First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
The Origin of Human Morality is Social Intelligence
2319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / where the grass i...
Offline
Posted 9/25/10

DomFortress wrote:

Let's face it, if we were so smart as a specie among the family of great apes, we sure aren't performing as well as we ought to be with our economics. But scientifically speaking that's to be expected from us humans, just like how our monkey cousins would.

And that's not to say that historically speaking we were doing far better off with our traditions and superstitions, which are upheld by our organized religions and subsequently our formal institutions either. If anything, this only proves just how emotionally broken we are as a global society goes.

So the truth is that we just don't know for sure what is the objectively moral thing to do at all times not because we're born as immoral and sinful beings, no. But the fact is that most of us are just too stupid to even realized just how stupid we are as a specie, while we kept thinking ourselves as something that we're obviously not; smart. And ironically speaking the sooner that we can all realize this nature about ourselves, the better chance we can have at achieving an objective morality within our own individual lifetime. And this can only be done with humans as social animals socializing each others about social intelligence. Not with monetary incentives like the reward/fine systems. We're not the perfectly moral machines due to our buggy moral encoding, but that's precisely how we can innovate ourselves to become better than our previous generation with even more sexy ideas.


lol. You figured that out all by yourself? Xp
Posted 9/25/10

Northerner wrote:



I wonder the implication of kinesthetics as a social activity. Hands-on learning certainly helps certain bonds form. Several people can form connections physically. Hey, we have what might be an orgy in the works!
That's called dancing.


tarakelly wrote:


You may see me as a tool but I work for my own sake and do not even need to work now. I have been semi retired for some time now. You can play the game what will fix the world through socialized engineering. But people are just that people. They have their wants and dreams and many people get jealous of other. The jealously of others is such a twisted fate and self defeating. playing what fair to everyone will kill ambition. You can spin it any way you want. Now people here think they can get a free ride at the ballot box. Ignorance is bliss for a while and educated ignorance on economics is a fool with out a clue. To talk of ones philosophy that never worked is just talk. If you can play God and change all the things you may think will work that making People into Tools.
If anything, you're the one who's "playing God" with yourself downplaying human innovations, while you didn't even question just what makes people happy.


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Sometimes Dom waxes obscure for me. But I do get one part. He's basically saying we don't start life as fully paid up members of the human race. we learn to be human as we encounter and deal with other humans. We continue to grow as humans or fail to do so. by the amount and quality of contact we have with others, or don't.

I get that much and it's got nothing to do with Socialism or government. Please Tara, don't mistake Dom's philospical musings for political statements and Dom, give her a break, by her account she's lived a hard life and learned some hard lessons and bootstrapped herself to a position of comfort despite that. That accomplishment deserves a little respect. You know she's got her difficulties with written language if you always take her clumsiness for offense you'll socialize properly with Her.
If her condescending attitude was all that she's got as comfort, then she herself still got much to learn on how to elevate her own level of happiness. Her lack of language proficiency notwithstanding, I've never seen people with learning disability having this much negative attitude quite like she had. It's as if she never learned how to get help from others with things that were beyond her control in her life, and this attitude of hers was the only method she knows how to cope.


alupihan45 wrote:



lol. You figured that out all by yourself? Xp
Unless I was the only man on Earth, then no, I had helps in the form of other people's expert opinions and personal experiences. All I managed to do was me seeing the patterns for myself.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 9/25/10

DomFortress wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Sometimes Dom waxes obscure for me. But I do get one part. He's basically saying we don't start life as fully paid up members of the human race. we learn to be human as we encounter and deal with other humans. We continue to grow as humans or fail to do so. by the amount and quality of contact we have with others, or don't.

I get that much and it's got nothing to do with Socialism or government. Please Tara, don't mistake Dom's philospical musings for political statements and Dom, give her a break, by her account she's lived a hard life and learned some hard lessons and bootstrapped herself to a position of comfort despite that. That accomplishment deserves a little respect. You know she's got her difficulties with written language if you always take her clumsiness for offense you'll socialize properly with Her.
If her condescending attitude was all that she's got as comfort, then she herself still got much to learn on how to elevate her own level of happiness. Her lack of language proficiency notwithstanding, I've never seen people with learning disability having this much negative attitude quite like she had. It's as if she never learned how to get help from others with things that were beyond her control in her life, and this attitude of hers was the only method she knows how to cope.



Or you could just go on being a dick, that's another way to go. As for condescending... Hell Mr. Kettle! I am Mr. Pot. You are black.





10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 9/25/10
Everybody knows the vast majority of humans are stupid, the intelligent ones come out on top.
Posted 9/25/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Sometimes Dom waxes obscure for me. But I do get one part. He's basically saying we don't start life as fully paid up members of the human race. we learn to be human as we encounter and deal with other humans. We continue to grow as humans or fail to do so. by the amount and quality of contact we have with others, or don't.

