First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
America is doomed. The master plan revelaed.
Posted 10/17/10 , edited 10/17/10

moratorium wrote:

it feels like everything is a business in american...well at least in texas it feels that way .......


OMG.... how did u read my mind? i agree!!! there are more police patroling the streets here than normal citizens!
Im not against police, but i am PRO vigilante!! and feel more threatened than protected with these guys around.

@ the poster... i belive you put the government too closely grouped, it isnt one entity, it is millions of people in hundreds of divisions making different decisions high and low in every state.
Posted 10/17/10 , edited 10/17/10

squirrel3d wrote:



You know without captialism, you wouldn't have 95% of what we use, eat, read, play, listen, or watch on a daily basis. You wouldn't have your job. You wouldn't have sports. You wouldn't have ANYTHING that we take for granted.

Barrack Hussien Obama (yeah that's right, I said the middle name) is a noob president who is 50% media creation, since most of you never heard of him before running for office. Admit it. And the other 50% comes from special interests, george soros, and the weak ass spineless republican party who put up that RINO John "The Shame" McCain to purposly lose to this half-black current president---HE'S NOT THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT, BUT THE FIRST MIXED RACE PRESIDENT!! Research his birth mother if you don't believe me.



You shouldn't have skimmed, i'm not attacking capitalism, I am attacking fascism and the weight of over censorship. Just as a reference since you didn't read hardly anything I said. We as Americans are a mixed economy, I support this mixed economy. I do not support either side absolutely. If we were 100% capitalist in this nation, we would have no freedoms as money would quickly "Purchase" fascism. That is what this is about, I also have articles on my blog that discuss the opposite side of the field, i.e. "Socialism".

Talking about presidents or political affiliations is pretty off topic, this thread was not supposed to have anything to do with that, so don't start it. You can be conservative, liberal, moderate, full fledged socialist, or a martian and still know what I am talking about. The only reason to actually be "fully against" what I say is if you are a fascist. My parents are die hard conservatives, and even they understand that more of big brother is not a good thing.

Also, I will play devil's advocate for a moment. Obama is no more socialist, then bush was a fascist. Oh and do you think it's obama who started this shady law passing? Sorry but it has been going on far before that. In fact, it "mostly" started in the 80's during reagen's term, they passed legislature that made the white house superior to congress in certain cases. This made the balance of power tilted to anybody within the white house, so that the "Checks and balances", and the sphere of power, is uneven now. Every political party has been trying to bring the white house closer to a autocracy with each passing leadership.

Be glad not everyone is behind capitalism 100%, and not everybody is conservative, if we were, we would be living in a Dystopia right now. The same can be said if we were forcefully turned into a communist nation. You hate socialism yes? The only reason socialism is bad is because it simply doesn't work when practiced off of paper. This is due to the "human flaw" of how we created apathy, greed, and laziness in modern society. However, Fascism works VERY WELL. Do you know why??? It grows off of the "human flaw", mostly the part of "greed and apathy"... Just like a mold... It is purchased by the wealthy. And it takes your freedoms very well. Guess what, news flash, fascism is a far right economic structure that is paid for and grown by capitalism. Have fun getting shot when you peacefully protest that your civil rights have been abused.

You need to open your eyes and see that neither side of the political swing is good, both stink like crap, and you have to fight to keep them from going to far in one direction i.e. Socialism or Fascism. And please stop making generalizations, you do not speak for other people. When you say things like, "Most of you never ect", that is just asking to turn a simple discussion into a personal attack. I won't put words into your mouth if you don't put them into mine.
7559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
no where.
Offline
Posted 10/17/10
i wanna live in canada
Posted 10/17/10 , edited 10/17/10
Oh well, whatever.
Posted 10/17/10
I am an American, and I regularly watch the news (FOX), but this is the first time I have ever had to worry about something like this, America is becoming totalitarian.
A Police state? I've never heard of it, but thanks for the information. I hope America's power stays with the people in the future.
Posted 10/17/10 , edited 10/17/10

PsyonicB wrote:

I am an American, and I regularly watch the news (FOX), but this is the first time I have ever had to worry about something like this, America is becoming totalitarian.
A Police state? I've never heard of it, but thanks for the information. I hope America's power stays with the people in the future.


