First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
brainwashing?
2258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Unknown Planet
Offline
Posted 9/30/10
so many think Harry Potter is the devil. Its rediculous. Hes a fictional character and does not exist. Get over yourself people. I have seen this once before. It has not changed my view on anything. Let them people believe what they want. I love God. I like Harry Potter. If that makes me a saitan worshiper in their eyes then... whatever
30948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/30/10
This world would be a much better place without Christians.
65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 10/1/10
Do you mean like washing your feet and pulling out a carpet to worship 5 times a day crazy, or just self inflicted brainwashing.
Posted 10/1/10
Wash your hands... with this Nestle bottle. o_o Anyways, that's horrible. D:
44256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/10
Hmm. I think I need to drink more Nestle water.
Posted 10/1/10
I watched this documentary on youtube and I have to say it's messed up. It's sad a lot of the stuff they say is just plain inaccurate and it just shows u how ignorant they are for saying it. But honestly I've had many run-ins with these type of people and they are infuriating at times. They block out anything they don't want to hear or they change the subject on u, so it's useless trying to reason with them. I've been to a couple of their "recruitment gatherings" as I call them and I felt very uneasy, one was when I first went to college, that's what I get for living in the middle of the Bible Belt. Honestly I don't really classify Evangelicals as Christians even though they claim themselves as such. To me they aren't any better than the " Islamic terrorists" they bash so much. Also all the God told me this, God wanted me to do this, I don't think God wanted me to do this, etc etc gets very annoying. Please u don't need to say God every few sentences. I'm glad my parents raised me without religion. It's also interesting how the more educated someone is the less religious they are.
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/10 , edited 10/1/10

Snugglemuffins wrote:

I watched this documentary on youtube and I have to say it's messed up. It's sad a lot of the stuff they say is just plain inaccurate and it just shows u how ignorant they are for saying it. But honestly I've had many run-ins with these type of people and they are infuriating at times. They block out anything they don't want to hear or they change the subject on u, so it's useless trying to reason with them. I've been to a couple of their "recruitment gatherings" as I call them and I felt very uneasy, one was when I first went to college, that's what I get for living in the middle of the Bible Belt. Honestly I don't really classify Evangelicals as Christians even though they claim themselves as such. To me they aren't any better than the " Islamic terrorists" they bash so much. Also all the God told me this, God wanted me to do this, I don't think God wanted me to do this, etc etc gets very annoying. Please u don't need to say God every few sentences. I'm glad my parents raised me without religion. It's also interesting how the more educated someone is the less religious they are.


Its people




religion is not a living breathing person telling them what to do people just do because they choose. u know what i am saying?


its like saying a rock told me to kill someone
Posted 10/1/10

moratorium wrote:


Snugglemuffins wrote:

I watched this documentary on youtube and I have to say it's messed up. It's sad a lot of the stuff they say is just plain inaccurate and it just shows u how ignorant they are for saying it. But honestly I've had many run-ins with these type of people and they are infuriating at times. They block out anything they don't want to hear or they change the subject on u, so it's useless trying to reason with them. I've been to a couple of their "recruitment gatherings" as I call them and I felt very uneasy, one was when I first went to college, that's what I get for living in the middle of the Bible Belt. Honestly I don't really classify Evangelicals as Christians even though they claim themselves as such. To me they aren't any better than the " Islamic terrorists" they bash so much. Also all the God told me this, God wanted me to do this, I don't think God wanted me to do this, etc etc gets very annoying. Please u don't need to say God every few sentences. I'm glad my parents raised me without religion. It's also interesting how the more educated someone is the less religious they are.


Its people




religion is not a living breathing person telling them what to do people just do because they choose. u know what i am saying?


its like saying a rock told me to kill someone


Yea, I know that. It's just those people as a whole are annoying and infuriating. I know religion is not a living thing. It's just an invention of man that can be used in very bad ways.
2074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Bulacan
Offline
Posted 10/1/10
I know this is some crazy talk...

why combine Harry Potter with God....

that's quite a big gap....

a fictional character with
our own creator....

i feel sorry for the kids listening

this may get them so confused about what God and religion is alll about,...........
Posted 10/1/10 , edited 10/1/10

moratorium wrote:


Snugglemuffins wrote:


moratorium wrote:


Snugglemuffins wrote:

I watched this documentary on youtube and I have to say it's messed up. It's sad a lot of the stuff they say is just plain inaccurate and it just shows u how ignorant they are for saying it. But honestly I've had many run-ins with these type of people and they are infuriating at times. They block out anything they don't want to hear or they change the subject on u, so it's useless trying to reason with them. I've been to a couple of their "recruitment gatherings" as I call them and I felt very uneasy, one was when I first went to college, that's what I get for living in the middle of the Bible Belt. Honestly I don't really classify Evangelicals as Christians even though they claim themselves as such. To me they aren't any better than the " Islamic terrorists" they bash so much. Also all the God told me this, God wanted me to do this, I don't think God wanted me to do this, etc etc gets very annoying. Please u don't need to say God every few sentences. I'm glad my parents raised me without religion. It's also interesting how the more educated someone is the less religious they are.


