First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply A SEPARATE BUT COMMON ORDEAL
Posted 10/24/10
THIS THREAD IS CREATED FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF ORGANIZING AND MAINTAINING THE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE THAT INVOLVE THE CHARACTERS OF THE "NIGHT GROUP" (SWAY, REAPER, GRIM, FATE AND MIKU). OUR PLOT DO CONTAIN SOME DATA COVERED SIMILARLY BY THE "MORNING GROUP" (A TIE-IN WITH SHIVA, AKI, CLOUD AND THE OTHERS), BUT OUR PATH LEADS US ELSEWHERE, DESPITE THIS COMMON GROUND. CROSSOVERS WILL DEFINITELY BE IMMINENT, AND THE FUTURE EVENTS THAT LEADS AFTER THE BADGER CITY INCIDENT WILL BE POSTED HERE. THIS SAID, THE PROBABILITY OF A SEQUEL IS HIGH.

MY THANKS TO THE GUYS WHO FIGHT THIS NIGHTMARE WITH ME, TO THE MORNING GROUP FOR THEIR UTMOST UNDERSTANDING FOR SUCH A DECISION, AND OF COURSE TO SERPENTER WHO GAVE US THE TWO THUMBS UP ON THIS NEW THREAD.


---- KARA aka SWAY.
Posted 10/24/10
{An excerpt taken from the journal of Dr Hyde} ~ ☢☢☢

A box on one hand and a vial on the other. The question now is where to hide these things. Not in my house. Even if I live on my own, I cannot feel safe knowing our employer have every means available to him, especially when that man Daegan is often around. I cannot have it hidden in a bank deposit box either. He knows people in there as well. As much time as I'd want trying to wreck my brains for a solution, there will always be Mortis who can stand in the way.

Night has fallen, but the Sandman never came for me. If ever he did, I am sure I would've ignored his existence since all I did was pace back and forth about my bedroom. From the moment these two items landed on my hands, I am aware that I cannot leave the decision-making for even a day. It must be now. If Mortis and his right-hand man have collective suspicions upon our backs, there is no way that I can go elsewhere unhindered by sunrise, without the paranoia that I'm being watched.

And then it occurred to me. The most common of places that's far from danger is what's most susceptible to land in peril. Why not hide it in a place that is actually close or related to Tricell? No one would ever think of seeking anomalies there (since the firm itself is already full of anomalies). Now for which ground? The establishments under the city? Hmmm... I dont think it probable. Too many staffers in each building and obviously, not the military base even. Unbeknownst to most, “they” had already started mixing some samples of “something” into the soldiers' food and are being monitored daily by Daegan's military staffers. That said, there will be random searches in bunkbeds, toilets, etc. which means only idiotic men would hide something valuable there.

The solution came when I finally sat on my bed, turned on the TV, and saw a commercial about medical insurance..... that's it, the hospital. I know there are many patients in that building at this very moment, but its the most convenient and viable answer. Without a moment to lose, I garbed up, went to the tool shed to gather tools, get in the car, and drove to the said location.

There is the back area of the hospital where men and women accept deliveries for medicine and other supplies necessary for the Test and Research Department of the said compound. We receive the shipment here in this farce lab but the real one, we all know where. As I reached the building, thoughts still nag as to where specifically must I go. I feel like a secret agent at this point, someone who will hopefully see the day, when I get to brag to my grandchildren and say that without the knowing eyes, I was able to sneak out a sample of the vial that will cure this infestation, though it is only a temporary cure.

I know that the Evanses will continue their pursuit for the permanent serum, though I have a feeling that they have no intention to include yours truly into joining into this endeavor. They mayhaps believe that I'm in danger enough as it is, and this new pursuit will only pull me into an even deeper disposition.

Despite the secrecy, my guts tell me that they have completed their goal, after weeks of non-stop toil. Wherever they have hidden it, the formula for the permanent one is stashed someplace... somewhere that even the higher ups do not know... Emma... she and her husband knows where it is, and yet they won't tell. Can't blame them though.

For now, I have hidden the formula for the temporary cure and the sample vial in a landscape where the man has cut his ear, and where the sunflowers will always bloom.

The events above and those I mentioned a few pages back, have occurred months before the final testing.... well, what SHOULD be the final testing. There were complications along the way, mostly with the reaction time, that it turned into years before the true Final Wave was announced to be unleashed. By then, I'm sure many things would have obviously happened. Other than the mere inflammations, there will be worse.

There is also, as mentioned, Derrence and Emma's imprisonment. I would come and visit them regularly, even gave them their family photo with Sway in it, just as requested. I come by often to see them until........... well, they vanished from their cells. I can't find their daughter to tell her this news... but then again, what exactly am I to tell her when I don't even know their whereabouts myself.

Looking at Tricell now compared from the day I just started here, all I can say is.... I hate this.... I hate what has become of this place... Its not to cure people... This land is for the dying... and the ones beyond it.

I have written long this time... Its been ages since I did so because of the work pressure. I do not know when will my next opportune moment be to enter more entries here... Probably after the said Final Wave is done... If I make it out alive.


☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢

The small clacking of the train becomes a welcoming sound to Sway. After that man barged in on them literally, she never thought that she'll even find sleep in this transport.

