First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Upcoming New Titles on CR!
Posted 10/12/10
AWESOME! As if we didn't have enough to look forward to already. *screams like a fangirl*

Also, Lucky Star will be nice since I didn't watch the last episode. XD
37656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 10/12/10
yayay x3 keep it up cr, and get your hands on mm and imouto. >)
67860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 10/12/10

NekoKari wrote:

Wonder if CR is ever gonna be a good website though.

Currently, everyone can easily just go to one of the many subbers ripping CR shows and putting them up for download for free.
So you get the episode for free, the same time as anime membership would get it, and you can actually download it.


And nothing goes back to the content creators, so over and above celebrating being internet bullies who step all over the rights of the creators just because they have the power to do so ...

... bootleg downloaders are gambling on whether someone else will pay the content creators enough to keep making the content.

Meanwhile, Crunchyroll subscribers are contributing substantially to the only growing market that anime has at the moment. So even though we are still a small part of the total market, we are growing bigger and bigger. The show with the lowest number of hits in this season would have been in the top four a year ago. After five years when the number of anime being made has fallen in half, we are helping to build toward a brighter future.
59716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Georgia
Offline
Posted 10/12/10
YES! You guys are my heroes! I've been hoping you would put Gundam 00 back on the site. Not only that, but you're putting the second season on too? That's awesome! The only way I've been able to see that show lately is on the Syfy channel, and that means commercial breaks every five minutes, at totally inappropriate times in the episode. I've honestly been debating lately whether or not to keep my membership on this site, since I have so little time nowadays, but with this I'll definitely be staying for a while to come.
13587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Wherever 東方神起 (TV...
Offline
Posted 10/12/10
lol I NEVER watched Gundam
I meant watch it hmmm
1026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21
Offline
Posted 10/12/10
Lucky Star, nice! I've been meaning to rewatch it for a while now.
And the Gundams are back, too!
756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / England
Offline
Posted 10/12/10
Nice. Am pleased Gundam is available, as I only got 5 episodes into it last time before it disappeared (never did find out why). Surprisingly good.
3033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 10/12/10

agila61 wrote:


NekoKari wrote:

Wonder if CR is ever gonna be a good website though.

Currently, everyone can easily just go to one of the many subbers ripping CR shows and putting them up for download for free.
So you get the episode for free, the same time as anime membership would get it, and you can actually download it.


And nothing goes back to the content creators, so over and above celebrating being internet bullies who step all over the rights of the creators just because they have the power to do so ...

... bootleg downloaders are gambling on whether someone else will pay the content creators enough to keep making the content.

Meanwhile, Crunchyroll subscribers are contributing substantially to the only growing market that anime has at the moment. So even though we are still a small part of the total market, we are growing bigger and bigger. The show with the lowest number of hits in this season would have been in the top four a year ago. After five years when the number of anime being made has fallen in half, we are helping to build toward a brighter future.


Not...really.
And most people, including myself, as much as we'd love to be all caring and "help the anime market", it's not worth waiting an extra week, nor is it worth paying an overpriced fee for something you can get for free.

I have nothing against anyone who wastes money here, just saying, CR could be better if they found a way around having everyone pay monthly.
48125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/12/10
No money no Anime.. and thats that...
3854 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 10/12/10
Sounds cool that CR is getting more shows
67860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 10/12/10

NekoKari wrote: Not...really.

And most people, including myself, as much as we'd love to be all caring and "help the anime market", it's not worth waiting an extra week, nor is it worth paying an overpriced fee for something you can get for free.
Sure, if you hang around bootleg users, most people you hang around with don't care if they support the creators of the work they enjoy ...

... but the fact is that the number of people streaming anime either by subscription or for free at Crunchyroll is growing. So Crunchyroll must be providing something that a growing number of people want to be part of.

There are several reasons why a growing number of people are joining Crunchyroll, but one thing that no bootleg site can every give at all is an opportunity to support the industry for free, either by watching ad-supported free streams, or else by paying the price of a Subway footlong special, every month.
Posted 10/12/10

NekoKari wrote:


agila61 wrote:


NekoKari wrote:

Wonder if CR is ever gonna be a good website though.

Currently, everyone can easily just go to one of the many subbers ripping CR shows and putting them up for download for free.
So you get the episode for free, the same time as anime membership would get it, and you can actually download it.


And nothing goes back to the content creators, so over and above celebrating being internet bullies who step all over the rights of the creators just because they have the power to do so ...

... bootleg downloaders are gambling on whether someone else will pay the content creators enough to keep making the content.

Meanwhile, Crunchyroll subscribers are contributing substantially to the only growing market that anime has at the moment. So even though we are still a small part of the total market, we are growing bigger and bigger. The show with the lowest number of hits in this season would have been in the top four a year ago. After five years when the number of anime being made has fallen in half, we are helping to build toward a brighter future.


Not...really.
And most people, including myself, as much as we'd love to be all caring and "help the anime market", it's not worth waiting an extra week, nor is it worth paying an overpriced fee for something you can get for free.

I have nothing against anyone who wastes money here, just saying, CR could be better if they found a way around having everyone pay monthly.


If it's really that painful to wait an extra week to see it for free, then anyone is welcome to go elsewhere to view it. I find it highly satisfying to watch my shows from a legit source every week. People are just too impatient and too grubby with their money. I can understand someone not being able to afford a membership being a kid without a job or someone making a small income, but that's why we have a free release a week later for.
1045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 10/12/10
Oooh. Very excited to try out Lucky Star at long last!
3033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 10/12/10

agila61 wrote:


NekoKari wrote: Not...really.

And most people, including myself, as much as we'd love to be all caring and "help the anime market", it's not worth waiting an extra week, nor is it worth paying an overpriced fee for something you can get for free.
Sure, if you hang around bootleg users, most people you hang around with don't care if they support the creators of the work they enjoy ...

... but the fact is that the number of people streaming anime either by subscription or for free at Crunchyroll is growing. So Crunchyroll must be providing something that a growing number of people want to be part of.

There are several reasons why a growing number of people are joining Crunchyroll, but one thing that no bootleg site can every give at all is an opportunity to support the industry for free, either by watching ad-supported free streams, or else by paying the price of a Subway footlong special, every month.


I "support the industry" by buying Box Sets and whatnot for anime that are worthwhile. Anime that I watched for free, of course.
Yes, CRs numbers are increasing...
It's called humans are effing stupid.

I really like how you aren't quite intelligent enough to grasp what I've been saying this whole time.
CR is still terrible at doing their goal, since all they want to do is abuse the stupid for money.

Also the fact you use the term "bootleg" already shows a lot about you.
If you think about it logically, there is absolutely NO reason for me to pay to watch anything on CR, or even VISIT the website.

An example...
Someone offers you a free house.
But they also mention, "Hey, if you give me $1000, the money will go toward the people who built the house."
Unless you're rich, logically you'll just take the free house.

CR isn't expensive in comparison to many things, but for what you're -getting-, it's overpriced and unnecessary.

inb4 moar QQing from people who've never seen anime before CR came around.
1475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / ~Crystal Tokyo~
Offline
Posted 10/12/10
Why did they use a picture of Mushishi?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.