First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Is Europe turning against the Islam?
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 9/15/10
Well to be fair. The USA has never honoured something like 7 NAFTA and WTO rulings against them on the issue of a tariff they place on our softwood lumber...

so Tara. Does that mean we can't trust the US and should Nuke you all into a new afterlife?
267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / In lalaland~
Offline
Posted 9/16/10
I guess so. I mean now President Sarkozy has made a statement to ban burqas in public, or the woman found wearing it will be fined for a ridiculous amount of money.

I don't see why because of what terrorists, extremists and corrupt political figures do the rest of the Muslim race has to face harrassment in non-Muslim countries.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 9/16/10

gal69lag wrote:

I guess so. I mean now President Sarkozy has made a statement to ban burqas in public, or the woman found wearing it will be fined for a ridiculous amount of money.

I don't see why because of what terrorists, extremists and corrupt political figures do the rest of the Muslim race has to face harrassment in non-Muslim countries.


He banned it because the women are forced to wear them. That was his logic, that the muslim women are being forced to wear them. In muslim countries, the women are mandated to wear them by law.
267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / In lalaland~
Offline
Posted 9/16/10

Allhailodin wrote:


gal69lag wrote:

I guess so. I mean now President Sarkozy has made a statement to ban burqas in public, or the woman found wearing it will be fined for a ridiculous amount of money.

I don't see why because of what terrorists, extremists and corrupt political figures do the rest of the Muslim race has to face harrassment in non-Muslim countries.


He banned it because the women are forced to wear them. That was his logic, that the muslim women are being forced to wear them. In muslim countries, the women are mandated to wear them by law.



Well, he should've researched that logic a bit. I'm Muslim living in a Muslim country, it isn't mandated here by law to wear burqa.
Posted 9/16/10 , edited 9/16/10

gal69lag wrote:

I guess so. I mean now President Sarkozy has made a statement to ban burqas in public, or the woman found wearing it will be fined for a ridiculous amount of money.

I don't see why because of what terrorists, extremists and corrupt political figures do the rest of the Muslim race has to face harrassment in non-Muslim countries.
The same can be ask to the very Islamic concept of burqas wearing in a non-Muslim society; one that women have the rights to wear whatever that they want voluntary, while there are Islamic religious polices enforcing a strict religious dress code onto the Muslim women in modern Muslim states.

And the last time I checked, women aren't naturally born with rags covering their faces. So what gives?


gal69lag wrote:




Well, he should've researched that logic a bit. I'm Muslim living in a Muslim country, it isn't mandated here by law to wear burqa.
Then it's not truly a Muslim state now, is it? When the official definition for a Muslim state has Islamic laws within its very own constitution. If you don't believe me, just give me the name of your nationality and I'll prove it to you.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 9/16/10

gal69lag wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


gal69lag wrote:

I guess so. I mean now President Sarkozy has made a statement to ban burqas in public, or the woman found wearing it will be fined for a ridiculous amount of money.

I don't see why because of what terrorists, extremists and corrupt political figures do the rest of the Muslim race has to face harrassment in non-Muslim countries.


He banned it because the women are forced to wear them. That was his logic, that the muslim women are being forced to wear them. In muslim countries, the women are mandated to wear them by law.



Well, he should've researched that logic a bit. I'm Muslim living in a Muslim country, it isn't mandated here by law to wear burqa.


In some of them, women are required to wear them by law. Maybe not all, but in a notable amount.
267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / In lalaland~
Offline
Posted 9/16/10

DomFortress wrote:


gal69lag wrote:

I guess so. I mean now President Sarkozy has made a statement to ban burqas in public, or the woman found wearing it will be fined for a ridiculous amount of money.

I don't see why because of what terrorists, extremists and corrupt political figures do the rest of the Muslim race has to face harrassment in non-Muslim countries.
The same can be ask to the very Islamic concept of burqas wearing in a non-Muslim society; one that women have the rights to wear whatever that they want voluntary, while there are Islamic religious polices enforcing a strict religious dress code onto the Muslim women in modern Muslim states.

And the last time I checked, women aren't naturally born with rags covering their faces. So what gives?




Ahem ahem, like I said, it isn't mandated for Muslim women to wear burqas in Muslim countries.

