First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
MyHome?
35491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 1/9/08
Ok I've been wondering why we need the MyHome page, cause to me it's basically the same thing as the Notifications page but with extra crap.

~~List~~
~~NEW~~
~~OLD~~
~~WORSE~~
~~POINTLESS~~
~~~BETTER~~

Here is the Notifications menu

You can view buddy requests, group invites, guestbook entries, photo comments, and quoted forum posts

Here are images of the MyHome page with images that show the MyProfile page which is basically your account settings page

Guestbook Myhome


Guestbook MyProfile


Notice you can Pm-to-PM on the MyProfile but you cant on the MyHome, Also if you have noticed this is the account settings page too
~~WORSE~~


MyHome New Stuff and Recently Watched

New Stuff? isnt that Basically the Notifications page right there? ~~OLD~~
Recently watched is nice they, you can even remove videos from the recently watched ~~NEW~~

MyHome BuddyList

You can change your status and view your favorites to see who is on or off and their status message. You can also View your Favorite groups, but you cant change the header like the comment says, thats only for your name?

MyProfile BuddyList

I know the profile has to look good but cant you change it?
~~BETTER~~ only if you move it to the MyProfile Page or Account Settings Page, otherwise its ~~POINTLESS~~


MyHome Inbox

We have a Inbox already, and yet you think we need to view it on another page?
~~POINTLESS~~



My Idea Mix Account Settings With MyHome and Notifications and you get a somewhat decent edit your profile and view new things page.

Here is another Idea...

On your profile next to your favorites it would be nice to have a section called "MySupporters" so that way you can give thanks to those that buy you badges

Example:

This would be a nice thing to have.



18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 1/9/08
i absolutely hate this new home thing.. i prefer the old one
26032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Saudia Arabia
Offline
Posted 1/9/08

ailin350 wrote:

i absolutely hate this new home thing.. i prefer the old one


agree with you
2193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Unknown
Offline
Posted 1/9/08
me too
6087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Fresno, CA
Offline
Posted 1/9/08
Another useless thread that could be expressed to the mods or some where else.
35491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 1/9/08

Choua wrote:

Another useless thread that could be expressed to the mods or some where else.


I don't believe its useless, I believe we could get some actually discussion going on if you people would comment more and stop writing tiny ass sentences. and you believe this is useless don't comment.

Please only post if you have ideas or thoughts on the matter saying "me too" isn't discussion so please someone speak there mind about the myhome and not about the bull crap you are now >_>

15332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/9/08
myhome doesnt benefit me much
6087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Fresno, CA
Offline
Posted 1/9/08

gunblastergun wrote:


Choua wrote:

Another useless thread that could be expressed to the mods or some where else.


I don't believe its useless, I believe we could get some actually discussion going on if you people would comment more and stop writing tiny ass sentences. and you believe this is useless don't comment.

Please only post if you have ideas or thoughts on the matter saying "me too" isn't discussion so please someone speak there mind about the myhome and not about the bull crap you are now >_>



I believe there is a different way to express your ideas to the mods and admins without creating a huge thread. Either way, I'm done here, especially for people who don't look scroll down on the forum page and see the Site Feedback and Help area....people these days I swear.

35491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 1/9/08

Choua wrote:


gunblastergun wrote:


Choua wrote:

Another useless thread that could be expressed to the mods or some where else.


I don't believe its useless, I believe we could get some actually discussion going on if you people would comment more and stop writing tiny ass sentences. and you believe this is useless don't comment.

Please only post if you have ideas or thoughts on the matter saying "me too" isn't discussion so please someone speak there mind about the myhome and not about the bull crap you are now >_>



I believe there is a different way to express your ideas to the mods and admins without creating a huge thread. Either way, I'm done here.


Exactly what i was expecting you to say >_> even if you report the myhome as a useless page to the mods what can they do about it, they can tell shinji but thats it, then shinji can decide what to do about it. So I created this thread to talk about since its gonna be around for a while
Posted 1/9/08
I think gun has placed this in a different place, but if you flame it up, a mod won't move it, just lock it.
Lets talk about what we think of Gun's post instead. With the 'supporters' idea I don't agree with it. People we call 'noobs' or 'nubcakes' will most likely search for users with a CR star and see if they have any supporters. They'll then think that if they become friends with the supporter, they'll have a chance at getting a star. And if plan A fails, they'll go for plan B which is ask repeatively if they can get a star.
Just my thoughts. =]
35491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 1/9/08

GreenPoison wrote:

I think gun has placed this in a different place, but if you flame it up, a mod won't move it, just lock it.
Lets talk about what we think of Gun's post instead. With the 'supporters' idea I don't agree with it. People we call 'noobs' or 'nubcakes' will most likely search for users with a CR star and see if they have any supporters. They'll then think that if they become friends with the supporter, they'll have a chance at getting a star. And if plan A fails, they'll go for plan B which is ask repeatively if they can get a star.
Just my thoughts. =]


half the people that get badges from some one post them in their profile anyway so why not have?, make it optional?
Posted 1/9/08
It might be better if its optional, though its all up to shinji and weither he thinks its a good idea or not. The 'noobs' probably don't spend time reading someones profile to work out if they have someone supporting them or not, why advertise and make it easier?
=]
35491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 1/9/08

GreenPoison wrote:

It might be better if its optional, though its all up to shinji and weither he thinks its a good idea or not. The 'noobs' probably don't spend time reading someones profile to work out if they have someone supporting them or not, why advertise and make it easier?
=]


I agree with you on the noobs if you look at the picture with my inbox, only 3 of those messages are not Hate mail, or spam
26342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Stamford, CT
Offline
Posted 1/9/08
I think it's somewhat okay!! it's new! just give them a chance to tweek it up a bit
35491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 1/9/08
thats what I'm saying if you tweek it up with account settings and the edit profile thingy, along with the notifications it would be fine, but no, shinji thought we should have 50000 different ways to do 1 thing >_>
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.