First  Prev  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  Next  Last
Anime Cliches - Things you are tired of seeing in anime
17958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 4/18/11
1. 'Stupid kids with super power!' Naruto, Bleach, HunterXHunter, M.A.R's and ext ext ext!
2. Dumb, or childish main characters.
3. popular pretty EMO boy!
4. Females who are Violent and abusive toward the main character! Or to the other males who hang out with the lead character.
5. stupid misunderstandings.

Posted 4/18/11
im not really tired of them... i atleast give them a 2nd chance besides cliches got me to anime first so probably the first anime cliche that i watched are lucky not to criticized by me its just my tastes develops

but all in all im avoiding 24+ eps anime now, they are pretty much the same... i rather watch OVAs or anime with 12 eps or less, i think stories are more focused and i think writers put alot more effort to it
7290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/18/11 , edited 4/18/11
Shallow plots, mainstream character personalities, high school students (to be honest, I want to see an anime about college students for a change)
2982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 4/18/11
people that have the gall to label anime in their japanese form :P. When the japanese site, U.S licensor clearly labels the anime how it is meant to be. Otherwise noted

ie; Astarotte's Toy, Blue Exorcist etc...




17958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 4/18/11 , edited 4/18/11

negimaneo wrote:

Shallow plots, mainstream character personalities, high school students (to be honest, I want to see an anime about college students for a change)



College students did you say.. OK..
Honey and Clover. (its good)
Genshiken (its otakulishis.)

Need more ask I know a few.

I like the ones where the main character is over 25 years old.


Kevin_Levin wrote:

people that have the gall to label anime in their japanese form :P. When the japanese site, U.S licensor clearly labels the anime how it is meant to be. Otherwise noted

ie; Astarotte's Toy, Blue Exorcist etc...






You complaining about me

Sorry its just I watch the raws before they are subbed SO I just go with the Japanese names.

7290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/18/11

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


negimaneo wrote:

Shallow plots, mainstream character personalities, high school students (to be honest, I want to see an anime about college students for a change)



College students did you say.. OK..
Honey and Clover. (its good)
Genshiken (its otakulishis.)

Need more ask I know a few.

I like the ones where the main character is over 25 years old.



Oh, thanks bro. I'm searching the internet for Honey and Clover episodes now
2982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 4/18/11
"I'll clean things up here, you guys go on to catch the bad guy" character winks and smiles (scars and partially blood)

This can go both ways.

1 - Character survives this fight and joins up with the main group
2 - Character ends up dying

This' one of the worst cliches in an anime. Especially if it's those "human tank" rough fighters (strong build, taller than the protagonist). I say worst, because if it ends up being a fan fav character, they're more than likely to not continue watching.

---

The "gomenasai!" trope

Character ALWAYS has that habbit of apologizing.
10746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / 昼寝の王国
Offline
Posted 4/19/11
I think I may have already posted in this a while back, but whatever.

I hate the main character saying "I have to protect (them/her/whatever)" 10 times in a row and in every other episode.
Posted 4/20/11 , edited 4/20/11
The Following Apply to Romance Anime (mostly shoujo):
-Main love intrest being extremely popular and loved by everyone, chooses our nerdy/normal protagonist, yeah, like that's realistic
-A girl's constant desire to have a guy tell her "I'll protect you"
-A main character with a dark past...
-A main character with a deep dark secret.....
-The onsen episode!
-Some endings being too predictible
-Still the same generic love interests, nothing new
-Any other love interests that enter after the first (that the protagonist had feelings for in the manga or anime) are obviously rejected, no matter how cool they are
I want something different, PLEASE!

54247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 4/20/11

Kevin_Levin wrote:

"I'll clean things up here, you guys go on to catch the bad guy" character winks and smiles (scars and partially blood)

This can go both ways.

1 - Character survives this fight and joins up with the main group
2 - Character ends up dying

This' one of the worst cliches in an anime. Especially if it's those "human tank" rough fighters (strong build, taller than the protagonist). I say worst, because if it ends up being a fan fav character, they're more than likely to not continue watching.

---

The "gomenasai!" trope

Character ALWAYS has that habbit of apologizing.


LMFAO. quoted for truth
17496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 4/20/11

otaku_125 wrote:

the ditsy girl thing is so not cute. its just annoying. the typical shonen hero. they just wont shut up about reaching their goals, or whatever and they JUST WONT DIE!


Agreed.
2982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 4/20/11
Characters like Rin (Blue Exorcist). Everytime I see them on screen, I tend to get mad. Probably due to their snotty attitude towards others.

57242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / ...........
Offline
Posted 4/20/11
This is probly the most cliched scene in Romance anime


A energetic and clumsy school Girl eating a Toast while running to school because shes going to be Late And she bumps into some random boy ......

After 13+ episode she ends up with the Boy she bumps
9955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Planet Mato
Offline
Posted 4/22/11
girls that seriously can't protect themselves. like, they literally don't even know how to run. and panty shots, it just ruins the mood like when something serious is going on and they randomly add it in happens in 11eyes a lot.
2982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 4/25/11 , edited 4/25/11
"Your kind of thinking will get us killed"

^ is true, especially when the protagonist doesn't know what's going around them. And is often a "red flag" in animes and american cartoons

Such characters are as follows, which this trope applies to
- Kotetsu T. Kubaragi
- Tsuna

Especially with Kotetsu. He acts like T&B's version of Naruto. Rash, not listening to reason. Like Barnaby Jr., you'd have to beat some sense into him.

---

Girl characters that act like "prissys (pris-sees)" or I use the term loosely; "princesses".

Ones that need a good slap to the face, so that they would not be a snot-nosed brats

Such characters fit this trope
- Blue Rose (Tiger and Bunny)
- Sakura (first season of original NARUTO)

First  Prev  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.