First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
America is doomed. The master plan revelaed.
Posted 10/18/10 , edited 10/18/10

TobiaSR32 wrote:

That's all very fatalistic, isn't it? There isn't a place on earth that isn't marred by corruption to some degree or another. Still, the US isn't quite nearly in as bad shape as a lot of other countries are. A lot of them complain over the fact that we even complain about stuff when they're worse.


I'm not going to pretend to be someone with a large sense of "Nationality", after all, we don't choose what nation we are born under. And I am not ignorant to what is going around me in other parts of the world. But I do know that most people are looking to towards a better world, and we try to do that where it is reasonably possible, which is pretty much the place where you are at. It's possible for me to have empathy for other people, but the action I take is action to benefit what I can within my sphere of influence.

If I had been born in China, I would be doing something similar there. If I had been born in North Korea where you are not even allowed to have opinions like these, I would probably be risking my life in a rebel organization with the purpose of helping my fellow men, women and children, the masses of them dying of starvation in the streets.

While I am not nationalistic, I do consider myself patriotic. However I am not patriotic towards my government, or any persons within a structure. My patriotism is reserved for the love of where I live and the strive to make it better. Right now we have it pretty good no doubt, but if nobody stood up to what is currently going on, we would be going down the drain very fast.
79512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / dubai
Offline
Posted 10/18/10
Sooo long~_~ dun wan read..but oh,well~~im not from america anyways..~~haha~~but still my home country philippines is already corrupted..im not shock~~
83688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Where the future...
Offline
Posted 10/18/10

varnlestoff wrote:


TobiaSR32 wrote:

That's all very fatalistic, isn't it? There isn't a place on earth that isn't marred by corruption to some degree or another. Still, the US isn't quite nearly in as bad shape as a lot of other countries are. A lot of them complain over the fact that we even complain about stuff when they're worse.


I'm not going to pretend to be someone with a large sense of "Nationality", after all, we don't choose what nation we are born under. And I am not ignorant to what is going around me in other parts of the world. But I do know that most people are looking to towards a better world, and we try to do that where it is reasonably possible, which is pretty much the place where you are at. It's possible for me to have empathy for other people, but the action I take is action to benefit what I can within my sphere of influence.

If I had been born in China, I would be doing something similar there. If I had been born in North Korea where you are not even allowed to have opinions like these, I would probably be risking my life in a rebel organization with the purpose of helping my fellow men, women and children, the masses of them dying of starvation in the streets.

While I am not nationalistic, I do consider myself patriotic. However I am not patriotic towards my government, or any persons within a structure. My patriotism is reserved for the love of where I live and the strive to make it better. Right now we have it pretty good no doubt, but if nobody stood up to what is currently going on, we would be going down the drain very fast.


That's all a person can really do. Idealistically, if all people no matter where they are born do what they can to make their homes a better place, we'd be all much better off. But realistically, we know that to not be the case.

Still, I have nothing but the utmost respect for people that continue to try to do so despite the forces at work against them. Keep at it.
Posted 10/18/10
Lol I knew this shit when I was starting high school way back when. At least a few people are starting to catch on that corporate America has buttfucked everybody into a miserable economy. And things are only gonna get worse unless action is taken. But that's asking too much because most Americans are too fucking lazy or distracted by Facebook these days. Until most of us lose our jobs and way of life that is.

Glad I got into the revolutionary game early, cause now I'm more than prepared for when this country loses it and riots breakout. In my opinion America needs a complete reset with only the constitution and the bill of rights as the foundation for a new beginning. But this time Capitalism should be illegal and punishable by public execution. That'll teach those multi-millionaire pricks a thing or two about the common good lol.
75444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Atlanta, GA
Offline
Posted 10/18/10
You have a couple of good points but you are really simplifying things way to much. The biggest problem is that people think the government owes them something. The government does not owe you anything. You must get involved with the government by voting. This is very true in local elections. The federal elections and certainly presidential elections you have very little effect on with your vote. But in a local election your vote is important yet most people never take the time to vote. So go and vote if you do not like something. Start running for local government and change something, do not just complain and write long letters saying how bad everything is. Try and change it or shut up.
Posted 10/18/10 , edited 10/18/10

kidrada2 wrote:

You have a couple of good points but you are really simplifying things way to much. The biggest problem is that people think the government owes them something. The government does not owe you anything. You must get involved with the government by voting. This is very true in local elections. The federal elections and certainly presidential elections you have very little effect on with your vote. But in a local election your vote is important yet most people never take the time to vote. So go and vote if you do not like something. Start running for local government and change something, do not just complain and write long letters saying how bad everything is. Try and change it or shut up.