You say burqa is enforced onto Muslim women in "modern Muslim states" like you seem to know oh-so-much about this. Like I said, I live in a Muslim country, I've been to Muslim countries and have first-hand experience of it, no where has burqa been enforced as a law. But if you knew it yourself, you were referring to Makkah and Madinah, which by the way, are cities where Muslims go to for pilgrimage, and only Muslims are allowed to enter these cities thus making it important that all women be wearing burqas throughout the duration of their stay in those two cities.

In no other Muslim country that I have been to has a dress code been enforced onto women.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 9/16/10 , edited 9/16/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Well to be fair. The USA has never honoured something like 7 NAFTA and WTO rulings against them on the issue of a tariff they place on our softwood lumber...

so Tara. Does that mean we can't trust the US and should Nuke you all into a new afterlife?


Canada has no nukes last I checked.

You peoples may have helped with the Manhattan Project, but I don't recall you building or testing any of your own.

Which could prove to be the death of Canada someday.

Hell as I understand it you don't even have ABM's, so you wouldn't even be able to defend yourself from a missile.

So the way I see it is instead of complaining about tariffs against your wood, maybe you should be complaining about your lack of military to protect your own existence. Cause if Canada goes away, the U.S is going to be getting some new states and lots of free woods.
267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / In lalaland~
Offline
Posted 9/16/10

Allhailodin wrote:


gal69lag wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


gal69lag wrote:

I guess so. I mean now President Sarkozy has made a statement to ban burqas in public, or the woman found wearing it will be fined for a ridiculous amount of money.

I don't see why because of what terrorists, extremists and corrupt political figures do the rest of the Muslim race has to face harrassment in non-Muslim countries.


He banned it because the women are forced to wear them. That was his logic, that the muslim women are being forced to wear them. In muslim countries, the women are mandated to wear them by law.



Well, he should've researched that logic a bit. I'm Muslim living in a Muslim country, it isn't mandated here by law to wear burqa.


In some of them, women are required to wear them by law. Maybe not all, but in a notable amount.



Haha, no. Perhaps the government simply says that "women should wear burqas" but in almost all Muslim countries, developed or under-developed, it is not enforced by law. I live in a modern Muslim country but have come from an under-developed one, in both countries I have witnessed more women not wearing burqa/hijab than women that are. If hijab was enforced then more women would be seen wearing it.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 9/16/10

gal69lag wrote:

Haha, no. Perhaps the government simply says that "women should wear burqas" but in almost all Muslim countries, developed or under-developed, it is not enforced by law. I live in a modern Muslim country but have come from an under-developed one, in both countries I have witnessed more women not wearing burqa/hijab than women that are. If hijab was enforced then more women would be seen wearing it.


Maybe you forgot this or just didn't know this, but until several years ago(around 2002), the Taliban was the government of Afghanistan.

Women were mandated to wear their face things by law, they also couldn't even go to a doctor without a man present. Religious police would beat them if they so much as talked to a man without the man speaking to them first. Women couldn't get jobs or even go to school after the age of 8.

And they would do things like cut off your thumbs if you wore nail polish, (this actually happened to a woman). Public executions and stoning was common place too.
Posted 9/16/10

gal69lag wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


gal69lag wrote:

I guess so. I mean now President Sarkozy has made a statement to ban burqas in public, or the woman found wearing it will be fined for a ridiculous amount of money.

I don't see why because of what terrorists, extremists and corrupt political figures do the rest of the Muslim race has to face harrassment in non-Muslim countries.
The same can be ask to the very Islamic concept of burqas wearing in a non-Muslim society; one that women have the rights to wear whatever that they want voluntary, while there are Islamic religious polices enforcing a strict religious dress code onto the Muslim women in modern Muslim states.

And the last time I checked, women aren't naturally born with rags covering their faces. So what gives?




Ahem ahem, like I said, it isn't mandated for Muslim women to wear burqas in Muslim countries.

You say burqa is enforced onto Muslim women in "modern Muslim states" like you seem to know oh-so-much about this. Like I said, I live in a Muslim country, I've been to Muslim countries and have first-hand experience of it, no where has burqa been enforced as a law. But if you knew it yourself, you were referring to Makkah and Madinah, which by the way, are cities where Muslims go to for pilgrimage, and only Muslims are allowed to enter these cities thus making it important that all women be wearing burqas throughout the duration of their stay in those two cities.

