First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply A SEPARATE BUT COMMON ORDEAL
Posted 10/24/10
Sway looked at both men, a muscle twitching on the side of her lip, not knowing whether she should crack up at their remarks or ignore it.

"Eherm," she clears her throat, "Let's uhhh... let's keep our eyes peeled, shall we?" she unsheathes one of her blades and stepped out the door. The exit is similar to the regular subway stations, staircase on each side. She nods and heads up.
Member
36122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / on my laptop, whe...
Offline
Posted 10/24/10
Grim follows after Sway with his hands in his lab coat pockets. Miku follows beside him with a handgun out.
Member
149011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Lost
Offline
Posted 10/24/10
After securing the car doors, Reaper follows after them, Desert eagle in hand ("I need to keep a mental checklist on what we need") He examines the area as he walks ("Kiddie land huh? I dont like the sound of this")
Posted 10/24/10 , edited 10/24/10
As Sway first reached the landing, she stopped on her tracks... her katana momentarily lowered to her side. "Is this for real?"

Before them lay a vast space of kiddie rides, vending machines, booths, and confettis. Its a carnival. The rides can be clearly seen operational, and music is heard blaring on the speakers in every post.... music that sounded as if its on its final leg, slow-churning and scraggly.
Member
36122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / on my laptop, whe...
Offline
Posted 10/24/10
"Just where are we?" Miku asked. "Some place thats a huge waste of time, I see nothing useful to place down here" Grim says lookign at the place.
Member
149011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Lost
Offline
Posted 10/24/10
"This city wasnt so bad until all of this happened" he responded as he looked around ("This place still has power, good, now just to locate the generator")
Posted 10/24/10
Sway turns to Grim, "I know this is a waste of time, and trust me, the more we linger, the easier prey we are." she veers her vision to her surroundings and continues, "But since we can't go anywhere without the train being fixed, we might as well take advantage of this time by stocking up on food or mayhaps find any sort of materials that can aid us against any coming threat." She starts walking towards the booth section and raises her katana once again as she spotted blood spatters everywhere. "And I dont think this place is completely deserted. If you opt to go on your own, just remember that we will meet on the stair landing, once Reaper gives the signal that the train is ready to go."
Member
36122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / on my laptop, whe...
Offline
Posted 10/24/10
"Fine, fine" I'll see if there's anything worth salvaging" Grim says walking into there. "I'll make sure he doesn't do anything crazy" Miku says following him".
Member
149011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Lost
Offline
Posted 10/24/10 , edited 10/24/10
"Hmm corndogs" Reaper comments as he walks over to the rotisary and grabs one and takes a bite "Ugh its cold, but eatible" he replies as he finishes it and throws the stick on the ground "Im gonna go look for a power supply, be careful" he then walks away towards some tents looking around.
Posted 10/24/10 , edited 10/24/10
Sway merely nodded back at Miku after her remark...... and then shakes her head to herself after Reaper's small encounter with a corndog. She continues to scan the area around her, and found nothing but blood spatters and stuffed toys. "(Hmm... where are the owners of these booths? Or should I even bother asking that?)" she wondered, as she heads to a ride not too far from where she stand... its a carousel.
Member
36122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / on my laptop, whe...
Offline
Posted 10/24/10
Grim wanders around, looking for something that could be used later on. "See anything" Miku asked. "No, nothing" Grim says jumping over a counter to only find a small tank of gas. "I guess i can use this as a bomb, but nothing else" Grim says sighing
Posted 10/24/10

ricemap wrote:

Grim wanders around, looking for something that could be used later on. "See anything" Miku asked. "No, nothing" Grim says jumping over a counter to only find a small tank of gas. "I guess i can use this as a bomb, but nothing else" Grim says sighing


In the closed alleyway for carnival staffers, red eyes peered through the wooden slots as it had sniffed out and found two fresh preys for the taking... NGRRR-RRRRRR-HAHHHHHHH..... it drools...... its hands planted firmly on the door it leans on... it glows.... and glows even redder..... the door suddenly bursts into flames.... it waits and peers through, making sure his food won't get away.

Member
149011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Lost
Offline
Posted 10/24/10
("This place is eerily quiet, are we being watched?") Reaper shakes his head ("Nows not the time for this thinking, wheres the power supply?") He checks a few of the tents but to no avail ("Must be further in the back") He heads towards the ferris wheel
Posted 10/24/10
As Reaper busies himself looking for the parts needed, a shadow lurks not too far behind. The shuffling of its feet had stopped as it spots the man running here and there, searching for something important.

