First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
God Vs Science?
787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / PH
Offline
Posted 1/9/08 , edited 4/18/08
hehehe
689 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/9/08 , edited 4/18/08
wow oblivioncrow needs to calm down , mellow out stop being so aggressive to others u might upset ur god
817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Conyers, Albany,...
Offline
Posted 1/9/08 , edited 4/18/08
Spear of Destiny. A Roman solidier stabbed jesus with a spear while he was on the cross. Actually recovered and problily in a musuam. ever documents that were proved true about the chronicles of his and the cruzifixtion. i'm rite end of story.
817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Conyers, Albany,...
Offline
Posted 1/9/08 , edited 4/18/08

RedCometRX wrote:

wow oblivioncrow needs to calm down , mellow out stop being so aggressive to others u might upset ur god


All I'm tryin 2 do here is prove people the Science=Wrong and God= Right


689 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/9/08 , edited 4/18/08

Oblivioncrow wrote:


RedCometRX wrote:

wow oblivioncrow needs to calm down , mellow out stop being so aggressive to others u might upset ur god


All I'm tryin 2 do here is prove people the Science=Wrong and God= Right




did it ever cross ur mind that both may be rite?
29409 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/9/08 , edited 4/18/08
Def God
1870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Attleboro, MA
Offline
Posted 1/9/08 , edited 4/18/08
Saying god is wrong pisses people off so Im just gonna say I agree with Science more
817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Conyers, Albany,...
Offline
Posted 1/9/08 , edited 4/18/08

RedCometRX wrote:


Oblivioncrow wrote:


RedCometRX wrote:

wow oblivioncrow needs to calm down , mellow out stop being so aggressive to others u might upset ur god


All I'm tryin 2 do here is prove people the Science=Wrong and God= Right




did it ever cross ur mind that both may be rite?


No it hasn't. but science is mostly questions. Sure science should simple things like space or plants but Creation is much more then that.
817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Conyers, Albany,...
Offline
Posted 1/9/08 , edited 4/18/08

Ralek81 wrote:

Saying god is wrong pisses people off so Im just gonna say I agree with Science more


Why
787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / PH
Offline
Posted 1/9/08 , edited 4/18/08
okey guys lets get thi in our way read this a student complain about God vs science i erase this bcuz people think dis is not fair



A science professor begins his school
year with a lecture to the students,
"Let me explain the problem science has
with religion." The atheist professor of
philosophy pauses before his class and
then asks one of his new students to stand.

"You're a Christian, aren't you, son?"

"Yes sir," the student says.

"So you believe in God?"

"Absolutely."

"Is God good?"

"Sure! God's good."

"Is God all-powerful? Can God do anything?"

"Yes."

"Are you good or evil?"

"The Bible says I'm evil."

The professor grins knowingly. "Aha! The
Bible!" He considers for a moment.
"Here's one for you. Let's say there's a
sick person over here and you can cure
him. You can do it. Would you help him?
Would you try?"

"Yes sir, I would."

"So you're good...!"

"I wouldn't say that."

"But why not say that? You'd help a sick
and maimed person if you could. Most of
us would if we could. But God doesn't."

The student does not answer, so the
professor continues. "He doesn't, does
he? My brother was a Christian who died
of cancer, even though he prayed to
Jesus to heal him. How is this Jesus
good? Hmmm? Can you answer that one?"

The student remains silent.

"No, you can't, can you?" the professor
says. He takes a sip of water from a
glass on his desk to give the student
time to relax.

"Let's start again, young fella. Is God
good?"

"Er...yes," the student says.

"Is Satan good?"

The student doesn't hesitate on this
one. "No."

"Then where does Satan come from?"

The student falters. "From God"

"That's right. God made Satan, didn't
he? Tell me, son. Is there evil in this
world?"

"Yes, sir."

"Evil's everywhere, isn't it? And God
did make everything, correct?"

"Yes."

"So who created evil?" The professor
continued, "If God created everything,
then God created evil, since evil
exists, and according to the principle
that our works define who we are, then
God is evil."

Again, the student has no answer. "Is
there sickness? Immorality? Hatred?
Ugliness? All these terrible things, do
they exist in this world?"

The student squirms on his feet. "Yes."

"So who created them?"

The student does not answer again, so
the professor repeats his question. "Who
created them?" There is still no answer.
Suddenly the lecturer breaks away to
pace in front of the classroom. The
class is mesmerized. "Tell me," he
continues onto another student. "Do you
believe in Jesus Christ, son?"

The student's voice betrays him and
cracks. "Yes, professor, I do."

The old man stops pacing. "Science says
you have five senses you use to identify
and observe the world around you. Have
you ever seen Jesus?"

"No sir. I've never seen Him."