Basically, any media you watch, CNN, ABC, FOX, are all out for a certain political agenda, FOX will never speak of fascism, and CNN will never talk about socialism, because those are the extremes of where their affiliations lie. Very real extremes. You cannot watch media on cable and find a un-biased view point in today's age. There is some background knowledge that you actually have to study up on, because the media won't inform you of it.

Heres an example... Have you noticed how FOX always brings up our "Founding fathers", and the likes of patriotism? That is because history, and Nationalism are strong aspects of Conservatism. Conservatism is not bad, but an over zealous Conservative that overly promotes Capitalism and goes by the saying of "An eye for an eye". That is what you have to watch out for. Likewise there is an extreme to the opposite side. The extreme to the right is fascism, and that leads to more big brother, a police state, and less civil liberties for you because the banks are throwing out the money to pass legislature that exploits your liberties.

If you consider yourself a Libertarian, it does not matter weather you are in the center, the left, or to the right... Fascism is not the same as libertarian, fascism is lies in the realm of "Authoritarian". Even right wing conservatives who enjoy their "Civil liberties", do not like Fascism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarian "Libertarianism is the advocacy of individual liberty, especially freedom of thought and action". Free market Conservatism and the idea of "Socialism" fits into this spot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authoritarian "Authoritarianism is a form of social organization characterized by submission to authority". Fascism's with Police states, and Failed Communism/Socialism which creates an autocracy fit into these spots. Fascism does not create an Autocracy, however it limits your freedom of speech and various other liberties, in a similar way to an Autocracy.

Read the links, and find out which one you agree with more. Remember, both the left, and the right, have people who are Libertarian, and people who are Authoritarian. Gandhi is an example of a Left wing Libertarian, while Joseph Stalin is an example of a Left wing Authoritarian. While Adolf Hitler is an example of a Right wing Authoritarian, and an example of a right wing libertarian would be... Probably you... If you enjoy your right to a "Peaceful" protest without being shot and killed...
Posted 10/17/10 , edited 10/17/10

KillerCupcakes wrote:

i wanna live in canada


Canada is having the same problem as we are because of the G20. The G20 is economic plan that has been funded and created by "Bankers", to create a Global economy, and a Inter-nations political sphere... This means the economy will be more connected to other nations then it ever has been.

So when one nation starts failing, it will create a ripple effect and help destroy other nations, those other nations will then point fingers and there will be a blame game, and eventually, I can even see this leading up to WWIII. Basically Canada is a part of the G20, because the bankers over in Canada have paid out the politicians to accept it. After all, the Bankers and politicians don't care about the fact that once the G20 passes, all the problems that America suffers will carry over into Canada... Canada will sink just like America after this, but the bankers and politicians don't care because they see the opportunity for green.

This is a sure fire way to create an "Elite class" of Politicians, Bankers, and Capitalists, without the ability for the people to turn it around. Because no matter where you go now, you will always be subservient to the Elite, you just think you are free because there is a constitution that states your freedoms, however, those freedoms have been exploited so much, that they hold no power. The paid for media will continue to brainwash people into believing they are still free, while ignoring certain topics entirely like the G20. That way we will all be happy and ignorant about the screw job we are getting.

To sum it all up, your freedoms are turning into words with no actions. Just a fancy trophy that says what you have to keep you satisfied. In our society, tyranny is paid for with a hand shake and cold hard cash.
Posted 10/17/10
big business is bad??? What else is new, but we all love our goods like computers, ds lites and cellphones cheap so it's a win/lose situation. Do we as American's want economic growth so we have can cheap goods or do we give this up for our freedoms?
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 10/17/10

varnlestoff wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarian "Libertarianism is the advocacy of individual liberty, especially freedom of thought and action". Free market Conservatism and the idea of "Socialism" fits into this spot.


Socialism stands for free markets, economic freedom and property rights ? Wtf, since when. That's the opposite of socialism last I checked.
Posted 10/17/10 , edited 10/17/10

Allhailodin wrote:


varnlestoff wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarian "Libertarianism is the advocacy of individual liberty, especially freedom of thought and action". Free market Conservatism and the idea of "Socialism" fits into this spot.


Socialism stands for free markets, economic freedom and property rights ? Wtf, since when. That's the opposite of socialism last I checked.


No, I am not saying Free market conservatism is the same as socialism, I am saying that Free market conservatism, and socialism, are both economic systems that Libertarians are often associated with.

