First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Guys paying for girlfriends in dates
13298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 1/9/08

applexshampoo wrote:

i'm a feminist in that i think socially males and females should enjoy equality. i think dates should be 50/50 unless it's like her birthday or an occasion like that

girls who mooch off of guys is one of my pet peeves and honestly how can any female respect herself after letting someone pay their way in life. i just don't agree with the whole thing



agreed
14477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Moving around or...
Offline
Posted 1/9/08
It's a sign for superiority XP lol
But also, it makes the guy feel all warm and fuzzy because he gets to act like...like...umm....special XP
Guys all love doing nice things for girls, it's their hormones
Some guys think it'll increase their chances of getting in bed with her
Or if they already do get in bed, then it might of just became a habit
As for me, *crosses finger* I'll say that I like paying because I already feel honored to have that special lady with me tonight. XP
Okay, as for real answer, I personally like to pay because it's embarrassing to let the girl pay.
It's a societal value that is accepted by all except cheap or selfish men.
However, I have head about how guys get pissed off because the girls expect them to pay. Or if the girl eats their food before asking and getting an answer.
1200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / sydney, australia
Offline
Posted 1/9/08

dreamweaver49 wrote:


applexshampoo wrote:

i'm a feminist in that i think socially males and females should enjoy equality. i think dates should be 50/50 unless it's like her birthday or an occasion like that

girls who mooch off of guys is one of my pet peeves and honestly how can any female respect herself after letting someone pay their way in life. i just don't agree with the whole thing




Okay, I'm not this convinced of my own views, but I hate the sense of obligation I get when someone, anyone - not just guys - pays for me. And I can't understand how girlfriends can stand (pretty much) begging for stuff from their boyfriends. To me it indicates a serious lack of dignity and responsibility.

Personally - I've never dated, but my best friend's been a guy for the last three years - I hate guys paying for girls. It makes me feel little and useless. I pay my own way, and actually, I think I've used more money on him than he has on me. (I just think it's better to have someone indebted to you than be indebted to someone.)


i don't know about all that indebted stuff but i do think that it's liberating for a female to pay her half of what you spend as a couple

and not to do so as you said indicates a serious lack of dignity
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 1/9/08
girls always complain about men getting paid more, but they fail to realize that we pay for their dates, movies, drinks, cab rides home . that kind of money can really add up, and for girls the unspent money just piles up until they throw it away on something they actually want.

thats my opinion of it
667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Yokohama, Japan
Offline
Posted 1/9/08

applexshampoo wrote:


dreamweaver49 wrote:


applexshampoo wrote:

i'm a feminist in that i think socially males and females should enjoy equality. i think dates should be 50/50 unless it's like her birthday or an occasion like that

girls who mooch off of guys is one of my pet peeves and honestly how can any female respect herself after letting someone pay their way in life. i just don't agree with the whole thing




Okay, I'm not this convinced of my own views, but I hate the sense of obligation I get when someone, anyone - not just guys - pays for me. And I can't understand how girlfriends can stand (pretty much) begging for stuff from their boyfriends. To me it indicates a serious lack of dignity and responsibility.

Personally - I've never dated, but my best friend's been a guy for the last three years - I hate guys paying for girls. It makes me feel little and useless. I pay my own way, and actually, I think I've used more money on him than he has on me. (I just think it's better to have someone indebted to you than be indebted to someone.)


i don't know about all that indebted stuff but i do think that it's liberating for a female to pay her half of what you spend as a couple

and not to do so as you said indicates a serious lack of dignity



I'm Japanese. (To any Japanese person, this would be a perfectly good explanation for the 'indebted' stuff.) It's our mentality - we're designed to live in a society that never lets you stop competing. Even when you're in a relationship with a guy.
1873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / new zealand
Offline
Posted 1/9/08

FatedEmperor wrote:

It's a sign for superiority XP lol
But also, it makes the guy feel all warm and fuzzy because he gets to act like...like...umm....special XP
Guys all love doing nice things for girls, it's their hormones
Some guys think it'll increase their chances of getting in bed with her
Or if they already do get in bed, then it might of just became a habit
As for me, *crosses finger* I'll say that I like paying because I already feel honored to have that special lady with me tonight. XP
Okay, as for real answer, I personally like to pay because it's embarrassing to let the girl pay.
It's a societal value that is accepted by all except cheap or selfish men.
However, I have head about how guys get pissed off because the girls expect them to pay. Or if the girl eats their food before asking and getting an answer.


hahahaha...!! I KNEW IT!!!haha
thats why hes always pissed when i want to share the price..
is it really that embarasiing..haha
but if he pays for me..i feel really specail n stuff..
3630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Mars
Offline
Posted 1/9/08
Oh....so that's how it works. When I go on dates I usually say I forgot my wallet at home or we split the price
14477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Moving around or...
Offline
Posted 1/9/08

dhianne13 wrote:


FatedEmperor wrote:

It's a sign for superiority XP lol
But also, it makes the guy feel all warm and fuzzy because he gets to act like...like...umm....special XP
Guys all love doing nice things for girls, it's their hormones
Some guys think it'll increase their chances of getting in bed with her
Or if they already do get in bed, then it might of just became a habit
As for me, *crosses finger* I'll say that I like paying because I already feel honored to have that special lady with me tonight. XP
Okay, as for real answer, I personally like to pay because it's embarrassing to let the girl pay.
It's a societal value that is accepted by all except cheap or selfish men.
However, I have head about how guys get pissed off because the girls expect them to pay. Or if the girl eats their food before asking and getting an answer.


hahahaha...!! I KNEW IT!!!haha
thats why hes always pissed when i want to share the price..
is it really that embarasiing..haha
but if he pays for me..i feel really specail n stuff..


