First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply The worst television show you've ever seen?
1185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/23/11

otaku_125 wrote:


DBZAOTA482 wrote:


otaku_125 wrote:


DBZAOTA482 wrote:


blue-y wrote:

Awful kiddy shows that i think are plain stupid such as Dora the Explorer (i came across this, not that i actually intend to watch this)

Pointless and awful reality shows such as Paris Hilton's (forgot the name), Jersey shore


I agree , that show is terrible, even for pre-school show standards. There's absolutely no educational value whatsoever, the only thing you learn from it is basic spanish, & if I wanted kids to learn to speak spanish, I'd suggest spanish classes for the summer instead of subjecting ANYONE to that mindless drivel


Yes, because normal parents enroll their three-year-olds in summer spanish school

You are 14 and 18 hating on a show made for preschool children. Get a life.


I don't really talk about Dora the Explora,if you like it I have nothing against you, but I still think it is uneducational, it sends no message , it's unrealistic, dull, not helpful,& pointless to watch.There are TONS of pre-school shows I can name that are so much better like Stantley,Franklein, Arthur,& Seasame Street.

If you want kids to learn spanish, watch another pre-school show in the same category,& you'll learn a lot more.


Really? Name one other show that teaches spanish to kids.

And about it being un educational, in my opinion, it is. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Spanish is widely spoken in the States, and is necessary in elementary school. In the show, they teach simple and everyday Spanish phrases and words to children. The point of the show is not so it's "Realistic", but to teach Spanish and still keep the fun, cute, innocent feel of an ordinary preschool show. Of course, since you're 14, you would think that it is dull and unhelpful and pointless. Because it wasn't made to target you.


I'll give you that it doesn't have to be realistic but other pre-school shows send many side-messages which Dora doesn't and, also
why doesn't stick to teaching spanish instead of all of that pointless time-killing exploring and add some pre-school show elements to learning spanish,with that change, the show would have gotten a thumbs up in my book,you'll learn spanish a lot faster too.I mean, would a fox go away if you say "Swipper no Swipping.", you'll get eaten; what show does that,even in the pre-school category?

I REPEAT : I do like Stantely,Arthur, & Frankelion.Even when I was a pre-schooler I didn't like Dora because of Dora's third-rate explorer skills,& the show 's utter lacks of passion of teaching kids like other pre-school shows , I was quite a critic then(still am).The show would have been fine with good execution and the show had a good concept too,but sadly for Dora, most of the show is exploring so not much progression in learning spanish is made in each episode,I even seen quite a number of episodes where no spanish was ever spoken which give me the impression that the show is a mere cash cow.

Why I like Stanley and hate Dora is that Stanley showcase a variety of morals, it actually sticks true to the show's premise,& it teaches a lot per episode.Dora isn't so educational, the only thing I see being educational in the show to pre-schoolers that's not about spanish is that stealing is wrong,that's about it.

And trust me,Dora isn't the worst the show out there, not by a long shot.
Posted 1/23/11


Bleh, nothing wrong with being a critic
Anyways, what an episode where no Spanish was spoken? Impossible! Because like many preschool shows, there are events that happen in every episode, in this case, "We did it!" "Backpack" "The Map" And that thing when they walk to the next location. In almost all of these Spanish was spoken. And in Dora, great many of their problems are fixed with Spanish.

And one reason why you think it's uneducational, is because you are only looking at the very obvious "lessons".
In every Dora episode, they have a problem. And by the end, it's solved. It teaches kids simple problem solving as well.

And sorry I got no idea what Stanley is

And wow, I can't believe we are having a debate on Dora XD
1185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/24/11

otaku_125 wrote:



Bleh, nothing wrong with being a critic
Anyways, what an episode where no Spanish was spoken? Impossible! Because like many preschool shows, there are events that happen in every episode, in this case, "We did it!" "Backpack" "The Map" And that thing when they walk to the next location. In almost all of these Spanish was spoken. And in Dora, great many of their problems are fixed with Spanish.

And one reason why you think it's uneducational, is because you are only looking at the very obvious "lessons".
In every Dora episode, they have a problem. And by the end, it's solved. It teaches kids simple problem solving as well.

And sorry I got no idea what Stanley is

And wow, I can't believe we are having a debate on Dora XD


Why would I waste time doing research on a show I hate?I have seen lot of episodes of Dora, it has it's moments no doubt,but in some of them spanish wasn't spoken for educational porpuses, I know the show tries to showcase simple problem solving, but do they really think toddlers are stupid enough not to see something right in front of them? Even a 3 year old can see the mountain without the dumb purple mouse.

You should know, it's the padding is what makes Dora bad....that and the show teaches the exact same thing for most episodes, no variation whatsoever, Dora is hardly the only pre-school show with that flaw, but it's so plain to see in Dora, the others atleast make up by showing other side-lessons with some variation to the main plot.

Oh and Stanley is another pre-school show where you learn about animals,not only that, it tackles many other dilemas, & it has great pace also it's quite enjoyable.That's how you make a good pre-school show;stays true to it's premise, teaches kids something new each episode , & the flow is well-done;Dora lacks that, in fact nowadays, most Nick jr. shows lack that.

I think we should end the debate, the show isn't worth it.

Still there's MUCH worse than Dora :

Reba

Johnny Test

Irate Gamer - Have you seen him?He's a *hack*..*hack*, his show's pacing is even worse than Dora's,& I swear his fanbase is younger than Dora's.

etc.
305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 2/1/11
The Bachelor
Everything about this show is fake.

Jersey Shore
Do I even need to explain?
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 2/6/11
Almost everything on Cartoon Network not anime-related.

WHAT THE F**K HAPPENED TO IT!?

SAME FOR DISNEY!!! OMG DO I MISS OLD-SCHOOL DISNEY. ALL THE SHOWS SUCK NOW.

Nick can still entertain me because Dan Schneider is pretty funny.
2957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Mongolia
Offline
Posted 2/13/11
no offense but Gossip girl
62035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/1/11
By far the worse television show was 'Picket Fence' awful awful show - why oh why did someone make this.

second would be Primevil (very very predictable) - the plot was the same in every episode: find dinosaur, run around and capture it, then a 2nd appears, catch that one, debate on whether this ethically right and begin again next week. NEVER WATCHED BEYOND SEASON 2
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/4/11
12268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / some where heaven...
Offline
Posted 3/5/11
sex and the city and Amazing Race....
544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New york
Offline
Posted 3/13/11
I personally dislike South Park, King of the Hill & Tim and Eric awesome show; great job.
151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/24/11
Ed Edd and Eddy
Ren and Stimpy
1692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 3/26/11
some reality shows on mtv and such.
419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / canada
Offline
Posted 3/27/11

firespot wrote:

I personally dislike South Park, King of the Hill & Tim and Eric awesome show; great job.


i agrre w/ u on the south park. i really don't see why people like it same with family guy i prefer Simpsons!
3520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 3/28/11 , edited 3/28/11
"Reality" TV in general.
1440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Your Closet
Offline
Posted 3/28/11
The wiggles --->
How queer? ._.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.