Usually if you are a Libertarian to the left, you like the idea of Socialism, if you are a Libertarian to the right, you like free market Conservatism... Both systems advocate individual liberty.

Now if you are an Authoritarian, you probably go towards things like, Fascism, and "broken" Communism/Socialism. You know the kind that most nations have. You see socialism is not supposed to have a governing power, it's by the people for the people, however nice on paper, it usually ends up in shambles. It almost always leads to a government with a Autocrat in power. Such as soviet Russia with Joseph Stalin, that is a classical failed Socialism. While if you watch V for Vendetta... That is a futuristic depiction of a Fascist Police state where democracy is abused and they use censorship, propaganda, and force to control people just like you would in a society with a Totalitarian dictatorship.
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 10/17/10

varnlestoff wrote:



Those of you on CR who don't live in America are very fortunate, as we are on a sinking ship. I advise all else to grab their bag of popcorn and read this article while listening to the Symphony of destruction. This is a wild ride, so get the song here and let's rock. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtPQ_QJpFIU

There has been something of great discussion as of late, it's called a "Police state". I am going to share my thoughts on a police state, what it means for you, why it is bad, and why government is not the only party to blame for it.

The reason the government goes to far in surveillance, security, and police measures is because they want to "Protect the citizens". They actually do want to keep people in order by being overly protective. Well not only that, but they get paid to protect us. By being paid to "protect us", they protect "us" from realizing that it's largely funded by the banks. I'll get into that later. Their idea of "protecting" us is by going to far and invade our civil liberties. The very thing we all hate, a police state, is spawned due to the criticism we as citizens give the government telling them to "DO A BETTER JOB", and we the citizens begin feeling entitled to a "SUPERMAN", to fly in and save the day.


We are partially to blame as the people for feeling that we must have all encompassing protection and help by the government. When we bashed the government for it's slow response on the New Orleans flood, the government set out to ratify new measures for quicker response, and better mobilization. The same mobilization they use to quickly stop you from your protests that is aimed at telling the government to stop breaching your civil rights. We are truly not without fault, and as such, we need to fight the power, but recognize that we share equal weight in responsibility of the manifestation of power.


The policing and control over the people works very much like a company. If the company provides a bad product, people will provide harsh criticism, and stop using the service. If the company does nothing about the problems, it will collapse and fail as people will not put up with frank bulls***. So the logical choice would be for the company to respond to the negative feedback by streamlining their product, making it more efficient to meet the needs of the client so they can have a "stable experience". Of course we all know that changing a product usually requires investors for fork over cash for the finalized product. e.g The banks. In the case of government, it's controlling your life and freedom by over embracing the people in the name of safety and protection. At our current point in time, they have become so efficient, that they are effectively "saving us from ourselves".


Believe it or not, if everybody followed their government blindly, we would have more freedom then what we have now as far as living out our lives goes. Because after time, the government would become lazy and more relax as far as preventative measures go, allowing it's system to become soft. This is a double edged sword however, as those very preventative measures are also meant to provide relief to disasters, and mass casualty incidents. The more we fight, the more the government will strengthen the system to prevent us from fighting or needing to fight any further. After all, the government HATES criticism, they see themselves as being as close as you get to perfection. The very streamline that gives the people more reason for criticizing the government, then causing the government to strengthen it's control over you even more. In a way, we, the people, are shooting ourselves in the foot.

However in recent times, it has been the banks who have been paying for military to back riots. Yes that's right, the military is helping fight the citizens. I believe that this was the final string to be pulled that put us in this vicious cycle. The military and police now act similar to a mercenary force for the banks. There have even been cases where there would be supposed "Anarchists" at peaceful protests, who incite trouble, which then turns the protest into a "Illegal protest", in which the riot police, and now the military are allowed to legally break up. People have followed these anarchists and found that they in fact go back to a military base where they work as soldiers! That's right, if you want to suppress the people and strip them of their civil liberty, then find a way to get around the bill of rights! The first amendment at that! This is censorship on a whole new level.

So if you do not protest your government, you are doing yourself harm. If you do protest your government, you do yourself harm. The question is how do we escape this vicious cycle we seem to have caught ourselves in. I don't know the answer to that, but if we do not find one, America will become the land of government that forces the people to say: "We are free". As if we are not smart enough to realize the truth... We are not free. Our freedoms are being stripped from us day to day, and in place of these freedoms, a cloak to keep us satisfied. Our bill of rights say we still have these wonderful freedoms. Yet those rolling in green are paying the government to expand forceful censorship, and in turn they find ways "around" our rights. We still have rights, they just don't work as advertised because the banks exploit them.

