First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
cultural facts and opinions
10588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / ninja mode
Offline
Posted 9/20/10 , edited 9/20/10
post anything from myths,opinions,and facts regarding people from around the world. what's considered acceptable,and appropriate to every country around the world.

I'll start with 14 differences between Chinese women,and Japanese women. keep in mind not all that I write may be completely accurate or true. some of what I write maybe biased opinion,or pure fact. But,I'll try to write only things that are considered fact or culturally true...without further ado here are the differences culturally between the two women.

1.

Japanese women often teach their children to bravely fight the forces of evil, and even if they lose, it is still infinitely glorious, the highest honor.

Chinese women often teach their children that when they encounter the forces of evil they must be good at hiding/running away/avoiding. They say that God will punish them [the forces of evil].

2.

Japanese women believe Japan is the world’s greatest country.

Chinese women usually believe that the moon may be rounder abroad ["the grass is greener"].

3.

Japanese women usually believe marrying foreigners is a kind of disgrace.

Chinese women usually feel that marrying foreigners is a kind of infinite glory.

4.

Japanese women are normally lady-like, but dirty in bed.

Many Chinese women are lady-like in bed, but dirty out of bed.

5.

Most Japanese women abide by the rules of a woman, supporting her husband, raising her children, dutifully.

China is the world’s number one country for one-night stands and extramarital affairs.

6.

Japanese women are almost all very filial, seeing their mother-in-law as their own mother.

Most Chinese women are all too eager for their mother-in-law to quickly die.

7.

Japanese wives treat their husbands with encouragement and concern. Returning home late at night exhausted at the end of a day, the wife will say “you’ve had a tough day.”

Chinese wives treat their husbands with complaints and scolding. Returning home late at night exhausted at the end of a day, the wife will roar “where the hell did you go this time?”

8.

Most young Japanese girls will find a man who is around their age to marry, and make a life with him together.

Young Chinese girls always find a wealthy “old” man, and don’t mind even being his Nth mistress/wife.

9.

Japanese mothers teach their daughters to look after their husbands, and diligently be filial to her parents-in-law.

Chinese mothers teach their daughters that they must keep firm control of all the man’s assets.

10.

Japanese women can tolerate men without money [poor men], but definitely cannot tolerate cowardly and weak men.

Chinese women can tolerate cowardly and weak men, but definitely cannot tolerate men without money.

11.

Japanese women see manly men as the most charming men.

Chinese women see manly men as male chauvinists.

12.

Most Japanese women are very lenient towards men’s infidelity.

Most Chinese women are very lenient towards their own infidelity.

13.

Japanese women almost never say bad things about Japanese men in public or in the media.

Chinese women always loudly curse and mock Chinese men on various media.

14.

The first words of Japanese women on their wedding night is: “If I do not look after/service you well tonight, please be forgiving.”

The first words of Chinese women on their wedding night is: “Hurry and see how much money was received today.”


some mexican references

* Mexican folk dancing and music is an art form that has been kept very much alive to this day and varies slightly from region to region. The music groups that are so well known around the world and immediately associated to Mexico are the ever popular Mariachi bands.

* The Roman Catholic religion is very much a central part of life for many Mexicans, since colonial times when it was introduced to the region by the Spanish conquistadors. This is evident in the many religious festivals, parades and celebrations that are held in honor of the Madonna and patron saints.

Bullfighting in Mexico is also an extremely popular pastime– undoubtedly one of Spain’s most recognized cultural features, it was brought out to the Americas and took hold in Mexico. This old art form is becoming more and more controversial as many animal rights groups speak out against it. Nevertheless, the bull fights never fail to draw large crowds. Cockfighting is another popular (and legal) pastime here.
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/20/10
15. Japanese women tell their child that when they fight the forces of evil they must shout "HENSHIN"
10588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / ninja mode
Offline
Posted 9/20/10

moratorium wrote:

15. Japanese women tell their child that when they fight the forces of evil they must shout "HENSHIN"


remember it doesn't have to just relate to oriental culture.
Posted 9/20/10
Aren't most of these biased and inaccurate? Threads containing such subjects are usually a battleground for controversy.
10588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / ninja mode
Offline
Posted 9/20/10 , edited 9/20/10

LosingOrbit wrote:

Aren't most of these biased and inaccurate? Threads containing such subjects are usually a battleground for controversy.


until someone from the actual culture confirms that's inaccurate....than one can assume it's true. it's often hard to tell fact from fiction. but,in most cases all you need is a little common sense and a lot of research.
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/20/10

keelo wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:

Aren't most of these biased and inaccurate? Threads containing such subjects are usually a battleground for controversy.


until someone from the actual culture confirms that's inaccurate....than one can assume it's true. it's often hard to tell fact from fiction. but,in most cases all you need is a little common sense and a lot of research.


