First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Impressions on To Aru Majutsu no Index season 2
24696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your heart.
Online
Posted 1/9/11

LelouchKyonConan wrote:


Laharlt wrote:


LelouchKyonConan wrote:

oh isn't this a popular light novel with a trap? how good is it?


Trap? So far there hasn't been any traps. Its pretty good though. Of course you should start watching with the first season and if you like it you can also try watching To Aru Kagaku no Railgun which centers around another character from the Index series.


oh I saw a mention of trap somewhere

but the best trap is hideyoshi!


Must have been that thing going around a wile ago about Index being a trap. Not true. Trust me, I've checked.
2015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 1/9/11

smaragdos wrote:


LelouchKyonConan wrote:


Laharlt wrote:


LelouchKyonConan wrote:

oh isn't this a popular light novel with a trap? how good is it?


Trap? So far there hasn't been any traps. Its pretty good though. Of course you should start watching with the first season and if you like it you can also try watching To Aru Kagaku no Railgun which centers around another character from the Index series.


oh I saw a mention of trap somewhere

but the best trap is hideyoshi!


Must have been that thing going around a wile ago about Index being a trap. Not true. Trust me, I've checked.


Well I herd tie is a popular light Novel series will try
6084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Massachusetts, Ca...
Offline
Posted 1/9/11
The only real things that have happened so far involve Touma going off on a 15 minute moral speech and then proceeding to punch a woman in the face, with the one exception of Accelerator just going for the punch in the face.

Every Arc.

I pray that most of the funding for S2 was saved up for the 8-episode Acelerator arc. I pray.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Orlando, FL USA
Offline
Posted 1/10/11
To respond to some earlier questions regarding the Move Point arc...

Re: who beat up Move Point Girl's cohorts. I'm fairly sure it's that woman who was taking care of Accelerator and a bunch her Anti Skill friends (I think it was her voice on the communicator). It appears Anti Skill does much better off camera than on.

Re: Accelerator's power. He could indeed change the vectors of anything that gets near him. In season 1 his default setting was "reflect everything back where it came from". At full power, he's pretty much invincible to everything but Touma fists (or depriving him of air, which he almost did to himself a couple of times). The season 2 Accelerator is limited to short amounts of time, and I'm pretty sure Little Misaka can shut him down at will.

Re: Kanzaki's power. She's probably the most powerful magician anyone has seen yet (identified as a Saint, which is a Big Deal in this universe). Touma never got close to beating her - he more or less talked her out of fighting.

Re: Stiyl's power. Stiyl seems a fairly powerful magician... perhaps roughly equal to Kuroko in general power and combat ability.

Re: Science and Magic. This is up in the air at the moment. I happen to think one can result from the other but they can't really mix them without causing great harm. The guy who mixes them can get away with a bit of it because his ability is probably related to self-healing.

Re: Upside Down Man. The apparent Big Cheese of Academy City. Identified as Alistair Crowley at the end of season 1 (he's a real historical person, look him up). Probably the Big Bad Evil Dude of this series. Real name was Edward Alexander... which happens to be the author of that Book of Law thing from the early arc.

1363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / South Carolina
Offline
Posted 1/15/11
I like this show, but I find it extremely insulting to catholics.
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/29/11
Yayyyyy... the boring part is over Back To Mikasa
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 1/29/11

CG111777 wrote:

I like this show, but I find it extremely insulting to catholics.


implying that's bad thing. lol that aside i really like it myself
2528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / America
Offline
Posted 1/29/11

Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


CG111777 wrote:

I like this show, but I find it extremely insulting to catholics.


implying that's bad thing. lol that aside i really like it myself


Although this anime is very BAD-ASS, they are really abusing religion and their believers. They portray them as insane people or make act all perverted .
441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/29/11
I LOVE IT.
114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M
Offline
Posted 1/29/11
I really want someone to license it and bring it over here. It deserves a serious look. However, I think having the Roman Catholic Church as the bad guys for most of the series will hamper things. That is sad. I really enjoy all of it (Index, Index II, Railgun, and OVAs). I have even imported several character goods from Japan. The Railgun manga are being translated and released here, but that's like a side story with no frame of reference without Index. I would also like to see the novels translated. Probably too much to ask for.
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 1/29/11