I get that much and it's got nothing to do with Socialism or government. Please Tara, don't mistake Dom's philospical musings for political statements and Dom, give her a break, by her account she's lived a hard life and learned some hard lessons and bootstrapped herself to a position of comfort despite that. That accomplishment deserves a little respect. You know she's got her difficulties with written language if you always take her clumsiness for offense you'll socialize properly with Her.
If her condescending attitude was all that she's got as comfort, then she herself still got much to learn on how to elevate her own level of happiness. Her lack of language proficiency notwithstanding, I've never seen people with learning disability having this much negative attitude quite like she had. It's as if she never learned how to get help from others with things that were beyond her control in her life, and this attitude of hers was the only method she knows how to cope.



Or you could just go on being a dick, that's another way to go. As for condescending... Hell Mr. Kettle! I am Mr. Pot. You are black.







Dicks get all the chicks. You can see why he does this.
Posted 9/25/10 , edited 9/25/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Or you could just go on being a dick, that's another way to go. As for condescending... Hell Mr. Kettle! I am Mr. Pot. You are black.
I can only meet her half-way as equal, due to my own personal conviction of non-interference. While she OTOH was used to treating others from a self-proclaimed superiority, but in fact it's only her seniority of herself being grumpy. Furthermore, I've studied my own grandpa's ethic as to how he treated others while he was still alive. And he had earn far greater respect from his subordinates as well as his peers, only because he stood up against the injustice of his superiors and senior executives. The end result was he took the responsibility of reporting the white-collar crime on one of his subordinates; he got fired for mismanagement.

Now you tell me, why should I respect the unjust ruling of another? When "always respect your elders" was one of those Chinese ethnic culture that I didn't agree nor internalize, for obvious reason.


Allhailodin wrote:

Everybody knows the vast majority of humans are stupid, the intelligent ones come out on top.
The "intelligent" ones will do the objectively moral thing, the bullies will oppress one another, while the rest just wanted to be treated with human dignity.


Northerner wrote:



Dicks get all the chicks. You can see why he does this.
Because women want to be treated as equal, in a world that's still unjustly or traditionally male gender biased. I OTOH will do what I can, and if that means myself being a dick to the greatest injustice of this world, then so be it.
Posted 9/25/10


That's a good way of putting it. You can't be kind to those who are unkind. If you allow people to walk allover you, then what is there for you to find in this world? It's dog eat dog.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 9/25/10
okay so it was unjust of her to accuse you of living in a star trek fantasy world.
On the other she strikes me has one of those pragmatic people who worked with their hands and owe everything they have to their own blood sweat and tears. combine that with whatever disability is creating her unique communication barrier and I can see why she seems condesding at times. I'm willing to cut her some slack because I feel she can be reasoned with. And it's not like I'm unwilling to pull her to the curb when I think she's over stated herself. You on the other hand, counterattack. How's that working out for you?
Posted 9/25/10

Northerner wrote:



That's a good way of putting it. You can't be kind to those who are unkind. If you allow people to walk allover you, then what is there for you to find in this world? It's dog eat dog.
I also remembered another more radical example for your previous suggestion.
Posted 9/25/10


The video was blocked. What was it about?
Posted 9/25/10

Northerner wrote:



The video was blocked. What was it about?
Fixed the link within your spoiler tag, try it now.
Posted 9/25/10

DomFortress wrote:


Northerner wrote:



The video was blocked. What was it about?
Fixed the link within your spoiler tag, try it now.


The link isn't the problem. This message comes up above; "This video contains content from NBC Universal, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." So, I can't watch it.
Posted 9/25/10 , edited 9/25/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

okay so it was unjust of her to accuse you of living in a star trek fantasy world.
On the other she strikes me has one of those pragmatic people who worked with their hands and owe everything they have to their own blood sweat and tears. combine that with whatever disability is creating her unique communication barrier and I can see why she seems condesding at times. I'm willing to cut her some slack because I feel she can be reasoned with. And it's not like I'm unwilling to pull her to the curb when I think she's over stated herself. You on the other hand, counterattack. How's that working out for you?
Like I said, it hasn't won me any election yet. But it does get my point across every single time.


Northerner wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


Northerner wrote:



The video was blocked. What was it about?
Fixed the link within your spoiler tag, try it now.


The link isn't the problem. This message comes up above; "This video contains content from NBC Universal, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." So, I can't watch it.
The stricter copyrights law in the US, OK then:

Meanwhile, Huo’s fame spread. In 1901, a Russian strongman was making the rounds in Tianjin, challenging Chinese fighters and calling the Chinese “The sick men of Asia.” According to legend, when no other Chinese fighter would anwer the Russian’s challenge, Huo stepped up and accepted the fight. The Russian then allegedly backed out claiming to be only a showman. The Russian was asked, and apparently agreed, to write a letter to the Tianjin newspaper retracting his claims slandering the Chinese people though I haven’t been able to find a copy or record of this letter so far.