Its just stereotyping and stuff uve noted from pronz
2479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / CT
Offline
Posted 9/20/10
lol biased and innaccurate? Who would be able to debunk all of that...? These are all presumtious stereotypes, or at least they sound like they are - I've never heard any of the things on this list before now.
1512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/20/10
1. Japan makes the coolest gadgets and keep most of it for themselves.

2. China rips off everything Japan makes and sell them all over the world.

This sort of more like a fact. teehee
1512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/20/10
1. Japan's known for anime

2. China's known for being most populous country in the world

from my perspective
147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 9/20/10
Man, I'm Chinese and this makes me angry. I agree that some of the things on the list are true, but do you have to list them all out like that? Your stereotyping dude, and its like you have something against the Chinese by trying to make us look bad
315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 9/20/10
this thread is totally pointless.. OP open this to insult and bash other race..and making insulting statement anout one race.. job by a TROLL
10588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / ninja mode
Offline
Posted 9/20/10

moratorium wrote:


keelo wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:

Aren't most of these biased and inaccurate? Threads containing such subjects are usually a battleground for controversy.


until someone from the actual culture confirms that's inaccurate....than one can assume it's true. it's often hard to tell fact from fiction. but,in most cases all you need is a little common sense and a lot of research.


Its just stereotyping and stuff uve noted from pronz



no this example will be more biased to show the difference.

in china certain baby's are modified on the genetic level to make better athletes,and various other fields that the chinese government consider important. that my friend is an obvious stereotype. now then back on topic.


this bit relates to russia's culture in a way...some would call it news....I call it a cultural situation to reflect upon.

Things you should know when travelling to Russia

You are advised against all travel to the Chechen Republic or the neighboring North Caucasus region, including North Ossetia, Ingushetia, Dagestan, Stavropol, Karachayevo-Cherkessiya, and Kabardino-Balkariya. Canadians in Chechnya should leave. The security situation is unstable and dangerous. In addition to ongoing conflict in Chechnya, terrorist bombings and kidnappings are common, and Westerners are particularly targeted.

Violent crime has increased. Crime against foreigners is a serious problem. Pickpocketing, assaults, and robberies occur frequently and are often committed by groups of children. Vulnerable areas include underground walkways, subways, tourist sites, restaurants, airports, train stations, and hotel rooms and residences, even when locked and occupied.

Do not accept food or drinks from strangers. Do not leave food or drinks unattended in bars or restaurants. Cases of drugging followed by robbery and assault have occurred.

Extortion and corruption are common in the business environment. Organized criminal groups target foreign businesses and have been known to demand protection money under threat of serious violence. Extortion attempts should be reported to Russian authorities and officials at the Canadian Embassy in Moscow (see below).

Harassment and attacks on foreigners of Asian and African descent have increased. Canadians should exercise extreme caution in crowds and places frequented by skinhead groups, including open markets.

Some areas of the Russian Federation, particularly in Siberia and Eastern Russia, are closed to foreigners unless they have obtained government permission. Check with local authorities if you intend to diverge from commonly travelled routes.

Many Canadians are subject to identity checks by police, particularly when travelling by subway, train, and bus. Failure to provide proper documentation can result in detention or heavy fines. Visas, migration cards, and currency control documents are as important as your passport. Carrying photocopies of these documents is not sufficient and may cause inconvenience and delays if the police demand further identification. Travelers should carry originals of their passport, registered visas, migration card, currency control documents, and any photocopies at all times due to the likelihood of random police checks. Replacing these documents is extremely difficult and can delay return to Canada.

it sounds boring but, in case your traveling to russia it's useful info.
Posted 9/20/10

LosingOrbit wrote:

Aren't most of these biased and inaccurate? Threads containing such subjects are usually a battleground for controversy.