That would be nice the only problem being... Joining politics is like going to a party where everyone peer pressures you to do some weed. The only way out is to simply not be there. You can go into politics with the best of interests, but you soon find out that you become infected with the disease of either corruption, or the disease of changing your policies on the dime to fit the CEO's need. Politics is the most screwed up game in the world.

Also, in recent times, voting hasn't done a god damn thing, there are bills being passed that don't even have the option for a public vote, and those are the ones screwing us over the most. You cannot even protest properly, the government goes around the first amendment by sending in drones to cause chaos and make the rally illegal. After that, everyone, even people holding a damn peace sign gets the ban stick, rubber bullet, and pepper spray.

I do everything I can to change it, I attend rallies, and I contribute to my blog. And I won't be shut up. Every day more people start attending the rallies to oppose the G20. Which will pass to make a global economy. Around the seminars, they have effectively established marshal law. When peaceful protests stop working entirely, I am positive that very soon, riots will be breaking up all around us. Right now is a very crucial time in America's history. It is also crucial in many places such as Canada, China, and many other nations that are involved in the G20.

You know it is a bad sign for the times when people who advocate peace and helping the population, become violent.

Also I don't know if you have heard this proverb. Back in the day, it was proven that the pen is mightier than the sword, and in today's time, the pen has been show to be mightier than an atomic bomb. "I'm sure I quoted it wrong". Actions may speak louder then words, but when your actions match your worlds, they have the power make a much longer standing impression than a lone action.

Also about my simplifying it... That is true, I could go far more into detail about a lot of it. However, the best way to share an idea is not to be overly technical. I skim the surface of the topic, and it's up to the reader to see for themselves whether it's true. If they care to bother.
Posted 10/18/10

saintofanarchy wrote:

But this time Capitalism should be illegal and punishable by public execution. That'll teach those multi-millionaire pricks a thing or two about the common good lol.


As it is we are too dependent on capitalism... If we completely erased it, our entire economy, and way of life would completely disappear. We need to slowly put control over the corruption so that banks can't screw the people over with money. Right now, the only thing keeping the working class citizens alive is the fact that those corporations need our bodies in the workplace, and the fact that we are a mixed economy, to somewhat keep the balance even. Just you wait until robots replace humans with everything except high position corporate jobs. Hey may as well let every single labor class worker die a miserable death.

It's sort of like... Population control? The elites will have more money, more power, and they will be the masters of robots! Hoorah.
1610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 10/18/10
Wow long article... I'm leaving in a couple minutes for a study session so I didn't read the whole thing... Sorry not enough time but I'll read it later(believe it or not it's for a test on this exact same topic LOL)

America is slowly descending, that I can agree on. Hehe I go to a Christian school, that thinks we're going down because this country is no longer Christ-driven... They're full believers in not separating Church and State. And they also think that we're in our downfall because the education of our people is sorely lacking, apparently the founding fathers of this country we're academically trained really well and that's what made this country a success in the beginning.

I don't know if I fully agree with a lot of what they're teaching... But I know one thing for certain, America is sort of in a mess, and a bunch of people seem to be scrambling to fix it, which seems to be making it even more chaotic...

Ah well onto studying =) Got a nice big test tomorrow!
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 10/18/10 , edited 10/18/10
I always wish I could actually debate about politics.....but I know that when I take my first step into the political world....I would get blown away, therefore Im not going to read what this topic is about xD
Posted 10/18/10 , edited 10/18/10

shikario wrote:

America is slowly descending, that I can agree on. Hehe I go to a Christian school, that thinks we're going down because this country is no longer Christ-driven... They're full believers in not separating Church and State.

I don't know if I fully agree with a lot of what they're teaching... But I know one thing for certain, America is sort of in a mess, and a bunch of people seem to be scrambling to fix it, which seems to be making it even more chaotic...



Before the declaration of independence was signed, the founding fathers were very diverse in their religions and beliefs, quite a few were even Atheist. So they all had to make compromises on what sort of theism to build off of. They decided Atheism wasn't proper because it did not have a vast moral teaching behind the idea. In the end they chose Christianity because.