"Then tell us if you've ever heard your
Jesus?"

"No, sir, I have not."

"Have you ever felt your Jesus, tasted
your Jesus or smelt your Jesus? Have you
ever had any sensory perception of Jesus
Christ, or God for that matter?"

"No, sir, I'm afraid I haven't."

"Yet you still believe in him?"

"Yes."

"According to the rules of empirical,
testable, demonstrable protocol, science
says your God doesn't exist. What do you
say to that, son?"

"Nothing," the student replies. "I only
have my faith."

"Yes, faith," the professor repeats.
"And that is the problem science has
with God. There is no evidence, only faith."

The student stands quietly for a moment,
before asking a question of His own.
"Professor, is there such thing as heat?"

"Yes," the professor replies. "There's
heat."

"And is there such a thing as cold?"

"Yes, son, there's cold too."

"No sir, there isn't."

The professor turns to face the student,
obviously interested. The room suddenly
becomes very quiet. The student begins
to explain. "You can have lots of heat,
even more heat, super-heat, mega-heat,
unlimited heat, white heat, a little
heat or no heat, but we don't have
anything called 'cold'. We can hit up to
458 degrees below zero, which is no
heat, but we can't go any further after
that. There is no such thing as cold;
otherwise we would be able to go colder
than the lowest -458 degrees."

"Every body or object is susceptible to
study when it has or transmits energy,
and heat is what makes a body or matter
have or transmit energy. Absolute zero
(-458 F) is the total absence of heat.
You see, sir, cold is only a word we use
to describe the absence of heat. We
cannot measure cold. Heat we can measure
in thermal units because heat is energy.
Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir,
just the absence of it."

Silence across the room. A pen drops
somewhere in the classroom, sounding
like a hammer.

"What about darkness, professor. Is
there such a thing as darkness?"

"Yes," the professor replies without
hesitation. "What is night if it isn't
darkness?"

"You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is
not something; it is the absence of
something. You can have low light,
normal light, bright light, flashing
light, but if you have no light
constantly you have nothing and it's
called darkness, isn't it? That's the
meaning we use to define the word."

"In reality, darkness isn't. If it were,
you would be able to make darkness
darker, wouldn't you?"

The professor begins to smile at the
student in front of him. This will be a
good semester. "So what point are you
making, young man?"

"Yes, professor. My point is, your
philosophical premise is flawed to start
with, and so your conclusion must also
be flawed."

The professor's face cannot hide his
surprise this time. "Flawed? Can you
explain how?"

"You are working on the premise of
duality," the student explains. "You
argue that there is life and then
there's death; a good God and a bad God.
You are viewing the concept of God as
something finite, something we can
measure. Sir, science can't even explain
a thought."

"It uses electricity and magnetism, but
has never seen, much less fully
understood either one. To view death as
the opposite of life is to be ignorant
of the fact that death cannot exist as a
substantive thing. Death is not the
opposite of life, just the absence of it."

"Now tell me, professor. Do you teach
your students that they evolved from a
monkey?"

"If you are referring to the natural
evolutionary process, young man, yes, of
course I do."

"Have you ever observed evolution with
your own eyes, sir?"

The professor begins to shake his head,
still smiling, as he realizes where the
argument is going. A very good semester,
indeed.

"Since no one has ever observed the
process of evolution at work and cannot
even prove that this process is an
on-going endeavor, are you not teaching
your opinion, sir? Are you now not a
scientist, but a preacher?"

The class is in uproar. The student
remains silent until the commotion has
subsided.

"To continue the point you were making
earlier to the other student, let me
give you an example of what I mean."

The student looks around the room. "Is
there anyone in the class who has ever
seen the professor's brain?" The class
breaks out into laughter.

"Is there anyone here who has ever heard
the professor's brain, felt the
professor's brain, touched or smelt the
professor's brain? No one appears to
have done so. So, according to the
established rules of empirical, stable,
demonstrable protocol, science says that
you have no brain, with all due respect,
sir."

"So if science says you have no brain,
how can we trust your lectures, sir?"

Now the room is silent. The professor
just stares at the student, his face
unreadable.

Finally, after what seems an eternity,
the old man answers. "I guess you'll
have to take them on faith."

"Now, you accept that there is faith,
and, in fact, faith exists with life,"
the student continues. "Now, sir, is
there such a thing as evil?"

Now uncertain, the professor responds,
"Of course, there is. We see it
everyday. It is in the daily example of
man's inhumanity to man. It is in the
multitude of crime and violence
everywhere in the world. These
manifestations are nothing else but evil."

To this the student replied, "Evil does
not exist sir, or at least it does not
exist unto itself. Evil is simply the
absence of God. It is just like darkness
and cold, a word that man has created to
describe the absence of God. God did not
create evil. Evil is the result of what
happens when man does not have God's
love present in his heart. It's like the
cold that comes when there is no heat or
the darkness that comes when there is no
light."