Ryk_ wrote:

I really want someone to license it and bring it over here. It deserves a serious look. However, I think having the Roman Catholic Church as the bad guys for most of the series will hamper things. That is sad. I really enjoy all of it (Index, Index II, Railgun, and OVAs). I have even imported several character goods from Japan. The Railgun manga are being translated and released here, but that's like a side story with no frame of reference without Index. I would also like to see the novels translated. Probably too much to ask for.


well funimation did licesne the 1st season of index and railgun but it will not come out till later this year.
http://boards.ign.com/anime_general_board/b5036/193502264/p1/
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/29/11

confuser987 wrote:


Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


CG111777 wrote:

I like this show, but I find it extremely insulting to catholics.


implying that's bad thing. lol that aside i really like it myself


Although this anime is very BAD-ASS, they are really abusing religion and their believers. They portray them as insane people or make act all perverted .


One could argue that it's the same for non-catholics and none believers. Most of the scientist type villains have been just as crazed and abusive. No one here argues that that this puts the pursuit of science in a bad light.

The... thing ... that runs Academy City is supposedly Alistair Crowley. Google Him... tell me if you'd feel happy with him in charge of anything.

I'm not sure Anglican/Episcalians have progressed far enough to be happy with the ideal of a female Arch Bishop of Canterbury

The thing that makes the Catholic church stand out as a villian group in this series is that it's a group. The individual Magi, Vampires, Sociopaths, Rogue unscrupulous research groups have usually been too small to last more than a story arc or two. And mostly for that church it's the fact that it's a hierarchy and it contains some sanctimonious self righteous jerks at the top.

Individual believers a mostly portrayed in a positive light, Orsola, the Trio of elite battle nuns, almost everyone of the Amakusa are believers too. and while it's taken a bit of nanoha style 'befriending' they're basically portrayed as good people.


24696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your heart.
Online
Posted 1/29/11
Yay! Enough of the mindless religion conflicts! Moar Misaka in episode 17!
1363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / South Carolina
Offline
Posted 1/30/11

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


confuser987 wrote:


Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


CG111777 wrote:

I like this show, but I find it extremely insulting to catholics.


implying that's bad thing. lol that aside i really like it myself


Although this anime is very BAD-ASS, they are really abusing religion and their believers. They portray them as insane people or make act all perverted .


One could argue that it's the same for non-catholics and none believers. Most of the scientist type villains have been just as crazed and abusive. No one here argues that that this puts the pursuit of science in a bad light.

The... thing ... that runs Academy City is supposedly Alistair Crowley. Google Him... tell me if you'd feel happy with him in charge of anything.

I'm not sure Anglican/Episcalians have progressed far enough to be happy with the ideal of a female Arch Bishop of Canterbury

The thing that makes the Catholic church stand out as a villian group in this series is that it's a group. The individual Magi, Vampires, Sociopaths, Rogue unscrupulous research groups have usually been too small to last more than a story arc or two. And mostly for that church it's the fact that it's a hierarchy and it contains some sanctimonious self righteous jerks at the top.

Individual believers a mostly portrayed in a positive light, Orsola, the Trio of elite battle nuns, almost everyone of the Amakusa are believers too. and while it's taken a bit of nanoha style 'befriending' they're basically portrayed as good people.




Yeah, that Pope is one bastard. Who does he think he is? You have to be a real crazy evil SOB for people to choose you to be the Pope.
221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/30/11
I'm going to watch the rest of Railgun before I resume season 2 (on ep 16 for s2, ep 5 for railgun). Personally, I think Touma has kinda forgotten the "protect index" thing, unless she runs straight into danger and he just kind of throws her out of the way. Actually, I'm fine with this deviation from WIZARDS WANT MAGIC BOOKS IN HEAD.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.