In 1909, another foreign fighter, the English boxer Hercules O’Brien, put an advertisement in the Shanghai newspapers insulting the Chinese as weak. Huo asked his friends to go to Shanghai and arrange a fight. After considerable negotiations (O’Brien wanted only punches above the waist and no kicking), the terms of the fight were settled. According to most of the accounts I have read, O’Brien grew so concerned about Huo’s fearsome reputation that he ended up fleeing the country and apparently the fight never took place.

Huo capitalized on his fame and with the help of investors, including his old friend Nong Jinsun, established his legacy: the Jing Wu Athletic Society. (精武体操学校 later changed to 精武体育会) He attracted many students as well as the attention of some of China’s leading figures. Sun Yatsen (孙中山) himself praised the school and said, regarding the Jing Wu Society, “To make a country strong, everyone must practice the martial arts.” (欲使国强,非人人习武不可) Dr. Sun even graced the school with his calligraphy (such as it was) inscribing the words for martial spirit (尚武精神) and giving it as a gift to the club. (citation)
65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Online
Posted 9/25/10
I never meant to come across as condescending to anyone. When I talk to people in person condensing would be the last thing anyone would say about me. Reading complete statement is then to sum them up is a different world to me. You can be very hard on people and then assume yourself with your retorts. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My way of writing is to simplify the statement made to its simplest from, and then give my interruption of what I think. I dealt with your style enough to understand you will pick apart the section that suite your own agenda. Then you amuse yourself with what been picked apart. In person it would be fun to debate you dark humor and sarcasm and one liner are my specialty. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Companies and corporation have used my work my designs to put tens of thousands to work could somebody else have done it yes. Another EE would have done the work differently but still the same outcome. I was just at the right spot and time and I had help getting my degree which was not easy for me. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The owner of the company I started with helped me get into college and pulled strings about my disabilities. He was a man of real faith in god and even knowing at the time in my life being a person of no faith he still helped me and never brought his beliefs to me. Why did he like me it was my design work and my ability to tie old and knew electronics together! He also liked that i did not try show off. For me Kiss was my way of design work (Keep it simple stupide). I even put books together so electrician and EE could read and understand without insulting the higher up intellect. Buy that only happen do Karen work she would take what i said and put it no paper for me. Then we would work out the bugs. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------By no means do i hold myself higher than other. I do have a strong beliefs system in republic type government. This produced many of the scullers that have been mention, in many form. What funny many never had a job but to think! One thing on job sight if any one has any knew ideals let me know and if you do not know let me know and I will teach you. Ed taught me to respect other workers even if they had a hard time, accepting me as the boss. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------By the way I had to deal with men all the time that wanted to change me and Con Fu was my defense in many cases. Disabling a large worker made the others think twice. I do practice some but need to do more it helps with the PTSD to calm down. I have a new tie chi D.V.D. it not supposed to be as hard on my body. This is to clear up miss understandings not apology you do think very highly of yourself which is a good thing most the time
Posted 9/25/10

tarakelly wrote:

I never meant to come across as condescending to anyone. When I talk to people in person condensing would be the last thing anyone would say about me. Reading complete statement is then to sum them up is a different world to me. You can be very hard on people and then assume yourself with your retorts. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My way of writing is to simplify the statement made to its simplest from, and then give my interruption of what I think. I dealt with your style enough to understand you will pick apart the section that suite your own agenda. Then you amuse yourself with what been picked apart. In person it would be fun to debate you dark humor and sarcasm and one liner are my specialty. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Companies and corporation have used my work my designs to put tens of thousands to work could somebody else have done it yes. Another EE would have done the work differently but still the same outcome. I was just at the right spot and time and I had help getting my degree which was not easy for me. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The owner of the company I started with helped me get into college and pulled strings about my disabilities. He was a man of real faith in god and even knowing at the time in my life being a person of no faith he still helped me and never brought his beliefs to me. Why did he like me it was my design work and my ability to tie old and knew electronics together! He also liked that i did not try show off. For me Kiss was my way of design work (Keep it simple stupide). I even put books together so electrician and EE could read and understand without insulting the higher up intellect. Buy that only happen do Karen work she would take what i said and put it no paper for me. Then we would work out the bugs. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------By no means do i hold myself higher than other. I do have a strong beliefs system in republic type government. This produced many of the scullers that have been mention, in many form. What funny many never had a job but to think! One thing on job sight if any one has any knew ideals let me know and if you do not know let me know and I will teach you. Ed taught me to respect other workers even if they had a hard time, accepting me as the boss. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------By the way I had to deal with men all the time that wanted to change me and Con Fu was my defense in many cases. Disabling a large worker made the others think twice. I do practice some but need to do more it helps with the PTSD to calm down. I have a new tie chi D.V.D. it not supposed to be as hard on my body. This is to clear up miss understandings not apology you do think very highly of yourself which is a good thing most the time


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------b&

Tai Chi is not meant to calm you down. It is meant to strengthen you so you don't have to get so frustrated.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.