A: The moral teachings that you got out of the Christianity were what they mostly agreed were best suited for the creation of a stable culture that could prosper.

B: The number of Christians outnumbered those of other beliefs.

I personally don't think the church and the state should be fully integrated, not because there are various religions who are strangely offended that Christianity is prominent in our nation. But because you have absolute Theists in Christianity who relate every man made, or man driven cause to their belief system. Sort of like how you are saying the people in your church directly relate the slump America as being due to a decreasing percentage of Christians. That definitely doesn't make people of various religions very happy. That sort of close mindedness could work when the population was primarily christian based with less then say a 500,000 populace. However when you have 400+ million people who all have varied belief systems in a nation of democracy, it just doesn't stick.

However I do believe that the morals that are brought from religion should be integrated, morals are a timeless thing, and without them everything would fall apart. It is a large part of what separates us from our animal counter parts.

I really get boiled up when somebody bashes the Pledge of allegiance because the name "God" is in it. You know, the name "God" is almost a globally accepted name for "Higher Deity". Just about all religions can say the pledge of allegiance for "Their person Deity". And if you don't believe in god, then it really really doesn't matter, because to you it is really just another word in a series of pledges to the state.
1451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Vancouver, Canada
Offline
Posted 10/18/10
Even though this all seems very important:
TL; DR
Posted 10/18/10 , edited 10/18/10

TheHappyPenguin wrote:

Even though this all seems very important:
TL; DR


Haha that's fine. I will give you a short rundown of the biggest part to effect you directly... With the G20 coming out, Canada is being screwed over by joining the American economy! You will probably end up noticing some of the effects very soon when just about every material item you can get into Canada triples or quadruples in price.

This is because... The G20 plan for Canada is to cut their total economic debt in half by 2013... Halving anything in economics usually takes decades. So skyrocketing prices and tax ftw? This has a ripple affect as well, so other small business has to compensate to the price hike...

That haircut you want costs $10-15? Now it's $25-$30

That new MP3 player costs $299? Now it's $699

$3 for milk at a local deli? Hehe try $9 You now get one for the price of of three! And here I always used to see advertisements saying three for the price of one. It must be opposites day.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 10/18/10

varnlestoff wrote:


TheHappyPenguin wrote:

Even though this all seems very important:
TL; DR


Haha that's fine. I will give you a short rundown of the biggest part to effect you directly... With the G20 coming out, Canada is being screwed over by joining the American economy! You will probably end up noticing some of the effects very soon when just about every material item you can get into Canada triples or quadruples in price.

This is because... The G20 plan for Canada is to cut their total economic debt in half by 2013... Halving anything in economics usually takes decades. So skyrocketing prices and tax ftw? This has a ripple affect as well, so other small business has to compensate to the price hike...

That haircut you want costs $10-15? Now it's $25-$30

That new MP3 player costs $299? Now it's $699

$3 for milk at a local deli? Hehe try $9 You now get one for the price of of three! And here I always used to see advertisements saying three for the price of one. It must be opposites day.


Canadia taxes are already outrageous (29% ) tho still lower than the our ungodly 35% how much higher can they possibly go ?
Posted 10/18/10 , edited 10/18/10

Allhailodin wrote:


varnlestoff wrote:


TheHappyPenguin wrote:

Even though this all seems very important:
TL; DR


Canadia taxes are already outrageous (29% ) tho still lower than the our ungodly 35% how much higher can they possibly go ?


Not only that they want to just about double the Canadian tax that goes into making their health care free. And guess what, the increase won't go to providing better quality of care, it will be taken out and moved to reducing the overall economic debt and fixing the deficit. They really want to ring the wet towel on this one. The citizens are the wet sopping towel.

10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 10/18/10

varnlestoff wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


varnlestoff wrote:


TheHappyPenguin wrote:

Even though this all seems very important:
TL; DR


Canadia taxes are already outrageous (29% ) tho still lower than the our ungodly 35% how much higher can they possibly go ?


Not only that they want to just about double the Canadian tax that goes into making their health care free. And guess what, the increase won't go to providing better quality of care, it will be taken out and moved to reducing the overall economic debt and fixing the deficit. They really want to ring the wet towel on this one. The citizens are the wet sopping towel.


Well you have to fix the debt, fixing debt is a good thing, but you don't has to raise taxes to do it, you just cut lots of government programs.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.