The professor sat down.

817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Conyers, Albany,...
Offline
Posted 1/9/08 , edited 4/18/08

magnus102 wrote:


Oblivioncrow wrote:


RedCometRX wrote:

wow oblivioncrow needs to calm down , mellow out stop being so aggressive to others u might upset ur god


All I'm tryin 2 do here is prove people the Science=Wrong and God= Right



Do you think Jesus will invite me to his B-day party this year? Man i heard they had a cake shaped like Paris Hilton



Dude. plz stop. your jokes r not funny
689 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/9/08 , edited 4/18/08

Oblivioncrow wrote:


RedCometRX wrote:


Oblivioncrow wrote:


RedCometRX wrote:

wow oblivioncrow needs to calm down , mellow out stop being so aggressive to others u might upset ur god


All I'm tryin 2 do here is prove people the Science=Wrong and God= Right




did it ever cross ur mind that both may be rite?


No it hasn't. but science is mostly questions. Sure science should simple things like space or plants but Creation is much more then that.


so in some aspects science is right and in some religion is rite?
150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / 74 adv and lane
Offline
Posted 1/9/08 , edited 4/18/08

Oblivioncrow wrote:

Spear of Destiny. A Roman solidier stabbed jesus with a spear while he was on the cross. Actually recovered and problily in a musuam. ever documents that were proved true about the chronicles of his and the cruzifixtion. i'm rite end of story.


I cannot believe I am even going to bother because your only 14, but lab results show that the artifact was a 7th century fake.
534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In a giant robo t...
Offline
Posted 1/9/08 , edited 4/18/08
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke%27s_three_laws

Apply the third law to God, and we pretty much can become a/an God(s).
817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Conyers, Albany,...
Offline
Posted 1/9/08 , edited 4/18/08

ArTech wrote:

okey guys lets get thi in our way read this a student complain about God vs science i erase this bcuz people think dis is not fair



A science professor begins his school
year with a lecture to the students,
"Let me explain the problem science has
with religion." The atheist professor of
philosophy pauses before his class and
then asks one of his new students to stand.

"You're a Christian, aren't you, son?"

"Yes sir," the student says.

"So you believe in God?"

"Absolutely."

"Is God good?"

"Sure! God's good."

"Is God all-powerful? Can God do anything?"

"Yes."

"Are you good or evil?"

"The Bible says I'm evil."

The professor grins knowingly. "Aha! The
Bible!" He considers for a moment.
"Here's one for you. Let's say there's a
sick person over here and you can cure
him. You can do it. Would you help him?
Would you try?"

"Yes sir, I would."

"So you're good...!"

"I wouldn't say that."

"But why not say that? You'd help a sick
and maimed person if you could. Most of
us would if we could. But God doesn't."

The student does not answer, so the
professor continues. "He doesn't, does
he? My brother was a Christian who died
of cancer, even though he prayed to
Jesus to heal him. How is this Jesus
good? Hmmm? Can you answer that one?"

The student remains silent.

"No, you can't, can you?" the professor
says. He takes a sip of water from a
glass on his desk to give the student
time to relax.

"Let's start again, young fella. Is God
good?"

"Er...yes," the student says.

"Is Satan good?"

The student doesn't hesitate on this
one. "No."

"Then where does Satan come from?"

The student falters. "From God"

"That's right. God made Satan, didn't
he? Tell me, son. Is there evil in this
world?"

"Yes, sir."

"Evil's everywhere, isn't it? And God
did make everything, correct?"

"Yes."

"So who created evil?" The professor
continued, "If God created everything,
then God created evil, since evil
exists, and according to the principle
that our works define who we are, then
God is evil."

Again, the student has no answer. "Is
there sickness? Immorality? Hatred?
Ugliness? All these terrible things, do
they exist in this world?"

The student squirms on his feet. "Yes."

"So who created them?"

The student does not answer again, so
the professor repeats his question. "Who
created them?" There is still no answer.
Suddenly the lecturer breaks away to
pace in front of the classroom. The
class is mesmerized. "Tell me," he
continues onto another student. "Do you
believe in Jesus Christ, son?"

The student's voice betrays him and
cracks. "Yes, professor, I do."

The old man stops pacing. "Science says
you have five senses you use to identify
and observe the world around you. Have
you ever seen Jesus?"

"No sir. I've never seen Him."

"Then tell us if you've ever heard your
Jesus?"

"No, sir, I have not."

"Have you ever felt your Jesus, tasted
your Jesus or smelt your Jesus? Have you
ever had any sensory perception of Jesus
Christ, or God for that matter?"

"No, sir, I'm afraid I haven't."

