Created by gus
If they made a live-action "High School of the Dead" movie, who should direct?
gus
8626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Chicago Area
Offline
Posted 10/15/10
As a lover of all things zombie, one of my favorite animes is High School of the Dead. If they were to make a live-action adaptation of the film, who do you think should direct it? For me, no contest. It has to be George Romero. He can make an apocalyptic zombie movie that also has the right amount of humor. But that is not to say that Sam Raimi or Danny Boyle wouldn't do a good job. What do you think?
50508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 10/16/10 , edited 10/16/10
I'll vote for Raimi, though Zack Snyder (Dawn of the Dead remake) would be a good choice too.
53387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/16/10
I dunno them,, but I voted for the 1st one and HoTD movie wud be great...
gus
8626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Chicago Area
Offline
Posted 10/17/10

imphic wrote:

I'll vote for Raimi, though Zack Snyder (Dawn of the Dead remake) would be a good choice too.


Though I liked the original Dawn better, the remake was not too shabby. I also think David Slade (30 Days of Night) would be an interesting choice.
9376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 10/19/10
Danny Boyle
Posted 10/19/10

gus wrote:

As a lover of all things zombie, one of my favorite animes is High School of the Dead. If they were to make a live-action adaptation of the film, who do you think should direct it? For me, no contest. It has to be George Romero. He can make an apocalyptic zombie movie that also has the right amount of humor. But that is not to say that Sam Raimi or Danny Boyle wouldn't do a good job. What do you think?


hope it not as hentai as the anime
gus
8626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Chicago Area
Offline
Posted 10/20/10

burza wrote:


gus wrote:

As a lover of all things zombie, one of my favorite animes is High School of the Dead. If they were to make a live-action adaptation of the film, who do you think should direct it? For me, no contest. It has to be George Romero. He can make an apocalyptic zombie movie that also has the right amount of humor. But that is not to say that Sam Raimi or Danny Boyle wouldn't do a good job. What do you think?


hope it not as hentai as the anime


I don't think it would have as much fanservice if it were a live-action film. Granted, there would probably be at least some, but no more than the amount that you would find in an average 80's slasher-flick.
Posted 10/28/10
I voted Dan, but I ment to vote for George. Romero FTW!
You must be logged in to post.