First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Anime Cliches - Things you are tired of seeing in anime
133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / In places so unfa...
Offline
Posted 11/2/10
Oooo! Fun topic!

First of all the categories I could simply do away with completely:
ecchi,
yuri/yaoi
FEMALE harem (as in guy surrounded by girls),
gender bender;
the series that have the protag fight like 45 "different" enemies, never improve skills, and are given trinkets to renew interest (aka sailor moon);
the series where it takes 10 episodes to finish a fight (aka Naruto),
all types of shoujo (cutesy little girl (aka card captor Sakura), tough girl with soft insides (aka skip beat), idiotic girl that has to depend on others a ton (again sailor moon) and brain girl who is a snob until she meets a guy who warms her up (i cant think if it right now since it is late there are a ton out there though))

Alright now that I have those out of the way lets do characteristics of animes (starting with the most despised):

Repetitive archs like in sailor moon, naruto, bleach and other overly drawn out anime series. I need some stimulation even if I am just watching anime to relax
Fanservice...
Grotesque characters that are overly ugly, overly thin, overly muscular and thin, overly endowed, overly cute, overly used (blondes with pigtails...usually with the addition of lolita types),
and completely stupid bad guys (let's see...sailor moon bad guys, naruto bad guys (you know they will get killed off eventually...), bleach bad guys
), and I know there are even lamer ones out there that I am missing so you can fill in the blanks)

A note to any anime creators or people of influence that I doubt will ever see this: STOP MAKING A GIRL SURROUNDED BY GUYS ALWAYS FALL FOR THE FIRST GUY!!!! I kinda like girls surrounded by guys, but when you know they will always go for the first one they meet then it gets boring.
Just cut it out already!
17624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 11/2/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:

Redirected from http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-345953/anime-cliches?pg=10#33742245
It was an old thread anyway.

1. End of the world
2. Characters that are only there for fan service and have no significances to the plot but being there.
3. The extremely ditsy and annoyingly clumsy female.
4. The cold distant character.
5. The irritating talking animal.
6. Characters who you thought died but somehow came back to life.
7. Flashbacks!
8. Harems
9. Making long speeches in the middle of a huge battle when they should be fighting.
10. Overly exaggerated, against the laws of human physics, breasted characters.
11. Gaining an enormous amount of power at the last possible moment of having your ass handed to you.
12. The sweat drop.
13. A strange humanoid creature that either falls from the sky, has lost their memory or is found in suspended animation and eventually ends up living in your home with usually disastrous consequences.
14. For some reason teenagers are always the only ones left to defend the world.


you just described bleach in a nut shell


Agreed to this.
18746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Oz
Offline
Posted 11/2/10
I'm REALLY sick of animes that make up a new spell/power/ability/uber move on the spot just to get out of a bad situation lol
114154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 11/2/10 , edited 11/2/10
how the bad boy always win the girl over the nice guy

how through sheer force of will the main character overcomes all odds

"desu" characters...enough said

the way how most females are depicted as weak, defenseless/ must have a guy around, or have features way too exaggerated

how music foreshadows plot

how the hero is never really mad until they hurt his love interest/friend

how the fate of the planet rests in the hands of the seemingly normal high school student

how the heroine must shred her clothes while transforming into something to fight the bad guys

how the police are never anywhere there is a large amount of property damage

how just about any outer space villain has his sights set on destroying the Earth

how no other planet in the universe will be able to stop said villain except the Earth
3693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 11/2/10
wen the girls think their guys like someone else or theres a misunderstandng that they wont even talk about but just assume wat they think is right.. so freaking retarded
15444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 11/2/10
Sparkling pretty boys who are just sooooo smooth with the ladies!
Posted 11/2/10

VentusBDaPlayer wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:

Redirected from http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-345953/anime-cliches?pg=10#33742245
It was an old thread anyway.