"(Short or long this trip goes, I got my sleep... and that's as good enough as any.)" She stretches herself from the comforts of the seats, and headed to the control room where Reaper was found resting. "Any idea where we're actually heading?"
Member
149011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Lost
Offline
Posted 10/24/10 , edited 10/24/10
"You look rested" he replies as he turns back to the control panel and grabs a book "In all honesty, Im not sure. The log books dont list any destination coordinates." He lays the book down. "Wherever it goes, they wanted to keep it secret." After this he turns and turns on the monitor above and cycles through more files, only to have the screen short out shortly after displaying info. "Tch damn thing" he smacks the monitor and sits down and turns to her. "Guess we go wherever the rails take us."
Member
36122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / on my laptop, whe...
Offline
Posted 10/24/10
"So we have no idea where we're going? There better be something good to see there or something everyone that worked down here knew about" Grim says walking in. "Uh is it ok to leave Fate along like that?" Miku askes coming in after Grim. "Yea, it'll be fine, he's practically a corpse in his condition, i don't see how he can go wandering causing us trouble" Grim said.
Posted 10/24/10 , edited 10/24/10
Sway looked at her companions and almost cracked a smile at Grim's remark. She was just about to head out towards the unconscious Fate when.....

KZZZZT..... KRRRRRK.... "This is--" ..... KZZZZT.... it was from one of the computer screens propped before them. It crackles while something that vents out through diagonal imagery kept popping in and out of it.

..... KRRRRKKK... NGGGGGG....

"What's going on." she looked at Reaper. "I thought this thing's busted." She faces the screen and wonders if it was some kind of emergency transmission.
Member
149011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Lost
Offline
Posted 10/24/10
"Im not sure" he replies as he begins typing and flipping switches on the console to route the signal to them "Hello we read you, the signals full of static though, repeat last transmission" he waits for a reply.
Member
36122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / on my laptop, whe...
Offline
Posted 10/24/10
"You think its a good idea to talk to them? the people down here aren't exactly friendly with us" Grim says.
Posted 10/24/10
Her heart wants to heed to the cautionary words of her companion but her curiosity merely left her quiet. She'd also want to know what that spark of imagery and message was, and just hope that it does not deal with any possible threat.

The screen went completely silent. Its square orb totally blank. Not more than 5 minutes have elapsed, it went again...

KZZZZZZT... "What yuuuu--" .... KSHHHHHH... "--Shwehhhh yuuuuwuuuu--".... KRKKKKK .... the distorted image flickers, but this time, there is definite identification on the person behind it... It was...

"Hyde," Sway whispers as she looked at the screen in a trance.

KZZZT... "You cannot--"... KSHHHHH.... "--come here, you hear? You're too--".... KRKKKKKK.... "Sway--" ... NGGGG... "SWAY! YOU ARE NOT--".... KZZT!.... the screen went blank completely.

"Reaper.." her brow raised, wondering if he can fix that glitch.
Member
149011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Lost
Offline
Posted 10/24/10
"I know" he replies while typing on the console. ("Hyde? Her godfather?")
Posted 10/24/10
Without any warning, all systems failed... the lights in the train, the controls, and the humming. Everything stopped.

"Okayyyy." Sway whispers as she looked around the darkness. "Now what?"

Not a moment too soon, the train jolts and strains into a loud screech..... SKWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! ... without the controls to help slow the train gradually, it shakes its contents and its passengers.

"HOLD ON TO SOMETHING!!" Sway yells above the continuous noise...... SKWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!.... BLAG BLAG BLAG-GAGG!
Member
36122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / on my laptop, whe...
Offline
Posted 10/24/10
Grim grabs hold of a railing to keep his balance, while Miku does the same on the other side.
Member
149011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Lost
Offline
Posted 10/24/10
Reaper braces himself on the console when the train comes to a screeching halt "Ugh" he rubs his neck from getting jerked and looks back to see if everyones ok before trying to start the train again "Tch" He gets up and checks the wiring in the console and stands back up facing his comrades "Everythings wired right, but the powers been cut off from outside" he glances at Sway "Could it have been him?"
Posted 10/24/10
"Could be, but I'm not sure at this point. (Mortis may have been aware of this, but then again, it somehow wouldn't make sense unless Hyde knows there's a trap waiting for us on our destination point. But what if that's not the case either? What if Hyde was merely protecting us by leaving us out of Mortis's radar? It STILL wouldn't make sense. He should've done that earlier, not now. And then there's that man who attacked us and---).... Reaper, we'll need to get this fixed real fast. Our "stalker" friend may catch up."

At the corner of her eye, she spied benches outside on the left and a sign above reading "KIDDIE AREA"...For some reason, something starts nagging within her, as she read that sign... something she can't grasp.

"What you guys think?" as she looked back at Grim and the others, "Might as well check this stop rather than being in here like sitting ducks."
Member
36122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / on my laptop, whe...
Offline
Posted 10/24/10 , edited 10/24/10
"Might as well, I don't think i have enough to spare for him along with what else we may encounter down here" Grim says. "So what will we do about Fate?" Miku asked. "Throw him around every comer to see if anything attacks" Grim says. "So use him as bait?" Miku asked, not looking to happy about Grim's suggestion. "Have any better uses for him right now?" Grim asked.
Member
149011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Lost
Offline
Posted 10/24/10
"Zombies like moving targets, not a lump" Reaper replies as he walks to the window looking out "He can catch up with us later, in the meantime we'll lockdown the train so nothing can get inside" he sighs before continuing "I need a new power supply for the train, otherwise we will be walking, so lets get going" he walks out of the control room to the next car and opens the door
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.