It continues walking... FWIK FWIK FWIK...... and then halted once again. The empty bumper cars on the right side kept moving and bumping about on its own scattered course, but the figure wasn't concerned about it. Its hand clutches on something red and round, its eyes deadset on Reaper... and as it sees him squat on an engine, it heads straight for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The carousel was in good working order, except for the body parts hanging on horses' heads and moving swan seats. Its own music-box tune plays, while round and round the animals went, each bobbing up and down to their rhythm... mirrors from the center pillar, deflecting the lightbulb's rays

Sway stares as she stood before it.... a feeling of deja vu..... a memory from the back of her mind..... her and her parents.

"Hihihihi yayyyyy!" a young girl clapping in glee as her horse went up and down.

"Sway? Angel, you need to hold on to the horsey or you'll fall" the voice of her mother calls out.

The child clings on, following what she was told.... her little head on the painted mane... her smile wide.

The ride had stopped and her father approaches, shaking his head as he stood before her. "Tsk tsk tsk. You really love that horsey, huh? Everytime we go here, you always pick that one. Are you sure you don't want to try the panda or the tiger? Hmm, sweetie?"

The girl shook her head and continues to hug the horse she is sitting on, "Want more."

Her father laughed. "Another round? You'll get dizzy." he smiles at her and nods, "Well alright, but just one more, okay?"

The child smiles back at her parents and went for another ride at the carousel............


.................. Sway found herself standing right within the moving ride itself. Her hand on the horse that she once called her favorite. "(So I was here before... Under the city... Away from the madness... With my mom and dad.)" She absentmindedly stroke the now-faded mane of the animal when suddenly---

CLANK! THOCK!... the head fell off.

With her hand on her chest, she felt a bit of guilt, though she knew that she couldn't have destroyed it with a mere gentle touch. Upon closer inspection, she noticed a curved up groove around the animal's neck.... the head was a screw-in.

She makes a sigh of relief and as she was to put the part back in, Sway noticed something wedged inside, something white. She reaches in with her arm and took out the item........... its a roll of papers. A red ribbon was tied neatly around it, but that was not what caught her attentiion. Its the make of the roll itself. She pauses...... and then she realized what it was.... "Could this be---?"

Hurriedly, she unties the ribbon and unrolls the sheaths of papers, her heart pounding loudly in her ears. Her question answered. The papers each have a tear on the side, the blue lines that ran across the pages, and the handwriting on each of those lines... unmistakable for it to be someone else's.

"The lost pages of Dr Hyde...." Sway whispers.


{TO BE CONTINUED..... THE UNRAVELING OF DR. HYDE} ~ ☢☢☢
Posted 10/28/10 , edited 10/28/10
☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢

Her hands shakes.... clutching the roll of paper she had found earlier. Her feelings was sorrow... but for now, its anger.....

Her body shakes.... "You....... why did you do this?..... My parents.... MY PARENTS!!!... YOU---!!" Sway bites into her lower lip. She wants to suppress what she is feeling so badly, she never knew she bit way too hard, her lip bleeding.

Her right hand went to her upper left arm. She touches it as if she never realized that body part has been there before. Her eyes gazes downward..... still buried in her thoughts... She has finished reading it.... finished it all.

Without further words, she rolls back the papers, places it in her back, and with a deep breath, she jumps back down. She knows what must be done at this very moment, her feelings will have to wait.... and that, she knows she's not sure to keep.

☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤

Executive Office...

Pristine...Not a hint of litter anywhere. Every furnishing is made of either mahogany or leather. It tells so much about the person who uses this space, no words necessary. Every signed contract and documents delegated on each side, and not a speck of dust on the windows. This man knows how things should be run. He wants things done his way. But why not? He IS the owner of this place. He is very recognized outside as well. That's why he never runs out of funding or resources.

The shadow lurks about, these thoughts running through its head. It looks at the walls and atop the main desk itself.

This is truly odd. For a man who is well-renowned, he does not prop a frame of anyone. Not a single one. Secretive. He deems things too private. No wonder he doesn't have a last name. Its simply Mortis. Which leads to the issue at hand.

The figure starts digging at the drawers. A search for answers. It didn't take long before a small roll of blueprints were found at the bottom right. Carefully, he unfurls it and skims through the pages with a flashlight.

My God. Will there be no end? So this is what he has been working on as well. A tunnel filled with almost all the amenities fit to his needs. He turns one plan over to skim on the next, and the next after that. What's this? A military base? What kind of tunnel underground can fit such a humongous thing as that? A piece of white paper fell on the ground as he turns another blueprint over. He picks it up and reads it. This is... He can't be serious. This is a rough for fusing plants and animals... with humans? What is this? Why are we not told of this?

Suddenly a voice interrupts his thoughts, “For a spy, you really fail miserably at it.” The whole room became bathed in light, its Mortis. “You need to practice more, but then again, it really isn’t nice to pry on other people’s belongings now. Don’t you think?....... Dr. Hyde?”

As the flustered doctor tries to find the right words to utter, the door of the office closes leaving him to face the man who is his employer.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.