Its people




religion is not a living breathing person telling them what to do people just do because they choose. u know what i am saying?


its like saying a rock told me to kill someone


Yea, I know that. It's just those people as a whole are annoying and infuriating. I know religion is not a living thing. It's just an invention of man that can be used in very bad ways.


well that statement kinda goes against my beliefs


Sorry. But my belief is that it's so. I believe the whole reason religion came about was to help explain what couldn't be explained. Whether there is a higher power or higher powers or not is something no one knows even if they claim to know. The thing is we may never know. To be honest Bible stories seems like mythology to me and seems to borrow numerous elements from stories from older religions which are now refereed to as mythology. And honestly the more I learn the more it seems so. I personally started to question almost everything I was taught, I realized u shouldn't take everything u learn and hear to heart. I try to have an objective view of the world.

25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/10

Snugglemuffins wrote:


moratorium wrote:


Snugglemuffins wrote:


moratorium wrote:


Snugglemuffins wrote:

I watched this documentary on youtube and I have to say it's messed up. It's sad a lot of the stuff they say is just plain inaccurate and it just shows u how ignorant they are for saying it. But honestly I've had many run-ins with these type of people and they are infuriating at times. They block out anything they don't want to hear or they change the subject on u, so it's useless trying to reason with them. I've been to a couple of their "recruitment gatherings" as I call them and I felt very uneasy, one was when I first went to college, that's what I get for living in the middle of the Bible Belt. Honestly I don't really classify Evangelicals as Christians even though they claim themselves as such. To me they aren't any better than the " Islamic terrorists" they bash so much. Also all the God told me this, God wanted me to do this, I don't think God wanted me to do this, etc etc gets very annoying. Please u don't need to say God every few sentences. I'm glad my parents raised me without religion. It's also interesting how the more educated someone is the less religious they are.


Its people




religion is not a living breathing person telling them what to do people just do because they choose. u know what i am saying?


its like saying a rock told me to kill someone


Yea, I know that. It's just those people as a whole are annoying and infuriating. I know religion is not a living thing. It's just an invention of man that can be used in very bad ways.


well that statement kinda goes against my beliefs


Sorry. But my belief is that it's so. I believe the whole reason religion came about was to help explain what couldn't be explained. Whether there is a higher power or higher powers or not is something no one knows even if they claim to know. The thing is we may never know. To be honest Bible stories seems like mythology to me and seems to borrow numerous elements from stories from older religions which are now refereed to as mythology. And honestly the more I learn the more it seems so. I personally started to question almost everything I was taught, I realized u shouldn't take everything u learn and hear to heart. I try to have an objective view of the world.




basically I dont let other people spoon feed me my belief system or my opinions on things i make my own decisions.

if thats how u feel thats fine, but honestly im not going to waste time arguing with people(all people cause u do get those a holes here and there that think they are the gift to everything that is knowledge.)
Posted 10/1/10

moratorium wrote:


Snugglemuffins wrote:


moratorium wrote:


Snugglemuffins wrote:


moratorium wrote:


Snugglemuffins wrote:

I watched this documentary on youtube and I have to say it's messed up. It's sad a lot of the stuff they say is just plain inaccurate and it just shows u how ignorant they are for saying it. But honestly I've had many run-ins with these type of people and they are infuriating at times. They block out anything they don't want to hear or they change the subject on u, so it's useless trying to reason with them. I've been to a couple of their "recruitment gatherings" as I call them and I felt very uneasy, one was when I first went to college, that's what I get for living in the middle of the Bible Belt. Honestly I don't really classify Evangelicals as Christians even though they claim themselves as such. To me they aren't any better than the " Islamic terrorists" they bash so much. Also all the God told me this, God wanted me to do this, I don't think God wanted me to do this, etc etc gets very annoying. Please u don't need to say God every few sentences. I'm glad my parents raised me without religion. It's also interesting how the more educated someone is the less religious they are.


Its people




religion is not a living breathing person telling them what to do people just do because they choose. u know what i am saying?


its like saying a rock told me to kill someone


Yea, I know that. It's just those people as a whole are annoying and infuriating. I know religion is not a living thing. It's just an invention of man that can be used in very bad ways.


well that statement kinda goes against my beliefs


Sorry. But my belief is that it's so. I believe the whole reason religion came about was to help explain what couldn't be explained. Whether there is a higher power or higher powers or not is something no one knows even if they claim to know. The thing is we may never know. To be honest Bible stories seems like mythology to me and seems to borrow numerous elements from stories from older religions which are now refereed to as mythology. And honestly the more I learn the more it seems so. I personally started to question almost everything I was taught, I realized u shouldn't take everything u learn and hear to heart. I try to have an objective view of the world.




basically I dont let other people spoon feed me my belief system or my opinions on things i make my own decisions.

if thats how u feel thats fine, but honestly im not going to waste time arguing with people(all people cause u do get those a holes here and there that think they are the gift to everything that is knowledge.)


Sorry if I came off nasty. I wasn't implying u were like that or anything like that. I was just stating my own beliefs and that I don't take things I hear to heart and that I like to strive to learn more.
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/10 , edited 10/1/10


just those ppl that engage in those you're wrong im right conversations.
im fine with you saying what you think about something, but im not about to engage in a conversation about superiority in terms of belief systems.


Posted 10/1/10

moratorium wrote:




I see. I wasn't trying to start that kind of argument. If it seemed like that I'm sorry. U seem to be implying that I was trying to start that kind of convo by how u replied.
410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/1/10
Brainwashing is pretty much just saying something you're unsure of(like something based off faith(all religions)) like it's a fact.

I find the best method of approach is to ignore them and not try to convince them they're wrong, because they've already made up their minds before they started talking; the epitome of narrow-mindedness.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.