In my opinion, America does not "Work for the people", it works exclusively for the insanely wealthy. If this were a machine, it would be shut down and have an "Out of order" sign on it. As you see a arcade machine that only takes $1,000,000 bills does not get very many users... How would we go about changing the arcade machine to accept quarters? We cannot because the select few playing this game pays off guards to keep everybody away from it. It's a niche party folks, and we're not invited.

Here's an example of the screw-over-process

"The publisher" - Rich corporations talk with banks as they share common interests. They want the faulty product, aka "Laws" that the developer, aka "Government" is delivering to the people to be "better designed" so that the users, aka "The people", may become lost it it's amazing.

"The developer" - The government is paid by the banks to ratify laws and find holes in our bill of rights.

"The user" - The people speak out against these acts because they become conscious to the suppression of freedoms for the profit of the banks. The suppression is a means of silencing the truth, and promoting ignorance into our society through cheap media.

Our very own brothers and sisters are being used as dogs of the military, no, dogs of the banks, to oppress their own people. In a way, it's just as depressing as war itself. This is how good intentions and patriotism turns into a two faced monster, all the while lies are fed to keep the cause just and righteous. Ignorant of the dollar bill behind it.


lol you're stupid. What are you suggesting then, a complete anarchy where anybody can do whatever they please? and about what you said about the military and police being used to subjugate civilians...tell that to the countless heros who risked their lives who jumped in a burning house to save the family trapped inside, or the officers who were shot trying to stop gang violence in L.A. or the countless heros in the military who boldly protecting America and if it weren't for them, you would be speaking Japanese, or Russian, or whatever language the other attacking forces would like you to speak
Posted 10/17/10 , edited 10/17/10

LemonyPanda wrote:



lol you're stupid. What are you suggesting then, a complete anarchy where anybody can do whatever they please? and about what you said about the military and police being used to subjugate civilians...tell that to the countless heros who risked their lives who jumped in a burning house to save the family trapped inside, or the officers who were shot trying to stop gang violence in L.A. or the countless heros in the military who boldly protecting America and if it weren't for them, you would be speaking Japanese, or Russian, or whatever language the other attacking forces would like you to speak


Did I make a suggestion somewhere? I didn't realize it... You didn't exactly comprehend what I wrote very well either. And now you are trying micro manage the moral aspects of every distinct part of our society.. I am not talking about the individuals and what they bring to the society, I am speaking of the system that is above them.

I myself am a paramedic, I am a part of the very system you are defending. To get an idea of my standpoint, I am not attacking any individual, but I am attacking out of control extremism that is putting us on the wrong track.

You are seriously misplacing your inflated sense of nationalism.

Also, for the personal attack, I will direct you to this, it's already been done in this thread, but apparently you didn't notice or comprehend it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_Hominem

An ad hominem (Latin: "to the man"), also known as argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to link the validity of a premise to a characteristic or belief of the person advocating the premise. The ad hominem is a classic logical fallacy. The ad hominem is not always fallacious, for in some instances questions of personal conduct, character, motives, etc., are legitimate and relevant to the issue.

Ad hominem abuse (also called personal abuse or personal attacks) usually involves insulting or belittling one's opponent in order to invalidate his or her argument, but can also involve pointing out factual but ostensible character flaws or actions which are irrelevant to the opponent's argument. This tactic is logically fallacious because insults and even true negative facts about the opponent's personal character have nothing to do with the logical merits of the opponent's arguments or assertions.
64240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 10/17/10
This is all made possible because of the banks and their control over nearly everything. Nothing short of revolution will change this fact. That said....I'm gonna go watch some anime and pretend RL doesn't exist.
83690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Where the future...
Offline
Posted 10/17/10
That's all very fatalistic, isn't it? There isn't a place on earth that isn't marred by corruption to some degree or another. Still, the US isn't quite nearly in as bad shape as a lot of other countries are. A lot of them complain over the fact that we even complain about stuff when they're worse.
Posted 10/18/10

moratorium wrote:
it feels like everything is a business in american...well at least in texas it feels that way .......


Well, that's really inevitable since the USA function under a capitalism system after all; let's be glad that it's not a pure capitalism

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.