atheist proven to me by fact. Now if some one want birth to he grave government care and penalizing those who do well by taking more from them to take care of other. The nation can call itself a Republic like China dose makes them no less a communist country. Atheist do not believe in god created life on this planet and I agree. However why there all these stars and galaxies the universe as we know it. We just begun this exploration may just be like the people that thought the would was Flat. My point is atheist is a religion of science but with varying views which can place them with in religious class and political was well.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.