Lol, we also like making the girls feel special. Because if they feel special, then it means we're good with girls and we feel like we're so hot.
1200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / sydney, australia
Offline
Posted 1/9/08

dreamweaver49 wrote:


applexshampoo wrote:


dreamweaver49 wrote:


applexshampoo wrote:

i'm a feminist in that i think socially males and females should enjoy equality. i think dates should be 50/50 unless it's like her birthday or an occasion like that

girls who mooch off of guys is one of my pet peeves and honestly how can any female respect herself after letting someone pay their way in life. i just don't agree with the whole thing




Okay, I'm not this convinced of my own views, but I hate the sense of obligation I get when someone, anyone - not just guys - pays for me. And I can't understand how girlfriends can stand (pretty much) begging for stuff from their boyfriends. To me it indicates a serious lack of dignity and responsibility.

Personally - I've never dated, but my best friend's been a guy for the last three years - I hate guys paying for girls. It makes me feel little and useless. I pay my own way, and actually, I think I've used more money on him than he has on me. (I just think it's better to have someone indebted to you than be indebted to someone.)


i don't know about all that indebted stuff but i do think that it's liberating for a female to pay her half of what you spend as a couple

and not to do so as you said indicates a serious lack of dignity



I'm Japanese. (To any Japanese person, this would be a perfectly good explanation for the 'indebted' stuff.) It's our mentality - we're designed to live in a society that never lets you stop competing. Even when you're in a relationship with a guy.


wow, i didn't know that. that makes a lot of sense in that case
220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Elk Grove, CA
Offline
Posted 1/9/08
We do always pay. I don't think it's a superiority thing. I know a lot of guys that wished girls paid. Most women will say it's the man's job too do it, I belive they are taking advantage. They say we are all equal, until it benefits them of course. =p Then again, try going on a date with a girl and asking her to pay. Tell me how that goes.
1200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / sydney, australia
Offline
Posted 1/9/08

n_n303 wrote:
I see nothing wrong with the guy paying..


so equality between the sexes doesn't extend to stupid social rules to dating? females didn't always make much money or get much of an educated in the past and this is why men usually paid for them in courting situations but we're beyond that now so why has this stuck?

not an attack just wondering

10670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Washington DC
Offline
Posted 1/9/08
I'm dating a couple girls atm. Just dating, not in any sort of committed relationship. Each of these girls make far less money than I do; however, some of the things I like are more than they can afford. I like eating at certain restaurants, going see a Broadway musical in NYC, go to Disney World for a few days, etc. Certainly I do not make them flip the bill for things they cannot afford. One the other hand, we also do a lot of inexpensive,free dates like going to the bookstore and reading in the cafe or taking a walk thru Downtown DC, or checking out some museums. One particular girl that I like a lot cooks dinner on a regular basis. I buy the food and she fixes it. Works out great. :)

I never expect anything from them. I do for them what I am able and they do for me what they are able. That is all I could ever ask for.

For me dropping $1000 on an overnighter In NYC catching a couple Broadway Musicals is the equivalent of one of the girls I'm dating fixing me dinner and cuddling up next to me on the couch to watch a movie she got from netflix. If that is what she can afford, then I'm tremendously happy and very grateful. For me that is 50/50.
7011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / San Diego
Offline
Posted 1/9/08
Once you reach 21, your bills will go up the roof if you go to the bars or clubbing. I keep clubbing or goin to bars at a minimum
1873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / new zealand
Offline
Posted 1/9/08

FatedEmperor wrote:


dhianne13 wrote:


FatedEmperor wrote:

It's a sign for superiority XP lol
But also, it makes the guy feel all warm and fuzzy because he gets to act like...like...umm....special XP
Guys all love doing nice things for girls, it's their hormones
Some guys think it'll increase their chances of getting in bed with her
Or if they already do get in bed, then it might of just became a habit
As for me, *crosses finger* I'll say that I like paying because I already feel honored to have that special lady with me tonight. XP
Okay, as for real answer, I personally like to pay because it's embarrassing to let the girl pay.
It's a societal value that is accepted by all except cheap or selfish men.
However, I have head about how guys get pissed off because the girls expect them to pay. Or if the girl eats their food before asking and getting an answer.


hahahaha...!! I KNEW IT!!!haha
thats why hes always pissed when i want to share the price..
is it really that embarasiing..haha
but if he pays for me..i feel really specail n stuff..


Lol, we also like making the girls feel special. Because if they feel special, then it means we're good with girls and we feel like we're so hot.


hehehe..it makes them hot and cool..
hehe
whoow..you know lots bout this..
you have lotsa experience i guess..haha
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.