1. End of the world
2. Characters that are only there for fan service and have no significances to the plot but being there.
3. The extremely ditsy and annoyingly clumsy female.
4. The cold distant character.
5. The irritating talking animal.
6. Characters who you thought died but somehow came back to life.
7. Flashbacks!
8. Harems
9. Making long speeches in the middle of a huge battle when they should be fighting.
10. Overly exaggerated, against the laws of human physics, breasted characters.
11. Gaining an enormous amount of power at the last possible moment of having your ass handed to you.
12. The sweat drop.
13. A strange humanoid creature that either falls from the sky, has lost their memory or is found in suspended animation and eventually ends up living in your home with usually disastrous consequences.
14. For some reason teenagers are always the only ones left to defend the world.


you just described bleach in a nut shell


Agreed to this.


ha ha ha yeah i know but i do like harem animes if not just for the babes.
Posted 11/2/10
probably gender benders
63478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / U.S.A
Offline
Posted 11/2/10
when sum dumb ass freaks out when he wakes up next to a half naked girl and runs away.
so lame.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/2/10 , edited 11/2/10
spineless main characters that finally get a spine near the end of the series and decides that they have to protect everyone
5866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / behind you... Boo!
Offline
Posted 11/2/10
Evil X threatens world Y
Yet Hero Z will never ever kill their evil opponent (as long as their evil opponent isn't the the Evil Overlord himself/an asshole beyond comprehension). Ofcourse these villains will get killed afterwards by their own side, sending the hero into a rage...
24 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 11/2/10 , edited 11/2/10
1: Any anime taking the whole "equilibrium-disturbance-fix disturbance-new equilibrium" cycle a bit TOO literally in that, by the end of the anime (or season in the longer ones) everything is back to EXACTLY how it was before with no advancements in character relationships or personalities.

2: Flashbacks from previous seasons of the anime (Naruto gets away with this in Shippuden FAR too much IMO)

3: Clairvoyant characters that, just when they need to know something, immediately figure it out.

OR

4: Characters who do not see the blatently obvious so that the plot can be dragged out as long as possible before making progress.

5: Overly 'cute' or 'happy' characters who never seem to have a 'bad mood day', hissy fit, mood swing, headache, crick in their neck, back pain, stiff legs or anything that would normally make anyone a little bit less tolerant of the stupidity of other characters.

And finally...

6: Convenient 'coincidences' every time a possible plot hole rears it's ugly head.


xXxCocoMusicNxXx wrote:

wen the girls think their guys like someone else or theres a misunderstandng that they wont even talk about but just assume wat they think is right.. so freaking retarded


Yes....because this never happens in real life....honest xD


cardga50 wrote:

Sparkling pretty boys who are just sooooo smooth with the ladies!


I think they're mainly there to irritate the viewers tbh ^^; because these DEFINITELY don't happen in real life that often xD
897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 11/2/10

Adamaeus wrote:

1: Any anime taking the whole "equilibrium-disturbance-fix disturbance-new equilibrium" cycle a bit TOO literally in that, by the end of the anime (or season in the longer ones) everything is back to EXACTLY how it was before with no advancements in character relationships or personalities.

2: Flashbacks from previous seasons of the anime (Naruto gets away with this in Shippuden FAR too much IMO)

3: Clairvoyant characters that, just when they need to know something, immediately figure it out.

OR

4: Characters who do not see the blatently obvious so that the plot can be dragged out as long as possible before making progress.

5: Overly 'cute' or 'happy' characters who never seem to have a 'bad mood day', hissy fit, mood swing, headache, crick in their neck, back pain, stiff legs or anything that would normally make anyone a little bit less tolerant of the stupidity of other characters.

And finally...

6: Convenient 'coincidences' every time a possible plot hole rears it's ugly head.


xXxCocoMusicNxXx wrote:

wen the girls think their guys like someone else or theres a misunderstandng that they wont even talk about but just assume wat they think is right.. so freaking retarded


Yes....because this never happens in real life....honest xD


cardga50 wrote:

Sparkling pretty boys who are just sooooo smooth with the ladies!


I think they're mainly there to irritate the viewers tbh ^^; because these DEFINITELY don't happen in real life that often xD


I very much agree on number 4 as well. Flashback are okay when needed but I hate it when its something you already know and/or one that recurs frequently throughout a series.

2982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 11/7/10
The

dai kirai/baka syndrome

Girls who whine. Saying; "why do we have to fight". Calling protagonist A (who's been fighting) "baka"

Then here comes a pretty boy trying to act stupid and comforts them
16405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 11/7/10
Ye ole dark past. Such as someone goes through something traumatizing a long time ago yet they still dwell on it. Now, again it is not the concept that frustrates me, but rather the execution. It ticks me off that all the "ideas" they come up with for a "dark" past are, in themselves cliche. Come up with something a smidge more original, or I will take action, legal or otherwise. I cannot come up with any examples off the top of my head at the moment.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.