Mod.. this thread is racist..pls close it before it turn into a battleground.
374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 9/20/10

keelo wrote:

post anything from myths,opinions,and facts regarding people from around the world. what's considered acceptable,and appropriate to every country around the world.

I'll start with 14 differences between Chinese women,and Japanese women. keep in mind not all that I write may be completely accurate or true. some of what I write maybe biased opinion,or pure fact. But,I'll try to write only things that are considered fact or culturally true...without further ado here are the differences culturally between the two women.

1.

Japanese women often teach their children to bravely fight the forces of evil, and even if they lose, it is still infinitely glorious, the highest honor.

Chinese women often teach their children that when they encounter the forces of evil they must be good at hiding/running away/avoiding. They say that God will punish them [the forces of evil].

2.

Japanese women believe Japan is the world’s greatest country.

Chinese women usually believe that the moon may be rounder abroad ["the grass is greener"].

3.

Japanese women usually believe marrying foreigners is a kind of disgrace.

Chinese women usually feel that marrying foreigners is a kind of infinite glory.

4.

Japanese women are normally lady-like, but dirty in bed.

Many Chinese women are lady-like in bed, but dirty out of bed.

5.

Most Japanese women abide by the rules of a woman, supporting her husband, raising her children, dutifully.

China is the world’s number one country for one-night stands and extramarital affairs.

6.

Japanese women are almost all very filial, seeing their mother-in-law as their own mother.

Most Chinese women are all too eager for their mother-in-law to quickly die.

7.

Japanese wives treat their husbands with encouragement and concern. Returning home late at night exhausted at the end of a day, the wife will say “you’ve had a tough day.”

Chinese wives treat their husbands with complaints and scolding. Returning home late at night exhausted at the end of a day, the wife will roar “where the hell did you go this time?”

8.

Most young Japanese girls will find a man who is around their age to marry, and make a life with him together.

Young Chinese girls always find a wealthy “old” man, and don’t mind even being his Nth mistress/wife.

9.

Japanese mothers teach their daughters to look after their husbands, and diligently be filial to her parents-in-law.

Chinese mothers teach their daughters that they must keep firm control of all the man’s assets.

10.

Japanese women can tolerate men without money [poor men], but definitely cannot tolerate cowardly and weak men.

Chinese women can tolerate cowardly and weak men, but definitely cannot tolerate men without money.

11.

Japanese women see manly men as the most charming men.

Chinese women see manly men as male chauvinists.

12.

Most Japanese women are very lenient towards men’s infidelity.

Most Chinese women are very lenient towards their own infidelity.

13.

Japanese women almost never say bad things about Japanese men in public or in the media.

Chinese women always loudly curse and mock Chinese men on various media.

14.

The first words of Japanese women on their wedding night is: “If I do not look after/service you well tonight, please be forgiving.”

The first words of Chinese women on their wedding night is: “Hurry and see how much money was received today.”


BULLSHIT! what century are u living in now? Man u r being racist.. cant ppl live in world without racist.
10588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / ninja mode
Offline
Posted 9/20/10

bubbunny wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:

Aren't most of these biased and inaccurate? Threads containing such subjects are usually a battleground for controversy.


Mod.. this thread is racist..pls close it before it turn into a battleground.


the first mod on here didn't consider this racist...so I must ask why do you think this racist? some of these maybe stereotypes;but that doesn't make all of them stereotypes. must information comes from other sources...if that information is wrong,it's due to either bad information or misinterpretation said info. what I posted may be racist or misinformed data. but,that doesn't mean all of isn't true.

battleground for controversy...maybe but,that's only due to people getting offended over information they believe to be false,or not completely true.

thank you for your opinion. if you want to add something to the overall topic, be my guest. if not than this isn't the place to complain about such things. I was being very clear in my opening paragraph that all information would be true. some of it be biased opinion gathered on the web,and some of be facts. people have the right to judge if the info pertaining to this topic is incorrect. people you just be careful about what info they find.

If my original topic offended it you I apologize. about some of my gathered info having some errors in it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.