Remove this ad
First  Prev  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  Next  Last
Anime Cliches - Things you are tired of seeing in anime
26522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / your bedroom
Offline
Posted 6/30/11 , edited 6/30/11

xDasukex wrote:


kufirst wrote:


xDasukex wrote:

*searches for a single anime that hasn't been described in this thread yet....*








*finds none*


I think most anime threads are like that now.


So true lol


turn A gundam wasn't cliche, and it was a gundam series and a slight harem series. it was pretty good.
7040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas!
Offline
Posted 6/30/11

lolicon-icon wrote:


xDasukex wrote:


kufirst wrote:


xDasukex wrote:

*searches for a single anime that hasn't been described in this thread yet....*








*finds none*


I think most anime threads are like that now.


So true lol


turn A gundam wasn't cliche, and it was a gundam series and a slight harem series. it was pretty good.


The idea that something is cliche or not is not really that of a fact but more so an opinion (though if you look through this thread you'll see some opinions are more common than others lol).

But that's beside the point, the aim of the previous comment was not to state that all animes are cliche, though some people may think this anyway, more so it was just stating there is not an anime out there that doesn't have at least one of the things that the people in this thread have posted against so far.
41837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/30/11 , edited 6/30/11
THE LIST OF ANNOYANCES:
The panty shot
Blatant breaking of the fourth wall
Straight man act
The suddenly getting out of seat in class scenario
The hand on table objectifying a certain subject
Gigantic boobs
Gigantic eyes
How a person from every universe or realm speaks Japanese without a hitch
Dying and spitting out blood
Hero development from weak to remarkably strong
Revival
Key series
Lack of sensible or noticeable background music
Harem
Love at first sight
The random search for something within a series
Fillers
Always having a girl that is horrible at house work and cooking or a guy that is not masculine at all
Moe
Lolis
Big breasted Lolis
Moe big breasted Lolis
Excessive fan-service of both genders
Ecchi in general
Random flashbacks taking up half the episode
No back story
Cliffhanger endings
Bad animation
Overpowered main characters in the beginning then suddenly with a twist failing and having a "heroic" death
Transfer student for reasons being: Parents work, returning after a long time, moving, adoption, adopted
Visiting of the sick person's house
Yankees
Hot spring scene

But most of all the main character being a guy that has the charisma of a slice of stale bread and having no interesting features winning the hearts of every single character within the series through some quirky act he does.


43694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 6/30/11
A character gets insulted, beaten up, blamed for something, etc when they haven't done anything wrong.
312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 7/1/11
The. excessively. large. amount. of. breasts.
Seriously they make the girls so overly cutesy and "hot" and "attractive"
WHY ARE THERE NO UGLY PEOPLE IN MANGA/ANIMES?! I mean if they are it's always the creepy bad guy that comes in one shot and tries to take advantage of the clumsy girl before the hot heroic guy comes in and saves her.

I'm bored of it all.
312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 7/1/11

zerokill wrote:

THE LIST OF ANNOYANCES:
The panty shot
Blatant breaking of the fourth wall
Straight man act
The suddenly getting out of seat in class scenario
The hand on table objectifying a certain subject
Gigantic boobs
Gigantic eyes
How a person from every universe or realm speaks Japanese without a hitch
Dying and spitting out blood
Hero development from weak to remarkably strong
Revival
Key series
Lack of sensible or noticeable background music
Harem
Love at first sight
The random search for something within a series
Fillers
Always having a girl that is horrible at house work and cooking or a guy that is not masculine at all
Moe
Lolis
Big breasted Lolis
Moe big breasted Lolis
Excessive fan-service of both genders
Ecchi in general
Random flashbacks taking up half the episode
No back story
Cliffhanger endings
Bad animation
Overpowered main characters in the beginning then suddenly with a twist failing and having a "heroic" death
Transfer student for reasons being: Parents work, returning after a long time, moving, adoption, adopted
Visiting of the sick person's house
Yankees
Hot spring scene

But most of all the main character being a guy that has the charisma of a slice of stale bread and having no interesting features winning the hearts of every single character within the series through some quirky act he does.




^^^ THIS.
60012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 7/2/11
I've only read a few posts, so forgive me if these have been previously mentioned.

Girl and Guy falling over, ending up in a compromising position.

Blood running over the eye but never completely in the eye so the character can still keep his/her eye open.

Punching someone in the stomach to knock them out.

Characters conveniently losing consciousness.

Guy catching a girl perfectly in his arms like she weighs nothing.

Guy running at top speed with a girl in his arms or on his back like she weighs nothing.

Characters who wield HUGE weapons with the greatest of ease.

Characters who never open their eyes.

When pupils shake to show emotions.

The surprise kiss that is such a surprise that one character goes all wide-eyed and keeps their eyes open during said kiss.

When characters who are watching a fight begin explaining everything that is happening and why it is happening, as though we the readers are stupid and can't figure it out for ourselves.

2528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / America
Offline
Posted 7/2/11 , edited 7/2/11
Their faces slamming to the ground.
Pointed out in the latest Blood series.

Oh yeah Americans having smaller eyes than Japanese! What is with that? :blink
It is kind of ironic that Americans say that the Asians or the Chinese have squinted eyes.
1155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/5/11

lolitaninja wrote:


SilentArtist wrote:

Harem anime is getting old now. I can't remember the last time I watched a nice, decent harem anime. Seriously, who doesn't agree with me?


This EXACTLY!

Forreal, I mean all I see is 6-7 girls either being loligirls, girls that shows too much cleavage, or your average girls that are "oh I don't like you, but overtime I'll like you for no reason."

Seriously, I want an anime that is nice, good animation, an actual plot that actually makes sense, and good characters.
Posted 7/5/11 , edited 7/5/11
It pisses me off when there is way to much fanservice in anime.
boobs, panty shots, stuff like that.
there are women who watch anime too, and I'm pretty sure the majority of them don't aprove of all that crap.
I really don't think they want to see boobs in their face every second. :| Just sayin'.
31333 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 7/6/11 , edited 7/6/11
The naiive, unnecessarily ditsy girl who usually undresses herself and/or ends up in some sort of sexual predicament with the male hero and he still chooses her in the end, regardless of her negative IQ.

Anything harem. I didn't use to hate this genre, but the Spring 2011 Anime really did me in.
104000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/8/11
Too many characters; the less characters your anime has, the better.

Inanimate objects falling or the beginning of rain when someone dies. Especially when that inanimate object falls before another character and they miraculously realize that someone important has died.


43944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Riding sound waves
Offline
Posted 7/8/11
Characters running to the left in the opening.
104000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/8/11

RavingDragon wrote:

Characters running to the left in the opening.


You mean running in some overly dramatic fashion in general?
43944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Riding sound waves
Offline
Posted 7/8/11

kufirst wrote:


RavingDragon wrote:

Characters running to the left in the opening.


You mean running in some overly dramatic fashion in general?


This and running to the left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibPCLMH1NM4
First  Prev  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.