"Yet you still believe in him?"

"Yes."

"According to the rules of empirical,
testable, demonstrable protocol, science
says your God doesn't exist. What do you
say to that, son?"

"Nothing," the student replies. "I only
have my faith."

"Yes, faith," the professor repeats.
"And that is the problem science has
with God. There is no evidence, only faith."

The student stands quietly for a moment,
before asking a question of His own.
"Professor, is there such thing as heat?"

"Yes," the professor replies. "There's
heat."

"And is there such a thing as cold?"

"Yes, son, there's cold too."

"No sir, there isn't."

The professor turns to face the student,
obviously interested. The room suddenly
becomes very quiet. The student begins
to explain. "You can have lots of heat,
even more heat, super-heat, mega-heat,
unlimited heat, white heat, a little
heat or no heat, but we don't have
anything called 'cold'. We can hit up to
458 degrees below zero, which is no
heat, but we can't go any further after
that. There is no such thing as cold;
otherwise we would be able to go colder
than the lowest -458 degrees."

"Every body or object is susceptible to
study when it has or transmits energy,
and heat is what makes a body or matter
have or transmit energy. Absolute zero
(-458 F) is the total absence of heat.
You see, sir, cold is only a word we use
to describe the absence of heat. We
cannot measure cold. Heat we can measure
in thermal units because heat is energy.
Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir,
just the absence of it."

Silence across the room. A pen drops
somewhere in the classroom, sounding
like a hammer.

"What about darkness, professor. Is
there such a thing as darkness?"

"Yes," the professor replies without
hesitation. "What is night if it isn't
darkness?"

"You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is
not something; it is the absence of
something. You can have low light,
normal light, bright light, flashing
light, but if you have no light
constantly you have nothing and it's
called darkness, isn't it? That's the
meaning we use to define the word."

"In reality, darkness isn't. If it were,
you would be able to make darkness
darker, wouldn't you?"

The professor begins to smile at the
student in front of him. This will be a
good semester. "So what point are you
making, young man?"

"Yes, professor. My point is, your
philosophical premise is flawed to start
with, and so your conclusion must also
be flawed."

The professor's face cannot hide his
surprise this time. "Flawed? Can you
explain how?"

"You are working on the premise of
duality," the student explains. "You
argue that there is life and then
there's death; a good God and a bad God.
You are viewing the concept of God as
something finite, something we can
measure. Sir, science can't even explain
a thought."

"It uses electricity and magnetism, but
has never seen, much less fully
understood either one. To view death as
the opposite of life is to be ignorant
of the fact that death cannot exist as a
substantive thing. Death is not the
opposite of life, just the absence of it."

"Now tell me, professor. Do you teach
your students that they evolved from a
monkey?"

"If you are referring to the natural
evolutionary process, young man, yes, of
course I do."

"Have you ever observed evolution with
your own eyes, sir?"

The professor begins to shake his head,
still smiling, as he realizes where the
argument is going. A very good semester,
indeed.

"Since no one has ever observed the
process of evolution at work and cannot
even prove that this process is an
on-going endeavor, are you not teaching
your opinion, sir? Are you now not a
scientist, but a preacher?"

The class is in uproar. The student
remains silent until the commotion has
subsided.

"To continue the point you were making
earlier to the other student, let me
give you an example of what I mean."

The student looks around the room. "Is
there anyone in the class who has ever
seen the professor's brain?" The class
breaks out into laughter.

"Is there anyone here who has ever heard
the professor's brain, felt the
professor's brain, touched or smelt the
professor's brain? No one appears to
have done so. So, according to the
established rules of empirical, stable,
demonstrable protocol, science says that
you have no brain, with all due respect,
sir."

"So if science says you have no brain,
how can we trust your lectures, sir?"

Now the room is silent. The professor
just stares at the student, his face
unreadable.

Finally, after what seems an eternity,
the old man answers. "I guess you'll
have to take them on faith."

"Now, you accept that there is faith,
and, in fact, faith exists with life,"
the student continues. "Now, sir, is
there such a thing as evil?"

Now uncertain, the professor responds,
"Of course, there is. We see it
everyday. It is in the daily example of
man's inhumanity to man. It is in the
multitude of crime and violence
everywhere in the world. These
manifestations are nothing else but evil."

To this the student replied, "Evil does
not exist sir, or at least it does not
exist unto itself. Evil is simply the
absence of God. It is just like darkness
and cold, a word that man has created to
describe the absence of God. God did not
create evil. Evil is the result of what
happens when man does not have God's
love present in his heart. It's like the
cold that comes when there is no heat or
the darkness that comes when there is no
light."

The professor sat down.



I'm spechless about wat i just saw. so i want u to delete that because everything in that shoet story is FALSE
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.