What is ACTA
Posted 9/10/10 , edited 9/11/10
http://www.stopacta.info/

^What is ACTA?,

ACTA is an international trade agreement currently negotiated by the European Union, the United States, Japan, Canada, South Korea, Australia as well as a few other countries, whose aim is to enforce copyright and tackle counterfeited goods (hence its acronym: Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement).

The main problem with this treaty is that all the negotiations are done secretly. Leaked documents show that one of the major goal of the treaty is to force signatory countries into implementing anti file-sharing policies under the form of three-strikes schemes and net filtering practices.

In otherwords CR, if this passes, say hello to even unlicensed Anime being "illegal". Say goodbye to a good portion of the free MP3's you own. Say goodbye to anything with said intellectual property. Say goodbye to Pirate bay, say goodbye to Limeware, say goodbye to all the Torrents you use. They among many other things on the internet, will be gone forever.

You can make a difference by signing the petition below.

http://publicacta.org.nz/sign-the-wellington-declaration/

Don't let ACTA take away our internet freedom. ACTA is proposing the largest form of "Censorship" to hit the web, and they are doing it under the table! If this goes through, and you have any material they deem file-shared, you risk the chance of them coming to your door, "Blacklisting you from the internet", which should be illegal because nobody owns the internet. They will then take away your computer, destroy your hard-drive, and take you to jail.
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/11/10
Okay if this passes,the world will be in chaos,i mean,no Torrents or limewire? where is this world coming to.
Posted 9/11/10
I know this is messed up. All this excessive copyright crap is getting out of hand. The internet is has already been changing for the worse for some time now.
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/11/10
that sucks ppl need to push for net neutrality ted stevens is dead

soooo go go go

cr doesnt have illegal anime lol
Posted 9/11/10

moratorium wrote:

that sucks ppl need to push for net neutrality ted stevens is dead

soooo go go go

cr doesnt have illegal anime lol


Yeah but honestly, how many people do you think exclusively watch anime on CR. Most people come here for a select few, and when CR doesn't have the one they want, they go to a different streaming site.
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/11/10

varnlestoff wrote:


moratorium wrote:

that sucks ppl need to push for net neutrality ted stevens is dead

soooo go go go

cr doesnt have illegal anime lol


Yeah but honestly, how many people do you think exclusively watch anime on CR. Most people come here for a select few, and when CR doesn't have the one they want, they go to a different streaming site.



yeah i do that lol

honestly i hate commercials


yeah even if they did have shiki id go to another site i cant wait when it comes to that series and highschool of the dead lol

meh the memships not worth it at this point in time for me
69317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Atlanta
Offline
Posted 9/11/10
Is there a petition that's more local to the US? I don't mind signing it, but the fact that it's in New Zealand makes my signature somehow less valuable being from America.
15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / 昼寝の王国
Offline
Posted 9/11/10 , edited 9/11/10
You know if it didn't cost $20 for like 3 episodes that they put on a DVD then maybe people wouldn't download so much stuff in the first place. The anime industry (and others) would make way more money if they made their prices more reasonable than they will by banning file sharing. I'm sure as hell not going to be buying much anime even if it is the only way for me to get it.

Lavahna, it's fine. There's numerous countries involved, and when you sign it you can say you are from America. It doesn't make it less valuable since America is involved in these negotiations.
Posted 9/11/10

ChronicAddict wrote:

You know if it didn't cost $20 for like 3 episodes that they put on a DVD then maybe people wouldn't download so much stuff in the first place. The anime industry (and others) would make way more money if they made their prices more reasonable than they will by banning file sharing. I'm sure as hell not going to be buying much anime even if it is the only way for me to get it.

Lavahna, it's fine. There's numerous countries involved, and when you sign it you can say you are from America. It doesn't make it less valuable since America is involved in these negotiations.


I have a great idea. Instead of banning file sharing, why don't they just put a advertisement in front of the file, so you have to at least click the ad before you make the transfer. That way they are still making money from the revenue the ad produces.
15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / 昼寝の王国
Offline
Posted 9/11/10

varnlestoff wrote:


ChronicAddict wrote:

You know if it didn't cost $20 for like 3 episodes that they put on a DVD then maybe people wouldn't download so much stuff in the first place. The anime industry (and others) would make way more money if they made their prices more reasonable than they will by banning file sharing. I'm sure as hell not going to be buying much anime even if it is the only way for me to get it.

Lavahna, it's fine. There's numerous countries involved, and when you sign it you can say you are from America. It doesn't make it less valuable since America is involved in these negotiations.


I have a great idea. Instead of banning file sharing, why don't they just put a advertisement in front of the file, so you have to at least click the ad before you make the transfer. That way they are still making money from the revenue the ad produces.


Actually you don't know how good of an idea that really is.

People don't listen to radio ads because they have iPods.
People don't watch TV ads because they have DVRs.
People don't read newspaper ads because they have the internet.

Advertisers are having a hell of a time getting people to watch their ads nowadays. This would be a GREAT way for them to reach people. I suppose it may be complicated figuring out who gets paid what, but that's not my problem.
13214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47
Offline
Posted 9/11/10
horrible..they are killing my world!!!!!!!!!!
Posted 9/11/10 , edited 9/11/10

ChronicAddict wrote:


varnlestoff wrote:


ChronicAddict wrote:

You know if it didn't cost $20 for like 3 episodes that they put on a DVD then maybe people wouldn't download so much stuff in the first place. The anime industry (and others) would make way more money if they made their prices more reasonable than they will by banning file sharing. I'm sure as hell not going to be buying much anime even if it is the only way for me to get it.

Lavahna, it's fine. There's numerous countries involved, and when you sign it you can say you are from America. It doesn't make it less valuable since America is involved in these negotiations.


I have a great idea. Instead of banning file sharing, why don't they just put a advertisement in front of the file, so you have to at least click the ad before you make the transfer. That way they are still making money from the revenue the ad produces.


Actually you don't know how good of an idea that really is.

People don't listen to radio ads because they have iPods.
People don't watch TV ads because they have DVRs.
People don't read newspaper ads because they have the internet.

Advertisers are having a hell of a time getting people to watch their ads nowadays. This would be a GREAT way for them to reach people. I suppose it may be complicated figuring out who gets paid what, but that's not my problem.


Well somehow all the big name companies somehow know "Almost exactly how much they lose due to pirating/file sharing", so all they have to do is show the legit proof of how much they are losing, put it along with all the other companies claims. Then after a year, they can take the gross earned from the ad revenue, and split it among the companies appropriately depending on the proven claim of loss.

This idea would literally generate revenue to help the companies who are losing money due to file sharing, and at the same time, decrease file sharing because people don't want to have to go through ads. It's win win for them, and it also gives us the anonymous more safety from lawsuits or events such as ACTA.

Everybody wins.
Posted 9/11/10 , edited 9/11/10
Pls try not to make ur topics so vague

~renamed
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 1/25/12
The biggest problem is that isp's may be forced to block sites where people can post links to offending web sites, including this site and almost all others that have any kind of forum or comment section.
11 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 2/12/12
Yeah,i know this,but i don't like it.
You must be logged in to post.