In no other Muslim country that I have been to has a dress code been enforced onto women.
Then can a woman still be a Muslim within a Muslim state, while she voluntary choose not to follow the Islamic faith? No? Then my original argument regarding how oppressive and enslaving the Islamic faith is still stands. I mean, where's the compassion, love, or even respect in that decision? When all I can see is discrimination based on religious faith.
267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / In lalaland~
Offline
Posted 9/16/10

Allhailodin wrote:


gal69lag wrote:

Haha, no. Perhaps the government simply says that "women should wear burqas" but in almost all Muslim countries, developed or under-developed, it is not enforced by law. I live in a modern Muslim country but have come from an under-developed one, in both countries I have witnessed more women not wearing burqa/hijab than women that are. If hijab was enforced then more women would be seen wearing it.


Maybe you forgot this or just didn't know this, but until several years ago(around 2002), the Taliban was the government of Afghanistan.

Women were mandated to wear their face things by law, they also couldn't even go to a doctor without a man present. Religious police would beat them if they so much as talked to a man without the man speaking to them first. Women couldn't get jobs or even go to school after the age of 8.

And they would do things like cut off your thumbs if you wore nail polish, (this actually happened to a woman). Public executions and stoning was common place too.


Well, I didn't say all Muslim countries, I said most. And me, not being from Afghanistan or knowing anyone from there, do not know about this.
267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / In lalaland~
Offline
Posted 9/16/10

DomFortress wrote:


gal69lag wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


gal69lag wrote:

I guess so. I mean now President Sarkozy has made a statement to ban burqas in public, or the woman found wearing it will be fined for a ridiculous amount of money.

I don't see why because of what terrorists, extremists and corrupt political figures do the rest of the Muslim race has to face harrassment in non-Muslim countries.
The same can be ask to the very Islamic concept of burqas wearing in a non-Muslim society; one that women have the rights to wear whatever that they want voluntary, while there are Islamic religious polices enforcing a strict religious dress code onto the Muslim women in modern Muslim states.

And the last time I checked, women aren't naturally born with rags covering their faces. So what gives?




Ahem ahem, like I said, it isn't mandated for Muslim women to wear burqas in Muslim countries.

You say burqa is enforced onto Muslim women in "modern Muslim states" like you seem to know oh-so-much about this. Like I said, I live in a Muslim country, I've been to Muslim countries and have first-hand experience of it, no where has burqa been enforced as a law. But if you knew it yourself, you were referring to Makkah and Madinah, which by the way, are cities where Muslims go to for pilgrimage, and only Muslims are allowed to enter these cities thus making it important that all women be wearing burqas throughout the duration of their stay in those two cities.

In no other Muslim country that I have been to has a dress code been enforced onto women.
Then can a woman still be a Muslim within a Muslim state, while she voluntary choose not to follow the Islamic faith? No? Then my original argument regarding how oppressive and enslaving the Islamic faith is still stands. I mean, where's the compassion, love, or even respect in that decision? When all I can see is discrimination based on religious faith.



Did you know there's more to Islam than wearing hijab? Choosing not to wear hijab is not the same as choosing not to follow Islamic faith. The dress code is encouraged, but nowhere near to being forced onto women is what I was saying in case you didn't get that. But really, what do you know about Islamic faith than what you've seen on TV or heard from somebody or read on the internet? Honestly, have you ever encountered the act of oppression in Islamic faith in a Muslim country by your own eyes? Have you ever even been to a Muslim country?
2179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / NW England
Offline
Posted 9/16/10

Allhailodin wrote:



Canada has no nukes last I checked.

You peoples may have helped with the Manhattan Project, but I don't recall you building or testing any of your own.

Which could prove to be the death of Canada someday.

Hell as I understand it you don't even have ABM's, so you wouldn't even be able to defend yourself from a missile.

So the way I see it is instead of complaining about tariffs against your wood, maybe you should be complaining about your lack of military to protect your own existence. Cause if Canada goes away, the U.S is going to be getting some new states.


Way to completely miss the point he was making!
5 points.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 9/16/10

quintus_fontane wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:



Canada has no nukes last I checked.

You peoples may have helped with the Manhattan Project, but I don't recall you building or testing any of your own.

Which could prove to be the death of Canada someday.

Hell as I understand it you don't even have ABM's, so you wouldn't even be able to defend yourself from a missile.

So the way I see it is instead of complaining about tariffs against your wood, maybe you should be complaining about your lack of military to protect your own existence. Cause if Canada goes away, the U.S is going to be getting some new states.


Way to completely miss the point he was making!
5 points.


Actually I quoted him with the intent of mentioning their(Canada's) lack of nuclear weapons.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.